• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 raptor13

raptor13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:02 PM

Don't we already know that the Calamities are Kaidou's commanders? Sheepshead basically said it when they were first introduced and he's a headliner so they calamities are for sure the higher rank. I agree with those first pages though, we get it Oda, the shogun and kaidou are dicks that took all the good food and water. 

I'm excited about Law vs Hawkins, I hope Oda doesn't play us on this one and actually shows us a good fight.

I have this big hunch that Hawkins is just 'playing' the lap dog and in truth he was just biding his time.  EVERY time we see him focused on Luffy his eyes are shadowed, which in OP means something is going on.  Smart money is on him becoming Law's informant in the organization so to speak (if not flat out joining the alliance)  :<_<:  instead of an entertaining battle.  Especially after Luffy just leveled 1/10 the town and one shot Holdem with Gum Gum Pistol 2.0.  Sadly for Speed if this is all true, she is now setup for a very fast and horrible finale soon.  Leave no witnesses...  :greg:

Unless of course we just met the one good hearted henchman on Kaidou... oh, what am I saying.  A non SH, non royalty female with the villain.  She's screwed unless she is marriage material for someone.  :whistle:

Btw, anyone know what the deal is with the flying house?  It flies in around page 8 and the next page it is just floating over the town.

Edited by raptor13, 16 September 2018 - 11:12 PM.

Next Nakama ballot:

Spoiler

#42 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 05:20 AM

The flying roof is flying because it's made of a specially buoyant material.

Don't forget that this arc is not just Kaidou but BM would come, too. I hope Fujitora will deal with her since Akainu doesn't need him on MF anw.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#43 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,973 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:17 AM

I do hope that Oda spends some time on the Law and Hawkins fight. He doesn't need to focus on Luffy all the time. There are a lot of other interesting things going on in Wano and the world that can use some attention I think. I mean it was fun last issues seeing Luffy sort of participate in the sumo match and easily dispatch the sumo wrestler, but Luffy one shotting people can wear thin fast if that is all he is doing. Needs to be used sparingly I think. I'd like to see Luffy hold off on fighting anyone until someone that is more of a challenge shows up.

Plus it would be nice to see a fight between two unique devil fruits in Law and Hawkins. I think Law would win, since his fruit is so broken, but Hawkins probably has a lot of tricks to make it a more even fight. He doesn't seem like the type to put himself in danger until he is fully aware of his situation. I wonder how quickly Hawkins can recognize Law from his ability or equipment though.

Also it was great seeing Luffy and Zoro working together. Man it has been SO LONG since the two of them really interacted like this. Where they know what each other is going to do and work without needing to communicate much. The panel where the two of them fast stepped and was neat. Also Luffy really has no self control in these situations, lol. Guess running away is something he learned from Ace but I guess now Jack is going to show up and he might be Luffy's first big fight in this arc.

• Blackody likes this

#44 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:15 AM

Oda said it himself in an interview: when he writes an arc he has to delay Luffy's meeting the big boss as long as possible otherwise we would get directly into the main fight of the arc and when Luffy defeats the opponent (plot demands so LOL) the arc would finish before other plotlines are solved.

Sadly, instead of focusing on other characters and fights or disabling Luffy the way Oda did in Arlong Park (stuck underwater) to get Luffy out of the picture, Oda decides to give us more...Luffy vs fodders fights...

I'd be glad if Luffy just takes a tour on Wano then shows up at the end to fight Kaidou. Let the rest of the cast shines. Law vs Hawkins, Minks vs Jack, Robin infiltrates Shogun's room as geisha (no 18+, regrettably) etc.

• Blackody likes this

#45 dbgetblack

dbgetblack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 17 September 2018 - 12:11 PM

Plus it would be nice to see a fight between two unique devil fruits in Law and Hawkins. I think Law would win, since his fruit is so broken, but Hawkins probably has a lot of tricks to make it a more even fight. He doesn't seem like the type to put himself in danger until he is fully aware of his situation. I wonder how quickly Hawkins can recognize Law from his ability or equipment though

i dont think Law's win would be so easy over hawkins. thats why its piqued my interest,in an earlier post i said, hawkin's powers are not yet fully defined by ODA ..

Hawkin's voodoo doll ability and its pre-necessary and sufficient conditions are not defined yet. like voodoo doll making can be done voluntarily or non-voluntarily ? like Zoro's blood enough to make Voodoo doll of him or not? is it is ,then the doll would act as fodder or would have the same stamina as Zoro?

also Tarot cards are part of Hawkin's df,its power is not defined yet either, nor its ability to show /play (supposedly) probabilities of future. like can tarot cards change /stop opponent's attack? etc. 

on the other hand Law can "cut anything" within his room unless its under his haki/physical power.  

i hopeODA does not side panel it,or just ditches it in middle .. a law vs hawkins fight would be grand for this arc . 

the Arc itself is much beautiful art-wise then the previous ones, like the intriguing details he is putting into. this chapter was a very good job.

• Shin likes this

#46 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,973 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 17 September 2018 - 02:29 PM

i dont think Law's win would be so easy over hawkins. thats why its piqued my interest,in an earlier post i said, hawkin's powers are not yet fully defined by ODA ..

Hawkin's voodoo doll ability and its pre-necessary and sufficient conditions are not defined yet. like voodoo doll making can be done voluntarily or non-voluntarily ? like Zoro's blood enough to make Voodoo doll of him or not? is it is ,then the doll would act as fodder or would have the same stamina as Zoro?

also Tarot cards are part of Hawkin's df,its power is not defined yet either, nor its ability to show /play (supposedly) probabilities of future. like can tarot cards change /stop opponent's attack? etc. 

on the other hand Law can "cut anything" within his room unless its under his haki/physical power.  

i hopeODA does not side panel it,or just ditches it in middle .. a law vs hawkins fight would be grand for this arc . 

the Arc itself is much beautiful art-wise then the previous ones, like the intriguing details he is putting into. this chapter was a very good job.

Yeah, that would be a complete shame if Oda decides to off panel this fight. He doesn't need to show the complete fight here, maybe they can have a rematch later in the arc when more is at stake or something, but he has to give each their spotlight here. It is so rare that we get a fight with two characters with real unique abilities, I'm struggling to think of that many examples of it, and like you said we probably haven't even seen the extent of what Hawkins can do as well.

And I didn't even think of him maybe being able to manipulate Zoro given he drew blood from him earlier. That might be interesting to see Zoro have to fight a Luffy or a Law maybe.

• dbgetblack likes this

#47 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:09 AM

we just need 1 full chapter of fight and that's enough.

#48 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:12 AM

Luffy is going to defeat Kaidou this arc and you want him to struggle against semi-fodder? lol

He was a commodore in MF, not a captain. The rank just below Rear admiral.
He also only started raising through the ranks after he left Loguetown.

Well i might be confused because in real life in America it goes lt commander commander captain then the 4 admiral ranks. Either way my 3 rank jump joke is still correct.

I've heard you say this before. He wasn't a rear admiral just before TS. He was a rear admiral before he quit the Marines and became a pirate, as far as we know he could've been viceadmiral level in Sabaody.

So you are under the impression that a rear admrial had such a tough and grueling time making it up the easy half of the gl that he jumped in power to va or admrial level? Lol and here i thought luffy had the hardest path....

Would it make you happy if i said "at least" rear admiral level?
All we can say for certain is he was rear admiral level, you have no facts or evidence to say otherwise....it wasnt even hinted at that he got stronger...

I have this big hunch that Hawkins is just 'playing' the lap dog and in truth he was just biding his time. EVERY time we see him focused on Luffy his eyes are shadowed, which in OP means something is going on. Smart money is on him becoming Law's informant in the organization so to speak (if not flat out joining the alliance) :<_<: instead of an entertaining battle. Especially after Luffy just leveled 1/10 the town and one shot Holdem with Gum Gum Pistol 2.0. Sadly for Speed if this is all true, she is now setup for a very fast and horrible finale soon. Leave no witnesses... :greg:

Unless of course we just met the one good hearted henchman on Kaidou... oh, what am I saying. A non SH, non royalty female with the villain. She's screwed unless she is marriage material for someone. :whistle:

Btw, anyone know what the deal is with the flying house? It flies in around page 8 and the next page it is just floating over the town.

Dude that roof has been flying up there for at least 2 chapters. I have been making jokes about the town of left overs having rocks on their roofs to stop them from flying away like that one is.

The flying roof is flying because it's made of a specially buoyant material.

Don't forget that this arc is not just Kaidou but BM would come, too. I hope Fujitora will deal with her since Akainu doesn't need him on MF anw.

See.... this is my problem with oda. He invents all these crazy and cool contraptions but then forgets about them or has other pirates not interested at all.
Dials exist, hell a lightning dial existed, why the fuck did wiper get sea stone, a rare reject dial, and NOT a lightning dial?!? Why dont all pirates have these dials? Why dont the px each have a dial in their hands instead of kuma's pads?
Apperently there is a way to make "unbreakable stone" why doesnt armor of this stone exist? Don kreig 2.0?

Now, we have flying wood, why arent there millions of flying pirate ships made of this wood?

And dont even get me started on turning items into zoan users + smile.....

Or the fact that it is possible to make lasers, or these anicent weapons everyone forgot about...

Not to mention, vp + judge figured out how to clone/ minipulate dna!!!! So judge makes batches of fodder? And vp takes it a slight step up and clones a kinda strong pirate..... VP do you not know what kind of creatures exist in OP? Fish men giants 3 eyes. Why are these px not 10 miles tall, able to breath under water and smarter then vp himself?

Also there is something called sea stone, hard to break, good against df users, hardly ever used in combat....
  • Fulmine likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#49 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 10:23 AM

See.... this is my problem with oda. He invents all these crazy and cool contraptions but then forgets about them or has other pirates not interested at all.
Dials exist, hell a lightning dial existed, why the fuck did wiper get sea stone, a rare reject dial, and NOT a lightning dial?!? Why dont all pirates have these dials? Why dont the px each have a dial in their hands instead of kuma's pads?
Apperently there is a way to make "unbreakable stone" why doesnt armor of this stone exist? Don kreig 2.0?

Now, we have flying wood, why arent there millions of flying pirate ships made of this wood?

And dont even get me started on turning items into zoan users + smile.....

Or the fact that it is possible to make lasers, or these anicent weapons everyone forgot about...

Not to mention, vp + judge figured out how to clone/ minipulate dna!!!! So judge makes batches of fodder? And vp takes it a slight step up and clones a kinda strong pirate..... VP do you not know what kind of creatures exist in OP? Fish men giants 3 eyes. Why are these px not 10 miles tall, able to breath under water and smarter then vp himself?

Also there is something called sea stone, hard to break, good against df users, hardly ever used in combat....

I'm fairly confident One Piece characters aren't allowed to be more than moron except for Croc and the likes and even they might occasionally be nerfed

• captain kidd likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users