#41 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,954 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 October 2018 - 01:51 PM

no no no, wb didnt want to wage a war, he wanted a brief battle. what you are doing is a war. or it is the start of a war......read up on ww1 this is how it started.

WWI started with a large, one-month diplomatic crisis and an ultimatum.

How is that in any shape or form similar to a sneak attack?

• Luffy_PK likes this

#42 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:23 AM

So much left out and so much planned out.

We're still too early in the arc to see where this is going, but right now I would say that Oda has a very rare chance of making one of the most famous arcs of manga.

The plot lines are all ready, whoever is the princess, whoever joins the fray, all that, if Oda plays this out well, it'll be a masterpiece.

Of course, it is way more likely and easy to just mess it up. But hey, let's believe in Goda.

Also, I read somewhere in this thread the mention to Zoro's father. I never new Zoro's dad was a mystery or that it needed to be one...

• KUROkami and Mr Love like this

#43 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 11:04 AM

WW1 actually started with Germany's declaration of war to Russia and France and attack on neutral Belgium. A-U vs Serbia would be local conflict, but that was just pretext for Germany's war for colonies.

#44 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 07 October 2018 - 11:28 AM

So much left out and so much planned out.

We're still too early in the arc to see where this is going, but right now I would say that Oda has a very rare chance of making one of the most famous arcs of manga.
The plot lines are all ready, whoever is the princess, whoever joins the fray, all that, if Oda plays this out well, it'll be a masterpiece.

Of course, it is way more likely and easy to just mess it up. But hey, let's believe in Goda.

Also, I read somewhere in this thread the mention to Zoro's father. I never new Zoro's dad was a mystery or that it needed to be one...

You’re right about that, it doesn’t need to be a mystery ..but will probably turn out to have some significance . I’m fine with either or if it’s done properly

#45 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,954 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:42 PM

WW1 actually started with Germany's declaration of war to Russia and France and attack on neutral Belgium. A-U vs Serbia would be local conflict, but that was just pretext for Germany's war for colonies.

The first declarations of war were Austria to Serbia, then Russia to Austria, then Germany to Russia. The July Crisis involved several European parties and wasn't local.

Not that it matters, but it's still not a sneak attack.

Edited by Oben, 07 October 2018 - 12:42 PM.

#46 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:34 PM

I like how Zoro still looks at it as the others getting lost and not him. One of the longest running gags in the series can still make me crack a smile, lol. Feel like if he is going on a ship he will end up where Oden or Kaidou are.

I'm also guessing that the reason much of Oden's backstory here was skipped over because it will be shown in flashbacks. So things like Orochi's rise to power and the reasons why Oden was ordered to be executed will be shown for sure. Probably more on how Oden fixed Kuri and met his wife and stuff too. I am surprised their plan is to go after Kaidou first. I thought for sure they would try and take out Oden in he first part of this arc (since Robin is trying to get close to him) and then Kaidou in the second. Things probably won't go as planned though.

It seems Oda fixed a potential issue with the time travel fruit. Only being able to travel forward in time eliminates a lot of things that I was thinking could be done with it, but it does kind of hint at Lady Toki possibly being from the Void Century. Although I wonder why she didn't go to the future with the others and only sent Momonosuke instead of her daughter too. Since it was 20 years ago I feel that we will obviously see her daughter again, why else mention her, who is now 20 probably, but I wonder why she wouldn't send herself and her daughter if she had the ability. Seems a bit weird. Maybe she somehow gave her daughter her fruit power? Still, if we see the daughter again she will probably be added to Luffy's princess harem, lol.

Also in that panel with Kaidou in the background we see what might be the designs of some of the other Calamities. Since Jack is one of them. They all look like massive people like Jack.

• Blackody and Tale like this

#47 Fiore Harvenheit

Fiore Harvenheit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:17 PM

Isn't Oden's hairstyle similar to Oven's?

To me it reminded me of Goemon's hair from the Ganbare Goemon game series.

Also at this point I'm waiting for Oda to introduce Oden's long lost brother Tonjiru and Oden's grandfather Shabu-Shabu.  :lolxg: 

#48 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,432 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:06 AM

WW1 started with the assassination of austrian arch duke franz ferdinand by some bosnian dude.

So..... one guy backed by a group of powerful allies assassinating the leader of another group of powerful allies..... ya you are right that is nothing like world war 1.......

The first declarations of war were Austria to Serbia, then Russia to Austria, then Germany to Russia. The July Crisis involved several European parties and wasn't local.
Not that it matters, but it's still not a sneak attack.

They were both assassinations, luffy assassinating kiadou is like some bosnian dude assassinating franz.
Luffy has his group of allies abd kiadou has his allies....or crew.... the only difference is luffy wont succeed in his assassinatiom attempt, but it is close enough.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users