#21 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • Location, Location, Location

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:47 AM

He didn't. After getting his heart back, Caesar left from group

Ah I see. Well if he shows back up in the plot, then I'd be okay with people considering him.

#22 Diablo26283

Diablo26283

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:24 AM

First: sorry for my englisch if i wrote something wrong 

To Carrot: Well, like some of the previous speakers, I'm assuming that Pedros dead and his words to Carrot will make her join Ruffy's Crew
The New Dawn or the New Beginning (equal rights of all races and peace with each other) can only reach the Straw Hat Crew.
In addition, she is a good scout for the lookout and her power in the Sulong mode will certainly be used permanently by Choppers research.

Now to Tama: Ace gave her already with 4 years the promise that he takes her with him, if she becomes a real Kunoichi (female Ninja). Luffy knows about the story and gave her during the plot already his straw hat which is hinted by Oda for the next Nakama. Ruffy gave it directly to Nami and Robin sat on it herself.
In addition, Tama has the ability to tame monsters. As a result, the lion joined Tama.

Last Vivi: Vivi is a full straw hat for me. She was listed in the SBS as a member number 5.5 during the time of Alabasta and was now confirmed in the Vivre Cards as 13 and last member. What's happening at the moment on the reverie we can only imagine, but what Im-Sama says , he will destroying/ kill the light of hope / and holding the image of Vivi speaks volumes to me. In addition, Luffy and Co and Vivi have made the promise with the X Mark, if they see another again then she is back to the party / crew.

Possible Jobs on the ship:

Carrot: Lookout and Defender

Tama: Ninja and Monster Tamer

Vivi: Pirate Princess and Diplomat

o8vsipi2.jpg

• Raiden, AndrewR5D4 and Abaroxa like this

#23 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 04:59 PM

@Diablo26283 you get my vote for mentioning Vivi-sama. She doesn't get the respect she deserves. I like the diplomatic role but that wouldn't really be a pirate role.

As for Tama and carrot. I don't know, they might join but carrot hasn't appeared at all in wano act 1 or 2. All of the SH and RS have active roles in this arc but carrot is clearly not part of it. Tama is just too young, even for one piece standards.

#24 Diablo26283

Diablo26283

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:16 AM

Carrot will come back in he Wano Arc . She is the only Mink dressed in new Clothes like the other Strawhats and important Characters. If Its Full Moon evry Crew Member of the Straw Hats see her power and Luffy is exited/flashed . Her Vivre Card have a different shade of green like Pedro .

She will be coming back  :D

#25 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:06 AM

Carrot will come back in he Wano Arc . She is the only Mink dressed in new Clothes like the other Strawhats and important Characters. If Its Full Moon evry Crew Member of the Straw Hats see her power and Luffy is exited/flashed . Her Vivre Card have a different shade of green like Pedro .

She will be coming back :D

Yeah but the different shade makes people think she's secretly a member of the beast pirates. The beast pirates have a deep green card which makes Carrot's card look like a mix between the Mink and Beast cards. There's a pretty big theory surrounding it. Not saying that I buy it but if you're going go use the Vivre cards, it's not only good news there.

That aside, she wasn't at the meeting when all the Strawhats gathered. You'd think if Oda thought she was part of the group, she'd be there for that important discussion.

Edited by Nintendocat, 09 September 2019 - 08:16 AM.

#26 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,557 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:42 AM

Some crap went down with Vivi at the Reverie. Assuming she's alive, it's definitely gonna be her. 

#27 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:55 AM

As much as I love Vivi, I don't think she brings enough to the group to join for real. Remember that she has to be able to fight in the New World. She wasn't much of a fighter in the first place. Would she just sit to the side every fight or be a damsel in distress character? You might be able to say that she might have trained in the 2 years but why would she when her priority was her country and her father.
  • Raiden likes this

#28 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 May 2020 - 12:56 PM

As much as I love Vivi, I don't think she brings enough to the group to join for real. Remember that she has to be able to fight in the New World. She wasn't much of a fighter in the first place. Would she just sit to the side every fight or be a damsel in distress character? You might be able to say that she might have trained in the 2 years but why would she when her priority was her country and her father.

agreed, i see 0 upside in vivi staying with the others, especially since she would completely turn her back on her own country, which needs a governor and while others could do that job for her i see no way she will be able to help against the powerhouses of a yonkous crew, which are the enemies that they have to face. Noone needs a damsel in distress when they already have a lot of powerhouses to fight themselfs.

I still hope it wont be Carrot. She brings nothing to the crew. We already have Chopper AND Jinbei as "animals" and both r better.

Still am waiting for CC to be shown again and what he's up to. I mean where will he hide? The marines surely are still looking out for him right?

Croc also needs to reappear just as Moria does. I aint sure whether Moria truly joined BB, i doubt he did, especially when considering what BB did to Absalom. The BB crew getting the shadow fruit would be nice, but i rather have Moria in Wano. The Shs still needs powerful allies when they want to defeat 2 yonkous and Moria aint a pushover. I am still under the impression he used his shadow switch technique in order to get away, but lets just wait and see. 

Moreover i am wondering why Oda choose to show Moria in "detail" during the Reverie arc but did not give us much about Croc. Croc is far more popular irrc? Croc just bad**s. Still one of my favs. 

My NN list still remains as it was: Aokiji, CC, Croc (allied fleet captain, since he aint working under another, but still wants revenge on the WG), Hancock (allies fleet captain), with jinbei i (and many others) was right, mayhaps Law, Sabo.

Unlike others i can honestly see Aokiji joinging near the end. Depends on what the WG will do in their great cleansing.

Other possible allies: WB remnants, RA remnants, Buggy (just to safe his skin)

Edited by capu, 17 May 2020 - 12:58 PM.

#29 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 01:56 PM

Moreover i am wondering why Oda choose to show Moria in "detail" during the Reverie arc but did not give us much about Croc. Croc is far more popular irrc? Croc just bad**s. Still one of my favs.

He showed Moria because it was revelvant to the future plot, of course. Croc might still show up later but he's just not connected to setting up that plotline. Personally, I think Moria was brought back more to have Perona move to the New World rather than actually wanting to focus on Moria. There was no real reason to separate Perona from Moria if she was just going to end back up with him with no conflict. Yes, someone needed to be on the island to treat Zoro's wounds but Oda could have just as easily made a caretaker type character to do that. I'm not saying Perona's going to join the Strawhats just yet, I'd want to actually see another update to see what's happened since she left Mihawk's. I'm just saying Oda purposely separated Perona from Moria, had her interact with Zoro thus giving her a strong connection to him, then announced Moria's reappearance so that she could leave before the conflict against the Shichibukai so that she could go into the New World to look for Moria. I suppose it's possible that the newspaper could have told where Blackbeard's hideout is and she could just stroll in there and, if Moria sided with Blackbeard, just join up without any conflict but that seems like a pointless and roundabout thing to do when he could have just not had Perona separated and get the same end result.

#30 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,557 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 May 2020 - 02:31 PM

Now that you mention it... I imagine whatever happened to her will ultimately result in the Straw Hats getting involved in the final war with the World Government. As of now, they have absolutely no reason to butt in, regardless of what's written on the last Poneglyph. Vivi is basically the plot device that will bring Hell to the World Government in the form of a giant fleet led by the new Pirate King! 

#31 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:51 PM

Yeah that's exactly it. At this point in the plot, any involvement with Vivi and the Strawhats will be a one-off thing towards the climax of the series rather than the usual ongoing adventure. I mean, we don't know how much is left anyway. Oda claims that it should be 5 years which I'll believe when I see it since he's at the pace of maybe 2 arcs in that time.

#32 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:52 AM

Now that you mention it... I imagine whatever happened to her will ultimately result in the Straw Hats getting involved in the final war with the World Government. As of now, they have absolutely no reason to butt in, regardless of what's written on the last Poneglyph. Vivi is basically the plot device that will bring Hell to the World Government in the form of a giant fleet led by the new Pirate King! 

Well i am fairly certain the reason for the war with the WG will be Robin rather than Vivi. And Vivi already has focus now, i doubt the WG would let her leave, if IM truly wants her dead, just kill her now instead of letting her escape just to get to her later on. Im already has set his mind on her now, so why not use the Reverie as oppotunity and why leave the enemy another chance? 

Edited by capu, 19 May 2020 - 07:55 AM.

#33 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 May 2020 - 04:09 PM

Still hope for a powerhouse to join. As it currently stands no powerhouse seems remotely likely imo (unless some semi-powerhouse like Law joining, who would need to loose his crew beforehand, and whom does not really seem that likely, considering how he views the SHs (as idiots)). Noone that currently seems an option has the power needed to join, to actually be a good addition. Not even when talking about certain roles that are a big increase in overall strategy, like a ruler/warmongler/war-veteran who knows how to actually plan a battle against someone like the WG. Of course Sabo has experience but currently he seems to far away to make sense to join during/shortly after Wano. Imo the Shs really need someone strong, despite the fact that they just got Jinbei, i mean honestly just think of how Luffy and Zoro are still acting even when in enemy territory, they will never use their brain and always run into traps. Sanji has totally lost it too, he does not use his brain either. Jinbei really helps here, but he alone cant handle 3 complete morons.

Ahh if only Croc or Aokiji would have allied with the Shs.... they aint retarded. 

Edited by capu, 30 May 2020 - 04:10 PM.

#34 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,716 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:45 AM

agreed, i see 0 upside in vivi staying with the others, especially since she would completely turn her back on her own country, which needs a governor and while others could do that job for her i see no way she will be able to help against the powerhouses of a yonkous crew, which are the enemies that they have to face. Noone needs a damsel in distress when they already have a lot of powerhouses to fight themselfs.

I still hope it wont be Carrot. She brings nothing to the crew. We already have Chopper AND Jinbei as "animals" and both r better.

Still am waiting for CC to be shown again and what he's up to. I mean where will he hide? The marines surely are still looking out for him right?

Croc also needs to reappear just as Moria does. I aint sure whether Moria truly joined BB, i doubt he did, especially when considering what BB did to Absalom. The BB crew getting the shadow fruit would be nice, but i rather have Moria in Wano. The Shs still needs powerful allies when they want to defeat 2 yonkous and Moria aint a pushover. I am still under the impression he used his shadow switch technique in order to get away, but lets just wait and see.

My NN list still remains as it was: Aokiji, CC, Croc (allied fleet captain, since he aint working under another, but still wants revenge on the WG), Hancock (allies fleet captain), with jinbei i (and many others) was right, mayhaps Law, Sabo.
Unlike others i can honestly see Aokiji joinging near the end. Depends on what the WG will do in their great cleansing.

Other possible allies: WB remnants, RA remnants, Buggy (just to safe his skin)

I personally don't get all your hate for Carrot, she is a good character that interacts well with the rest of the crew. I don'tind if she joined the crew tbh.

Tbh, bunnies are criminally underrated in both mangas and games.

Go read the Seven Swords arc from Soukyuu Ariadne which is from chapters 62 to 75 btw, where Hazan - a bunny rabbit character just kicked the ass of one the Seven Swords members, McGarrick.

Who btw, is one of the strongest villains currently in that series despite the fact Hazan that lost both of his hands during the fight with McGarrick

Earlier in that very same arc, another Seven Swords member - Rockwell - McGarrick's companion just defeated the mc, Lacile and his whole party.

Or go play Final Fantasy XII, imo Fran - another bunny like character - is awesome. My second favourite character from that game after Balthier.
  • Raiden likes this

#35 Locormus

Locormus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationBehind bars..

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:19 AM

Honestly, at this point.. It's all just about the character interactions for me. And the interactions between Carrot and the rest of the group are good enough for me to be perfectly fine with her joining. And yes, we already have a character that literally transforms as a power, but I think that Carrot's fighting-style (buzzclaws and sulong) is different enough to warrant a place in the crew.

I'm not expecting every StrawHat to get a one on one in the end. Chopper and Carrot can double up on an enemy, both transform fully (I'm betting that eventually Sulong will have a second mode that's more sustainable (I mean Monster Point was dangerous at first as well) and change the tide of the battle they're in.

This is not unheard of as even Sanji and Jinbe doubled-up during Fishmen Island. Not that they really had to exert themselves all that much, but the fact that they did is enough to set a precedent: especially when considering that it might be the only way the weaker crewmembers can get valuable wins in the end.

I'm kind of iffy on having Tama on board as a crewmember. Yes, other crews have children on board as well, like Candy and Whitebeard literally sailed the seas with Oden's infants on board, but I don't see her getting into fights at all - even if her skillset is interesting.

@Baks The Fire-starter of the latest generation of Pokémon Games is also a bunny and isn't a slouch either. If anything, bunnies are all the rage at this point.

Edited by Locormus, 11 June 2020 - 08:20 AM.

• Raiden likes this

#36 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,716 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:46 AM

I think Tama is just gonna be a friend of the crew - more specifically Luffy's.

I don't see Tama joining the crew at all, she is just way too young for starters not to mention she doesn't really have special abilities or powers.

About the new pokemon games, I personally haven't played them yet. For the simple reason is that I don't own a Switch yet.

#37 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 June 2020 - 06:10 AM

I personally don't get all your hate for Carrot, she is a good character that interacts well with the rest of the crew. I don'tind if she joined the crew tbh.

Tbh, bunnies are criminally underrated in both mangas and games.

Go read the Seven Swords arc from Soukyuu Ariadne which is from chapters 62 to 75 btw, where Hazan - a bunny rabbit character just kicked the ass of one the Seven Swords members, McGarrick.

Who btw, is one of the strongest villains currently in that series despite the fact Hazan that lost both of his hands during the fight with McGarrick

Earlier in that very same arc, another Seven Swords member - Rockwell - McGarrick's companion just defeated the mc, Lacile and his whole party.

Or go play Final Fantasy XII, imo Fran - another bunny like character - is awesome. My second favourite character from that game after Balthier.

She is boring as hell and does nothing that other SHs acutally cant do, thus she contributes nothing to the crew expect more idiocy and foolishness.  

And sry for sounding a bit off here (not my intention, but cant find the words to describe it differently), but i will never take a rabbit serious. Thus i see no reason to start reading those manga, if a rabbit character is made out to be a true villian. For me that just makes it impossible to find any interest in that manga. Sry but things like that just make me wanna puke (not trying to offend u, i simply want u to realise that for me as a person certain criteria to take a villiant serious (or see him/her as a serious threat) need to be fulfilled, otherwise i simply cant manage to care enough about it, to actually feel a certain lvl of interest for a villian and being a rabbit truly aint one of those criteria).

Honestly, at this point.. It's all just about the character interactions for me. And the interactions between Carrot and the rest of the group are good enough for me to be perfectly fine with her joining. And yes, we already have a character that literally transforms as a power, but I think that Carrot's fighting-style (buzzclaws and sulong) is different enough to warrant a place in the crew.

I'm not expecting every StrawHat to get a one on one in the end. Chopper and Carrot can double up on an enemy, both transform fully (I'm betting that eventually Sulong will have a second mode that's more sustainable (I mean Monster Point was dangerous at first as well) and change the tide of the battle they're in.

This is not unheard of as even Sanji and Jinbe doubled-up during Fishmen Island. Not that they really had to exert themselves all that much, but the fact that they did is enough to set a precedent: especially when considering that it might be the only way the weaker crewmembers can get valuable wins in the end.

I'm kind of iffy on having Tama on board as a crewmember. Yes, other crews have children on board as well, like Candy and Whitebeard literally sailed the seas with Oden's infants on board, but I don't see her getting into fights at all - even if her skillset is interesting.

@Baks The Fire-starter of the latest generation of Pokémon Games is also a bunny and isn't a slouch either. If anything, bunnies are all the rage at this point.

There literally are dozen of characters in this story that have a better connection/relation and history with the SHs than Carrot. Did u vote for them to be NN as well?

I disagree with that. No Sh can afford to actually not fight for themself and to always await for the others to back them up. Dont get me wrong there will always be fights where teaming up is done, but there will also come the time (i.e. endwar vs WG, more likely the 1v1s with the BB crew (in which the SHs might be even outnumbered because of "BlackHole" (attack where BB can "devour" others, cant remember how it was called))) when they alone have to fight powers beyond themself (mayhaps even multiple powerful enemies) and not to rely on others at all. For that would seriously endanger the other fights and secondly it would make it less realistic (ok fictional story vs realism i get the little sense there is to my arguement from that pov).

Moreover imo most people in this forum who ship the bunny boat seriously overrate the overall power/asset that Carrot represents.

Here is why Carrot is completely overrated imo:

U realise Jinbeis words: "If the mink tribe is unable to surpress themselfs within one night, they will die from the exhaustion of fighting" First of one night Sulong means death to them! http://mangaseeonlin...889-page-5.html

Carrot starts using Sulong here: http://mangaseeonlin...88-page-10.html and is finished here: http://mangaseeonlin...89-page-15.html Now if u compare the position of the boats u see that not much has moved,  thus not much time has passed, and remeber the SH ship was fleeing meaning top speed, with others chasing (again others coming from the front) them at top speed, yet the chasers aint so much closer to the SH ship than they where before!

Then there is this:

http://mangaseeonlin...9-page-13.html  proving that Carrot was near her limit!, otherwise why would she loose consciousness, which alongside Jinbeis words previously mentioned above leads to certain death? So tell me how is Carrot gonna be of use against yonkous in an battle that might last for days, when all she can do is figth for a few secs (let it be a few min, which are still only a very limited number of seconds) under her most powerful form, which then leads to having to sleep? How is protecting a sleeping Carrot during an all out battle vs. a yonkou and his underlings on the battlefield gonna help the SHs become stronger? 

http://mangaseeonlin...89-page-14.html She even admits that without Brook coming to her aid she would have been a goner even vs the fodder of BM crew... how is she even remotely at the lvl of Nami who fought Cracker alongside Luffy for 10 or 11 hours?

On said page u also get to know how winded she already is after such a short use of Sulong by: "HUFF HUFF"

here Carrot is already on the floor: http://mangaseeonlin...89-page-17.html

and she is asleep here: http://mangaseeonlin...890-page-4.html here is the sleeping symbol "ZZZZ" on carrot: http://mangaseeonlin...892-page-3.html here it says they r "sleeping" : http://mangaseeonlin...92-page-10.html

U kidding right? Shall we really count how often Oda downcreased the normal  abilites a SH has for plots sake or to hype another? Ok let me give u 1 example: ENTIRE WANO ARC (after being at Tamas place) LUFFY NO FS COO! CoO vs Kaidou nah dont bother...

Well this was fun here another for hecks sake: Sanji, Zoro+Brook defeated by Yeti Cool brothers, now they surely have to be even far stronger than those 3 right? 

I find faster than Usoop doubtful, but u might be right on this one. In generel i meant overall power not certain stats, in case that i was unclear at that.

might be true as well, but that does not save her from fire and since she has fur Usoop might be a real bad opponent for her. Usoop power is manifested on his varying skills, he is able to adept in an extremely wide spectrum, which is why he is a very dangerous opponent imo. He also is a great tank, I really dont see how Carrot could inflict enough damage on Usoop without him having enough time to figure out a way to defeat her beforehand. Imo he is one of the most underrated SHs (previously i thought Brook to be the most underrated but i think (my perception of how people dicuss Brook since WCI at least) that changed after/during WCI).

Robin and Nami i see capable of deceiving her good enough with mirage tempo and clone+sprout thing from Robin, who can essentially appear right at every single body part of Carrot, in oder to break it, whenever she feels like it! U need to be physically stronger than i deem Carot to be in order to resist the bone breaking attempt from Robin.

Also i think Nami far more than just lighning based, she also has very powerful wind attacks. And just like with Usoop both Robin and Nami have their wits.

to first part, i thought she did, but cant say for certain. does not really matter though, then lets simply discuss the example of breaking one (both) arm or one (both) leg. Wait a minute the Clutch attack from Robin i am pretty certain that that aims to breaking/clutching the opponents bones. In  FI the dude was done for after double clutch, hundreds of others (marines, fodders) have been defeated by the clutch before. also there was cien fleurs rindo, and twist which aimed for breaking the spine directly. 

In  real life no! In our days we can actually operate and cure a broken spine as long as the nerves have not been completely cut and certain other things/conditions which i dont remember r met. Friend of mine actually broke his spine during sport recently and he got operated and is now learning to walk again. Although admittedly u never go back to the 100% u had before.

WHo was Pell? Bird dude in Alabasta? dont remember him well enough to get what situation u r comparing this too sry. but keep in mind Pell also survived the mega bomb for plots sake and since this was early op. Oda did not kill a single individual until MFwar iirc?

i really dont think that any of the 3 would be unable to take a few hits from Carrot. Usoop has been shown to have immense durability, Robin in her "fight" vs diamante also took quite the lot of damage, just remember how her back looked afterwards. Moreover Robin was fast enough for Hakuba,  even being able to "shackle" him, who imo is far faster than Carrot.

Nami is the same when u think about  how much battle experience she gained at WCI. I mean Cracker, enraged army, vs BM on the Sunny. I really dont see how that does not put her far ahead of Carrot when u consider that she did not have to sleep directly.

1.) Already adressed in my response to @Raiden

2.) Never claimed she is worse in every aspect so... once more i am talking about overall skillset/powerlvl

3.) U misunderstand, Luffy asked whether she can, sicne he seems unsure. Pedro claiming she is stronger than average mink means nothing because compare average marine to higher up marine. There is always a immense gap when the word average is used in op. Remember fishmen being as strong as 10 (average) men? well compare 1 Luffy to 10 average people and u understand my point here.

Never trust the word average in one piece, it aint of any help when talking about powerlvl.

4.) I dont see why that would imply what u propose honestly, but thats of course only making sense if i am right at 3.), otherwise u would be totally right.

5.) But what has that to do with her powerlvl? Luffy was never afraid sicne chapter 1, did that mean he was among the stronger/current NWlvl ones in op from chapter 1? No.

6.) Agreed i dont doubt that her senses and observative skills outshine Robin and Nami she is partly an animal and certain things are better when it comes to animals then they r with humans (like sense of smell, hearing etc.) but for me that does not make her overall fighting prowess when considering all that that comprises, thus i.e. ability to adept to certain fighting styls, being variable in ur own one, having powerful attacks, being mobile (apoint where she i.e. far exceeds Nami (unless she can now fly zeus that is), but not Robin imo, since clones), being able to deceive /trap the enemy, tanking attacks etc

7.) true that but was that not to reunite with Luffy? I mean Nami warns carrot not to get seperated after all.

____________-

EDIT:

Proposal:

while i as of now believe that Usoop, Nami, Robin > Carrot, i could come partly ur way by saying Carrot > Chopper currently. 

Thing why i dont really see any need for Carrot is that she is mostly Chopper 2.0. when it comes to what can do and what is still possible (leaving lighting aside here, since Nami covers that). 

I dont see why Chopper cannot get a "Sulong"=Monster  form by studying the Minks during Moonlight. And having 2 within the crew who r part animal does not help the speciality Chopper represents either imo (doctor stuff left aside here). Whatever skillset any mink might get (again no electro) is imo what CHopper could learn/get as well through training or stuying, therefore i dont see what upside it has to get Carrot when there are so many other characters, that would help the SHs in a far greater magnitude. She also aint speical characterwise imo, like bushido Zoro and calm/closed/introverted (hopefully this word exists in english and fits and does not mean something totally different, but rebell as i am i am gonna try nevertheless  :D ??) Robin , instead Carrot is the carefree character severel SHs aleady are, she know nothing of the world and wont help them from starving either by getting food/growing it herself. All the current weaknesses the SHs do have do not get diminished by Carrot, in contrast to Jinbei addition  e.g., which is why i really have a problem when it comes to jugding her usefulness to the crew (which every single other SH does indeed have).

Its not that i dislike her (did during Zou arc though), i simply see little avail in her joining, and would miss the time used for the other SHs if Carrot would take it. Sry but thats just how i see it. 

___________-

EDIT 2:

I believe Zoro, Franky, Sanji, Chopper, robin to make the biggest progress during Wano though.

After Wano i currently dont see how Carrot would still be > Chopper.

Usoop already received immense powerup with CoO in DR, training that in Wano in order of not having to fight and avoid the enemy lurking /shoot them from far enough away is enough to make him shine epicly. Kairoseki (bullets and everything else that might be of use) will become his inventory, but while that boosts his power i dont count it here since it is nothing new after he already used it in PH.

On the other hand this arc might base a lot around Usoop when it comes to his dream, since to overcome fear/cowardness, countless beasts are a great training aint they    :lolxg:

Nami already got Zeus, needs tankyness though

Brook well he shined so much lately i simply dont see Oda giving him so much focus in the "near" future.

Franky being the brawler that he is , will go immensly more tanky, and since zoan are durable and tanky he needs stronger poweroutput. I still wait for sensors, like temperature/movement sensor, as well as kairoseki body. moreover i await little nanobots/drones/robots who repair him automatically while he fights ((theory i have had for years  ;) not gonna happen until near the end though if ever) 

Sanji well Oda should already know how much good he has to do when it comes to him.

Zoro come on its his arc.

Chopper partly his arc since minks and Zoans. 

look at the previous page of this thread that is where i answer to other posters about the topic of Carrot.

I simply dont need another liability in the crew when the time for the SHs to become a yonkou crew is near. The only arguement the Carrot supporters bring is her either being cute (which i dont care about) or working well alongside other, which countless other op characters also did, yet noone ever wanted them to join...., therefore its mostly the cutie part thats left........

Imo there is NOTHING special about Carrot, well she is mink...we have chopper for transformation (even Franky and Luffy do that...see nothing special left for the Minky) and an animal and guess what Jinbei also can be considered an animal.... so why are there people wanting someone to join whos only real side left to consider as being special is her being another liability when it goes against the yonkous soon enough is beyond me! 

Do i need another childish character? Certainly Not!

Do i need a look out? Nope i dont, since Zoro is there/doing that most of the times anyway.

Do i need another animal? No we have 2!

Do i need to see transformation? No we have 3-4 chars for that (Luffy, Franky, Chopper and even Sanji with Germa suit) !

Do i need a liability? Certainly not!

Edited by capu, 16 June 2020 - 06:32 AM.

#38 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,619 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 19 June 2020 - 05:12 AM

The only arguement the Carrot supporters bring is her either being cute (which i dont care about) or working well alongside other, which countless other op characters also did, yet noone ever wanted them to join...., therefore its mostly the cutie part thats left.......

There's another argument, though, which distinguishes her from any other character you would care to include in the category of characters that works well alongside the crew. That argument points out that there is a parallel with Jimbei in the way Oda began to flesh out the character. When Jimbei began to be discussed as a potential future NN, many were able to point out that he appeared to be a helmsman, and as such, had a clear role to play in the crew aside from being a combatant. The same applies to Carrot. We can point to the fact that, in many cases, she has acted as a lookout (both on land, because she was able to jump so high, and on the Sunny (as shown in my avatar)). Even if you think she adds nothing new as a combatant or as character (she needs to do neither of these things to qualify), Oda has already indicated a role for her, and he has not done that for any other character.

Edited by Tale, 19 June 2020 - 05:13 AM.

• Raiden and Chillman like this

#39 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:31 AM

There's another argument, though, which distinguishes her from any other character you would care to include in the category of characters that works well alongside the crew. That argument points out that there is a parallel with Jimbei in the way Oda began to flesh out the character. When Jimbei began to be discussed as a potential future NN, many were able to point out that he appeared to be a helmsman, and as such, had a clear role to play in the crew aside from being a combatant. The same applies to Carrot. We can point to the fact that, in many cases, she has acted as a lookout (both on land, because she was able to jump so high, and on the Sunny (as shown in my avatar)). Even if you think she adds nothing new as a combatant or as character (she needs to do neither of these things to qualify), Oda has already indicated a role for her, and he has not done that for any other character.

While u r right that Oda choose to highlight Carrot (for whatever insanity had driven him to do that) even giving her a certain role to fit (lookout) there r several positions far more important than the one Carrot can fill.

Heck i even find a gardener like 1 million times more important than the lookout, considering how often the SHs tend to die of starvation. 

They wanna become a yonkou crew yet have noone who can actually rule/govern/organize people and rescources..... Oda still does not understand what stage he has set them up to be at....

scientist, u saw how easily a skilled scientist can take out even people of Luffys caliber in CC. need i say more? Yes 3 more, scientist = upgrade for chopper to achieve his dream and for Franky to become more powerful as well, also upgrade for Usoop/Nami

Sry but noone can convince me that Carrot does contribute /help the SHs in any way. Imo she is completely useless, pretty much a burden even. All her interactions and even her words are simply boring. I dont find her Chobro blabla interesting at all. Neither do i like how she is just childish the entire time either...

I have been reading op for more than 15 years and the times when i enjoyed 100% childish acting without anything else making up a character are long passed.

And again being mink aint a special thing anymore. we know there are hundreds of those... 

Edited by capu, 19 June 2020 - 06:35 AM.

• Abaroxa likes this

#40 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 03:17 PM

^
I just want to add that there are already too many guest characters taking the spotlight from the SHs.
Chopper is and will always be the cute one while having the biggest strength potential based on the fact that his fruit hasn't been fully revealed. Sengokus fruit is the human fruit type Buddha while chopper is just the human fruit. Nope doesn't add up.
The original 5 members, you know the ones that promises to fulfill their dreams as they entered the GL, in the most underrated epic moment of the series, still have to achieve does dreams with full chapters fully focused on them.

I don't see what's the problem with Carrot just being a close friend. Maybe all this moments with the SHs, where they travel across the world, are just a way to show how interaction is the best way of integration of different cultures. Because she will one day be the king of the minks bringing guardians and musketeers back under one leadership.

Can't forget that Vivi is still a key person. She is and will be the trigger of the next arc.
  • Abu Dun likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users