22 replies to this topic

#21 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,320 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 26 January 2019 - 05:27 PM

Naruto is better than 95% of the shounen jump stories but it havea lot of things it done wrong and it could be so much better. 

I sure agree with that, it's far from perfect. 

But it's also the only goddamn manga that made me cry. You imagine how much empathy you feel towards being of papers to actually cry when they die? 

Naruto had many flaws, but it was great in terms of characters-building. The "bad guys" all had their own motives, their own past, and everything made sense in that area. 

It stopped making sense when Nagato revived everyone. I can understand Naruto forgiving him, but not Nagato being talked out of it on such a scale. 

After that, there were more and more mistakes. That's true. 

So, of course, now that Kishi has the experience of a long-running manga, he can prepare better, especially if he doesn't draw (which is a shame, I like his style a lot...). We'll get new characters with a super interesting backstory and new motives. And a whole new setting. 

And as they say, you learn from your mistakes. I'm sure Kishi knew that Naruto had flaws. 

• Tokoya and trafalgarlawisop like this

#22 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 09:15 PM

Pfft, I'd argue that at least 80% of Naruto was great

I would argue 70 percent. A new manga based on samurais actually seems interesting. I think overtime Kishi was probably tired of drawing so many Naruto clones and Sasuke was more fun and practical to draw in battle situation.

@azer_moli

I have heard that Naruto is really popular in France or manga in general .  It obviously has flaws but occasionally I do come back, and read some moments.

#23 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,320 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 27 January 2019 - 01:39 PM

I have heard that Naruto is really popular in France or manga in general .  It obviously has flaws but occasionally I do come back, and read some moments.

I think France has the second market after Japan... yeah, it's really popular. 

Nowadays, Naruto is not as famous as it used to be, and most people watched the anime instead of reading the manga, but it used to be the #1 in terms of sales IIRC.

The one that has been selling the most overall in France is One Piece (what a surprise). 

And I agree with the rest of your comments. 
Talking about it yesterday, I realised that I disliked some parts of the war so much, that I don't remember those parts at all anymore... but I gladly re-read other parts as well ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users