Posted 14 December 2018 - 02:26 AM

https://www.mangatai...ro-academia-210

#2 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 03:42 AM

Poltergeist is just telekinesis? And back in the camp game Koda changed her body's size. Guess the user is an exception as usual.

LOL at Twin Impact! He can x2 others' attacks? Then that means in the entrance exam he could have just steal-killed

Farewell, Deku! Wait till your next power-up!

Edited by Fulmine, 14 December 2018 - 03:42 AM.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#3 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 06:12 AM

We're supposed to believe that Nana never made the connection between the man in black in her dream and All For One? I'm not sure if I like this development.

Also Monoma showing his true colours at last by being the lowlife that he really is by taunting Deku saying that is all Bakugou's fault that All Might lost his powers.

I would expect nothing less from a scumbag like Monoma who just loves to mock and deride class 1A whenever possible as proven by his actions and words throughout the series. Monoma is just trash in every way imo.

#4 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,086 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 December 2018 - 06:56 AM

Twin Impact could be quite broken if he combines it with firearms or so. Give him a gun and he's trouble. Though the random timing sucks for precision, I guess.

Also Monoma showing his true colours at last by being the lowlife that he really is by taunting Deku saying that is all Bakugou's fault that All Might lost his powers.

I would expect nothing less from a scumbag like Monoma who just loves to mock and deride class 1A whenever possible as proven by his actions and words throughout the series. Monoma is just trash in every way imo.

He was always cranky, but taunting is fair game here. Midoriya's problem for getting upset.

Edited by Oben, 14 December 2018 - 06:56 AM.

• Raiden, Kaidou, /2aw and 4 others like this

#5 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:03 AM

The most interesting thing to me is that we didn't get a single Shinsou panel. Team B seems so will coordinated so I expect Shinsou to be their trump card. I just hope whatever is happening to Deku isn't used as some cheap plot point to cripple Team A.

XE6c6KC.png?2

#6 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:30 AM

Twin Impact could be quite broken if he combines it with firearms or so. Give him a gun and he's trouble. Though the random timing sucks for precision, I guess.

He was always cranky, but taunting is fair game here. Midoriya's problem for getting upset.

You seriously actually defending and excusing Monoma's disgusting actions?

What he said was actually well out of line and both you and I know it. Monoma knew full what he was doing - it was a dick move on his part.

#7 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,086 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:20 AM

You seriously actually defending and excusing Monoma's disgusting actions?

What he said was actually well out of line and both you and I know it. Monoma knew full what he was doing - it was a dick move on his part.

Of course he's a dick, but it's a battle :shrug:

• Fulmine, Raiden, /2aw and 3 others like this

#8 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:00 AM

Kinda wanted team B to beat Deku and others fair and square but nope, conviniently Deku needs to get crippled by this

#9 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 02:14 PM

I mean, we've been getting hints about OfA acting up so it's no surprise that it would do so now. I'm wondering if this is OfA evolving or is OfA some power that as it passes through users, it also picks up each user's dark thoughts/intentions therefore transforming into some evil/curse power thing. OfA is becoming more sentient. 

#10 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,089 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 14 December 2018 - 06:07 PM

Monoma was great this chapter. I love how dramatic and smug he is. He is taking this all very seriously and it is nice to see his more calculating side when he gets used as a joke a lot, but the last two chapters he has shown a lot. He was obviously provoking Deku to try and get him to speak and respond to him to get Shinso's quirk to take effect. Be it Shinso or Monoma who copied Shinso's quirk to take control of Deku so they can immobilize him. Deku is already aware of their abilities, as well as Shinso's new device that lets him change his voice, so the only way they were going to get Deku to talk was to really provoke him. It is a good strategy since they can't defeat him otherwise.

Although I wonder how they will deal with Deku's quirk messing up. The black lightning effects does look like times when AfO has used his own quirk as others have pointed out and I wonder if there will be a deeper connection other than Deku's quirk originating from AfO giving his brother a quirk. He is about to attack Monoma and I wonder if the attack will go off or if Shinso or someone will be able to stop him before he fires it. Shinso didn't appear here so you'd think he will have a big moment in the next chapter. Was interesting to lean that All Might's mater also had these weird visions but All Might never had them.

The other Class B students' quirks were fun to see, but I was expecting a bit more from the ghost girl. I guess being able to move objects might be interesting. The other girl being able to change the size of objects is a good one with a lot of potiental utility as well as the guys' double impact quirk. They are all kind of quirks that work together but I don't know if the author will give them much spotlight here to coordinate together when Deku's quirk situation is probably going to take most of the focus of the battle. Double impact would be a good one for Monoma to copy if he did then he can use it while switching between copied quirks to double their effect. Wonder if he copied Tetsu's metal quirk to try and tank Deku's attack here too.

#11 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 15 December 2018 - 07:00 PM

I guess Shinso's Quirk will play a part in getting Deku out of this mess.  

I look forward to see what happens because of this outburst.

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#12 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 03:41 AM

random timing

Is it random? Only the starting point being fixed is mentioned

Monoma who copied Shinso's quirk

I think Monoma already copied Poltergeist. Unless his Quirk developed and he can copy more than 1 at a time now

Edited by Fulmine, 16 December 2018 - 03:41 AM.

#13 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,089 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 16 December 2018 - 01:57 PM

I think Monoma already copied Poltergeist. Unless his Quirk developed and he can copy more than 1 at a time now

I think he can copy more than 1 quirk at a time, since he has multiple watches on his belt to time how long he can have them for, but he just isn't able to use more than 1 quirk at the same time. Maybe he has evolved his quirk to the point where he can use more than 1 at the same time though. Guess we will find out if the match continues on and Monoma isn't taken out in the next chapter.

#14 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,086 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:27 PM

Is it random? Only the starting point being fixed is mentioned

MS says random timing, and I didn't double-check:

https://readms.net/r...mia/210/5543/14

JB doesn't have it, so I guess that was a flop :lol:

#15 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 12:52 AM

MS says random timing, and I didn't double-check:

https://readms.net/r...mia/210/5543/14

JB doesn't have it, so I guess that was a flop :lol:

To be fair MS trans makes way more sense than JB's overall for the last several chapters in One Piece and BnHA (unless the original Japanese dialogues are actually that awkward). That said, from what happened it looks to me Nigenreki can actually time his second impact, otherwise why would they even bother with that tactic if they can't make sure they can make it hit right after the objects are blocked?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users