Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:07 AM

https://jaiminisbox....en/0/205/page/1

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#2 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:42 AM

What? Todoroki's surpassed Endeavor already?

Honezuki has nakamapowah?

This confirms it! First Kaminari is electricity and Kyouka has long ear. Now Pony girl has Thunder in her hero name and fighting Octo Blow's several arms... just like Luffy's Octopus Fireworks...

Horikoshi is Enel fanboy!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Edited by Fulmine, 09 November 2018 - 04:42 AM.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#3 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:14 AM

So I take it Class-B won. I mean, first Mudman was with Pony against Ojiro and Tentacle. Then we see him at Todoroki and Tetsux4. I don't see him leaving Tentacle and Ojiro there midfight and he propably tranferred them to jail with Pony. And assuming this, Class-A has Driller captured, Class-B has Tentacle and Ojiro.

Oh and I assume that "Draw" at end of chapter meant draw between Todoroki vs Tetsux4 and Iida vs Mudman

Edited by Jekkusormi, 09 November 2018 - 05:17 AM.

17.jpg

#4 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:39 AM

I honestly didn't think we would end up with a draw.

Kinda surprising result tbh, I personally thought that Shoto and Iida would lead their team to victory given all the development they both had during this arc.

Man, even an overpowered Shoto couldn't even beat Tetsutetsu, who imo is just an inferior version of Kirishima.

I have kinda problem with the author though, he hyped up Momo previously and Shoto just now. But he failed to give Momo and Shoto their respective individual wins over Kendo and Tetsutetsu. All that development, build up and hype for both Momo and Shoto and they end up with nothing. What a waste imo, it's just so disappointing.

Though that said Tetsutetsu and Honenuki where pretty cool this chapter, forcing the tie even though both of them where heavily injured.

It looks like could there could be a sixth tiebreaker match being set up possibly. I can easily see that happening if one of Bakugou or Deku's teams wins their match and the other team loses. Then both class 1A and 1B would be tied at two wins apiece, which is where I can see a potential sixth tiebreaker match maybe being played in that scenario.

#5 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:12 AM

What? Todoroki's surpassed Endeavor already?

Honezuki has nakamapowah?

This confirms it! First Kaminari is electricity and Kyouka has long ear. Now Pony girl has Thunder in her hero name and fighting Octo Blow's several arms... just like Luffy's Octopus Fireworks...

Horikoshi is Enel fanboy!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Enel is badass, this is a great thing.

#6 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:31 AM

OK the Mudman guy was by far the most impressive. He carried his team hard tough Tetsu was also impressive for tanknig like that.

• Raiden, Ajh77, JDG973 and 2 others like this

#7 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:11 AM

Tetsutetsu, who imo is just an inferior version of Kirishima.

Where does that come from?

I have kinda problem with the author though, he hyped up Momo previously and Shoto just now. But he failed to give Momo and Shoto their respective individual wins over Kendo and Tetsutetsu. All that development, build up and hype for both Momo and Shoto and they end up with nothing. What a waste imo, it's just so disappointing.

Actually the point is class B is just as good. Kinda even more disappointing if Yuei, one of the best (if not the best) hero school in all Japan can only produce 1 great class when they have 2. 50% rate? Meh

• Raiden and /2aw like this

#8 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,666 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:56 PM

Favorite chapter in this arc so far. Mudman out here nakamaing powering his way into my top 5.

Todoroki still has a ways to go before even reaching Endeavour's level, but at least he can take the heat.

• Ajh77 likes this

#9 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:36 PM

Mudman has impressed me.  He has been handling this entire fight so well.  Even in desperation, he managed to take his opponents with him.  Add on how he feels for his nakama, and he is the standout for me in this fight.  Recommended for a reason!

Tetsu did his thing this chapter too.  Page 6 was a good showing for his character.  

I like how messy and chaotic this fight has become.  I'd like for it to end in a draw. 

• Raiden and JDG973 like this

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#10 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:42 AM

Mudman out here nakamaing powering his way into my top 5.

Who are the other 4?

#11 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:35 AM

Where does that come from?

Actually the point is class B is just as good. Kinda even more disappointing if Yuei, one of the best (if not the best) hero school in all Japan can only produce 1 great class when they have 2. 50% rate? Meh

Well imo Kirishima is just better all round than Tetsutetsu tbh - better accomplishments, personality, girlfriend and friendships.

Like Kirishima's feats of helping rescue Bakugou during the Hideout Raid arc and also assisting Fatgum take out Rappa and that other Precept during Overhaul's arc.

I really loved Kirishima's backstory during that arc, how both his mentor and Mina inspired him to become a better hero by help him overcome his fears.

Also he has a better love interest than Tetsutetsu. While that guy has Kendo who is ok I guess, she ain't really nothing special compared to Kirishima's girlfriend - Mina. Who is arguably one of the best girls in 1A if not in the entire school for that matter either. I love her personality and it also helps that she has great legs too.

Plus Kirishima's friendships with Bakugou and Kaminari are just awesome and funny. They are literally like the three musketeers tbh, that's how good the interaction is between that trio.

Well what was the point of Horokishi hyping and building up Momo and Shoto in the first place then? If he was never intending to follow through with this by actually giving them by their respective individual wins over Kendo and Tetsutetsu.

Also it's not just Momo and Shoto, but also Tokoyami and Iida too. Again the author hyped up these characters up beforehand, but yet again he didn't let Tokoyami get his individual win over that shadow guy from 1B thanks to mushroom girl ko'ing him with her poison.

Same thing with Iida, again he too got hyped up beforehand but was unable to get his individual win over Honenuki, thanks to Honenuki collapsing that pillar which ko'd the both of them and ending their teams match as a draw.

All this stuff just rubs the wrong way and comes of too me as bad writing. I don't mind class 1B getting development and some wins over class 1A. But the actual way Horkoshi went about it just irks me.

#12 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:16 AM

Well what was the point of Horokishi hyping and building up Momo and Shoto in the first place then?

What I said.

if he was never intending to follow through with this

by actually giving them by their respective individual wins over Kendo and Tetsutetsu.

Is the second line the only way to do the first line? Nope! O__O

All this stuff just rubs the wrong way and comes of too me as bad writing. I don't mind class 1B getting development and some wins over class 1A. But the actual way Horkoshi went about it just irks me.

irks you =/= bad writing...

• number21 likes this

#13 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:17 AM

What I said.

Is the second line the only way to do the first line? Nope! O__O

irks you =/= bad writing...

Yes I call it bad writing, since Horokishi is the author and responsible for the developments in his series.

It's his fault for hyping and building up characters like Momo, Shoto, Iida and Tokoyami and failing to do anything with their new development. I can understand it if the author didn't want to give them the team wins over class 1B which is fair enough, since 1B need a lot of development.

But he could have at least give them some individual wins instead as a kinda consolation prize instead, but he choose not to. All that new developments that Momo, Shoto, Iida and Tokoyami got during this arc was just squandered imo. That's what rankles with me the most.

I swear if Horokishi is gonna hype up either or both of Bakugou and Deku before the next matches and fails to do anything with it yet again, I am gonna call him out on his bullshit. That's advance warning from me.

#14 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:02 AM

Yes I call it bad writing, since Horokishi is the author and responsible for the developments in his series.

That has nothing to do with what I said LOL

failing to do anything with their new development

He didn't. You just don't like what he did

individual wins

He did.

was just squandered

Again, winning and losing are not the measure sticks

• number21 and Chillman like this

#15 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,953 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:36 AM

I wasn't expecting a draw. I guess one team might be declared the winner if one put more of the other group in their jail, but it is hard to tell at the moment. If it does end up as a draw that would mess up the idea that the last battle with Deku will be the deciding match if the two classes have 2 wins each.

Yeah, the highlight of this battle was Mudman for me too. He really showed why he was one of the recommended students. When I first heard that he was one of the special recommended students I didn't think much of him given his power, but he really shined with it and showcased a wide rage of ways to use it. Tetsu and Iida also has really good showings in this battle as well. Todoroki kind of got taken out before he could really use his ultimate attack, but it makes sense that they are going to save that for a bigger moment down the line. Introducing it here did feel like set up, especially with Endeavor trying to call him.

#16 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:17 AM

At least we can look forward to the next match, wonder if Neito will use his Copy quirk to use Midoriya's One for All. It would probably break his body too. :lol:

#17 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,891 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:52 AM

At least we can look forward to the next match, wonder if Neito will use his Copy quirk to use Midoriya's One for All. It would probably break his body too. :lol:

Next match is Bakugou's team. Then Deku's. XP

Anyways I am pretty sure that Deku's team is gonna lose their match. Just to develop both Shinsou and class 1B up even more.

Deku doesn't really need the win tbh, he has a tonne of development prior to this arc like the whole thing with Gentle and the OFA memories thing.

#18 JDG973

JDG973

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • LocationOn the Horizon....

Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:19 PM

Next match is Bakugou's team. Then Deku's. XP

Anyways I am pretty sure that Deku's team is gonna lose their match. Just to develop both Shinsou and class 1B up even more.

Deku doesn't really need the win tbh, he has a tonne of development prior to this arc like the whole thing with Gentle and the OFA memories thing.

Exactly, plus then it would be 2 for 2 in the Midoriya vs Shinsou matchups.

mpGgikj.jpg

"...Enlightened people are and the rest are becoming. I'm becoming. I'm somewhere between violence and tranquility, or violence and something yet to be decided."

- Vic Sage

Spoiler *Under Construction*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users