174 replies to this topic

#141 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,140 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 18 September 2019 - 06:33 AM

Enjoyed this chapter, but I am a bit surprised at how quickly the building raid ended. I guess they accomplished their goals in capturing the snake and sword, but it happened a lot faster than I expected. Although Snake being killed off or committing suicide after being caught I did not expect. I thought they would have more use for her character, but I guess she broke some contract and that was the end for her.

The scene where Denji and Aki gleefully have a contest by kicking Sword in the balls was fantastic. It really highlights just the massive swings in tone for the series that I like. You have this serious scene or chapter, and then in the next one you have a scene like that. Just a lot of fun, haha. I have no idea what happens to the Sword guy now. Interesting to learn they collected enough of the Gun Devil's parts to get them to start to move to his location.

And it seems the series did the classic "MC has a locked away power" route. A bit like Naruto I guess, but I like how the dream world was just this run down shack like what Denji grew up in. It was touching to see how much he cares about Pochita and wanted to hug him even if it was just a dream.Still, that whole look of the door with the eye in the middle was creepy.

Finally the end reveal up Power's new "upgrade" was great, lol. Especially her reaction. I wonder if that is going to be her permanent look or if she will revert back to her normal one after using up her energy.

#142 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:25 PM

Chapter 39 is out:

https://readms.net/r/csm/039/6189/1
  • Doan likes this

#143 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 05:41 PM

Ok, so the first part clearly shows, by Power's scared face, that Makima is doing something evil to her...

On a more complex level, it dwelled into the relationship between Denji and Makima, while addressing that they're still both humans and have feelings.

I enjoyed it

#144 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,140 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:52 AM

Nice relaxing chapter. Just like in Fire Punch it looks like the author likes to use movies and theaters as an actual plot tool. It was a nice way to carry on the themes of Denji wondering if he has a heart and is human still. Him and Makima both crying at the same movie was interesting as well as her reassuring him that he is still human. Still not sure what to make of Makima's character if she is evil or not. Clearly she seems to have emotion with her reaction to the movie, but Denji's teacher calling her a liar and if she is on humanity's side were telling.

Also poor Power. I guess her new horns are only going to be temporary after whatever methods they use to drain her blood, and I guess the Shark devilman must have some pass history with the Chainsaw devil for him to react the way he did to Denji, lol.

#145 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 05:34 PM

Chapter 40 is out:

https://readms.net/r/csm/40/6224/1

#146 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 28 September 2019 - 08:54 PM

Lmao this quickly turned into a RomCom

#147 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 02:28 AM

I liked Denji's interactions with this coffee shop girl.

I am just wondering if this girl is gonna get killed off though since the Gun Devil and his cronies are targeting Denji and anyone associated with him.

The only thing I disliked about the chapter was that Shark devil man, to me he comes across as an overly annoying and clingy fanboy of Denji tbh.

#148 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 04:21 PM

Denji is one of the best MC because he's just like a regular guy. Give him a bit of affection and he'll get a crush on anyone :lolxg:

Still, the girl feels like super relevant. Notice how she mentions that Denji looks like her dead dog (any relation to Pochita?).

• Tokoya likes this

#149 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,140 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 04 October 2019 - 12:11 AM

I like how simple Denji is. Starts the chapter saying Makima is the only one he will fall for, and ends it by falling for another girl instantly. Also liked how the shark devilman just follows him around now and got excited when it started raining.

I guess I can see it going two ways. Either the girl is going to die tragically probably in the next arc and her introduction here was used to pull at Denji's emotions and have him react to a tragic loss, or she is secretly a devil or contracted with  a devil and her encounter with Denji wasn't a coincidence. Her saying that he reminded her of her dead dog made me think of Pochita, but it was probably just referencing how Denji is doglike in appearance and following orders. Similar to how Power is catlike. Pochita was with Denji for years so it would be strange for her to react suddenly like that as if it was a recent loss.

#150 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 08:59 AM

Chapter 41 is out:

https://readms.net/r/csm/041/6232/1
  • Doan likes this

#151 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 04 October 2019 - 02:01 PM

Denji and that girl actually got genuine chemistry. Its actually kind of nice. With that being said she’s definitely going to die

Edited by PunkHazard, 05 October 2019 - 11:00 PM.

#152 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 05:33 PM

Wow wow wow wow wow Devil-angel is a boy????

For me this chapter was lacking a certain.... Power :heehee:

#153 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:13 PM

Chapter 42 is out:

https://readms.net/r/csm/042/6253/1
  • Doan likes this

#154 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 11:43 PM

I can straight up read a series of Denji in a slice of life genre.

#155 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 05:09 PM

This can go one of two ways:

- the girl is human, and she's dead.

- the girl is a demon, and the killer is dead.

Either way, Denji is about to have a rough night.

Still, that part where he again pledges his love for Makima and is undressed in the next panel. Priceless. For the laughs I got from that, I can handle the emotional trauma this manga gives me

#156 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,140 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:19 AM

How old is Reze supposed to be? She was studying but didn't have a uniform so I guess college age?

I really am not sure which way to guess on who or what Reze is. I guess she supposed to be an inverse of what Makima is. That Town vs Country mouse dynamic. Both human but one represents excitement and the other peace. I think that mouse story was what Aki's family was reading to his brother in his flashback too.

Still, something does feel off about her. After knowing Denji a week she wanted to take him to a school at night and stripped in front of him to go swimming. She feels a bit too comfortable with him. She also seems oddly concerned with his well being and background for not knowing him that well given she was talking about how the bureau was using him. They aren't necessarily bad things, but just suspicious. Maybe she has some history with the bureau.

Then on the other hand she is working a normal job, she is apparently going to school because she was studying, and she seems to behave like a normal person in general when you look at how the other devils and devilmen act. So she seems to be human. Maybe she will die here and she was only introduced to have Denji to start question Makima's control. Would be interesting if the shark devilman shows up and saves her, lol.

I still think about what she said when they met about Denji reminding her of her dog. I wonder if she, or someone she knew, had a contract with the chainsaw devil before Denji met him which is why she feels drawn to him.

• Doan likes this

#157 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:00 PM

Chapter 43 is out:

https://readms.net/r/csm/043/6266/1

#158 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 02:37 PM

Ok, she's strong! Nice!

And also a devil KGB spy of some sort. But that's ok. And aside from her personal objectives, she's right about Denji being explored...

#159 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,140 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 24 October 2019 - 09:05 PM

That opening colored page with Denji imagining the different characters in "sexy" poses was funny. I really do like how simple he is. Also did not expect Reze to have green eyes. That really stood out on the color page.

It does look like Reze is maybe some KGB/Russian counter to whatever Makima is for the Bureau. How she went from screaming like a normal girl to a cold blooded killer in the blink of an eye was interesting. Also the typhoon devil being scared or wary of her was a surprise. I guess she must have some connection to the Gun Devil then if the typhoon devil was taking orders from her. Unless the typhoon devil wasn't working for the Gun Devil and just wanted to get the Chainsaw's heart because it was valuable maybe. Although I've kind of changed my mind about her possibly being worried about Denji. I think it is all an act now. Poor Denji.

#160 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 25 October 2019 - 05:53 AM

I love the suspense of the chapter 44, I love it very much. You never know what happen next.

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users