Posted 30 November 2018 - 03:43 AM

https://www.mangatai...ro-academia-208

#2 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,177 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:45 AM

Order of the day: class-B steamroll, 4 dishes, plz!

Everyone babysits so Katchan goes full rage mode. Old Dota strat in full glory LOL

• Asch and pyrogenic like this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#3 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:51 AM

Hey we got two double-page spreads this chapter. 

I think that's a good sign that Hori is getting better. 

• Raiden and Asch like this

#4 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,948 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 05:19 AM

Loved seeing Bakugou smash up his future waifu up both literally and figuratively. XD

Also good seeing him using teamwork, enabling his team to get the clean sweep for the win.

Hopefully this will shut up both Vlad and Monoma. They where getting way too cocky after a couple of borderline results.

Learn your place class 1B, you bunch of second rate scrubs.

#5 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,203 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:39 AM

BakuGOAT!!!!!!
  • Slimcoder likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#6 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,948 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 10:07 AM

BakuGOAT!!!!!!

Indeed he is awesome.

I liked seeing Kaminari and Kirishima cheering on their pal and seeing Bakugou prevail much to Monoma's chagrin.

Hopefully in the last match, both Monoma and Mineta get eliminated asap since they both suck and are garbage.

#7 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:54 PM

Seems I was right about the blood circulation stuff.

#8 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 30 November 2018 - 03:35 PM

I still hate Bakugo, but it was a good showing nonetheless. But I really just can't stand his aggressive attitude (and I will never forgive his bullying). Though you have to admit that this Class B Team didn't have anyone with a Power/Combat Quirk like Bakugo's.

• /2aw, Jekkusormi and Chillman like this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#9 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:00 PM

I was disappointed by how Tokage used her quirk. She doesn’t have good offensive capabilities, but she still could have been more flexible with her quirk. Why not use parts of her body to cover the opponents eyes and aid her teammates? Why completely exhaust your power by creating that sound distraction? I just felt she could have used her power smarter. She is easily the least impressive of the recommended students.

Bakugo....well, not much needs to be said lol. I like that he isn’t so much changing who he is but rather finding a different way to apply who he is so that those around him benefit too. Relying on his teammates is a welcome difference, however.

I got to say that sometimes the writing in this manga can be so heavy handed. The same sort of thing happened with Momo. “The thing I am trying to do with these characters, don’t you see it?!”. It could use more subtlety.

• JDG973 and Five-Tailed-Fenrir like this

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#10 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 04:35 PM

Hate the kid all you want, but the fact is Bakugou always delivers.

"Why is he so pissed?" best line in the chapter 

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#11 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,984 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:01 PM

Yeah, this wasn't a great showing for Class B. I guess the writer wanted to show how great and how much Bakugou had grown in that he was willing to work with his teammates, but that did come at the expense of having this Class B group some moments to shine unlike what has happened in the previous matches. Also the other Class A students in the group only got to play a supporting role, but we know what their abilities are so they didn't need to get much focus. It was a nice callback to the band they formed helping them get better at teamwork though.

But at least now we get to the final match with Deku. This has been the match I have been anticipating the most. It will either go two ways I think. Either Monoma will have a very strong showing and he and Deku will have a big battle that will act as the climax of the arc, or Monoma will be treated kind of as a joke character and not do a whole lot while this final match turns into Deku vs Shinso Round 2 and it will mainly focus on the two of them. Tough to tell what will happen. I like Monoma and hope that he gets to show off some since he has been maybe the most focused Class B student since they were introduced and has wanted to beat Class A for so long, so this is his opportunity finally, but I do sadly feel like this will probably mostly be Deku vs Shinso given how it was being set up with Deku's old OfA memories being touched on earlier before this arc started.

#12 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,177 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:02 AM

I was disappointed by how Tokage used her quirk. She doesn’t have good offensive capabilities, but she still could have been more flexible with her quirk. Why not use parts of her body to cover the opponents eyes and aid her teammates? Why completely exhaust your power by creating that sound distraction? I just felt she could have used her power smarter. She is easily the least impressive of the recommended students.

Well, Bakugou can just blow them away and the other 3 also have great attack moves to do the same, albeit less effective. I think it's just a matter of sticking to tactics. The idea is distracting Jiro with sound and so she stays faithful to that task. Plus I guess Bakugou's presence is just too much hence why class B starts with the mindset of avoiding him.

Her Quirk is also the least hax/powerful of the 4 so...

• Raiden likes this

#13 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:54 PM

Well, Bakugou can just blow them away and the other 3 also have great attack moves to do the same, albeit less effective. I think it's just a matter of sticking to tactics. The idea is distracting Jiro with sound and so she stays faithful to that task. Plus I guess Bakugou's presence is just too much hence why class B starts with the mindset of avoiding him.

Her Quirk is also the least hax/powerful of the 4 so...

It wouldn't have been that simple when they were dealing with the other members of Team B.  I'm saying she could have been supportive when her team was already engaging Team A.  

I understand what she was doing.  I just don't think she should have got to this point where it was causing her to reach her limit like that.  She could have split up enough of herself to do the diversion for Jiro and assist her teammates in other ways simultaneously.

It doesn't really matter that her quirk isn't hax or powerful.  Mudman's isn't exactly high in that regard either but he was excellent because of how he used it.  Heck, Kendo's is even worse in that regard and she was vital in her team's success. 

She just didn't use her Quirk well.  The link I posted above has Sero saying that too (i.e, her technique not being compatible with their strategy).

Edited by Ajh77, 05 December 2018 - 09:50 PM.

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#14 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,177 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:00 AM

It wouldn't have been that simple when they were dealing with the other members of Team B

The other 3 can be countered in the same way...

She could have split up enough of herself to do the diversion for Jiro and assist her teammates in other ways simultaneously.

She just didn't use her Quirk well. The link I posted above has Sero saying that too (i.e, her technique not being compatible with their strategy).

That's what my second-to-last sentence tries to explain. Besides technique not compatible to strategy =/= not using technique well though.

It doesn't really matter that her quirk isn't hax or powerful. Mudman's isn't exactly high in that regard either but he was excellent because of how he used it. Heck, Kendo's is even worse in that regard and she was vital in her team's success.

And their teammates are identical? O__o

Mudman is not high in that regard? What?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users