179 replies to this topic

#41 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 06:02 PM

Duuuuuude how hardcore was this??? He just kept on going for 3 days non-stop while drinking the demon's blood :D

But this kinda makes me think why Power wasn't more involved since she is a blood demon??

So I bet that in the outside no time has passed already, I think this was kind of a loop.

Aki and the boss-girl (forgot her name. Himaweno?) relationship is very good. I like how she openly demonstrates how she cares about him

#42 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 20 April 2019 - 07:51 AM

Ok, so what's the difference between Denji and Power devil shit?
Pusha T - Story of Adidon

#43 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:15 PM

Ok, so what's the difference between Denji and Power devil shit?

Denji is a human who fused with a Devil. Power is a Devil that has human form, right?

• Doan likes this

#44 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,377 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 10:25 AM

Chapter 20 is out:

https://readms.net/r/csm/020/5843/1

#45 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 02:25 PM

That ending was top. I wonder what will Denji do :lolxg:

#46 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 03:20 PM

Have a threesome, lol

#47 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 08:55 PM

https://readms.net/r/csm/21/5865/1

#48 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 07:17 AM

If people aren't reading this series, they seriously need to!

Move over Luffy, Naruto, Ichigo, Goku, and all the others. Denji is the true Shounen hero!

I laughed hard when she puked into his mouth :lolxg: :lolxg: :lolxg:

#49 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 05:33 AM

https://readms.net/r...5876/1?mobile=1

Whoa, No Way!

#50 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,377 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 08:04 AM

Man, that ending.

I just wonder if those guys that killed Makima are followers of the Gun Devil. If they aren't, I don't get why they attacked her for then.

#51 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 12:03 PM

You think she's really dead, maybe she has a contract with a devil? Just a thought

Edited by Doan, 18 May 2019 - 12:04 PM.

#52 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 01:30 PM

After reading "Fire punch", his previous work, there's no way Makima died.

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#53 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 06:30 PM

Nah I think Makima is too relevant to stay dead already. She must have some kind of contract.

The other dude though is dead for sure.

I enjoy Denji more and more each chapter. He's so human and down to earth. He's learning like a teenager, but not as the usual angsty teens or super excited MC, like a normal dude. Making plans with a friend to change hook-ups. Wondering how the rest of his kisses will be like since he's 16 and that's what he thinks about.

Really enjoy him!

#54 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,377 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 08:46 AM

Nah I think Makima is too relevant to stay dead already. She must have some kind of contract.
The other dude though is dead for sure.

I enjoy Denji more and more each chapter. He's so human and down to earth. He's learning like a teenager, but not as the usual angsty teens or super excited MC, like a normal dude. Making plans with a friend to change hook-ups. Wondering how the rest of his kisses will be like since he's 16 and that's what he thinks about.
Really enjoy him!

What relevance, Makima is just a minor character at best. All her role is being Denki's boss and possible love interest. Tbh, I personally much prefer Power over Makima as being Denki's main love interest due to Denki's fun interactions with her.

If Makima is dead, then her boss role could easily be replaced by Aki tbh.

Not to mention, that Makima has only been in the story for about five or six chapters max. So no, she is hardly all that relevant to the story as you claim and is easily replaceable imo.

#55 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 12:57 PM

What relevance, Makima is just a minor character at best. All her role is being Denki's boss and possible love interest. Tbh, I personally much prefer Power over Makima as being Denki's main love interest due to Denki's fun interactions with her.

If Makima is dead, then her boss role could easily be replaced by Aki tbh.

Not to mention, that Makima has only been in the story for about five or six chapters max. So no, she is hardly all that relevant to the story as you claim and is easily replaceable imo.

Are we reading the same manga? She appeared in the very first chapter..

But I think there's more to her. If she died right here, the pact that Denji made with eye-patch girl would be pointless (which might be, I just don't think this is the case). You saying "All her role is being Denki's boss and possible love interest" is pretty significant on a 20 chapter manga. It means she has a considerable important role. And you're ignoring the fact that she was the one that rescued and saved Denji, so she's not "only" that.

I think it's too soon to eliminate her, but hey, let's see.

• Chillman likes this

#56 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,142 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:46 PM

Finally got around to reading this after trying the first chapter when it came out and I really like it. It feels very different to a typical Jump series, which is kind of nice. Though the idea of the Fire Punch author writing a Jump series is kind of crazy, but he has done a good job balancing the things he is known for, like extreme violence and bizarre situations, with what he is allowed to do in Jump. The recent chapter and Denji's battle with the eternal devil being examples of this. Also Denji's character as a lead is interesting too. He kind of reminds me of an Ikki from AG or other Oh Great characters with his dumbness and his simple "motivations" for things, but clearly being a good guy overall despite the rough edges. You don't see too many MCs like that. Although Power might be my favorite just for those scenes where she tries to lie or acts like a child with her ideas of getting what she wants, haha. 

Also I really like how the world is being built. The devils' power being based on fear is interesting. Like how guns are obviously very scary so the Gun Devil is incredibly powerful, but like a shoe devil would be kind of weak. There is a lot of things you can do with that as an idea. Like a devil based off darkness, thunder/lightning, public speaking, or other big fears creating strong devils. 

As for the new chapter I really don't know what to think. Fire Punch makes me think that there will be more than typical twist with Makima just being alive. Obviously she has an important role in the series given how much of Denji's motivation is built around her, as well as Aki having some deeper connection to her too, so I don't think she is gone for good but I can see this "version" of Makima being dead or she will have some very unexpected ability that helps her here. You figure she has some powerful contract with a devil given how scared Power is of her, but I don't know. 

#57 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:19 AM

The c team is officially dead

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#58 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:37 PM

https://readms.net/r/csm/23/5893/1

#59 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:44 PM

Still ain't buying it, Fire Punch has made me think sceptical about everyone who he "kills" off.

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#60 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 07:04 AM

... Damn.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users