#21 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:23 PM

Wait isn’t it just dumb for Kaido to leave Luffy alive? I know he said adding to his military might but now it just seems like anyone can do anything to him and he’ll still wanna recruit them. The man was the direct cause of his military not getting any bigger. The plot armor too strong on that one. I was expecting luffy to escape or something.

I do feel like everyone and there mother has CoC. Well i guess it dont really matter

Cant wait till Kidd gets some fight scenes

#22 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:09 PM

Did someonw travel to Wano to sell DFs or something? Or Kozuki family own those DFs? Because they are Poneglyph craftmen and were given them by Ancient Kingdom in Void Century? That still doesn't explain why they don't know about DFs

This people are from 20y ago, maybe name devil fruit is just one the names for it.

Oden's wife could have brought fruits from past.

#23 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,953 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:04 PM

Interesting end to Act 1. It does seem that this will have 5 Acts if Oda is following standard Kabuki plays like others have said, but I guess each act might be different lengths. So no telling how long this will take. I do think that Oda might switch over to the Reverie again in between the acts as sort of an intermission. Then he will switch back over to Wano and open the curtains to begin a new act. Since I don't see Oda switching back and forth from Wano to the Reverie while he is focused on Wano if he is treating the Wano part as a play.

I did like that Kaidou captured Luffy. It felt like he had to capture him given there has to be some consequences for Luffy exposing himself to Kaidou and Oroichi. I didn't think he could just run away. Sure, it would make more sense to kill Luffy now and get rid of him, but you can excuse it since Luffy is the MC and that wouldn't happen obviously. I guess Kaidou's club had to have been special or at least covered in haki to hit Luffy like that. It was a bit strange that Luffy was using his CoC haki unconscious and I wonder if Oda is going to give Luffy some special CoC upgrade like he did CoO last arc? Not sure I'd want more haki stuff, but oh well. It was interesting to see that Oden and Kidd have CoC too. Kidd and Law teaming up will be fun, but I did get confused thinking that the person that spit the fish bones was Kidd but it is someone else. Probably one of the samurai they need to find.

Law just running away is a bit of a problem since there would be no reason for Kaidou and Oroichi to not to tear up the country looking for him, and that Hawkins would let him get away when Law couldn't use his abilities too, but we will have to wait to see how that is dealt with. Also no clue where Zoro is going as he is randomly sailing on some boat now despite being exposed as well. I still would love Zoro and Kaidou to run into each other and they get into a drinking contest or something random. Also seeing the crew's reactions to the Luffy capture news was funny. Was not expecting Robin to make a face like that, lol.

The creation and use of seastone nails is interesting, as well as a seastone prison, but I was a bit confused by Wano being the supplier of seastone to the Marines when Wano is supposed to be this isolated country. Maybe something got lost in translation there? Still, while Luffy is in prison I do hope that the story shifts focus on the other SHs for a bit but I know that is unlikely. I would like to get a better idea of what everyone else is doing, but I know Oda doesn't like to shift focus off of Luffy much anymore.

• Raiden likes this

#24 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:58 AM

I think it will have been 2 more years at least by then end of Wano. WCI got nearly 80 chapters...Wano is supposed to be the 2nd MFWar, only better and more shit.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#25 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:25 AM

Kaido will overthrow the world government if he build his army with artificial devil fruit.

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#26 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:00 AM

I think it will have been 2 more years at least by then end of Wano. WCI got nearly 80 chapters...Wano is supposed to be the 2nd MFWar, only better and more shit.

You might not believe me but MF was only 30 chapters long. It went from chapter 550 to 580.

Oh.. when I say 30 chapters I mean the actual war because there more than meets the eye with MF.

The events that let to this war were set all the way in chapter 154 in drum island when it was mentioned that Ace was looking for BB.
In Alabasta we find out why Ace was chasing BB.
In sky island ace gets his cover story. Its about his chase.
EL we get the confrontation between Ace and BB.
In TB kuma notifies moria about the war
SA all the supernovas and DD learn about the war.
AL boa is recruited to fight and luffy learns about ace execution.

The war culminates thanks to the events in ID. BB new members and luffy/prisoners alliance.

There has been a lot of people naming the similarities between paradise and new world.
Well I think this is the biggest similarity. The slowly plot of the war since kinemon showed up and luffy allied with law.

For me wano act 1 which was in kuri is probably ID part 1.
ID part 1 ended with luffy being captured.
part 2 will be escaping and only then the actual war.

So basically, for me, the war was ID and MF put together. ID had 25 chap and MF had 30. Total of 75 chap.
I believe that during act 1 and act 2, and possibly between act 2 and act 3 as well, we will get reverie chapters so #i will had 15 additional chapters.
According to my calculations wano war will end roughly around chapter 1000. Right around september 2020.
  • Blackody likes this

#27 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:18 AM

I really like this "acts", it really feels we're on a play and it helps us understand in what point of the history we are. Well done Oda!!

As many predicted, this is how Luffy end up meeting Kidd. The mystery now is the fish bone man. My bet goes to.... Kimimaru :D jk of course. I also think it's another of the special samurai.

I got surprised when Kaido discovered that Luffy had CoC, I thought that had been spread all over the world when Luffy used it in Marineford. But that's cool, I wonder if this skill will have a bigger role in this arc.

Now, onto to part 2

#28 Bloodknight

Bloodknight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:23 PM

Kaido will overthrow the world government if he build his army with artificial devil fruit.

I sas wonfering Why kaido would keep Luffy and maybe Kidd if its not to gather an army strong enough if it s not for becoming pirate king due To the War he wants to happen

Edited by Bloodknight, 10 November 2018 - 02:26 PM.

#29 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:57 PM

The creation and use of seastone nails is interesting, as well as a seastone prison, but I was a bit confused by Wano being the supplier of seastone to the Marines when Wano is supposed to be this isolated country.

Maybe something got lost in translation there? Still, while Luffy is in prison I do hope that the story shifts focus on the other SHs for a bit but I know that is unlikely. I would like to get a better idea of what everyone else is doing, but I know Oda doesn't like to shift focus off of Luffy much anymore.

I think it makes a lot of sense, we already have been told that some of the best blades come from Wano due to the folks there being master bladesmiths and stonemasons, which is also why they r capable of "creating" the poneglyphs. Thus since they r the only ones to actually forge/work on the poneglyphs which  r otherwise indestructable being able to bend/work on kairoseki seems legit to me. Also while Wano is indeed a closed off country we know for a fact that several people visited it (WB, GR+cew,Ace+crew),  that leaves the option that during time far more came and went,they could have taken souveniers, like famed blades and well seastone. seastone is very rare in generel as far as i know and being closed off =/= not trading with others at all.

Sadly i feel the same, post TS is all about Luffy... its like the rest of the crew does not even exist anymore...all they do gets offscreened...

Well hopefully we finally have Luffy gone for several chaps, i mean Wano should be Zoros  arc, but if Oda fuc** Zoro the way he did Sanji in his arc and once more builds the arc solely around the MC Luffy well someone like me who does not enjoy stupidity as much as others do might as well start reading a different manga.

Dont get why Oda had to make such faces with Robin.... she is one of only 2-3 serious ones within the crew... seems totally out off character... dont ruin her / their style Oda!

https://readms.net/r...iece/924/5464/3 Why the heck is Law winded? Why is he already on low stamina? He did not do a thing did he?

i propose the other imprisoned one to be either one of the 2 other samurais kine searches for, the former emperor or former Shogun of Wano, or to  be the lurking legend which Oda wished to introduce.

_________

really hope we get to see Zoro freeing all the slaves of the factories and slowly but steadily building up his army to finally move againt the Shogun in the capital (yes i hope the crew will not do that but only Zoro+samurai, the crew can free Luffy and defeat SNs in the meantime,while Zoro fights the strongest samurai of Wano).

_________

How stupid is Kinemons plan btw? Attack Kaidou when he has the Shogun and his forces as well as his calamities around? Dude someone like Kaidou u try to fight with a zillion allies when he is ALONE!

#30 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,953 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 10 November 2018 - 04:35 PM

I think it makes a lot of sense, we already have been told that some of the best blades come from Wano due to the folks there being master bladesmiths and stonemasons, which is also why they r capable of "creating" the poneglyphs. Thus since they r the only ones to actually forge/work on the poneglyphs which  r otherwise indestructable being able to bend/work on kairoseki seems legit to me. Also while Wano is indeed a closed off country we know for a fact that several people visited it (WB, GR+cew,Ace+crew),  that leaves the option that during time far more came and went,they could have taken souveniers, like famed blades and well seastone. seastone is very rare in generel as far as i know and being closed off =/= not trading with others at all.

Sadly i feel the same, post TS is all about Luffy... its like the rest of the crew does not even exist anymore...all they do gets offscreened...

Well hopefully we finally have Luffy gone for several chaps, i mean Wano should be Zoros  arc, but if Oda fuc** Zoro the way he did Sanji in his arc and once more builds the arc solely around the MC Luffy well someone like me who does not enjoy stupidity as much as others do might as well start reading a different manga.

Guess I feel that Wano being the supplier of seastone means they aren't as closed off as they implied. It might be a salutation like in Japan in the past were they were a closed off country but had a specific area where they allowed European traders to go but didn't allow them past it or into their country. So maybe that is where they supply the Marines and such with seastone.

Yeah, I feel that Wano for Zoro will be what WCI was for Sanji possibly. I think in WCI people thought Sanji, while he did a fair amount, would do a lot more than he did, and I can see that being the same here in Wano with Zoro. People assumed that this would be "his arc" but Oda will probably not stray from keeping most of the focus on Luffy like usual since the TS. Maybe even more so as there is really no certainty that Wano will get into Zoro's past like some fans assume.

• capu likes this

#31 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:30 PM

As others have said, the acts are a welcome addition.  It is a change of pace for Oda and it makes Wano its own thing.  I hope we take a look in on the Reverie in between the end and beginning of the acts.  We should have 5 acts, so that would give us room to get some interesting stuff occurring in the Reverie while the Wano arc builds towards its climax and conclusion.

Luffy glaring and CoCing the fodder while unconscious was a good way to give Luffy kudos without downplaying what Kaido did.  I like this meetup with Kidd too.  I've always felt Kidd would be Luffy's top rival, and I feel Oda is going to solidify that during this arc.  They both have CoC, they both have another member of the 'Worst Generation' as their vice-captain, and both were badly beaten and jailed by Kaido lol.  I look forward to them confronting each other much further in their pirate careers and thinking back to this moment. 

I suppose the bone spitting guy is....the lurking legend?  We won't know he is until after he aids Luffy and Kidd in escaping and dealing with Kaido (maybe help them unlock their awakenings?).  At which point, he becomes another antagonist to Luffy. 

I wasn't into Wano as much when it first started but I am buckled in for the ride now.  Can't wait for what comes next.

• Blackody and Chillman like this

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#32 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:26 PM

Chased by pirates, poisoned, kidnapped, and then almost killed by a dragon...Tama is definitely not having a good birthday.
Also is it my imagination or has Luffy been captured or imprisoned by an enemy in every arc since coming into the New World? If he's trying to break Kaidou's record for most times captured he's off to a good start.

Rather than heading back to the Reverie I think the second act will just be a chance to do a mini time skip to advance the story a few days. I wouldn't mind being wrong though.

I do feel like everyone and there mother has CoC.

Adding Kidd to that list only makes for a total of nine living users of King's haki in the story so it's honestly not a lot of them. What I've found interesting is that all of them are pirates, not a single marine, revolutionary, etc. is confirmed to have King's haki.

• Ajh77, masterbio, KUROkami and 1 other like this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#33 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:49 PM

If he's trying to break Kaidou's record for most times captured he's off to a good start.
He aint so far off if u count the entire story. I would say its been quite often. Buggy Arc, against Arlong, although i aint sure whether imprisoning him in stone and under water counts?, Loguetown, twice in Alabasta (3 times if u count imprisoning Luffy under sand, where someone (Robin?) safed him from somehow, sry its been too long..), aint  sure about Jaya/Sky island and CP9 Saga, although i believe he had not been captured during those, in TB,  in AL, PH, DR, WCI. 

Which makes it 9 times if u dont count those i am unsure off and those i might have forgotten.    

Rather than heading back to the Reverie I think the second act will just be a chance to do a mini time skip to advance the story a few days.
Well i agree but only under the condition that we get to hear about several battles the SHs had during that time, otherwise it would simply be a bit of a waste, no need to skip the time if there aint any progress afterwards, which justifies (time passed and experience gained during the battles) the others getting closer to Luffy again, who seemingly now has a big lead.

Adding Kidd to that list only makes for a total of nine living users of King's haki in the story so it's honestly not a lot of them.
Living:

Ray, Shanks, Luffy, Kidd, Boa, Don Chinjao, DD, Kata, BM,  

dead:

WB, Ace, Oden

____

BTW why do the wiki (german one) not list Garp and Dragon? I mean after Garps statement: "so he really was born with it" (or sthg similar) aint it confirmed that he refered to Luffys D. lineage, thus his very own family as a Monkey D. and consequently COC apply to himself and Dragon as well? Was just thining about ur 9 and checked opwiki.org for it, then this question came up.... does such an statement not count as proof (as it seemingly does not, since wiki say so :D ), or do i remember it wrong?

#34 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:16 PM

Yeah, I also thought that Dragon and Garp had Coc!!

So, do you guys think Luffy will be broken and temporarily turn to Kaido's side, leading to the classic plot where his friends have to "get him back"?

#35 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:28 PM

Yeah, I also thought that Dragon and Garp had Coc!!

So, do you guys think Luffy will be broken and temporarily turn to Kaido's side, leading to the classic plot where his friends have to "get him back"?

Haha no.

#36 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:41 PM

not a single marine, revolutionary, etc. is confirmed to have King's haki.

You can bet that both Garp and Dragon have it.

#37 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:13 PM

Only if Kaido has someone with DF that has hypnosis/mind manipulation powers. Luffy has been hypnotized and manipulated few times (Examples Django and Miss Goldenweek) so it could be possible that Luffy will side Kaido temporarily because of that. Otherwise i don't think so.

#38 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:51 AM

Hmh not sure but doubt it, first off because Kidd has endured the torture without breaking so far, thus Luffy should be capable of withstanding it too, secondly because in generel we have seen Luffy take immense pain before without having been effected mentally for a prolonged time afterwards. The only exception to that was Ace death alongside his pain in ID+MF but i'd say that even that "mental damage" did not last for long. Especially since Luffy has become older and is now in an age which is "ordinarily" cosidered to be adulthood i dont see him not wihtstanding it.    

Only if Kaido has someone with DF that has hypnosis/mind manipulation powers. Luffy has been hypnotized and manipulated few times (Examples Django and Miss Goldenweek) so it could be possible that Luffy will side Kaido temporarily because of that. Otherwise i don't think so.

Totally forgot about that option. True that Luffy might succumb to serve Kiadou is there is someone with an ability like that. Are there animal who has hypnotysing abilities? Some snakes have certain poisons that make u  hallucinate mayhaps Oda will use that one in order for Kaidou to make Luffy and Kidd do his bidding. The snakes would even fit into the Zoan themed beast crew.

Edited by capu, 13 November 2018 - 01:52 AM.

#39 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,466 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:45 PM

Well I was very busy...... i figured nothing would happen so this looks about right....

1st damn you wano I hate you so much..... of course wano is where sea stone comes from. Next chapter we will find out that wano is actually where all Df come from after that we will find out the wg came from wano. Finally it turns out luffy was actually born in wano.

Quick freaking question, sky islands
https://file-image.m....jpg?1513532294
Sky islands are made from volcanoes ejecting sea stone particles into the air......so what the hell is this chapter telling me? That all sky islands were made above wano?
Furthermore we were told all prisons in hq (guess they ment id) and all battleship hulls are made out of sea stone. Bull shit sea stone comes from wano and bull shit only a wano craftsman can make a nail.
Smokers god damn jute's tip is the same size as that nail, there is no way smoker went to wano to get a replacement.

Not to mention sea stone was in wipers shoes.....well oda.... tell me, why did a wano craftsman make a seastone tipped sky island shoe?
VP and judge found out how to unlock DNA and clone super humans but the ability to make a smaller sea stone piece is just impossible for anyone but wano craftsmen

And now ignoring all my protests about the sea stone. 2nd thing on my mind. What the hell is with this "closed off island" having so much god damn stuff in common with the outside world?!?!?!?! Wano has df.....so somehow df got into the closed off country.... wano made the stones but they are all over the world.... wano made all the graded swords but those got out some how.....ace kiadou and roger all got into wano, some with Hawkins and drake and luffy law and everyone. This island is as "closed off" as the internet....

Oda.......when Japan was closed off...... After America forcibly opened it up again, we discovered a 3rd world country trapped in time.

What the hell is with this "having your cake and eating it too" nonsense. Is wano a closed off country or not? If you want wano to be a closed off country why do so many wano citizens have df? If wano is not a closed off country why have you told us it is so many times? On a scale of real world Japan to fictional home of black panther wacanda..... I think we all know where this "closed off nation" fantasy ranks....

Does that old lady have the decay fruit? Are you serious right now? What an injustice...... such a great sounding fruit with so much potential and it is given to an ugly gag character. This is like if conis used the lightning fruit. Or 3 times worse then what happened to the nuro fruit.....I didn't mind foxy...

Also. Why a sea stone nail? Why not a bullet like I said I would use for the past few years. (I even said that's what I thought dd hit law with) and why did the nail just stop on law? Is law made of iron? Even a nail that small short out of a rifle should go through laws body a little....

Hawkins is a failure.....how the hell did he lose law AGAIN....

Not showing us luffy's face? Are you trying to make me think it is not luffy? Well in the first scene when you see luffy's v neck kimono his scar is missing.... but I am sure that is just bad drawling not oda hinting that is actually law.

Hey dude who spit the fish bones. You are such a monumental moron that BM is currently laughing at you. Instead of spitting the whole fish bone you could of broken it into several pieces and used those like a machine gun killing several fodder guards. Idk maybe even use one piece to pick your handcuffs and escape.....stupidity at that level should be a sin....

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#40 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:20 PM

Hawkins is a failure.....how the hell did he lose law AGAIN....

You can see Nail isn't that deep inside of Law so he probably just took it off asap, blocked Hawkins attack, Room and shambled away

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users