• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:31 AM

http://www.batoto.ne..._ak-scanlations

I feel sorry for Yao, a little

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#22 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

The newest chapters seemed kind of smashed together with everything they wanted to put into it, I'd like it if they slowed down some and didn't rush everything the way they have been lately.

But hey, more fantasy girls with the Angel/Harpy.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#23 Zoro

Zoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

Like the way Itami thinks, he is very idealistic in his approach unlike the shonen tropes

yea the recent chapters seems a bit rushed, but i feel the author is branching out various subplots

Tuka's father

Dark Elf

Mafia and underworld

plus the eventual conquer of Capital

#24 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

Like the way Itami thinks, he is very idealistic realistic in his approach unlike the shonen tropes

yea the recent chapters seems a bit rushed, but i feel the author is branching out various subplots

Tuka's father

Dark Elf

Mafia and underworld

plus the eventual conquer of Capital

Fixed it

qhz8b56l.png

#25 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

Looks like peace negotiations went down the drain. Think this was the plan of the Prince all along? Kuribayashi kicked ass with just her bayonet. So of course once she opened fire those smocks wouldn't stand a chance. This was the perfect place to display just what the weapons can do, right in front of the King and a smug Prince. Close to 10 people all taken down by a single person. Pinya tried to warn them but they didn't want to listen to her. To think even now that asshat of a Prince would still look down on them. I really do hope Pinya decides to say f the Empire.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#26 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

They've taken to showing off her impressive assets more often. But damn if her sadistic side isn't fun to watch beat the shit out of that Prince. Yeah, not much hope for peace negotiations now. Between beating the crap out of the prince to threatening the King just made things worst. I can see why the two freaked out after getting out of the building. Still, surprised the Rabbit Girl wanted to protect the Prince. But the King was pretty damn stupid to try and pressure them into surrendering. And that little wake up call should make him realize how screwed he is right now.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#27 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

No idea why the King acted like that.... 1 Female vs Guard= Guard got massacard and ran away.  He doesn't realize that peace was for his benifit..........

#28 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

Yeah, he seems rather clueless unless they have something up their sleeve, which at this point can only be magic or something similar. I was actually expecting the King's trump card to show up when they showed that an airstrike was going in.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#29 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

Seem like magic is limited in this word and not OP like Naruto. If magic was that convient, I think they would have a party to go hunt that dragon rather then as being scared. They'll still be scare, but not at the level they are now. 

#30 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

I'm not saying it is something they have around all the time; only something they save up for big occasions, and fighting a war like this would be such an occasion. You really don't think they'd have something like a powerful wizard or another person like Rory that could help them? This big grand kingdom? I do think the king was foolish to push them right after seeing what they can do first hand but I don't think he is foolish enough to just make an empty bluff without something to back it, other wise this whole series would be one big lopsided battle not worth reading.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#31 Shinkaru

Shinkaru

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts
  • LocationOne step closer to Despair

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

Just read the first chapter and I had to facepalm. The king of the other world saying they are taking their lands when the ones doing the invasion is them?

What kind of messed up logic is that?

As for the manga, is it worth I continue? Doesn't seem that fun just by the first chapter, does the story get any deeper than just invade for invading sake? 

Gonna continue for a bit to see, but the comments in Batoto just keep aclaiming this to be one big circle jerk of JSDF's army. Not that big of an army fan but I'll give it a go anyways.

Spoiler The meaning of life

#32 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

The King calling the JSDF invaders is nothing more then Propaganda meant to keep his own country painted in a good light, wouldn't do to say "hey we brought this on ourselves when we went through the gate and tried to conquer them and got bent over a barrel instead." Not really messed up logic, just something expected. Case in point, Russia doesn't think it invaded the Ukraine when it went into Crimea or other areas of the Ukraine the way it did, but to many around the world it was an Invasion. This is exactly what the People of the Gate were doing until they arrived in Japan.

The manga is pretty good, a lot of the fun comes as the series goes along and you learn more about the Main Character, Itami is a pretty cool guy, and see his team and what they do while in the Gate. If the series is guilty of painting a favorable picture of the Army or Japan as a whole it isn't much different from most series that do similar things when some what based in reality.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#33 Shinkaru

Shinkaru

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:32 AM

I suppose that's logical, but the citizens don't get suspicious as to why thousands of their soldiers keep getting sent over just to not return and by the third chapter he was planning on sending more?

That king is quite stubborn or just stupid o.O

So far I'm liking the characters, right now at the army base they are taking care of the ones that got attacked by the ancient dragon. But it is worrying how they will keep this up without any other intentions, the guy with the glasses just saying to exploit their trust doesn't fit well with me, if they are from another place with no correlation with their world they should be left like that, it just seems better to destroy the gate at this point and avoid  the bloodshed. But seeing how the king over there is it could just be for the best to help them.

Still makes me laugh every time I read his daughter's name, Piña Colada? That hit me hard xD

#34 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

I can only imagine that the citizens that matter don't know the whole truth, but the ones in outlying areas are more likely to know the truth, which is what I say Pina represents.

Destroying the Gate sounds like a good idea but there is problem a hidden agenda, with how land locked and limited in resources Japan is, they could use a land potentially rich in resources like the Gate once things settle down some.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#35 Shinkaru

Shinkaru

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

And just caught up. It really pisses me off when there's a character like the prince. Piña can't be blamed for not knowing since most of those things happen and she has no position to be told of them anyways. But this way it brings leeway to fight off the dragon at the elf village. 

Also, that poor bunny woman is still being tricked and tried to protect the prince since it meant her village's downfall (even though they are already dead) if he died, that pissed me even more.

Now in character development the author does a nice job, I like Ruri the most out the girls so far  :isee:

PS: Still mad, gonna have problems sleeping tonight thinking of that bastard...

Edited by Shinkaru, 02 April 2014 - 06:31 AM.

#36 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:03 AM

But just think, Harukawa punished him some, not nearly enough of course since she didn't shoot his balls off but it's a start.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#37 Shinkaru

Shinkaru

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:33 AM

Yup, didn't sleep well, woke up a bit late. Still feel tired as **** xD

Even with all that punishment what I wanted most was for those "slaves" of his to be set free, far away from him and back to their homes. The sight of them being dragged like things without a care and being choked didn't help my head forget that bast*tard.

If only castration was involved as well then maybe I'd feel a bit better.

Edited by Shinkaru, 02 April 2014 - 06:34 AM.

#38 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,539 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

There will probably be more comeuppance heading his way soon

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#39 Shinkaru

Shinkaru

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:37 AM

Spoiler

• Vl731 likes this

#40 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

Tuka is neglecting too much her father's death and right now she is either gonna snap or go into a really huge depressed state.

I wouldn't call that Neglecting, but rather unable to face her trauma. It not easy accepting the fact everyone you know is dead. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users