33 replies to this topic

#21 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,382 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:51 AM

I bought the book

Money well-spent? I plan to, too. But Kinokuniya's is more expensive than buying straight from Japan so I'm considering asking my friend there buying it for me.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#22 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:42 PM

I ordered just yesterday from Amazon, the total came down to 17550 yen, 1550 being shipping expenses. Should be arriving just in time for Christmas.

As for money well spent, I don't really know. The asking price does sound quite steep, but at the same time this is a limited collectible. I see it like this: It's a very quality product from what I've seen, and maybe if it sells enough Shueisha might be interested in making an anime or making another Kubo series happen, but even if it doesn't, this is likely the last thing Kubo will do for BLEACH, so having that would be quite interesting to any avid BLEACH fan, which I'm certainly am.
  • Krizalid and Chillman like this

#23 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,382 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 11:06 AM

I ordered just yesterday from Amazon, the total came down to 17550 yen, 1550 being shipping expenses. Should be arriving just in time for Christmas.

As for money well spent, I don't really know. The asking price does sound quite steep, but at the same time this is a limited collectible. I see it like this: It's a very quality product from what I've seen, and maybe if it sells enough Shueisha might be interested in making an anime or making another Kubo series happen, but even if it doesn't, this is likely the last thing Kubo will do for BLEACH, so having that would be quite interesting to any avid BLEACH fan, which I'm certainly am.

My friend will bring it to me when he has vacation. Can't wait to die drooling to the art LOL

Btw, Brave Souls is not available in my region...damn, they said they would put the LN story in the game...

#24 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 12:28 PM

It arrived just Friday for me. It's an especially quality product. The pages are very thick and the printing is incredible. The colors are very vivid as if the whole book was hand drawn by Kubo himself and sent to you. It also follows a nice progression where the first book starts with his early artstyle and ends with the art related to the last arc. And the second book is art related to the movies and extra material, like the interview. All in all, its a very nice collectors item.
  • Fulmine likes this

#25 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,382 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 12:24 PM

More interview has been translated by MissStormCaller (question 31-42)

Spoiler

Edited by Fulmine, 23 December 2018 - 12:34 PM.

• Blackody, Chillman and Revenant like this

#26 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 09:28 PM

@Fulmine that's very weird about the region issue. As far as I know the game is not region based at all. There's the global servers and there's Japan servers.

#27 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,382 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 02:33 AM

@Fulmine that's very weird about the region issue. As far as I know the game is not region based at all. There's the global servers and there's Japan servers.

Well, I guess as usual the global server is so called only because it's non-Japan :lol:. I checked with Google and the latest news is it's available in just more than 100 countries. The Internet says I have to make a new Apple ID and choose my base location in available country but I don't know how strict Apple is with the ID and iCloud thing. I mean can I just give a fake phone number of that country and call it a day?

Unless this is Apple being Apple and it's available to everyone on with Android phones...

#28 Serp

Serp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 03:36 PM

Anyone know how I can get a legit copy of this?

#29 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 04:20 PM

I got it on jap amazon.

#30 Serp

Serp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 09:19 PM

I got it on jap amazon.

So just make an account and buy it? That simple?

#31 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 04:25 PM

So just make an account and buy it? That simple?

Yep. You can even select English as the language of the store, so everything should go well.
  • Chillman likes this

#32 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,382 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:03 PM

MissStormCaller translated question 43-50

Spoiler

• Kid Frost and Revenant like this

#33 Krizalid

Krizalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:40 PM

Oh, music questions. I would ask Kubo of how he feels about the last 3 In Flames albums.

#34 Revenant

Revenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:36 AM

Questions 50 and 51 are about BURN THE WITCH. It's kinda sad, because on the heyday, this is the kind of thing that would get pages and pages of discussion here.

I was looking through the book today and man, Kubo is just such a great artist. Not even on just a proficiency level, he knows how to make things look good, he has a good eye for cool looking shit, and looking at it in color makes it all pop out in a very beautiful fashion. Fashion being a keyword here.
  • Kid Frost likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users