in part 2 sasuke did nothing wrong because evertime he try to do something bad something or someone saves him. Plot mostly.
The problem i have is with naruto. HE ISN'T SASUKE BROTHER,
FRIEND, OR A GOOD TEAMMATE. The moment naruto crawls to sasuke feet. Sasuke leaves and chase power with oro. From what we see naruto and sasuke are task with 1 real mission as a team. the next thing we know they have to complete against each other to become Chunin. stuff happens sasuke gets hurt the end. Crap happens sasuke isn't really involved, sasuke gets healed meets itachi. Finds out naruto is important to itachi and he was worthless. Goes even more emo and leaves.
Nothing in part 1 makes naruto friends.
That is true... Sasuke disappeared for long stretches only to return and do nothing. All that points to is shitty writing - one of the MCs going missing just didn't help Sasuke... everything Naruto did seems to be about him but he is no where for it to make more sense. Someone once said a manga would be best if they had the following
How I'd do a shounen-
1) I would NOT go to Shuesnia Publishing(Naruto, Dragonball, Bleach, Hero Academia, One Piece). I've made my feelings perfectly clear on that company and how it operates. I'm actually surprised that Hero Academia hasn't suffered from Editor Takeover or the mangaka suffering from Fame Greed.
2) I'd tone down the Main Character and not make him a loud mouth like so many MCs are nowadays. Now that doesn't mean I'd make him 'quiet' or worse 'emo'. The MC would be more 'real' and if he acts obnoxious there would be consequences as they are in real life for such attitudes.
3) Make the female lead useful. Will not make the female lead a tsundere or yandere. Of course that's mainly an issue that affects the aforementioned publisher more than any other publisher.
4) Take certain elements normally found in seinen, tone them down, and use them for a shounen.
5) Make humor 'accidental'. What I mean by that is that humor in a comic should come out of the blue and without warning. To much shounen humor(especially physical/slapstick) seems forced by the mangaka.
6) Make the main cast an Ensemble instead of Main Character+Company. Try to give the ensemble equal time while still focusing on the main character.
7) Keep the extended cast under 30 characters
Also true they became more rivals than friends for the most part, but their friendship was not in doubt.
Edited by paka, 11 January 2019 - 03:43 AM.