Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:13 PM

https://www.crunchyr...asons/fall-2018

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season

It's the last season of the year so let's hope it's a good one. What is everybody watching this season? What do you think will be AOTS?

Sorry for the late thread, I fractured my hand so I'm living that Shanks life until my cast comes off...It really sucks

• ArSoNiSt JoE, Tokoya and Fulmine like this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#2 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,200 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:06 PM

I'm back on the grind again, so I'm watching like 29 or 30 shows lol and as for the potential AOTS, we got Goblin Slayer which has a hell of a lot of hype so right now my bet is on that

• ArSoNiSt JoE and Goddess Nike like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#3 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,160 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 05:55 AM

Yeah, I'm curious about Goblin Slayer, too. The title and being made by White Fox spark interest.

Sorry for the late thread, I fractured my hand so I'm living that Shanks life until my cast comes off...It really sucks

But still making thread...I guess Oda isn't wrong that that doesn't reduce your strength at all.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#4 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,875 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:02 AM

Goblin Slayer is great.

Also watch Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken and Toaru Majutsu no Index III. Season 3 HYPE FOR INDEX.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#5 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:25 PM

Slime datta ken, if it goes far enough in the story will probably have one of the best or at least most epic/satisfying fights this season. So very very hyped for it. Probably not even gonna watch any until it finishes so I can binge it at once.

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#6 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:53 PM

Jojo
  • Tokoya likes this

#7 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,200 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:23 PM

Slime datta ken, if it goes far enough in the story will probably have one of the best or at least most epic/satisfying fights this season. So very very hyped for it. Probably not even gonna watch any until it finishes so I can binge it at once.

This show actually surprised the hell out of me because of how good it is

Standouts for me right now are Bunny Girl and Zombieland Saga (Highly recommend that everyone watches the first episode of this blind) though and SAO started off great with that 1 hour episode too

Edited by Tokoya, 10 October 2018 - 04:25 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#8 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:46 PM

Oh wow, forget what I might have said. I'm actively disappointed at KonoButa after episode 2.

Assuming Castlevania S2 doesn't count, I guess my bets are on... Goblin Slayer, I'd say. It could easily be Jojo, although part 5 is actually one of the weaker parts. Of course, it might not be as bad as I remember. It's been a long time.

Edited by Athos, 10 October 2018 - 05:46 PM.

samisig.jpg

#9 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:23 PM

I'm back on the grind again, so I'm watching like 29 or 30 shows lol and as for the potential AOTS, we got Goblin Slayer which has a hell of a lot of hype so right now my bet is on that

Yeah, I'm curious about Goblin Slayer, too. The title and being made by White Fox spark interest.

But still making thread...I guess Oda isn't wrong that that doesn't reduce your strength at all.

I assume you haven't read the manga or LN? Well it's amazing, it only gets better as the story goes along.

• Tokoya likes this

#10 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,245 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:46 PM

Good luck with the hand! 

Watching Goblin Slayer too. The first episode was pretty great and makes me eager to see more.

Jojo looks like it will once again be exceptional, of course. I mean, come on. 

I've watched the first two episodes about the slime as well. Looks incredibly fun. 

Haven't started Toaru Majutsu yet, though I'll probably watch it. 

And I tried Fairy Tail, which was quite a disappointment. 

• Goddess Nike likes this

#11 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:16 PM

Admittedly I haven't watched much this season but so far Bunny Girl Senpai and Zombieland Saga have stood out to me as my favorites. For the former it's the chemistry between the main couple and for the latter it's the genre bending humor. I might start Goblin Slayer since most in this thread seem to be fans of it.

Good luck with the hand!

Thanks I'm actually okay right now; the bone has healed and the cast has been off for over a week already. I just have to continue to rehab the hand to regain the strength that was loss due to muscle atrophy as a result of being in a cast for weeks but I think I'll be back at 100% by next week (hopefully).

Also Happy Birthday :party2:

• Kid Frost likes this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#12 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:12 AM

So I was getting anxious at possibly missing out on the anime just because the manga was better, and I took some time off to read the first Bunny Girl novel to see exactly how good or bad an adaptation it is. It's the usual. Some inner monologue and interactions were left out, conversations were abridged. Only something as crazy as Bakemonogatari would've even tried to keep absolutely all the banter, so I'm sad, but I'm not that mad. The novel translation is even kind of iffy at places, so yeah. All things considered, I decided I'll keep watching the anime. If nothing else, it puts a lot of heart into the important episodes.

I tried SSSGridman. It is kind of amazing. It's also ridiculously suggestive, which makes it even better, to be honest.

Oh wow, did Goblin Slayer become a thing. It's honestly not as great as the manga, and not nearly as violent as the novel. I get what all the fuzz is about, but I find it silly. If I have one complaint, it's probably Lizard Dude, who looks kind of lame compared to the manga. He's supposed to be this unexpectedly articulate feral beast, but they kind of turned him into an ordinary tall priest with a tail. I also don't like his voice. Or his face. ...I just plain don't like him all-around. The show is ok so far.

I gave up on Zombieland by episode 4. I think I should quit now and remember it as that one crazy show with ****** *******.

And then there's Jojo, which is not as terrible as I used to think it is-- I changed my mind not long before the anime started. There will be stuff to complain about, but so far it's pretty great. I'm glad the Jojo train is going strong.

Edited by Athos, 20 November 2018 - 04:36 AM.

samisig.jpg

#13 Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 04:58 PM

It hasn't been officially stated in the show but was the audition that Sakura was going to when she was hit by a truck in Episode one to take the place of Ai after she was struck by lightning? Are we supposed to believe that it's a coincidence that they died the same year and that Sakura was watching Ai's idol group right before she died?

#14 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:16 PM

It hasn't been officially stated in the show but was the audition that Sakura was going to when she was hit by a truck in Episode one to take the place of Ai after she was struck by lightning? Are we supposed to believe that it's a coincidence that they died the same year and that Sakura was watching Ai's idol group right before she died?

That's what I had thought as well but even though they died in the same year, Sakura apparently died a few months before Ai did so it's impossible she was heading to replace her as Ai should've still be alive during that scene in episode one. Still there's definitely something up with that part of the story but I can't yet tell where they're going to go with it.
Speaking of ZLS I was not at all prepared for the feels in episode eight :cry:

Edited by Kid Frost, 02 December 2018 - 09:12 AM.

• Tokoya and Fallen Angel like this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime Updated

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#15 Metal Heart

Metal Heart

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts
  • LocationCosmere

User's Awards

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:45 PM

Jojo is still the best thing ever.

Karakuri Circus is so insane and over the top and full of style and I just love it.

I don't even know why I gave Bunny Girl Senpai a chance to begin with as it doesn't look like something I'd enjoy at all, but it's pretty good. I like the atmosphere, the characters are fun, I like it.

Zombieland Saga is funny, but I don't really care for it when it's not being funny. I don't really like the characters or the idol stuff so... eh.

Thank you for taking the time to read this signature. This signature loves you.

If anyone is in the mood for some Smash Bros 3DS my friend code is 1118-0339-4355.

Spoiler I am writing stuff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users