#21 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:13 PM

Bolded definitely bothered me as well. I was fine with the extra Momo reinforcement because she's been taking L's, but Kendo played that almost flawlessly.

Exactly.

They were dancing in Kendo's hand (no pun intended :P) all the way to the point of separation.  I could understand that comment, if say, Kendo knocked out Momo but Momo had completely immobilized her.  She wouldn't have been able to do a thing to assist her team and that could have been a blow of sorts to her (especially if her team ended up losing).  However, Kendo not only kept going after being tied up and having to drag Momo around, but she even managed to take out another person.

So, to sum it up, Kendo created the plan that was key to her team's success, knocked out the leader of the enemy team by herself, and saved her ally/took out someone else on the opponent's team while being considerably hampered.  On top of all that, not a single person on her team got put in the cage.

I mean, come on lol.

Yeah, I agree with the idea that Kendou saying she didn't feel like she won was a bit much. It was a very close and even battle, but I think they won it fairly. I guess maybe they felt that using the mushroom girl's last attack was a bit of a cheap move? I dunno. Probably trying to have Momo save a little face given she hasn't had a great deal of success in battles.

I thought she did well here, as well as her team, but she does have a habit of losing. She did get kind of screwed with Class A winning the first battle. Since if she won, and they wanted to keep the Class A and B wins even, then both Todoroki and Bakugo would have to lose as well before the 5th battle and I didn't see that happening.

I did like the little panel with Monoma where he said how dangerous mushroom girl was and that they needed to knock her out as a precaution earlier. His over the top reaction to their win next chapter should be fun, haha. Still, overall I thought both teams have had good showing and that has been the case for both group battles for the most part. I'm really excited to see more of these kind of chess-like matches between the two classes.

Mhm, I figured Momo would have been able to do more in her 1v1 but what happened makes sense too.  Hand to hand (no pun intended :P) is Kendo's strength and it shows that Momo really prioritizes her team over herself.  Maybe she could have defeated Kendo if she actually tried but I like what she chose to do.

I'm looking forward to Monoma too.  I can't wait for his antics and copying.  He has 7 different abilities to choose from, so it should be good.  His OFA copy should bring about some interesting results!

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#22 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:28 PM

Exactly.

They were dancing in Kendo's hand (no pun intended :P) all the way to the point of separation. I could understand that comment, if say, Kendo knocked out Momo but Momo had completely immobilized her. She wouldn't have been able to do a thing to assist her team and that could have been a blow of sorts to her (especially if her team ended up losing). However, Kendo not only kept going after being tied up and having to drag Momo around, but she even managed to take out another person.

So, to sum it up, Kendo created the plan that was key to her team's success, knocked out the leader of the enemy team by herself, and saved her ally/took out someone else on the opponent's team while being considerably hampered. On top of all that, not a single person on her team got put in the cage.

I mean, come on lol.

Kendo BEST GIRL SINCE 2014!

But my perspective is different. It's easy to say with hindsight but like Kizaru the GOAT said, a moment of miss-step determines the winner. I think the point is team Kendo won but in terms of their individual abilities (which is what she's concerned with when comparing her and Momo anw) Kendo vs Momo is without a clear winner because they both contributed greatly to the team and frankly they each did the best they could. It's the teammates' performances that were the final touch.

If Tokoyami didn't slip and really knocked out Mushroom girl first then Kendo would be in HUGE trouble since in that state she most likely can't handle Tokoyami at all. Invisible girl could have escaped her grab and team Momo would have probably won. And by then your post-match analysis wouldn't be Kendo did so great but it would be ''Momo created the plan that was key to her team's success, assisting her team even when being separated from main battlefield, and managed to greatly hinder the enemy's leader who has clear advantage in h2h combat.  On top of all that, she has to have a handicap namely useless Aoyama to begin with'' LOL

That underestimation of mushroom girl changed the whole outcome. Kendo didn't get a clear superiority is what she meant, IMO.

• Raiden and Ajh77 like this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users