12 replies to this topic

#1 Miria

Miria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

magilogo_zpsb2085f8d.png

My King, I, the Great Magician shall grant your wish. 
You can even wish for great fortune, 
To rule over millions of stars, 
Or for eternal life. 
Now... What is your wish...?

summer_zps728e84c1.png

Premise
At the far east lies the great Kou Empire that raised its military force and subdued much of the Eastern Continent under a single rule. Boasting their military might, it's arguably become the strongest kingdom in the East but only when it's Empire stands united. With the recent passing of their dear Emperor, the right of ascension to the throne has the kingdom torn in two. With one faction supporting Prince Ren Kouen to succeed the throne, the other claims that right for the Empress Ren Gyokuen. Kou Empire now stands on the verge of a great Civil War and the citizens suffer the consequence of their leaders political struggles. Amongst this chaos and strife a mysterious Dungeon appears beneathe the heart of Kou Empire where the slaves are worked to death day and night mining for gold. A Dungeon that will decide a noble candidate worthy of becoming a King among mankind attracts those seeking power to control. A King that can and will save the commoners from their miserable sufferings. Only the bravest will conquer what lies within the Dungeon walls. 

Concept Time!
And everyone is invited to piece in their input as they see fit. 

The RP will take place in the current arc of the Manga and focus primarily on the inner workings of Kou Empire now leaning towards civil war between Kouen and Gyoukuen's factions. The story will focus on three protagonist from the Kou Empire, each from various backgrounds to rise up within the corruption of Kou as potential King. 

FAQ Time!

1. What kind of characters can I make in this RP?

Anything is possible as long as you don't make anything that defies logic. Meaning no you can't be a djinn or a Magi (the RP already has the 4 canon ones you'll come across at some stage). 

2. You spoke of three protagonists... does that mean you're only accepting 3 RPers?

Yes! I tend to keep my applicant numbers short for a good reason. 

3. Who are these protagonists and what do they do in regards to the plot? How are the canon Kou characters related? 

The roles I have available will be one of the three and the successful applicant can apply for one of them. They are Fallen Noble, Kou Infantry Soldier, and a Foreign Slave. All three has some background story that eventually drive them into attempting a Dungeon Conquest. 

If I had to share a sneak peek at what's in store for all of the characters...

4. Will players get Djinn Equips? If so how will it work in relation to this RP?

Yes in due time. I can't guarantee that everyone will get one but it's bound to happen at some stage and as for how it will work I'd rather keep that a secret for the time when someone actually unlocks Djinn Equip. Just bear in mind that while it's not set in stone whether a Magician is able to obtain a Djinn or not but it's canon knowledge that the two can't work together as well since both are magic users and therefore they interfere with each other's spells. 

5. Are we allowed to start out as a Magician? 

I won't openly object to the idea but I think it'll be more interesting for players to slowly discover their aptitude for Magic. When I originally designed the rp I even thought about banning the idea of starting as a Magician from Day 1 and slowly give it to one or two players who I feel could use that unusual Gift of magecraft. The series have come across four different sorts of classes so far and they are Swordsman, Magicians/Magi, Brawlers(Aka Fanalis), Thieves/Assassns (Kassim/Jaffar). I personally had this idea of letting someone start off as a swordsman but eventually as the RP progresses they discover that they have latent potentials to become a Magician. Combine the two and you get a very unusual warrior that we don't see everyday a magic swordsman. The closest example I can think of such odd cases is probably Instructor Myers who has a great balance of physical abilities as well as magic combining them to create a practical magician apt in close range combat. 

6. Is this RP going to be first come first serve? We ask because it only has 3 maybe 4 slot open for taking. 

You'll probably laugh at this but no it's not first come first serve at all. Surprised? you ought to be since it's my first time designing this type of approval as well. It's first to impress first serve this time around. So even without starting the actual RP you're already a part of it by applying your CS in to see if it's worthy to become a King candidate or not. Am I being serious? yup I'm going to be quite serious in choosing who gets to be the participant like a shrewd Djinn choosing a King candidate. So make the best effort into impressing me rather than submitting a rushed job. 

Characters Available

Fallen Noble of Kou 
In the case of the Fallen Noble, you are a prince/princess of Kou Empire, one of the less legitimate heirs of the late emperor. In the event of the rift between Kouen and Empress Gyokuen you fall victim of false accusation, claiming to be plotting a coup against Kouen. Stripped of your nobility and everything you've inherited, you are sentenced to a trial that dooms you to public execution that will set an example for the public. As you are waiting in your prison for the day you are to be executed, the prison ground gives out and you fall into a deep underground mine where a Dungeon appears to have erected. In some ways think of Prince Zuko from Avatar the Last Airbender for a general idea where I'm taking this character. As you would expect from a Kou nobility, you will be named Ren (create your own name here). Regardless of which path you take with the noble you will suffer from a penalty of inexperience as nobles lead a sheltered life away from true dangers. But to your advantage, you have a brother, Ryofu (otherwise known as Lu Bu) not related by blood but sworn by oath who happens to be your greatest ally and one of the few respected general within Kouen's main camp, his physical strength rivaling even that of the fanalis tribes. Shares the same father as Ren Hakuei and her younger brother Ren Hakuryuu.

Pros. Starts with a free Masrur as NPC companion. 
Cons. Slightly weaker than the other characters. 

Kou Infantry Soldier
As a greenhorn within the Kou Infantry, you ask no questions and you are expected to execute your given orders without fail. You hail from a poor family and the only option left for you to meet the day's ends was to become a soldier and here you are, finding yourself at the mercy of your corrupt senior officer who seems to take special pleasure in hunting down the Kouga tribe, capturing their women and enslaving them to serve him before selling them off to the slave trader. Countless times you've questioned about the morals and ethics that you've been forced to ignore, the longer you stay as a soldier you feel that you're taking one step further away from sanity as you take innocent lives at your superior's commands. One day however, your commander assigns you to act as a small army as he marches his troops into the newly erected Dungeon found deep in the underground gold mines that stretch beneath Kou Empire. In there you find your comrades being slaughtered left and right and before you know it you're the last one standing. Will you take this chance to redeem your past mistakes? or join your buddies as monster feed? Though you were of common birth, you are half brothers to a government official Ka Koubun and you share the same surname with him but you are not on good terms with him. Coincidentally you are uncharacteristically well acquainted with the Kou princess he serves, Princess Kougyoku who wasn't always a Princess as she lived in the countryside when she was younger with her common born mother until she was taken into Palace. 

Pros. You get regular NPC interaction with Princess Kougyoku (Childhood friend) and Ka Koubun (Half Brother) when you get the chance ,is proficient with weapons.
Cons. Hated by commoners, loathed by Kouga Tribe for what you did to them despite being under the orders of your superiors. 

Foreign Slave (Gold Miner)
A slave down to the very core, you have a distant memory of your childhood but none of that matters anymore because you're destined to live out the remainder of your life as a slave working in the harsh environment beneath Kou Capital where the gold mines stretch to the darkest abyss of the underground. It's been years since you've last bathed in sunlight and the longer you spend your years in the mines you start to lose your sense of self... Yet one day, a great accident occurs while you are working the mines. Lights burn out, leaving the miners in total darkness and at the mercy of the violent quake as it rips the very foundation of the mines to erect a Dungeon. By the time you regain consciousness you're surrounded by corpses of fellow slaves and trapped from the cave in leaving your only path to either starve to death or to proceed onto the Dungeon before you...

Pros. Potentially can be from anywhere and depending on origin may be well acquainted with some canon cast of your pick as long as it makes logical sense
Cons. Starts off as a hungry half naked slave with more or less nothing but a loaf of bread and shackles. 

Character Sheet

Name: 

Trait: What is unique/special about them? Special talents? Magic? Fanalis Blood? 

Weapon/Tool: Bear in mind that should you become chosen by the Djinn this will probably become your Metal Vessel. 

Appearance: Image will suffice if you can't be bothered with description or both. 

Personality: 

History: You already have a selection of characters to choose from so pick one and feel free to add/edit more to it as you see fit. 

Leave any questions or personal input and I'll consider them!!!

Edited by Miria, 04 January 2013 - 02:15 AM.

#2 kiddeadpool

kiddeadpool

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDragon's Den

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

I am in, all three look good but, I think 4 might be the magic number here. Just makes for different dynamics. I already have a character i mind for the Fallen Kou.

If their is any input needed, I would first like to see what you have in mind for a system for growth as well as who will be involved in regards to Cannon characters and their Roles.

#3 Miria

Miria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

I don't think there will be any need for a 4th slot seeing as the concept seems not very popular at all. The biggest challenge will be to gather 3 players first of all, then there might be a consideration for the fourth. 

System for growth? What do you mean? if you mean by stats my rp doesn't use statistics to decide outcomes. 

#4 Riesbife

Riesbife

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

I think you have two, so just one more player.

#5 kiddeadpool

kiddeadpool

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDragon's Den

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

i dont do stats either

however, it sort of gets dull doing crazy things and not really growing or being limited by an unknown factor. Just how do we attain the different levels of DJinn equip and stuff like that. How do we know how many Djinn we can have contracts with. And so on

#6 Miria

Miria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

i dont do stats either

however, it sort of gets dull doing crazy things and not really growing or being limited by an unknown factor. Just how do we attain the different levels of DJinn equip and stuff like that. How do we know how many Djinn we can have contracts with. And so on

Hmm considering this is right in the middle of Kou territory the player's chance of obtaining a Metal Vessel is very slim. I won't go into details of what you would expect to find in the dungeon itself but discounting that there are Kou soldiers(Mainly Generals) you'll have to compete with and since the three players are not the subjects Judal wants the Metal Vessels to be obtained by there's also the chance of Judal trolling the players by levelling the dungeon to the ground(Possibilities are fun). I suppose I could give an elaborate guideline on how those crafty Djinn equips will evolve in the rp but I feel it's best to leave out those details until you actually have one in possession (Overplanning isn't what I'd call flexible since I may change my mind about certain aspects of it with my thoughts). 

As for how many Djinns you can have? I thought it was rare enough for Sinbad and Kouen to have more than one contracts, so just one at most. 

#7 kiddeadpool

kiddeadpool

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDragon's Den

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

what exactly are you asking for input on then? sounds like you have it all figured out.

#8 Miria

Miria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Well you mentioned a 4th character so I take it you had an idea of what you might want the fourth character to be. 

The ways I came up with the current three it generally followed these characteristic traits. 

Isn't happy with the Kou Empire or it's government. 
Has been wronged in some way
The current systematic life they lead is all dictated against their will. eg. Prince/Princess being executed, Soldier having to do dirty deeds for a living, Slave is well... slaving away against their will. 

Generally any 2 combination of those three mentioned above or more.  

When I thought about a fourth player I was thinking of a Doctor who tries to lead an honest living in the heart of Kou empire but finds themselves unable to save everyone due to the lack of resources. Kind of like Archer from Fate/Stay Night where he has to choose who lives and who dies and usually the choice is determined by the fast majority, if he can save 5 people but 4 people can't be saved he saves 5 people and dooms 4. This Doctor tries to help as many people as possible but there's a limit to how many people can be saved with the resource available. Resource can be anything really, magoi, medical supplies which are getting more and more expensive as taxes are raised for the coming war between Laem and Kou, etc etc. Depending on how far the player wants to take it, he/she may have even chosen to save people while ignoring their own family. Remember how I said this doctor tries to help as many people even if it cost them lesser number of people's lives? Same could be applied to give them a tragic past where they had to choose between saving their own family or saving a whole village of casualties from wars. I'd probably assume the role of Magician could probably suit the doctor. 

But yeah I was hoping for something like that as an input. A deep thought into developing some sort of idea for a character and tossing ideas between ourselves to see what works well here. 

#9 Baro

Baro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Oh my goodness I loved this anime and its super refreshing setting wise... I think I'd like to be the 3rd Player!

#10 Prinnyday

Prinnyday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

Consder me in.

I'll be making the Slave character. Once a academy mage of Magnoshutatt, during the invasion, he was placed to be on the front lines due to being a first type, red magician. He had yet to complete his first year.

Hopefully there will be room for one more!

3 is too little :(

#11 Miria

Miria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

In the rp Kou Empire hasn't lauched their siege against Magnoshutatt yet and I'm not planning on advancing that far ahead of the story since we don't actually know whats going to happen in canon yet. I think it's within reason to say that there's been some skirmishes on Magnoshutatt borders (without Mogamett's knowledge) but other than that there probably wasn't any large scale invasion since Kou Empire sent Prince Kouha as an emissary to negotiate with Mogamett. 

Also there has to be some reason how a Magician becomes a slave. Considering he's a first kodor and red magician, there must be numerous ways for him to initiate an escape. It's never explained whether Magicians are incapable of performing magic without their wands but personally I think they're usually just as capable with or without their wands. 

Main problems I see are two things. 

1. Invasion has yet to happen. 
2. He's a first Kodor Red Magician... against normal goi guards/prison wardens. 

If you can get back to me with some of those gaps filled out with answers I'll be happy to announce we have enough interest and move on with the actual OOC. 

As for 3 players. Well I did say I could probably increase it to 4 but anymore than that I tend to find it generally slows down the rp alot. Course me going on hiatus can also affect it but having too many players to update for and wait for a post can drag it down to 1 update per week. It's why I usually have some doubts when I see some RP with 10+ people. But as luck would have it I don't think Magi is that popular in OM so it should be fine with 4 players in total. 

I can still use a fresh outlook of ideas for potential King Candidates to fill in the 4th slot so if anyone feels that they're creative enough to attempt it please do so and I'll be happy to see what could work and what won't. 

#12 Prinnyday

Prinnyday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

I see, I also never metion about being a first kodor, I meant from the manga, they called fire Type magicians, First type, Red Magician.

I actually decided to go and do a Half Fanalis, But yeah, I'm very much in on this concept 110%

Did you want us to go ahead and make up our own Charaacter Sheets or, did you want to do more progress on your own RP concept first?

#13 Miria

Miria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Well everything is fleshed out piece by piece. I'm gonna post it all today in the OOC section. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users