Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,954 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:05 AM

Out on MS: https://readms.net/r...emia/201/5389/1

Edited by Oben, 04 October 2018 - 08:06 AM.

#2 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,439 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:12 AM

Well I have a fear of mushrooms now.

• Hooded Crow, Ajh77, YoWid and 2 others like this

#3 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,913 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 11:53 AM

So Mushroom does have offensive move. Good!

• Slimcoder likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#4 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,604 posts
  • LocationOne profile checks...Two profile checks...Three...

Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:02 PM

It was predictable that class A wouldn't win all the rounds, but I am glad that these fights are even, and not a roflstomp to hype the class B.

• Hooded Crow likes this

#5 YoWid

YoWid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:26 AM

Well I have a fear of mushrooms now.

Suppose it's filling up all your cavities (aural, nasal, anal, you name it), even if those shrooms be gone in 3 hours, I'd really love to see the implementation of this technique in a Seinen manga. 

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

#6 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:28 AM

I kinda predicted that mushroom girl's quirk could have poisonous effects. I was right, given the way she used it to take down Tokoyami by effecting his lungs with it.

Disappointed with the author hyping up Momo last chapter and all that came to nothing. Seeing as he couldn't even let Momo win her personal battle against Momo despite all of her best efforts in trying to lead her team to victory.

Aoyoma and Hakagure where also disapointing, they where just dead weight and liabilities to their team given their pathetic showing during this match.

#7 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 06:16 AM

Suppose it's filling up all your cavities (aural, nasal, anal, you name it), even if those shrooms be gone in 3 hours, I'd really love to see the implementation of this technique in a Seinen manga.

Read Dorohedoro
  • PunkHazard likes this

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#8 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:39 AM

I kinda predicted that mushroom girl's quirk could have poisonous effects. I was right, given the way she used it to take down Tokoyami by effecting his lungs with it.

Disappointed with the author hyping up Momo last chapter and all that came to nothing. Seeing as he couldn't even let Momo win her personal battle against Momo despite all of her best efforts in trying to lead her team to victory.

Aoyoma and Hakagure where also disapointing, they where just dead weight and liabilities to their team given their pathetic showing during this match.

I agree with Aoyama but I give some credit to Hagakure, she would have won against Manga if Momo had held her own against Kendo longer. However I do agree that she coule use her quirk better like sneaking up behind enemies and taking them down with locks for example.
  • Raiden likes this

17.jpg

#9 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:11 AM

I wonder when Horikoshi will give some character development to both Hakagure and Aoyama because they are honestly fodder. How did they get into Class A?

#10 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 01:41 PM

I wonder when Horikoshi will give some character development to both Hakagure and Aoyama because they are honestly fodder. How did they get into Class A?

I thought that Aoyoma already got some focus and development during Gentle's arc.
  • Fenrix likes this

#11 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,604 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 02:45 PM

Can Ashido get development for the love of god, Horihoshi said that he wanted to focus a little on characters like her, but couldn't because of priorities with the plot.

That was like 4 years ago.

• Madara D Dragon likes this

#12 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,954 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 October 2018 - 03:44 PM

Can Ashido get development for the love of god, Horihoshi said that he wanted to focus a little on characters like her, but couldn't because of priorities with the plot.

That was like 4 years ago.

She's in the round with Deku, so there's a chance that group the gets more attention than the others. It's the last one though.

• Raiden likes this

#13 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 08:54 PM

I thought that Aoyoma already got some focus and development during Gentle's arc.

Yeah, I guess that's true. But characters like him, Mineta, and invisible girl makes me wonder what plans he has for them because I cannot see how they can become heroes. If Hakagure could use her power similar to how Sue Storm from Fantastic 4 does or hell, even Violet from the Incredibles (lol), I'd probably take her more seriously. If Aoyama had the right tech to complement his quirk he'd be something but Mineta is a waste of space. 

#14 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,662 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 05 October 2018 - 11:54 PM

@Ajh77

Looks like you were right! Although Horikoshi just straight up made Class B effective haha.

• Ajh77 likes this

#15 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 07:59 AM

Yeah, I guess that's true. But characters like him, Mineta, and invisible girl makes me wonder what plans he has for them because I cannot see how they can become heroes. If Hakagure could use her power similar to how Sue Storm from Fantastic 4 does or hell, even Violet from the Incredibles (lol), I'd probably take her more seriously. If Aoyama had the right tech to complement his quirk he'd be something but Mineta is a waste of space. 

I get the feeling that people always rank characters and them being good heroes based on the destructive power of the quirk and ignore the fact that some quirks are more for support/backup. Like my boy Kouda for example, he can scout propably better than any of class A (useful for finding lost and injured civillians and hiding villains for example) and he's shown he can use birds as diversion but he is lacking in combat, mainly because his quirk simply isn't suited for it.

Mineta is obviously good at ensaring enemies and in 1v1, he might actually have decent chance against most class A students for example. I mean, if you can't move at all, how can you fight back?

I already stated my look on Hagakure and I'd like to add that this matchup was a bit unfair for her. Her invisibility was no use when enemy could just look for moving mutshroomsbatches.

With Aoyama I can't defend him well :/

• Raiden likes this

17.jpg

#16 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2018 - 02:35 PM

I feel like class B has to at least win one more match, but I can't really see which one they could win since I don't really see Todoroki, Bakugou or Deku losing. Dekus team seems to have the hardest match. Monoma is supposed to be pretty smart, even if he had to take the supplementary lessons. And they have Shinso.

But my bet would be on Bakugous team losing unless he can pull of some good teamplay. I think not one in the enemy team could beat him one on one, but teaming up could be a different game.

#17 Insane Soul

Insane Soul

A charming jerk

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,604 posts

Posted 06 October 2018 - 09:11 PM

She's in the round with Deku, so there's a chance that group the gets more attention than the others. It's the last one though.

I sure hope so.

Kind of sad Invisible girls quirk has no room for development, I was thinking along the lines of turning other things invincible... but the spotlight had to be this round and well...

#18 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,298 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 06 October 2018 - 10:39 PM

@Ajh77

Looks like you were right! Although Horikoshi just straight up made Class B effective haha.

Thanks, DEW!  I didn't get all the details right but the way it ended was on the money.

Yep, Class B is nothing to play with.  It was needed to really put them over and keep the tension in the matches going forward.

-

I was surprised by Shemage, Invisible Girl, and Momo.

Shemage being able to conjure mushrooms in throats like that is one heck of a trump card.  I mean, she just downed one of the top Class A students in a flash.  Given time, she is going to grow (no pun intended :P) into a formidable support hero. 

Invisible Girl was going to take out Comic by herself by using melee.  She would have got it done if Kendo didn't get there too.  I didn't expect that from her. 

I expected Momo to get caught up in Kendo's pace, but it seems she was thinking of her team all the way to the end.  That was her best option since her team only failed because of a lack of execution.  Toko should have knocked out Shemage and Invisible Girl could have downed Comic.  That would have meant a 2v1 of Toko and Invisible Girl up against Kendo and they (Toko alone could take her) would have won.

As for what was unsurprising, Aoyama was completely useless.  It didn't cross his mind to, you know, fire off a few lasers or anything?  Just yell for help as he gets dragged to the cage?  Sounds about right though.

As an aside, I felt that last bit with Momo was too on the nose.  It felt like Horikoshi was nudging me in the ribs saying, "Isn't Momo great?!  Isn't she!!?".  I already see what you're trying to do and while I think Momo did good overall, Kendo's bit about not really feeling like she won was unnecessary.  

• DaEvilWithin, Oben, Raiden and 1 other like this

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#19 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,662 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:02 PM

As an aside, I felt that last bit with Momo was too on the nose.  It felt like Horikoshi was nudging me in the ribs saying, "Isn't Momo great?!  Isn't she!!?".  I already see what you're trying to do and while I think Momo did good overall, Kendo's bit about not really feeling like she won was unnecessary.

Bolded definitely bothered me as well. I was fine with the extra Momo reinforcement because she's been taking L's, but Kendo played that almost flawlessly.
  • Ajh77 likes this

#20 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:46 PM

Yeah, I agree with the idea that Kendou saying she didn't feel like she won was a bit much. It was a very close and even battle, but I think they won it fairly. I guess maybe they felt that using the mushroom girl's last attack was a bit of a cheap move? I dunno. Probably trying to have Momo save a little face given she hasn't had a great deal of success in battles.

I thought she did well here, as well as her team, but she does have a habit of losing. She did get kind of screwed with Class A winning the first battle. Since if she won, and they wanted to keep the Class A and B wins even, then both Todoroki and Bakugo would have to lose as well before the 5th battle and I didn't see that happening.

I did like the little panel with Monoma where he said how dangerous mushroom girl was and that they needed to knock her out as a precaution earlier. His over the top reaction to their win next chapter should be fun, haha. Still, overall I thought both teams have had good showing and that has been the case for both group battles for the most part. I'm really excited to see more of these kind of chess-like matches between the two classes.

• Ajh77 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users