• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 05:57 AM

Actually, he was being groomed to be PK. So no, he was not a joke, he was the one with the most potential. Probably one of the strongest too.

He draw against jimbe then joined WB. In his novel it's stated that he was getting stronger but I doubt he was at yonko commander lvl. I put him at oven lvl. He got the title a bit prematurely. I don't doubt that had WB been the only one to die the WB remnants would have won the payback war.
Had ace survived he would be leading the WV pirates and there would be 5 yonko. Well 6 with Luffy.

#22 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:00 AM

He draw against jimbe then joined WB. In his novel it's stated that he was getting stronger but I doubt he was at yonko commander lvl. I put him at oven lvl. He got the title a bit prematurely. I don't doubt that had WB been the only one to die the WB remnants would have won the payback war.
Had ace survived he would be leading the WV pirates and there would be 5 yonko. Well 6 with Luffy.

he was definitely yonkou commander lvl. I think his clash with aokiji was meant to portray that. He drew against jinbei years before he died. Its safe to say he was a lot stronger during the war. Honestly Ace has never shown us any reason for us to think he was weak. So why are u saying he wasnt yonkou commander lvl?

#23 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:02 AM

Same no Haki shit and little fight that make Ace underestimated. The image is so deeply ingrained it's hard to put away. Which is funny cause Oda gave plenty of other hints and the Haki thing is now solved thanks to novel...

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing Catarina's flame/bijuudama though. Wonder if she'd better than Ace

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#24 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 12:27 PM

he was definitely yonkou commander lvl. I think his clash with aokiji was meant to portray that. He drew against jinbei years before he died. Its safe to say he was a lot stronger during the war. Honestly Ace has never shown us any reason for us to think he was weak. So why are u saying he wasnt yonkou commander lvl?

I also believe he got stronger after fighting jimbe but my point is that maybe his promotion was a bit premature.
I started to look at power levels in terms of how resourceful characters really are. Seeing how the weakest commander POST ts, cracker, was so adamant about armour that negated durability which doomed him, I started to question how well rounded was ace. Could he adapt to different fighting styles or would he always go for that mid range fight.

Believe it or not bounties represent danger and strength. Ace had his bounty at 550m for a reason. Obviously he would give them a fight but win is something that doesn't cross my mind. He was the weakest commander we saw in the series.
My point is that if he was commander lvl he was right at the border.

Edited by Abaroxa, 28 November 2018 - 12:28 PM.

#25 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 29 November 2018 - 09:14 AM

He was the weakest commander we saw in the series.

He was weaker than Marco?... No I don't think so.

Edited by Raiden, 29 November 2018 - 09:14 AM.

• Fulmine and KUROkami like this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#26 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 12:08 AM

Unless Jinbe also got stronger as the same rate as Ace's, there's no way he's weaker than all commanders and still managed the feats he did LOL

#27 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:34 AM

Unless Jinbe also got stronger as the same rate as Ace's, there's no way he's weaker than all commanders and still managed the feats he did LOL

Jinbei couldn't take out Prometheus, so I would say that Jinbei has a problem with fighting strong fire source.

So fighting on the ground against fire fruit is an issue.

#28 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:59 AM

Jinbei couldn't take out Prometheus, so I would say that Jinbei has a problem with fighting strong fire source.

Prometheus can't be hit with Haki, Ace can

17.jpg

#29 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:53 AM

Prometheus is bigger than Entei. Not to mention it's a much bigger target than Ace plus able to regen since the core is BM's soul is still there and BM, an Emperor, was riding it. Jinbe can give Ace some good punches whilst tanking/enduring Entei but he needs huge amount of water to stomp Prometheus

#30 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 04:29 PM

They were fight right next to the sea. Jimbei's main attacks are with water. Ace is literally made of fire. Although I can't say for sure, I'd wager Ace's fruit would be close to useless in terms of defense if he was soaked (like Crocodile's)

Jimbei had the advantage for sure. Prometheus was absurdly gigantic, like Entei size or bigger. Ace is not always Entei size.

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#31 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:12 AM

They were fight right next to the sea.

But they stay well within land LOL

#32 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:46 AM

But they stay well within land LOL

Well within as in so close to the sea you can see the small people's figures in WB's ship which is gigantic?

And how exactly would you know what went on for 5 days?

#33 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:30 AM

Well within as in so close to the sea you can see the small people's figures in WB's ship which is gigantic?

Do you have to be several kms into land? Your question makes no sense. If I live in a city bordering sea, just because my sea view from window is super clear doesn't make my statement ''I live well on land'' any wrong.

The point is it's not like Jinbe and Ace stood right next to the water body...they are as ''on land'' as the Marines soldiers on Marine Ford platform.

And how exactly would you know what went on for 5 days?

I don't. You're the one who claimed Jinbe used water and hence had advantage for sure just because they fought next to the sea. Don't forget what you said so fast and play the shift burden of proof game LOL

#34 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 11:47 AM

Do you have to be several kms into land? Your question makes no sense. If I live in a city bordering sea, just because my sea view from window is super clear doesn't make my statement ''I live well on land'' any wrong.

Well within implies far from the sea. 

If you can see a normal person's figure on a gigantic boat from your room window, you do not live well within the land. You live right next to the sea. Like literally a couple dozen meters away from the sea at best.

The point is it's not like Jinbe and Ace stood right next to the water body...they are as ''on land'' as the Marines soldiers on Marine Ford platform.

Actually, yes, they did stand right next to the water body. And in case you forgot, Jimbei used the sea on Marineford. He doesn't need to be underwater to use the sea water. He also proved that on the Sunny.

I don't. You're the one who claimed Jinbe used water and hence had advantage for sure just because they fought next to the sea. Don't forget what you said so fast and play the shift burden of proof game LOL

Jimbei's whole fighting style revolves around using water. I said they were close to the sea, so Jimbei has an advantage. That much is obvious. 

Unless you think a fishman who uses water as his main weapon is fighting a man who is his equal but is just refusing to use the sea which is a couple meters away from them

#35 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 12:32 PM

Well within implies far from the sea.

If you can see a normal person's figure on a gigantic boat from your room window, you do not live well within the land. You live right next to the sea. Like literally a couple dozen meters away from the sea at best.

That's well within land...

Actually, yes, they did stand right next to the water body.

Are you blind? There's a good deal of distance in between...

Jimbei used the sea on Marineford

When he still had water vs Moria zombie and to fly Luffy above siege. Once he actually fought he punched Moria and later used his body only vs Akainu and those attacked behind WB's back...

He doesn't need to be underwater to use the sea water. He also proved that on the Sunny.

On the Sunny?

Jimbei's whole fighting style revolves around using water.

So? The water in the air suddenly affects Ace because?

I said they were close to the sea, so Jimbei has an advantage. That much is obvious.

Unless you think a fishman who uses water as his main weapon is fighting a man who is his equal but is just refusing to use the sea which is a couple meters away from them

I'm close to bank. Doesn't mean I will take the money LOL You have some weird definition of obviousness.

I don't think. It's shown in the manga Jinbe collapsed on ground. So he ran to water and went back up so Ace can hurt him. Good to know! I don't know if he secretly has a lot of water to use but from what we have seen nothing indicates that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users