#2 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:02 AM

Hmmm im a lil disappointed in this fight. I knew luffy was going to lose and i cant expect Oda to show too much in this initial skirmish but still I was kind of hoping more from Kaido then jus tanking everything and swinging his weapon(which literally came out of nowhere) just once. I was hoping we’d at least be able to see his hybrid form even if only for a second
  • Shichibukai Ace and denimdragon like this

#3 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:19 AM

Good chapter, Kaidou proved how beastly he is in more ways than one. XD

Given how easily he shrugged of Luffy's attacks and stomped him like a fly.
  • Raiden, Blackody, masterbio and 1 other like this

#4 smokingfrog

smokingfrog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:31 AM

Daaaaammmnnn! "What king of kind of king you said you will be?" Awesome!

Yonkous are total beasts. Luffy couldn't scratch big mom and neither could he do anything to kaidou.
No wonder everyones so afraid of yonkous, especially kaidou.
1 hit is all it took. From BM as well as kaidou. The attacks that sent doflamingo flying all over the place, couldn't even displace kaido.

How the fuck did shanks stop this guy ??

Also, kaidou's attack, looked to me to be loaded with CoC. Maybe full control of CoC? Surely this isn't his strongest attack?

Shutenmaru seems very strong now, all with kaidou wanting him to be in his crew and him being so relaxed/calm in front of kaidou.
  • Raiden likes this

#5 Zeta42

Zeta42

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:13 AM

We Can anime OP predicted Luffy vs. Kaido pretty accurately.

#6 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:27 AM

Holy shit, one-shot! I like how Kaidou went directly for the head where Luffy doesn't have Armament. I would understand not targeting the crotch (as Oda answered in a joking SBS before) but people should go for the head more often. Kizaru said he would then he stoned LOL The guy also tanked G4 like a boss...this is what an Emperor should be, Big Mom...

Will Luffy stand up next chapter like Cracker did back then after Kong Gun?

Also Thunder? Enel-sama blesses you, dragon baby!

Funny how the cover page has Ace wearing a shirt with the word King on it then Kaidou asked Luffy what kind of king he would be haha

Oh, please Oda, Tama now? Tell me first whether Monet, Vergo, Pound and Pedro got Pell'ed...

• Raiden likes this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#7 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:28 AM

Luffy is going to resurrect by kinemon and his gang.

Edited by gametaka, 02 November 2018 - 02:28 AM.

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#8 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:55 AM

I also like how Zolo is conveniently not around. Oda still can't shit on Zolo or will he set up the other two Calamities for Zolo already?

LOL, I just remember: Oda must have heard captain kidd. You think full-animal Zoan form or just animal form in general must be useless? I got ya. After Jack now Kaidou also turns back to human form after being hit a bit. Hybrid form when?

#9 Grove 29

Grove 29

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 03:00 AM

If it's one on one, Kaidou will win.

• Shichibukai Ace and Dude like this

#10 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 November 2018 - 03:20 AM

Shuutenmaru actually realising the promised time has come was a huge step storywise when it comes to introducing him to his connection. His insight of Wano should help a lot, when it comes to gathering allies.

He reacted to Hawkins(or was it someone else?) statement of light at oden castle and now just said that something bugs him. 

When Kines plan was told, i was like what? ur stupid? i mean honestly u dont plan to fight the WSM with all his allies including the shogun+his forces being around..... Plan should be take out the shogun+forces as well as calamities+forces first, in order to weaken Kaidou, then attack Kaidou with all ur  might....I hope that that is what shuutenmaru will pound into the alliances head.

Kaidou does not even see reason to defend against Luffys attack...once more clear arguement for yonkou>>adrmials....Fuji needed to defend....Kizaru could not even 1hit pre TS Luffy.... how can people still claim yonkou~admirals.... this is just beyond reasoning at this stage... in fact all 3 adrmials  together at MF war were only able to achieve what kaidou did with 1hit, and unlike with kaidou that was preTS weak and completely tired Luffy..... and btw Luffy was already unconscious when he received the wound Akainu inflicted on him... so even all 3 adrmials were not able to do any significant, even closely comparable damage to a conscious Luffy..... kaidou did more with 1hit vs g4 luffy then the 3 did before Luffy becoming unconscious.....

preTSLuffy<<<<postTSLuffy...so i hope the admiral lovers will finally understand what the manga has told us since MF...

BTW anyone else missing the SHGF cover pages? I really wanna see them and their progress. I hope they r getting battles experience.

Moreover i really wanna see Reverie again. I mean whom r the Gorosei killing according to Im-samas will? Which wars /alliances will be the result because of it and what is Bonney and the RA up to/what is their status?

Only things i wish to see the same margin as the said above is SHs (without Luffy, he got all the story/focus since TS, imo too much focus on Luffy and too little on the rest of the crew) are Zoro freeing the slaves of the factories fighting the strong samurai of Wano and coming true to his statement he will get the samurais under his wing, as well as fighting the Shogun, then the SHs taking out 1 or 2 SN + their crews and getting rid of the calamities.

I really wish for Sanji + Nami (am curious to see what she is capable of now, and Sanji wont leave her sight since gentleman who wishes to protect)+Ussop (seems to  fight best vs Beasts (and an dinosour more beast like than Apoo), since he wants to become brave after all)+ Chopper (he needs to become more tanky and Zoans are durable, he might better his rumble balls by understanding how Zoans "regeneration" works, also combat experience/adative fighting styles as well as awakening r possible (although too early for him imo)) to fight Drake+Crew. Sanji could be fighting a real CoA opponent, which i deem Drake to be. He needs to become far more durable as well. Vergos clash showed us that.

Brook+Franky+Robin+Law+Heart pirates then fight Apoo+Hawkins+crews. Brook vs Apoo would be epic to see and Apoo imo is the best person to improve Brooks skills as a musician. 

Or simply Remaining SHs (no Zoro no Luffy)+Kine+Kanjuro+Kiku+Heart pirates vs Drake+Hawkins+Apoo+crews. Man i wish we really get such a battle.  

Edited by capu, 02 November 2018 - 03:51 AM.

• Shichibukai Ace likes this

#11 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 03:38 AM

WSM

WSCreature. WSM is old news now :lolxg:

Kaidou does not even see reason to defend against Luffys attack...once more clear arguement for yonkou>>adrmials....Fuji needed to defend....Kizaru could not even 1hit pre TS Luffy.... how can people still claim yonkou~admirals.... this is just beyond reasoning at this stage... in fact all 3 adrmials together at MF war were only able to achieve what kaidou did with 1hit, and unlike with kaidou that was preTS weak and completely tired Luffy..... and btw Luffy was already unconscious when he received the wound Akainu inflicted on him... so even all 3 adrmials were not able to do any significant damage to a conscious Luffy..... kaidou did more with 1hit vs g4 luffy then the 3 did before Luffy becoming unconscious.....

preTSLuffy<<<postTSLuffy...so i hope the admiral lovers will finally understand what the manga has told us since MF...

LMAO I know this would come up.

Kaidou is WSC. How the hell can you even use him as the measure stick? He's not supposed to be the average. Until BM, BB and Shanks can do the same then you may have a point. All I saw is WB the WSM and BM have failed hard. The argument is Admirals and Emperors are generally on the same level. No one ever discredits WB and Kaidou's titles and says there can't be someone who is the strongest.

Also Kaidou's thing is his durability. Luffy is a pure brawler. This is just straight-up good counter to him. How do you know Admirals with their elemental attacks cannot do anything to Kaidou?

Difference is Admirals didn't do anything special to Luffy. Kizaru was being merciful through out the war (or it's just plot-armor). Kaidou used a named attack with CoC and CoA effect (black lightning-like zig zag) here and he was even quite serious. I also don't recall Luffy's durability is said to have increased post-TS. Care to link?

#12 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 02 November 2018 - 03:56 AM

When you use electricity against gummy and its a one shot...lol

Did kaido outblitz luffy in g4?
Also that mofo took a shower in in luffys g4 puches hahaha

I like tama but I hope that she stays dead.

Edited by Enbima, 02 November 2018 - 03:58 AM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#13 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:03 AM

Luffy is Yonkou level, they said.  Doffy was Admiral level, they said.  Luffy/Doffy could take on Yonkou's they said. Wrong, they were.  Admit it, they should. 

• Raiden, Ajh77, Hurley Pirates and 5 others like this

#14 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:03 AM

It's not electricity though. That's just CoA/CoC visual effect. It has been for a while now. The attack's name also means thunder, not lightning.

I guess it hits so hard it makes sound like thunder. The Divine part is actually Eight Triagram like MS translates (same as Naruto's Neji's 8 triagram).

I like tama but I hope that she stays dead.

It's One Piece. Your hope is in vain. I would be glad to be wrong though haha

• Raiden likes this

#15 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:05 AM

WSCreature. WSM is old news now :lolxg:

LMAO I know this would come up.

Kaidou is WSC. How the hell can you even use him as the measure stick? He's not supposed to be the average. Until BM, BB and Shanks can do the same then you may have a point. All I saw is WB the WSM and BM have failed hard. The argument is Admirals and Emperors are generally on the same level. No one ever discredits WB and Kaidou's titles and says there can't be someone who is the strongest.

Also Kaidou's thing is his durability. Luffy is a pure brawler. This is just straight-up good counter to him. How do you know Admirals with their elemental attacks cannot do anything to Kaidou?

Difference is Admirals didn't do anything special to Luffy. Kizaru was being merciful through out the war (or it's just plot-armor). Kaidou used a named attack with CoC and CoA effect (black lightning-like zig zag) here and he was even quite serious. I also don't recall Luffy's durability is said to have increased post-TS. Care to link?

U dont seem to know what CoA does....

BTW i spoke clearly about comparison from pre (MF war) to post TS/current Luffy.....

Kaidou according to u: "quite serious" Kaidou according to others in manga canon: "drunk" see the difference?

moreover u would completely disregard that throughout the manga Luffy has bettered himself whenever he has more than just 1 all out fight (not meant to imply he bettered all stats each time)....he had several since TS....(Kata, DD, espicially with Cracker and Kata we saw that those physical battles surely have an impact on his durability, since he received countless hits...) .... G4 duration time being able  to move time/ time to be used again also decreased iirc, since that is based on physical stats as well as his haki (being able to move does not need haki after all, if it does its extremely little it needs, since children can move....) it shows that his stats (again not all, but certainly his durability) have become better since preTS/TS, since he can withstand the effects of G4 better.

BTW BM was shown to take out Luffy not only by attacking no all she needed to do was defend....

WSM=<WSC since WSC was  introduced to  win all 1vs1 unless u mean  to tell me there is a creature who aint human that possesses the strenghtof the yonkou-----or u mean Kiadou aint human, which so far has not been promoted/clarified. 

btw where did i claim that the admirals attacks cant do anything vs kaidou? Nowhere ohh  ok why u come up with this?

Admirals weren't serious just lmao! Akainu clearly stated he would kill Luffy and wanted him dead, he even stated that even if all pirates were to flee, Luffy and Ace he would not let leave alive.... Sadly serious Akainu was unable to kill an unconscious Luffy.... u dont seem to get the picture here...

Edited by capu, 02 November 2018 - 04:37 AM.

• PunkHazard likes this

#16 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:06 AM

So yeah, this is probably how Luffy ends up meeting Kidd and they both have to bust out of prison together. 

Zoro and Killer probably encounter each other or he's going to learn something really important. Hence why he's on his own for now.

Oda took out the WCI crew so he can focus on the Wano crew for a bit.  But we'll probably get some update on the former at some point as Law is going to have to re group and come up with a new plan.

#17 Youngflash

Youngflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:27 AM

When was the last time Luffy got 1 hit K.O.? The best thing for luffy to do was his Gigangt Kong Gun... and foresight didn't even assist him as much... Kaido really is that fast.

No wonder DD shit his pants. Law vanished... lol don't blame him. It's good to allow Luffy to see what he has to go against. And shows he needs to improve on every single thing.

Zoro has a 'incoming wreck gotta get out here before I be the one' meter.

#18 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:47 AM

That's when I knew kaido was on a whole new level.

Did kaido outblitz luffy in g4?
Also that mofo took a shower in in luffys g4 puches hahaha

Not only that he took what I see as luffys best attack to the face and was alright. The speed blitz was totally unexpected. Who thought a giant could move like that.

#19 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:11 AM

U dont seem to know what CoA does....

You don't seem to have eyes. Where the CoA Hardening on Luffy's head? He didn't fully coat his whole body in CoA LOL. Not every cm on his body is in CoA. His abdomen and head are bare. That's why I never take Katakuri's Strength Mochi and Cracker's piercing seriously on G4 level. DD on the other hand did get blocked by rubber+CoA fusion, for example

BTW i spoke clearly about comparison from pre (MF war) to post TS/current Luffy.....

Yeah, and I'm saying I never recall any hint or evidence Luffy's durability increases. When he used CoA, yes, but his actual body's durability...

Kaidou according to u: "quite serious" Kaidou according to others in manga canon: "drunk" see the difference?

You don't see Luffy sobered Kaidou up? Or at least enough for him to get serious?

Also being drunk directly means hitting less hard when? Never see a violent drunk? I think you mistake drunk and sick LOL

not meant to imply he bettered all stats each time

Good, because all I saw him improving post-TS compared to pre-TS is Haki and DF mastery. Then till now he has improved CoO in Katakuri fight and maybe G4's duration time. Other than that? Nothing is confirmed or hinted to improve yet. Even if he did improve, how do you know by how much? 10%? 30%? 200%? You just assumed he improved a lot cause it suits your stance LOL

espicially with Cracker and Kata we saw that those physical battles surely have an impact on his durability, since he received countless hits

Cracker hit him twice and both are mere cuts LOL. Luffy ate his way out of Cracker. Maybe you meant his stomach improved and not durability.

Katakuri did better than Cracker, but who said Luffy's durability improved because of that? Give actual feat or it's just empty talk. Luffy was already a massive endurance machine since pre-TS LOL. He got poisoned and lasered from Impel Down to MF. Katakuri did nothing worse except for maybe that one spear thrust. Again, you don't just get to assume characters improve because they take hits. Give actual feat they can tank something they can't before...

In fact, Luffy has never taken hit from guys on his G4 level post-TS with his bare head. Thunder 8 Triagram may as well be as strong as G4 move for all we know. Rather than thinking Kaidou is so strong he one-shots (still not sure because this has happened to DD and Cracker before. They stood up next chapter) G4Luffy you should really analyze if this is the actual durability Luffy always has. Katakuri pounded him with Strength Mochi for example and he had no CoA Hardening to defend.

G4 duration time being able to move time/ time to be used again also decreased iirc, since that is based on physical stats as well as his haki (being able to move does not need haki after all, if it does its extremely little it needs, since children can move....) it shows that his stats (again not all, but certainly his durability) have become better since preTS/TS, since he can withstand the effects of G4 better.

That's already retconed by Oda in SBS LOL

BTW BM was shown to take out Luffy not only by attacking no all she needed to do was defend....

No, she wasn't. Luffy deactivated his G4 and that's why he lost strength. The sound effect on BM's hand is for her hand being hurt/stung. Stop using headcanon!

WSM=<WSC since WSC was  introduced to  win all 1vs1 unless u mean  to tell me there is a creature who aint human that possesses the strenghtof the yonkou-----or u mean Kiadou aint human, which so far has not been promoted/clarified.

I just said Kaidou is WSC so he's special. So not sure why you feel the need to point out WSC>=WSM

btw where did i claim that the admirals attacks cant do anything vs kaidou? Nowhere ohh ok why u come up with this?

You said Kaidou does not see a reason to defend against Luffy's attack which means yonkou>admirals. Which means you think just because Kaidou's durability is special that somehow means all 4 emperors>>admirals. Even though there are several factors in a fight and 2 emperors, BB and WB, are actually canonically not that durable (their endurance is great though).

I'm saying Kaidou may just be fucking durable to physical attack hence he no-sold Luffy. I'm asking you how do you know Akainu's magma fist or Kizaru's laser wouldn't hurt Kaidou badly? If you say you don't claim that then your logic is non sequitur because why would you say yonkou>>admirals just because the WSC is a fucking tank? That's like saying Sanji is >> Luffy because Sanji has better kick technique than Luffy, even though Luffy doesn't need to use leg to beat Sanji...a KKG would do the job.

Admirals weren't serious just lmao! Akainu clearly stated he would kill Luffy and wanted him dead, he even stated that even if all pirates were to flee, Luffy and Ace he would not leave alive.... Sadly serious Akainu was unable to kill an unconscious Luffy.... u dont seem to get the picture here...

Just when I thought you have improved you forced me at the end of the post to ask the question one more time: do you read?

I didn't say Akainu was not serious. I said they didn't do anything special. I said Kaidou was quite serious and used a named attack. Two different things...

• Raiden likes this

#20 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 07:09 AM

Saitama Vs Boros = Kaido Vs Luffy

The question is where's luffys future sight?

Oh.. and where did law go to? Is he just hiding? shutenmaru might be the one to save them next chapter.

Honestly I don't think Luffy is fully KO.
Although he was obliterated, Luffy had the right attitude. Kill kaido now before he is surrounded by his crew members. Specially when half of your own side might have been wiped out.

A few chapters ago law was like: "it's good that news don't travel fast in wano". A few hours later we have 3 headliners, 1 calamity and kaido looking for Luffy. Law was so wrong, news travel faster than in totto land.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users