https://www.mangatai...ro-academia-202

#2 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 02:46 AM

Hero name, real name and nickname: there is only WAH-chan and nothing else.

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#3 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,008 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 October 2018 - 05:27 AM

So, what are the odds on Touya being Dabi? It might just be a red herring, but it's getting teased really hard now.

• Raiden likes this

#4 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,158 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:08 AM

Eh, just because they told you their secret doesn't mean they have to keep updating you on it though...unless you blackmail them LOL

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#5 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:10 AM

So, what are the odds on Touya being Dabi? It might just be a red herring, but it's getting teased really hard now.

Right now I'd give it a 9/10 chance. The last 1/10 is in case we are introduced to Touya.

#6 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:23 AM

Wow, didn't realize how stacked Todoroki's team is. They're all mid to strong tier characters overall so I'm looking forward to this match.

Also, never thought of Todoroki and Tokoyami as being seen as reps of Endeavor and Hawks, but damn it makes sense how they would be as they've trained under the #1 and #2 hero respectively. 

Dabi is almost confirmed of being the last Todoroki, so wonder if maybe we can get some flashbacks of him as Touya. I can't remember if Todoroki ever actually got to meet him though as kids or maybe he was separated from his siblings too early enough to remember.

Don't know if anything is happening with Horikoshi's health so won't complain about the short chapter. He was still able to tell the story properly to raise anticipation for the next match~

#7 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:45 PM

The chapter made it clear that this battle will be more head to head overall, and I think the match will ultimately be decided by a final head to head clash in some shape or form, but I think sly tactics will be what makes or breaks the teams too.  That is why I think Shoji shouldn't be underestimated here.  I get the feeling he will be a key to Team Todo's victory.  Obviously, Ilda and Todo will have their moment(s) given their focus this chapter, but I think that is setting up Shoji to come in and catch some by surprise.  Ojiro will just be used to put over Team B lol.

Instead of copying Endev's Prominence Burn, I think Todo will go in the opposite direction and have an ice attack that is as cold as he can possibly make it.  To keep from getting too cold, he can create a shield or dome of flame around himself (and his team).  It would be a good way to show the improvement of his Quirk (using both ice and fire simultaneously for a big attack and making his ice colder) plus it would set him apart from Endev by using his fire for defense/protection rather than offense/destruction.  It would be a good symbolic way to take the traumatic roots of his fire side and repurpose them for the benefit of himself and allies.  He clearly prefers using his ice and is more comfortable with it, so it makes sense for his big moves to be centered around ice.  Maybe the attack could be called 'Deep Zero' or something like that. 

Shemage being concerned for Toko was cute and I like Toko mentioning to Todo that they essentially represent the top 2 heroes. 

And I don't know what to think about this Dabi/Touya thing.  I almost feel like Hori is making it so obvious on purpose just to trick people into thinking it isn't the case. :P

Edited by Ajh77, 12 October 2018 - 09:28 PM.

• Tokoya, Raiden, Fenrix and 1 other like this

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#8 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:14 PM

Good chapter, hopefully Shoto and Iida should demolish their class B opponents with ease. I doubt if their opponents can deal with Shoto's ranged attacks and/or Iida speed blitzing them.

Anyways, it looks the chances of Touya possibly being Dabi are pretty high. If Touya ain't Dabi, it sure as beats me why the author hasn't chosen to reveal Tout a for whatever reason if that was the case.

I see Endeavour abusing Shoto yet again:

https://www.mangapan...-academia/202/7

It beats me why some people like this child and wife beating asshole. I sure as hell will never like the guy.

#9 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:26 PM

It's not really -again-. It's a flashback, where we knew he was a difficult teacher.

#10 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,934 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:45 PM

It's not really -again-. It's a flashback, where we knew he was a difficult teacher.

Yes it is abuse, you're just making excuses for Endeavour's disgusting behaviour.

Last time I checked verbal abuse is still a form of abuse - which exactly was Endeavour doing to his kid - regardless of how you slice it.

#11 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:49 AM

Yes it is abuse, you're just making excuses for Endeavour's disgusting behaviour.

Last time I checked verbal abuse is still a form of abuse - which exactly was Endeavour doing to his kid - regardless of how you slice it.

You did read the last arc right? Ya know the one that was about Endeavor coming to terms with what a horrible person he is and resolving to make up for all the abuse he's inflicted on his family almost being beaten to death in a ferocious battle to save a city? 

The arc that also showed that he will not earn his families forgiveness so easily as both his sons Natsu & Shouto have stated that no matter what they still despise him and that no matter how much he works to make up for all the abuse it doesn't change the fact that it all happened and so he has to live with it forever. Something that he accepts wholeheartedly, which will always haunt him as he makes a genuine apology to his family. 

That's why people like him, he has realized what an asshole he was and will do whatever it takes to make it up for his family, and so its not a cop-out he has to work HARD at it. That's why people like him, he has stepped onto the path of redemption despite all odds and genuinely wants to atone for the mistakes he's made towards his family.

Edited by Slimcoder, 16 October 2018 - 04:49 AM.

• Raiden, Ajh77, Five-Tailed-Fenrir and 1 other like this

#12 Five-Tailed-Fenrir

Five-Tailed-Fenrir

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • LocationFloating aimlessly.

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:09 AM

I.. don't really think Chillman was trying to 'excuse' his behavior, but more that your phrasing of this makes it seem like it's a recent act or that it's been newly done. Considering we know Endeavors faulty mannerisms, it's doubtful we're getting that specific flashback to put emphasis on how abusive he was/more abuse but instead, what he was pushing Todoroki towards.

Personally, I don't like Endeavor but I am enjoying how the author is kind of using him as the medium of a person who wants to achieve his goal(s) through any means, his family being that 'means'. He doesn't seem intrinsically bad/evil, but more that his desires have warped him. I can't see myself being enamored with him but he is an interesting 'vehicle' for a few things in the story thus far (coupled with the fact that, imo, I can see him getting killed sometime in the future), so I'm here to see what other changes his character will go through.

• Raiden, Ajh77, Madara D Dragon and 2 others like this

#13 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:12 PM

You're misreading what I'm saying.

I.. don't really think Chillman was trying to 'excuse' his behavior, but more that your phrasing of this makes it seem like it's a recent act or that it's been newly done. Considering we know Endeavors faulty mannerisms, it's doubtful we're getting that specific flashback to put emphasis on how abusive he was/more abuse but instead, what he was pushing Todoroki towards.

This person explains it better.

• Slimcoder likes this

#14 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:31 AM

You did read the last arc right? Ya know the one that was about Endeavor coming to terms with what a horrible person he is and resolving to make up for all the abuse he's inflicted on his family almost being beaten to death in a ferocious battle to save a city?

The arc that also showed that he will not earn his families forgiveness so easily as both his sons Natsu & Shouto have stated that no matter what they still despise him and that no matter how much he works to make up for all the abuse it doesn't change the fact that it all happened and so he has to live with it forever. Something that he accepts wholeheartedly, which will always haunt him as he makes a genuine apology to his family.

That's why people like him, he has realized what an asshole he was and will do whatever it takes to make it up for his family, and so its not a cop-out he has to work HARD at it. That's why people like him, he has stepped onto the path of redemption despite all odds and genuinely wants to atone for the mistakes he's made towards his family.

All the things you said dont take out the fact @Baks doesnt feel like that (or anything aparently) is enough to redeem this guy and thus doesnt understand how people can "like him".

Although I want to clarify to you (Baks) what Slimcoder said in the last paragraph: "that's why people like him". I need to specify that I feel like a lot of people (myself included) like him AS A CHARACTER. As in, I dont like him as a person at all, I would hardly ever feel good towards a guy like that in real life (although I DO feel forgiving him or not should be his kid's thing and you or me wouldnt be anyone to talk about forgiving him, not for saying he deserves nor for saying he doesnt. Its up for the affected to forgive or not, but that's another thing). But I DO like him as a character. The same way you can like a villain even if their actions or ideals are ruthless.

I like how he isn't a simple blavk or white character. The easy to write abusive father is too much of a cliche and doesnt bring anything to a story nowadays more than all the things we've already seen thoudands of times. On the other hand, it would be a common shounen thing to later on discover that all the aparently abusive things done by him were all for the kid's better somehow, which is another stupid basic cliche. Jumping from black and white all the time. On the other hand, here you have an abusive dad that recognizes his abuse and knows it's wrong and regrets it. But yet his sons dont forgive him. And he still is ready to keep on going his way and see if it can be changed. It might not make him a good person, but it makes him better than the regular BAD GUY abusive dad, and (my main point) it makes him an amazingly better character, with more depth, realism and charisma. As a character.

And I feel like most of the people who are arguing against you about Endeavour arent saying you should think he is a good guy. But that he is a good character. And that it is better than nothing. And specially that the redeeming is something you or I shouldnt judge in real life as its up to the affected. And Endeavour is actually accepting that in the manga. That its not smth that HE can do but his kid's choice. Which is the first step.

Regardless of our diferences towards this character, I just hope your (completely understandable and respectable btw) hate towards someone who has done that doesnt blind you from seeing how good of a character he is (as in well written)
  • Raiden, Five-Tailed-Fenrir, Chillman and 1 other like this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#15 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:42 PM

I like the idea of Endev chasing after what he may never obtain.  I want to see him work extremely hard to make up for what he did and still fail in the end. 

• Raiden, Five-Tailed-Fenrir, Madara D Dragon and 2 others like this

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#16 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:40 PM

I like the idea of Endev chasing after what he may never obtain. I want to see him work extremely hard to make up for what he did and still fail in the end.

I'd honestly like to see him succeed. Mainly because I have no fucking idea how that could be made acceptable and without disagreeing with the reason to be forgiven. Like... I feel like he shouldnt. And as I have absolutely no idea how it could be done for me to accept it, I would love for Horikoshi to achieve that and blow my mind with it.

And if as I said it's not possible your option would be the best. For him to die wanting to prove his point and wanting forgiveness but not achieving it. Or maybe getting his kids to aknowledge him for trying it so hard even though they still cannot forgive him (which would be the closest to forgiveness I could see hapening in normal conditions). Whatever happens, I trust horikoshi so I bet I will be happy with the final outcome.
  • Slimcoder likes this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#17 JDG973

JDG973

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • LocationOn the Horizon....

Posted 18 October 2018 - 11:46 PM

I like the idea of Endev chasing after what he may never obtain. I want to see him work extremely hard to make up for what he did and still fail in the end.

That's basically been the situation for the character since the beginning, it just now switched from truly surpassing All Might(which he failed at since All Might is now in a sorta matyr like position since he lost OFA), to making it up to his family.

Edited by JDG973, 18 October 2018 - 11:48 PM.

• Chillman likes this

mpGgikj.jpg

"...Enlightened people are and the rest are becoming. I'm becoming. I'm somewhere between violence and tranquility, or violence and something yet to be decided."

- Vic Sage

Spoiler *Under Construction*

#18 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,975 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 25 October 2018 - 01:08 AM

Todoroki's team does look super over powered. So much so that I really wonder if they are being set up to fail, but as much as I think about it I really don't know how they will lose here. I don't really see any of the Class B students being able to really beat them in a straight up conflict. Like it seems the plan is just to confront each other head on with one team trying to over power the other, and in that case team A feels like the clear winner here. Still looking forward to seeing Class B's quirks in more detail here though. I did forget that Pony is supposed to be American and the scene with Juzo trying to be reasonable and then TetsuTetsu wrecking everything was pretty funny.

Also seems they are setting up Shinso and Deku's fight revealing something else about One for All when he tries to control Deku with his quirk. As for Touya/Dabi theory it seems like it has been mostly confirmed. Maybe the author isn't really trying to hide it or make it a big surprise and is just slowly revealing it rather than trying to do this big twist thing with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users