• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:39 PM

Luffy is the upcoming 5th power. He's only the underdog compared to Admirals and Emperors. He's not a mere rookies anymore that you should expect him to have difficulty with a fucking Headliners...do you expect Katakuri to have problem fighting Opera? It's not that Kaidou's crew is painted in bad image. This is just how strong the main character is at this point of the story. And precisely because Kaidou is so strong that he's reserved for an arc as late as this when Luffy has become so strong. You can't have it both ways unless you make Kaidou>>>BM which contradicts the balance between Emperors.

I find it weird that people expect too much from Yonkou's crew...(not that BM's aren't idiots, mind you)

Edited by Fulmine, 13 September 2018 - 11:40 PM.

• Tale and masterbio like this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#22 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:47 AM

I find it weird that people expect too much from Yonkou's crew

Hawking is headliner and so is Drake.

Headliners power lv go from Sheepshead to Holdem and Speed to xx and yy to Drake and Hawkins.

#23 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:58 AM

Hawking is headliner and so is Drake.

Headliners power lv go from Sheepshead to Holdem and Speed to xx and yy to Drake and Hawkins.

They are newly added members though. Kaidou had been Emperor way before they joined. So I don't really count them and just think of them as Supernova. Same way I don't really count Jinbe in BM's crew. Or maybe Jinbe = Hawkins+Drake? :hmm:

#24 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:29 PM

They are newly added members though. Kaidou had been Emperor way before they joined. So I don't really count them and just think of them as Supernova. Same way I don't really count Jinbe in BM's crew. Or maybe Jinbe = Hawkins+Drake? :hmm:

wrong. you see smoker was a captain before the TS and now he is a VA. Drake was a rear admiral before the TS (there are technically 2 rear admiral ranks, lower half and upper half) so if drake follows smoker's progression perfectly he is currently either Admiral level or fleet admiral level depending on which rear admiral he was.

in other words Drake is actually the strongest in the crew.

Luffy is the upcoming 5th power. He's only the underdog compared to Admirals and Emperors. He's not a mere rookies anymore that you should expect him to have difficulty with a fucking Headliners...do you expect Katakuri to have problem fighting Opera? It's not that Kaidou's crew is painted in bad image. This is just how strong the main character is at this point of the story. And precisely because Kaidou is so strong that he's reserved for an arc as late as this when Luffy has become so strong. You can't have it both ways unless you make Kaidou>>>BM which contradicts the balance between Emperors.

I find it weird that people expect too much from Yonkou's crew...(not that BM's aren't idiots, mind you)

see this is what i have been saying from day one of this arc, why the hell should i care about hawkins and fodder head liners who are more likely then not going to get stomped by luffy?

either Oda needs to follow franky nami and chopper and they struggle to deal with head liners. or he needs to follow luffy as he struggles with jack, but what he is doing right now feels like he wants this arc to be 200 chapters long and he is just writing for the sake of writing.

if someone were to ask what happened since luffy arrived at wano, I would say "there is a girl named 0-bama, and a girl/ possible tranny named o-kiku and luffy stole a sword. also he stomped on a few clowns......oh and hawkins is here! dont bother reading, you missed nothing."

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#25 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:02 PM

Btw sexist zoro was in action again,cutting everyone down except for the woman Speed.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#26 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:52 PM

Drake was a rear admiral before the TS

I've heard you say this before. He wasn't a rear admiral just before TS. He was a rear admiral before he quit the Marines and became a pirate, as far as we know he could've been viceadmiral level in Sabaody.

Edited by Madara D Dragon, 14 September 2018 - 04:52 PM.

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#27 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:32 AM

I've heard you say this before. He wasn't a rear admiral just before TS. He was a rear admiral before he quit the Marines and became a pirate, as far as we know he could've been viceadmiral level in Sabaody.

That doesn't change the factual nature of what captain kidd said in the slightest.

#28 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:38 AM

Oda is shitting on characters other then Luffy and, Zoro and law. Yeap another one of those chapters....

I no that they are mutch stronegr but come on, give the villains something other then 1 hit KOs....its really panting a abd image on Kaidou's crew

Luffy is going to defeat Kaidou this arc and you want him to struggle against semi-fodder? lol

ou see smoker was a captain before the TS and now he is a VA.

He was a commodore in MF, not a captain. The rank just below Rear admiral.

He also only started raising through the ranks after he left Loguetown.

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#29 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:37 AM

That doesn't change the factual nature of what captain kidd said in the slightest.

Sure, I never said it did .

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#30 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:36 PM

Luffys not defeating Kaido this arc ...said it first

#31 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:05 PM

Luffys not defeating Kaido this arc ...said it first

You know what? I want that, too, although not in the same manner as what happened to BM.

• KUROkami likes this

#32 dbgetblack

dbgetblack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:37 PM

Praise the LORD. Its Law vs Hawkins. make 'em fight ODA. let me see whos power is more f'ing OP. 

• raptor13 likes this

#33 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:55 PM

I still give it to Law due to his versatility and his derp slice is the best counter ever to people with high durability or tricks that help dodge damage, which Hawkins is. Hawkins, as hax as he seems, is a one-trick pony so far. Well, 2-trick: no damage received and a giant Straw doll.

Of course this is purely about DFs. Maybe Hawkins is secretly a speedster or maybe his h2h combat is divine or his straw can travel underground or something...maybe he can even grow straw inside his body to stitch organs like DD LOL

Edited by Fulmine, 15 September 2018 - 11:57 PM.

#34 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 September 2018 - 04:32 AM

Luffy is the upcoming 5th power.

I believe Luffy will be considered a "true" yonkou at the end of the arc (kaidous forces might be immensly diminished/reduced after this arc, thus no longer being enough to have the overall influence/power of a true yonkou, but as an individual still having the strength to face any emperor in a 1v1). Luffy himself should once more (just like vs Kata) receive an huge upgrade powerwise (awakeing (whatever that will be worth?) g5, better CoA, CoC etc) so should the crewmembers (jinbei should not be forgotten). Furthermore there is a powerboost through new allies (samurai, ninja, possibly 1 SN, who would then remain permanent ally)). 

There is still to consider the option of the SHGrandfleet members get battle prowess/powerupgrades too.  

He's not a mere rookies anymore that you should expect him to have difficulty with a fucking Headliners.
While i agree that he should not have real difficulties with the headliners, the amount of how easily they r defeated still makes them look like ... well real bad. I might at least make him withstand more than a few secs, or rather say 2 attacks.... of course there is still the possibility of some headliners which are far more powerful than Holdem and Sheepshead as the ones we know. I mean Hawkins and Drake should definately be far stronger than what sheepshead seems to be.

BTW what is/means: "Atamayama"? http://mangaseeonlin...917-page-8.html

Kiku seems to know about Shoutenmaru, interesting, since the first time when i heard about a food thief i thought it clearly is law who teleports there snatches the food and then teleports away again, but does not seem to be the case...   

#35 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:06 AM

While i agree that he should not have real difficulties with the headliners, the amount of how easily they r defeated still makes them look like ... well real bad. I might at least make him withstand more than a few secs, or rather say 2 attacks.... of course there is still the possibility of some headliners which are far more powerful than Holdem and Sheepshead as the ones we know. I mean Hawkins and Drake should definately be far stronger than what sheepshead seems to be.

Holdem was hit by an attack that put Doflamingo on his knees (yes I'm aware of the context).

He had no business withstanding that.

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#36 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:55 AM

Luffy is going to defeat Kaidou this arc and you want him to struggle against semi-fodder? lol

Pure ownage is not necessarily bad as long as you can make it... worthwhile... This just wasn't...

Just saiyan...

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 16 September 2018 - 08:56 AM.

#37 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:51 AM

@Fulmine

I wouldn't say Hawkins is a one-trick pony just yet.

We've seen two out of a probable twenty-two of his card powers, and that's not figuring in the possibility that each card can have more than one power.

Edited by Tale, 16 September 2018 - 11:52 AM.

#38 dbgetblack

dbgetblack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:42 PM

I still give it to Law due to his versatility and his derp slice is the best counter ever to people with high durability or tricks that help dodge damage, which Hawkins is. Hawkins, as hax as he seems, is a one-trick pony so far. Well, 2-trick: no damage received and a giant Straw doll.

Of course this is purely about DFs. Maybe Hawkins is secretly a speedster or maybe his h2h combat is divine or his straw can travel underground or something...maybe he can even grow straw inside his body to stitch organs like DD LOL

i am highly interested in Hawkins and Law's fight ,cause that way ODA will be forced  to cough up the boundaries of hawkins power,which we may or may not fully know yet. like :

1> whats the pre-necessary condition to make Voodoo doll ? is it voluntary or non-voluntary ? like is Zoro's dripped blood is sufficient to make doll outta him? IF SO,then will Zoro's doll act as fodder too ? or his doll take much more damage than other fodders ?

2> hawkin's tarot card seems to be a part of his DF, and its been shown that his card CAN hurt his own dolls inside his body , so by transient property is it possible that there is some card that might make the opponent useless? or a card that can change outcome of some probability and constrain his opponent? (which does not seemed so in Kizaru fight ,but after i am just considering post -ts) 

3> hows hawkin's COO? he got slashed by Zoro's flying slash, he could or could not dodge it,or just chose not to? 

on other hand  Law's power:
1> effing cut anything if his haki/current physical status allows him to cut . 

now,will Law be able to cut hawkin's real body ? if he does will be see dolls /straw or something else ?

thus,this Law vs hawkins fight prospect piqued my interest. 

Edited by dbgetblack, 16 September 2018 - 01:43 PM.

#39 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:00 PM

@Fulmine

I wouldn't say Hawkins is a one-trick pony just yet.

We've seen two out of a probable twenty-two of his card powers, and that's not figuring in the possibility that each card can have more than one power.

I did say ''so far''. And aren't the cards just representation of what he would transfer damage to? They are not actually part of his fruits. Makes no sense for a Straw fruit to have card power. Too left-field...

#40 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:44 PM

@Fulmine What do you mean? The cards don't seem related to the damage transferal. 

Also, I think the name of the DF is probably misleading. I would assume it's some kind of magic-themed DF in spite of the straw part.

• KUROkami likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users