Q: All the characters of “Yonkou Officer” class have very high bounties. Do their bounties ever go up simply for the reason that they are the Officer of XX? P.N. Rice LOVE
Oda: Yes yes, that totally happens. After the Dressrosa incident, all the people involved with the Straw Hat Crew got a flat 50 million increase. The crew members’ bounties often increase with their captain. This is because it is actually fairly difficult to appraise the strength of each individual person and assign a money value to them.
- Bartolomeo Independent 150,000,000
- Bellamy Independent 195,000,000
- Caribou Independent 210,000,000
- Squardo Yonkou affiliated 210,000,000
- Fisher Tiger Independent 230,000,000
- Jinbe Independent 250,000,000
- Cavendish Independent 280,000,000
- Kuma Independent 296,000,000
- Bege Yonkou affiliated 300,000,000
- Caesar Clown Independent 300,000,000
- Moria Independent 320,000,000
- Hawkins Independent 320,000,000
- Pekoms Yonkou crewmember 330,000,000 non-captain
- Doflamingo Independent 340,000,000
- Apoo Independent 350,000,000
- Pedro Independent 382,000,000
- Tamago Yonkou crewmember 429,000,000 non-captain
- Jinbe Yonkou affiliated 438,000,000
- Law Independent 440,000,000
- Kidd Independent 475,000,000
- Weevil Independent 480,000,000
- Enel Independent 500,000,000
- Chinjao Independent 550,000,000
- Oars Jr Yonkou affiliated 550,000,000
- Sabo Revo 602,000,000
So, after the SBS in volume 91 more or less confirmed that the crewmembers of a Yonkou suffer to some extent from bounty inflation simply be association with that Yonkou, I think it is worth considering how severe this bounty inflation is and under what circumstances we should find a bounty impressive.
In the above list, I added bounties based on a few criteria:
- New World experience (excludes the old SN bounties)
- Independence (is or would be a captain or is not subordinated to an organization or a Yonkou)
- 200m+ bounty
Obviously, I've only loosely followed these criteria just so the list includes points of comparison.
I think a glance at it suffices to establish that that some of the most notorious and fearsome people in the world don't seem to need and and do not have bounties even close to the bounties we've been seeing from the BM Pirates. We have bounties for the majority of the Shichibukai and some of the Supernovas, and most of these seem to fall between the 200-400m range, with some (Kidd, Weevil, Law) being even higher.
We also have seen individuals, for instance, Doflamingo, who seem strong enough to fight and possibly even beat the stronger Yonkou officers, despite gigantic bounty differences. Luffy, after beating Doffy, had a bounty that was a mere 500,000,000 and proceeded to beat Cracker and Katakuri shortly afterwards. It's possible that the Marines were underestimating him and the bounty was lower than he deserved, but on the other hand, he might have gotten that bounty because defeating Doffy indicated he was very strong (and Doffy was seen as a counterbalancing force to the Yonkou).
Tamago and Pekoms, both with gigantic bounties, don't seem to deserve them. Pedro didn't seem to have much difficulty fighting Tamago (iirc) and Pekoms even in Sulong was a bit of a non-entity. Would they have gotten bounties that high without being Big Mom's subordinates? The same for people like Snack, Perospero and the Sweet Commanders... would they have bounties nearly as high if they were independent, or would they have bounties similar to Luffy's and Weevil's?
We also have some hints that the Yonkou Officers don't see that much action against powerful pirates. Katakuri wasn't used to fighting people on Luffy's level and confessed to being annoyed at least once and Cracker doesn't seem to have fought anyone who was capable of breaking his armor. Similarly, it seems that the abilities of the Whitebeard Pirates were known to the Marines by reputation rather than direct experience. Finally, we have Jack repeatedly overestimating his own capabilities in the latest arcs (which culminates in his insane attack on Doffy's escort).
Finally, we have Sabo (who, to be fair, might suffer from the same case of bounty inflation, but arguably doesn't) defeating Burgess very quickly, who, following the pattern of other Yonkou Officers, ought to have a bounty much higher than Sabo's.
It seems (though it is far from clear) that a 500m bounty or above is very good for an independent pirate and this may well be as impressive or equivalent to bounty approximating a billion for someone in a Yonkou's crew. I guess it'll become clearer the more bounties are revealed, but... Eneru hype.
Edited by Tale, 03 December 2018 - 01:48 PM.