88 replies to this topic

#21 Hurley Pirates

Hurley Pirates

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationSuzuran High

Posted 19 October 2018 - 07:46 AM

Still holding out hope that Kaido is a Chimera and he uses a dragon form to manipulate the Samurai of Wano lol

His epithet is stlll Hundred Beast Kaido no?

Mythical Beast Zoan: Dragon is dope tho. Wonder if he can breathe fire and grant wishes lmao

• Asian Dragons, typically portrayed as long, scaled, serpentine creatures with four legs. Traditionally they symbolize potent and auspicious powers, particularly control over water, rainfall, hurricane, and floods, and are also a symbols of power, strength, and good luck. They have also extended range of supernatural powers, changing size or form (most are able to take human shape), fly among the clouds or hide in water, form clouds, turn into water, change color as an ability to blend in with their surroundings as an effective form of camouflage or glow in the dark.

• YoWid likes this

The Blonde Squad:

Spoiler

#22 DearMe

DearMe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationAdmiring Nyanko~~~

Posted 19 October 2018 - 09:33 AM

Still holding out hope that Kaido is a Chimera and he uses a dragon form to manipulate the Samurai of Wano lol

Mythical Beast Zoan: Dragon is dope tho. Wonder if he can breathe fire and grant wishes lmao

• Asian Dragons, typically portrayed as long, scaled, serpentine creatures with four legs. Traditionally they symbolize potent and auspicious powers, particularly control over water, rainfall, hurricane, and floods, and are also a symbols of power, strength, and good luck. They have also extended range of supernatural powers, changing size or form (most are able to take human shape), fly among the clouds or hide in water, form clouds, turn into water, change color as an ability to blend in with their surroundings as an effective form of camouflage or glow in the dark.

Chimera is from Greek mythology.. Doubt Oda used that as a reference in Japanese arc.

• Chillman likes this

#23 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:23 AM

But how is Kaidou's form any less fearsome than a bunch of snake/basilisk monsters in Western mythology?

Plus the Western Dragon is already shown and fodderized in Punk Hazard. Clearly Oda hates them haha.

Chinese style also makes them more versatile.

Well to me western dragons are simply far ahead than any snake/basilisk i know of is. Problem i have is snakes maybe simply too common for me as to fear them like i would a dragon, and kaidous dragon form simply reminds me to be more snake than dragon like :shrug: . I really dont remember much from dragon mythology, but i clearly remember that most western dragons where depicted as either extremely wise or extremely vicious, sometimes both at the same time. Moreover i find sharp scales/bones on the back more frightening than the continueation of hair/beared.....

U may have a point.

Dont know do chinese dragons produce flames, have forseight, r the sea/god of sea, also not sure whether i remember correctly but was the western dragon not sometimes connected to circle of rebirth?

Quick annotation btw i just realised that western/eastern might be a bit misleading since for me eastern dragon is solely connected to chinese/japanese dragons, not i.e. arabian/persian/indian ones,they to me are one with western ones, just to clarify. 

In generel to me the eastern dragon simply aint frigthening, Shenlong (Dragon of Dragonball, whatever its name was) ruined that for me.

#24 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:11 AM

<p>

this definition is interesting. I wonder if he’ll be able to change his size and form beside just his hybrid form. And i really hopes he cant control the weather. BM already has that covered

#25 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:36 AM

Average chapter. Too much exposition and Oda is trying too hard to make us like Kinemon with the ladies. I am more interested about Zoro being lost and getting into rouble...

The covers were the best parts of the chapter. Luffy and Zoro look really cool. Oda should experiment these kinds of color spreads  more often and try to put other characters like the Admirals, CP9, the good marines, the kuja pirates instead of the recent boring cover stories...

Nami is the queen of One Piece confirmed :2howgeg: .I am happy that Oda has not forgotten Tashigi  and I think its actually the first time she is on a color spread... I wish he would give more love to Marguerite as well.

• Shichibukai Ace likes this

#26 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 19 October 2018 - 11:53 AM

Ashura Douji, I guess.

If Ashura Douji is this strong (he may end up being weaker than Jack since Jack's thing is most likely durability and stamina. Like I always say about badly injured DD vs G4, tanking to win is still winning) then I guess Oden is no slouch. Oden was on Roger's ship so maybe he was also one of the top fighters of Roger pirates. Maybe the 5th strongest guy.

wait why u say Ashura Douji? The name was different but it’s possible thats a alias but why Ashura Douji specifically? Wat about the other 2?

And as soon as I heard Oden was a samurai and on rogers ship i assumed he was the 3rd-4th strongest. My question is if Oden was such a prominent member of rogers crew how come the government didnt attack wano and get rid of anything that had to do with him wen Roger died.

So what did Kaidou owe BM? Did she teach him how to use his DF and control weather? :lol:

I'm now half-confident that Wano arc would be post-TS version of Ennies Lobby+Thriller Bark. EL because of Zoan and TB because...for the first time a full-Zoan form looks really strong and might be better than Hybrid form and it's too big so Luffy and other Supernova will have to team-up (which we already expect albeit for a different reason: power level) to fight it like the way the SHs did to Oars. Plus Moria might show up given his past rivalry vs Kaidou and we might see NightmareG4Luffy dealing the final blow to Kaidou LOL.
I can't see how Oda can draw a good fight with Luffy being so small in comparison.

Or Oda will do something like like Kaidou's hybrid form is actually stronger or Kaidou is too arrogant to use full-strength vs Luffy.

I frankly hope the outcome of this arc is only Kaidou being driven out of Wano for team Momo to reign again and not that Kaidou is defeated for good. BB should be the first Emperor Luffy truly defeats. Leave BM and Kaidou to Marines.

lol i figured Oda would draw the fight kind of how he drew nightmare Luffy vs Oars. Since Gear 4th luffy is about the size of nightmare luffy. That fight was pretty cool despite the size difference.

And i kind of wanted BB to be the last yonkou luffy defeats. So wen he beats him it wont jus seem like it came out of nowhere from the point of view of the rest of the world. I figure Luffy and friends defeat kaido together. Then liffy defeats all the others by himself

#27 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 01:07 PM

and kaidous dragon form simply reminds me to be more snake than dragon like :shrug:

Chinese dragon is also dragon so they are not less dragon-like than anything...

And by that logic a tiger is like a cat so suddenly tiger is like a pet?

but i clearly remember that most western dragons where depicted as either extremely wise or extremely vicious, sometimes both at the same time.

Chinese dragons can be the same. They are literally among the top of the animals, ruling ocean and stuffs and symbolism of the emperor.

Besides how they are depicted in mythology is not important when the character is Kaidou. So you only get Kaidou's brain :lol:

Moreover i find sharp scales/bones on the back more frightening than the continueation of hair/beared.....

Chinese dragon has scales, too. They also have horns and claws...as well as long body to do other moves like snakes.

Dont know do chinese dragons produce flames, have forseight, r the sea/god of sea

Yep. Also wind, rain/water, lightning, controlling weather basically (what BM does, but on much larger scale). Plus transformation, long-life, powerful physicality and flying just like western dragons. Other than that it depends on the specific stories. For example in One Piece clearly they can't swim if it's a DF. On the other hand if Kaidou has no DF and is literally a pure dragon with human shape-shift ability then he can reign on any terrain.

for me eastern dragon is solely connected to chinese/japanese dragons

And they are not any less powerful and scary than the western ones you're talking about. And again, Kaidou is the guy here so the personality would be his, really. And he's scary, at least to Jack LOL

Shenlong (Dragon of Dragonball, whatever its name was) ruined that for me

Shenlong is just Dragon Ball version. It's not anywhere near representative of the Chinese dragon besides appearance. Most Chinese fantasy novels now on Internet always portray dragon as super powerful, at least as a standard. Individual characters may vary.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#28 Grove 29

Grove 29

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 04:46 PM

For example in One Piece clearly they can't swim if it's a DF. On the other hand if Kaidou has no DF and is literally a pure dragon with human shape-shift ability then he can reign on any terrain.

That's what bugs me. Kaidou wanted to die and apparently can't by drowning (if he has tried). "On land, sea and sky, he is the strongest creature". By One Piece logic he can't be a DF-user, since the drowning penalty would be too lame (Jack needed help to get back to the surface...that doesn't fit Kaidou, an Emperor). I wouldn't be happy with him not being a DF-user though. It feels kind of forced if only now Dragons were introduced as a species to OPverse. I'd rather him being a demon (new race). Somebody on this forum once described him as an "Oni", also because of the club he is wielding. Would also explain the horns in his "human" form (same as Oars/Oz). A demon would make him a creature and he could have eaten a mythical Zoan DF, model dragon. Maybe this DF is the exception, cause chinese dragons are water-based, which would give him the ability to swim. On the other hand, Momo can't swim, maybe because his DF is a smile? Or a demon/devil race doesn't have the DF-restriction at all since they are...devils.

In short, more questions than answers about "that thing". Love it  :) 

#29 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:11 PM

Shoutout to Shutenmaru!  He took me by surprise.  It seems Jack's greatest strength really is his unrelenting vitality.  He is obviously strong, but it is more his very high endurance that makes him so formidable.

Kaido looks ridiculous.  He could probably wipe out Luffy's alliance with a single tail swipe lol.  They'll need the Supernova alliance to even stand a remote chance of surviving.  I see Big Mom arriving and clashing with Kaido and that will allow the rest to escape.  There isn't any other (believable) way for Luffy and the others to succeed against Kaido in battle.

And uh, I mean, it was already pretty clear but Shanks must have Haki that is unbelievable.  

Edited by Ajh77, 20 October 2018 - 07:46 AM.

• Shichibukai Ace, Kazekage and YoWid like this

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#30 Luffy_PK

Luffy_PK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 08:13 PM

That's what bugs me. Kaidou wanted to die and apparently can't by drowning (if he has tried). "On land, sea and sky, he is the strongest creature". By One Piece logic he can't be a DF-user, since the drowning penalty would be too lame (Jack needed help to get back to the surface...that doesn't fit Kaidou, an Emperor). I wouldn't be happy with him not being a DF-user though. It feels kind of forced if only now Dragons were introduced as a species to OPverse. I'd rather him being a demon (new race). Somebody on this forum once described him as an "Oni", also because of the club he is wielding. Would also explain the horns in his "human" form (same as Oars/Oz). A demon would make him a creature and he could have eaten a mythical Zoan DF, model dragon. Maybe this DF is the exception, cause chinese dragons are water-based, which would give him the ability to swim. On the other hand, Momo can't swim, maybe because his DF is a smile? Or a demon/devil race doesn't have the DF-restriction at all since they are...devils.

In short, more questions than answers about "that thing". Love it :)

We don't know the extent of the powers of Mythical Zoan fruits, they seem to have unique properties and a Dragon fruit would naturally be very special, that could maybe even go as to remove the key weakness of normal DF fruit users. The fact that they're an anchor. We've already had fruits like BB's darkness and Marco's phoenix one that had unforseen properties. So it's not outside the realms of possibility....

#31 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:21 PM

I knew the chapter was out today..... just really didn't care..... i honestly have no burning desire what so ever to read this chapter.....

thank you for putting a shirt that says "pirate empress" on hancock, good lord the only difference between her and robin is really a slight change in her nose..... Oda is uniquely horrible at drawling different women. Hey i get it dont fix what isnt borken, the one model looks great works great, but if you want all men in the world to identify a single woman as the most beautiful..... maybe make her a little unique..... like the only woman in OP with blonde hair, or the only woman in OP with tattoos.... or the only woman in OP with highlights..... idk something unique aside from robin's everything with nami's nose. (also i know women in OP already have most of what i said covered, there are blonds and tattooed women....) here is my solution to the hancock problem.

1- the "lucy from fairy tail" approach, lucy was very confident in her looks despite the fact she looked like most of the other hot girls and none of the men drooled over her too much. So Oda can do that with hancock, have hancock just very over confident but none of the men in OP are overly attracted to her. her character would be nearly unchanged.

2- the "its all about attitude" approach- her attitude is shit currently, she has the attitude you would expect of the hottest woman in the world except she looks like a black haired older nami, give her a more "suggestive" attitude, men are attracted to that......some men are.....

3- wardrobe change- well this is self explanatory but give her better looking cloths. her first outfit was ok but......well...... oda isnt a good enough artist to really make that outfit......"pop"......i guess...... The only problem with this plan is that nami already wears a bikini as her clothing of choice......so unless Oda wants to put hancock some very unrealistic clothing this option is closed

4- and this is my favorite- learn how to draw better- I get it..... i wont pretend i don't...... there is a reason most women in manga have....... large breasts.... and the fact it attracts a younger male audience isn't even the main reason. it is easier to draw women in manga with a certain chest size. just basic art class, when drawling a woman's chest they ether have to be big enough to reach the edges of her figure or else the artist has to get better at shading and cant give the woman a man's hair cut or else the fans stop caring whet gender the character is....(example- look at AoT, is mikasa a woman? who knows!!!! is armin a woman? could be!!!! is.........that dude who ate the colossal titan a woman? idk but we saw his chest recently so i will say no!) so there you have it, Oda just needs to find a way to draw slightly larger breasts on Hancock (kubo can show him, kubo isnt working now right?). and by slightly larger i mean enough to make nami look like she is still in a training bra. is that a shallow reason for men to consider hancock the most beautiful woman in the world? idk shut up.

seriously this does bother me a little. when i saw alvida in the lead up to the ID arc and before the TS it was the shock of shocks. I thought for sure Oda was going to ignore her (silently remove her from the story) because she is literally hancock. and she isnt even hancock 2.0 because she was freaking first. long black hair, suggestive clothing choice, obsessed with her own beauty, constantly feeding off the attention she gets form being beautiful, hancock is a clone of alvida.

and i would forgive it all if this was some type of meta joke or gag that oda is doing with hancock, BUT IT ISN'T......

anti hancock rant over lets see with the arc that broke my appreciation for OP has to offer........

i mean...... you can pay your respects during a banquette i see no reason you should knock their ceremony...... oh is this still a knock on the food shortage thing? ya i still dont care about that, make more food morons, human civilization was not created by living in baron deserts hoping food will come to you, you need to find farming soil and build a civilization there....... god these people are stupid.....

or am i the stupid one for not realizing that wano is actually only the size of choclate town, and oda is doing what he did in DR and making us think it is 10 times larger then it actually is.

o-kiku is super-duper strong? considering all fuji got was a "you look strong"  that means that Luffy is not estimating okiku above admiral level based on the fact she cut jimbe's top knot off.......zoro who took down a small lizard must be PK level..... I know that luffy is more grounded, and he doesnt judge fodder vs strong by luffy's current level like us fans do.........but he kinda should..... or at least cool it on the hype...... o-kiku is competent at best...... unless we missed it and sometime off screen o-kiku one shot hawkins and zoro with a flying slash.

"the citizens of wano will understand this message" you mean...... only the good citizens? did all you guys get together and deiced that the moon was the symbol of your rebellion? or is this like a wano country thing? because if it was just something you invented like 5 days ago that is really lame, just say look for the moons dont pretend like it is some meaningful symbol. If it is some meaningful symbol this idea is suicide someone will have to notice these cards being handed out and call kiadou......

no dont make franky obtain blue prints he has a really bad track record of holding on to blue prints.

yep and sanji the pirate knows what a gesha is....... these nonstop Japanese references make ZERO sense in this damn manga. Isnt wano supposed to be this secret hidden away island that no one ever goes to? it is. so where are these Japanese references coming from?

1- are these really old customs in the OP world? it is possible that in OP hundreds of years ago these Japanese references were the norm, and wano just froze themselves in time at that point. if that is the case why would luffy be practicing sumo and why would sanji be attracted to gesha? those would be anicent relics of the past, you don't see us craving for women these days to dress up in ancient roman fashion..... if these are really old OP customs how did they persist to this day in wano? just 50 years ago our culture looked very different.......... 

2- are these wano customs that the rest of the OP world knows about? then how on earth are they so popular? IRL there is a secluded island of tribesmen who still throw spars and have zero technology, you don't see people begging to learn their ancient combat sports...... more importantly why does the rest of the world even know about these customs? I know that pirates have been there like roger and ace. but are those pirates really the type of people who will now go to the east blue and teach sumo to children? is that what shanks was doing in east blue, bringing the culture of wano to windmill village?

and most importantly, even if these are really old OP customs that wano froze in time, or if they are wano customs that everyone knows about some how. why would luffy and sanji care so much? sanji you have seen nami naked and you just went to an island covered in mermaids who cover up with only shells....... but you want to see robin in more clothing then a Russian woman in a blizzard in winter? and luffy, why the hell do you want a samuri sword now of all times? zoro has always been around and when you first grabbed his swords you didn't care at all...... if luffy was always this crazy about Japanese references when he first saw zoro's swords it wouldn't of been "which one is zoro's" it would of been "jack pot, one for zoro two for me!!!!!!!!" or idk take a damn sword from one of the millions of enemies you fight....pica had a cool one..... and if you really like sumo that much, why the hell have you only played it once? he only played it once for gods sake.... I have played soccer more then luffy has done this sumo thing he loves, and i HATE..... HATE..... HATE!!!!!!!! Soccer.

but what ever...... keep the non stop Japanese references the fans will love it.

OH i sure hope i get to see the "luffy and co handing out fliers" scene, this arc will not be good unless we devote 5 pages of the next chapter to luffy handing out fliers.

female ninija? is that what sanji called nami? ok fine that might actually be good looking......maybe..... I am thinking of a cat woman kind of vibe, if sanji is just thinking of nami wearing that ninja guy's clothing then see my above rant sanji sucks....

yes brook you will be very useful, nothing is more useful in stealing food then a mass less soul that cant touch anything.

so since nami is wearing a lot less clothing then she was before, does this leaf power actually have some combat application? wait before i get to combat application, why couldn't kin of gone all the way with this, just give nami a small skirt and nothing else, the dude is clearly a bad pervert....... but back to combat application, he could actually use this ability in combat, all he needs to do is have a entire deck of playing cards, and those them at people, and the second they touch someone he does his thing, and boom his enemy is wearing wool.....WOOL!!!!! very flamable wool!!! and then he lights them on fire....... or idk maybe a coat of spikes..... something dangerous......or oil! can this ability turn stuff into non clothing things?

that isnt the question you should be asking nami, the question you should be asking is "if i remove this clothing and it turns back into a leaf, will i still be wearing my old cloths" the answer should be yes and that seems like the better option..... oh right Japanese fan service

i get she is a joke, but.......um...... didnt otama establish that a ninja needs to be....... light?.....or at least in shape?

wow!!!!!! those samuri are worth 100 men??? that is as much as the entire WB commanders 5-13!!! those samuri are as strong as 10 average fishmen. maybe even 2 arlongs!!!!!!

ya still not impressed.......and these are supposed to be the best samuri too......

also is that one samuri using the scissor sword from kill la kill? are the Japanese references already over? normal katana are boring now? and come on...... we already had to look for 3  samuri, that was the first thing luffy had to do in the NW.......

"hi i am kin, I am looking for 3 samuri, well one child and 2 samuri, ya 3 samuri"

300 chapters later

"ok thank you for helping me and my 3 friends get home, before we can kill kiadou, we need to find 3 samuri"

hahahaha "they should still be alive" and since this is OP 20 years means they have had no drop in their power what so ever..... or were they 50 at the time? 70ish year olds do actually lose power in OP, OH NO! maybe now they are only as strong as 1.5 arlongs!!!!!!

ya this is the natural result of stealing.....people steal back, thus why civilization has rules...... also why are you even mentioning luffy? why the hell would anyone care who gave you that stuff? unless you want to name drop kiadou i doubt anyone you will name will change anything....

yes there is, but dont call him a hero or he will take offense to it then go on to do exactly what a hero would do.........................god i HATE THIS ARC..... luffy's exact reasoning was "a hero gives meat to people i want to eat all the meat" and luffy went and gave meat to people.......this isnt even a joke or character development, this is just Oda sucking.

to be fair mr thief, the samuri wouldn't do much either even if they were there. they would probably only be as strong as that old lady, that old lady that oda is drawling out attention to for some reason...... sure wonder why......

yes them not having a general is the problem....... if only those 9 samuri had a general they could beat kiadou. the only thing they are missing is a general......

all star? is that a demotion? are there only 2 calamaties now? to be fair, if you get beat as often as jack did, he deserves a demotion, I would forgive the lose to Fuji, but the loss to the elephant that is a demotion in my crew.....

jack "hey boss, i need to have you dig me out"

kidd "what? a second time in 3 days? what happened this time?"

Jack "an elephant hit me"

kidd "an elephant?"

jack "an elephant the size of an island"

kidd "why did you get close enough it an island sized elephant for it to sink you?"

jack "I was trying to sink it with my cannon"

kidd "you were trying to sink an elephant with a cannon?"

jack "yes, apperently the elephant didn't like that, so it attacked me"

kidd "you are aware that your cannons have enough range to shoot the elephant AND not be in range of its attacks right?"

jack "range?"

kidd "yes range, cannons are not close range weapons, in fact they are very dangerous in close range.........you know what, sit there for a few more hours while i think up who i am replacing you with."

also.... even freaking jack is riding an animal?????? jack is a mammoth. he can be a mammoth, why does he need a walking shark? does every one in wano need to be riding an animal? what will king and kiadou ride in on? will the shogun be riding a dragon?

nami's changing breast size and smoker's mobile scar have nothing on Jack's ever changing sword shape...... look at those things, from one page to the next they go from being almost complete circles (very inefficient) to being slightly bent-in swords.

Jack is back!!!! oops he is getting cut by fodder......hey jack maybe you should of stayed under water.....

OH MY GOD!!!!! its shenron!!!!!! ok i have my 2 wishes all ready.

1- please make Wano arc over right now

2- kick sanji off the crew and replace him with renji...his sister replace his with his sister.

oh but if you are pre- cell saga shenron and i only get one wish then 

1- kick sanji off the crew and replace him with renji

oh good perfect. part 2 to my earlier conversation with jack

kidd "oh good you are back jack, sorry i had to demote you from 'calamity' to 'allstar' if you perform good in the next few months you can work your way back up to........is that blood? why are you bleeding?"

jack "this samuri here cut me"

kidd "you worthless disgrace of a pirate, you are demoted to sheepshead, I swear to god if luffy solos you when i leave here I will demote you to batman/mouse man smile user"

jack "yes boss sorry boss"

kidd "also do you have your CoO on right now?"

jack "no the plot didnt call for it"

Kidd "turn it on, luffy law and those 9 samuri i killed years ago are all hiding in this area, go find and kill them"

ok.....so dragon it is. Who had dragon? dragon seemed a little on the nose for me, momo is already a dragon, and the same exact dragon kiadou is at that. AND when kin said he had a loved one killed by a dragon, i really thought that would be someone closer to him, not kiadou himself....

BUT dragon isn't bad. thank GOD it isn't the freaking oni fruit everyone and their mother thought kiadou was using.......that would be as nonsense as if kuma used the bear fruit, or if DD used the flamingo fruit....or if BB used the disappointment fruit. someone shouldn't use a fruit that is already their theme....that is way too lame for someone of Oda's skills. the dude may re use themes, but at least they are not horrible themes.

secondly, I am also glad if kiadou is going to have a heavily Japanese zoan, thank god it is something as recognizable as a dragon. I was half worried it would be some obscure Japanese folklore creature.

kiaodu "I use the 'slit faced woman furit' I have a bowel of water in my head and i scare people to death by revealing the snakes in my torse, but if you say i am beautiful i cut holes in your cheeks!!!!! fear me!!!! also that creature is immortal and controls the weather"

I still think the lion zoan would of been good, it would of been cool to see if oda could make a lame fruit like that have some power. lions are the king of beasts.....oh well, this is a much better idea giving kiadou a good fruit instead of trying to make a bad one work.

oh also, enjoy this picture of kiadou while you can. blow it up, make posters out of it, make it your desktop background, because next time we see kiadou he will be slightly bigger then jack, then he will be the same height as brook, then he will be around luffy's size. 

sometimes it sucks reading a manga with art by a man who doesn't know how a ruler works.

• Shichibukai Ace and YoWid like this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#32 Shichibukai Ace

Shichibukai Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationOutlaw's Summit.

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:56 AM

Moria really tied that thing in battle?

Spoiler

#33 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 01:44 AM

Moria really tied that thing in battle?

More than 12 years ago, at best. Maybe at the time Kaidou was only a bit better than Katakuri level :lol:

Edited by Fulmine, 20 October 2018 - 01:44 AM.

• Shichibukai Ace likes this

#34 Shichibukai Ace

Shichibukai Ace

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts
  • LocationOutlaw's Summit.

Posted 20 October 2018 - 02:14 AM

Indeed, 12 years is forever in One Piece. 

I tried to find the panel. We all know what it says and there's too many varying sources but the best I found was "fought equally." But Moria still ended up stomped in the final encounter. 

It's possible Kaidou didn't have this (unconfirmed) Mythical Dragon Zoan.... but for all intents and purpose I'm guessing he did. It sounds like he has had the ability for a while if people consider him some sort of big time deity type figure. 

I still don't buy it lol. Moria must have tricked him somehow. Like take advantage of Kaidou not looking while he is in his base form, steal his shadow, then send him on a wild goose chase which gives him until sun up for.... maybe nothing? Since nothing has killed Kaidou so far? 

Anyway, I thought the chapter was great. Gotta give up to Oda again, he got me midway through. There I was thinking "Ok, so maybe like 10-15 adventure/set up chapters" then WHAM. I actually had a decent reaction just from Jack. But then Jack again looks lackluster in big time moments. I know it was one slice, and he tanked it, but it was just the sheer surprise of seeing Jack get blindsided so quickly when he was in a neutral position. I'm guessing what he has in strength/girth/health he lacks in 'Observation.' 

Clearly Kaidou's arrival was a huge shocker and just the very fact that he has scar from what I'm guessing is from Whitebeard just gives the Old Man all the more props to his legacy. I'm pretty sure that scar came from Whitebeard and I can only imagine their fight!!

Kaidou also served under someone with Big Mam. Locks, I think his name is? What kind of man has a Mythical Dragon like this under his control?

The more I think of it, the weirder it seems. I get that Kaidou had a bunch of losses and captures.... but did it happen in his Mythic form? How did he keep losing? 

*edit

Would rate this chapter 8.4/10, chapter was good stuff imo

Edited by Shichibukai Ace, 20 October 2018 - 02:18 AM.

• Blackody likes this

Spoiler

#35 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 02:19 AM

@captain kidd  Calamity is not a rank. It's a ''group epithet'' since all 3's epithets are kinds of disaster. Jack's actual rank is revealed in introduction box when he first showed up (in mammoth form) on Zou but the Internet translation was shit so...It's called Lead Performer (Viz's official translation) and now MS translated it as all-star...Headliner is next. Basically it's based on Japanese art/music performer ranking in the old days or something like that.

Also Luffy is all about freedom so sometimes he wants all the meat, sometimes he wants to share. He does whatever he likes, which is pretty fitting IMO. Though I understand your concern LOL

Haha, Admirals and Emperors' fights destroy countries, islands and the world, but Jack vs Shutenmaru only destroys a village hahahaha

#36 Mr Love

Mr Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationYou'll get nothing out of me! Good day sir!

Posted 20 October 2018 - 02:38 AM

Kaido being a chimera or manticore would have made more sense, it gives more credence to big mom's " that thing " comment. Personally i'm fine with him being a bad @ss dragon. Chimera's have some very crazy lore behind them ( if your religious, you know exactly what i'm talking about )  :rolleyes: Maybe one of kaido's subordinates has the chimera DF.

#37 Sesshoumaru

Sesshoumaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:47 AM

Man, poor Jack. If you ever feel like you're having crappy days, think of Jack.

First he has to fight day and night with an army of crazy ninja animals. Then he has to face two admiral level fighters and gets owned. Then He gets destroyed by a giant elephant. Then he has to camp on the bottom of the ocean until someone saves him. Then he comes back to his boss with empty hands, no Raizou, no Doflamingo... He is told by him to bring him Strawhat and he can't find him. But finds a samurai instead who cuts him up like a madman.

And in that moment, boss comes down from the sky as a freaking monster, looking for him...

He has such a badass personality, but can't get a break :(

Edited by Sesshoumaru, 20 October 2018 - 08:50 AM.

• Blackody likes this

#38 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:42 AM

@captain kidd  Calamity is not a rank. It's a ''group epithet'' since all 3's epithets are kinds of disaster. Jack's actual rank is revealed in introduction box when he first showed up (in mammoth form) on Zou but the Internet translation was shit so...It's called Lead Performer (Viz's official translation) and now MS translated it as all-star...Headliner is next. Basically it's based on Japanese art/music performer ranking in the old days or something like that.

Also Luffy is all about freedom so sometimes he wants all the meat, sometimes he wants to share. He does whatever he likes, which is pretty fitting IMO. Though I understand your concern LOL

Haha, Admirals and Emperors' fights destroy countries, islands and the world, but Jack vs Shutenmaru only destroys a village hahahaha

sheepshead isnt a rank either i was joking. but I think we all understand that the 3 calamities are the 3 top commanders.

I don't think jack was actually demoted, that is why in my hypothetical i used myself talking to jack instead of kiadou, because i don't think kiadou actually demoted jack where i would of.

still dont like it.

lol well that is what happens, Oda is even starting to forget the samuri hype and understand they are all fodder, as for jack, his powers are 1 a worthless zoan. 2 breathing under water 3 a sword that constantly changes shapes. none of those are island breaking abilities. Frankly i am amazed the towns people were as scared as they were. if i were there i would say "OH NO A FIGHT BETWEEN......oh it's just jack.........maybe stand back 3-4 feet guys"

Man, poor Jack. If you ever feel like you're having crappy days, think of Jack.

First he has to fight day and night with an army of crazy ninja animals. Then he has to face two admiral level fighters and gets owned. Then He gets destroyed by a giant elephant. Then he has to camp on the bottom of the ocean until someone saves him. Then he comes back to his boss with empty hands, no Raizou, no Doflamingo... He is told by him to bring him Strawhat and he can't find him. But finds a samurai instead who cuts him up like a madman.

And in that moment, boss comes down from the sky as a freaking monster, looking for him...

He has such a badass personality, but can't get a break :(

to be fair, I think it is the other way around. Jack is the luckiest pirate to ever live.

1st jack in insanely lucky that he happened to run into fuji at all. fuji is a man who can lift all those battle ships out of the ocean and fly them to ID. the fact they were even in the ocean is a miracle. 

2nd, Fuji and his power are some of the most fierce abilities in OP. yet jack was able to fight him with his weird shape changing sword, on the water?!?!?! AND sink 2 of fuji's ships???? the only possible explanation I have for what went down is that shark slasher desperate for redemption told his men not to wake fuji or sengoku up and he would personally defeat jack. jack defeated shark slasher bastile and sunk his ship, then mynard followed suit, jack defeated mynard and sunk his ship, then fuji woke up and instantly one shot jack. the fact that jack could stand even a prayer of a chance against fuji on the ocean is as insane as brook standing up to BM.....

3rd jack forgot that cannon's have range greater then an elephant's trunk. Jack has zero reason to think that the island of zou would sit there and take his shots. yet he got as close as humanly possible and shot the elephant point blank with his cannons. jack was lucky the elephant needed permission to attack him or he wouldnt of even drawn blood from zou before the island KOed him.

4th jack isnt able to find luffy? the guy worth 1.5b? jack is lucky he cant find luffy, jack should be thanking kiadou in the heavens for luffy not showing up with law and zoro to defeat jack. and thank god for plot because luffy just fed those people. if kiadou didnt show up I bet luffy would of without a doubt went after jack and that defeat has to be the kind that would get jack out of kiadou's good graces.

so from where i stand jack is a clown who has gotten lucky so many times that buggy is laughing at his plot armor.

is it a mystical beast? dragons exist in OP.

i guess since he will have some type of magical powers he will technically have to be mythical...... but it is just weird, if there are actual dragons in the manga surely the dragon zoan cant be mystical.

banner.png

#39 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:54 AM

is it a mystical beast? dragons exist in OP.

i guess since he will have some type of magical powers he will technically have to be mythical...... but it is just weird, if there are actual dragons in the manga surely the dragon zoan cant be mystical.

Good point...maybe mythical as in rare animals that shouldn't exist anymore. There's dinosaur age in One Piece. I wouldn't be surprised there was mythical beast age LOL

Besides if they don't exist then where does the DF get the power from? Unless DFs are man invention of Void Century like I have theorized.

#40 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 02:19 PM

Good point...maybe mythical as in rare animals that shouldn't exist anymore. There's dinosaur age in One Piece. I wouldn't be surprised there was mythical beast age LOL

Besides if they don't exist then where does the DF get the power from? Unless DFs are man invention of Void Century like I have theorized.

I dont know if you saw in my chapter 921 review but i even theorized (joked) about the shogun riding in on a dragon, in the back of my mind i was waiting for any day now when a ton of dragons show up.....like the capital of wano is covered in dragons or something...... it is japan i was positive dragons were going to be common place like pigeons in the city. If PH has a western looking dragon (two actually) then where on earth was wano's dragons? well this chapter answers that question.... 

ok so now that we know what kiadou looks like.

http://mangaseeonlin...12-page-13.html

who was really in charge of fishman island?

also to go along with that a little bit, we have seen samuri, sumo, ninja, kimono, gesha, shogun, the second country of flowers...... and now Japanese dragons. Are there ANY other feudal Japanese references we need to get out of our system before the actual arc starts? we already had our blind samuri and godzilla is trademarked, anything else what so ever?

hahaha hold up one second, Oda i will take back all the bad i said if you retcon kiadou and give him the godzilla fruit.

banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users