#21 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 29 December 2018 - 07:56 PM

:rly:  So Naruto was not a better brother? He chased to save his evil friend for all those episodes and you missed it... and that's not even family. Yes he is arrogant about his ways but he would have been a very good brother.

He is more of Hokage than a father and on that part I agree with you. On everything else that egotistic brat fails in comparison to Naruto

OH yes "His brother sasuke" Who he spent 2 weeks with an almost got 6 people killed trying to bring back himself included. Refuse to admit that sasuke was a dick and that maybe sasuke wasn't worth saving.  

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#22 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:57 AM

OH yes "His brother sasuke" Who he spent 2 weeks with an almost got 6 people killed trying to bring back himself included. Refuse to admit that sasuke was a dick and that maybe sasuke wasn't worth saving.  

Glad we agree

• SubzeroDegrees likes this

:kakashi:  We back

#23 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:11 AM

Glad we agree

sasuke wasn't his brother nor his friend. 

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#24 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 02:21 PM

As of right now because he is a better family member. Boruto being a dick to his dad I agree with. 

Hell look how he acts around with his little sister. I think Boruto is a great brother and son. Naruto is still a dick.

Yeah because swearing in front of is impressionable younger sister and kind polite mother is what a 'good son' always does. . .

paka - That's the thing about being 'Top Ninja'. Not much time for being anything else. Hinata and Himawari seem to understand. . .Boruto on the other hand.

Another complaint about this series is this right here-

https://www.mangapan...t-generations/1

Why. . .why do we need see the 'final battle' at the start and have a build up to it? Frankly this is a major writing sin.

• Raiden and SubzeroDegrees like this

Posted Image

#25 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:47 PM

Yeah because swearing in front of is impressionable younger sister and kind polite mother is what a 'good son' always does. . .

paka - That's the thing about being 'Top Ninja'. Not much time for being anything else. Hinata and Himawari seem to understand. . .Boruto on the other hand.

Why. . .why do we need see the 'final battle' at the start and have a build up to it? Frankly this is a major writing sin.

compare to risking people lives for a person that no one could care about beside some horny teenage girls. That also left on his own power to seek power. 

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#26 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:28 AM

sasuke wasn't his brother nor his friend. 

:facepalm:

Not sure why @waleuska is arguing the point... he is being a bad kid "because he cares about his sister" is petty and lame... fighting and arguing with adults, no respect to his mother or father (not even going to bring up or list the adults - condescending describes Boruto best)

compare to risking people lives for a person that no one could care about beside some horny teenage girls. That also left on his own power to seek power. 

You're comparing the decisions of a grown Naruto to a child throwing a fit over not getting attention while the whole village lets him get away with the bad behavior (hokage's son :angry: ). You are also insinuating that because Sasuke was evil, he didn't deserve saving... are you suggesting that if it were an angel you'd give him a pass. Don't blame Naruto for Sasuke's actions. He was trying to save a friend and so did the others.

#27 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:03 PM

:facepalm:

Not sure why @waleuska is arguing the point... he is being a bad kid "because he cares about his sister" is petty and lame... fighting and arguing with adults, no respect to his mother or father (not even going to bring up or list the adults - condescending describes Boruto best)

You're comparing the decisions of a grown Naruto to a child throwing a fit over not getting attention while the whole village lets him get away with the bad behavior (hokage's son :angry: ). You are also insinuating that because Sasuke was evil, he didn't deserve saving... are you suggesting that if it were an angel you'd give him a pass. Don't blame Naruto for Sasuke's actions. He was trying to save a friend and so did the others.

Really. Boruto is a dick because his dad is a dick. The only real person he is a dick to is his dad.

I never said anything about sasuke being evil. I am saying Sasuke wasn't worth it. He left on his own. HE LEFT ON HIS OWN. No one force him to do anything. There was Zero reason for naruto to chase after him. Hell Shik said it best the only reason they went after him beside naruto is because he was part of konoha and that naruto wanted to save him. If shik had it his own way no one would have even attempt to try to rescue sasuke for good reason. 

• JDG973 likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#28 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:42 PM

I never said anything about sasuke being evil. I am saying Sasuke wasn't worth it. He left on his own. HE LEFT ON HIS OWN. No one force him to do anything. There was Zero reason for naruto to chase after him. Hell Shik said it best the only reason they went after him beside naruto is because he was part of konoha and that naruto wanted to save him. If shik had it his own way no one would have even attempt to try to rescue sasuke for good reason.

Shikamaru would have still attempted to go after Sasuke because, as mentioned earlier in your post, he was apart of Konoha and broke village rules by leaving without consent and to prevent Orochimaru from gaining possession of the Sharingan. To be fair Shikamaru didn't fully understand Sasuke family struggles during Part 1 of Naruto.

15871545849_286028ae7d_o.jpg

#29 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 12:07 AM

Really. Boruto is a dick because his dad is a dick. The only real person he is a dick to is his dad.

Just wanted to wish you and everyone a happy and blessed happy new year... lets remember our friends, rivals and enemies in our prayers... lets be more understanding and forgive when they go about showing their love in the wrong ways - more importantly lets not give up on them because we care, love and cherish - and because they're are family :love:

• KUROkami likes this

#30 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:23 PM

Shikamaru would have still attempted to go after Sasuke because, as mentioned earlier in your post, he was apart of Konoha and broke village rules by leaving without consent and to prevent Orochimaru from gaining possession of the Sharingan. To be fair Shikamaru didn't fully understand Sasuke family struggles during Part 1 of Naruto.

Also the fact that Tsunade ordered Team Shikamaru to bring back Sasuke. If there was one huge mistake it was not making Sasuke a Missing/AWOL Nin after he put a hole in Naruto's chest cavity and continued on his way to Orochimaru.

@paka - I agree with you wholeheartedly about forgiveness. However what many people, including the series writers, don't seem to understand is that forgiveness does NOT mean the nullification of Justice. Sure people(in reality or fiction) can be forgiven but it doesn't mean they get away with their crimes/sins with just a slap on the wrist or a tongue lashing. Frankly Sasuke being 'dishonorably discharged' should've been the end result in terms of whatever mercy was given him.

Forgiveness is partly about letting go of the hate and revenge that's within us.

Justice is about punishing the guilty without hate and revenge.

Edited by Graeystone, 03 January 2019 - 06:25 PM.

• Chillman likes this

Posted Image

#31 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 01:59 AM

Also the fact that Tsunade ordered Team Shikamaru to bring back Sasuke. If there was one huge mistake it was not making Sasuke a Missing/AWOL Nin after he put a hole in Naruto's chest cavity and continued on his way to Orochimaru.

@paka - I agree with you wholeheartedly about forgiveness. However what many people, including the series writers, don't seem to understand is that forgiveness does NOT mean the nullification of Justice. Sure people(in reality or fiction) can be forgiven but it doesn't mean they get away with their crimes/sins with just a slap on the wrist or a tongue lashing. Frankly Sasuke being 'dishonorably discharged' should've been the end result in terms of whatever mercy was given him.

Forgiveness is partly about letting go of the hate and revenge that's within us.

Justice is about punishing the guilty without hate and revenge.

In defense of Sasuke 

I agree, but sometimes its painful to punish, especially when you know the underlying cause... His clan was being wiped out internally and externally and the people he trusted the most had something to do with the massacre/ethnic cleansing - Konoha and his family (lets not forget how young he was through to when he joined Orochimaru and Tobi)... Tobi took advantage of his ignorance, and Orochimaru did the same and only changed after it was already too late.

Yes it's all in the name of justice, yet it's often easy to forget what caused the problem i.e. Konoha or the same people who caused the problem to begin with taking the high ground - was hypocritical... not sure when, but I think Tsunade or the third expressed the same sentiments

Whether in real life or fictional, you cannot justify having it both ways - just feels wrong though its often the reality. Take war or killing for example, we come destroy (you respond as in Sasuke, we now justify our actions) and then return as saints to fix it for you.

Main defense - Sasuke wasn't a bloodthirsty maniac despite all the noises he made - killed one or two maybe in a fair fight. Note the level of control and self awareness within the chaos after what he had experienced as a child... He sought to understand instead, the adults failed to explain.

Sometimes it's easier to just let go - I'll stop there... That's getting too real :lol:

Disclaimer: I do not have a soft spot for Sasuke - I'll go hide behind the desk

#32 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:54 PM

@paka forgot all the bum ass samurai he killed at the summit

#33 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:40 AM

@paka forgot all the bum ass samurai he killed at the summit

Haha - I was hoping no one noticed... We taking bout a few "no name" foot soldiers :meh: ... those don't count

Question is - did he actually kill anyone? :hmm:

Edited by paka, 10 January 2019 - 06:11 AM.

• KUROkami likes this

#34 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:39 AM

Did he kill those samurai?

#35 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:07 AM

Yeah its heavily implied and developed a thirst of blood.

Posted Image

#36 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:11 PM

:lol:  I needed that - I got caught again... that gave me a good laugh on a down day.

Yeah its heavily implied and developed a thirst of blood.

:huh: Still waiting - where is the killing spree that qualifies Sasuke as blood thirsty... Sasuke was a simple case of much ado about nothing

#37 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:48 PM

in part 2 sasuke did nothing wrong because evertime he try to do something bad something or someone saves him. Plot mostly. 

The problem i have is with naruto. HE ISN'T SASUKE BROTHER, FRIEND, OR A GOOD TEAMMATE. The moment naruto crawls to sasuke feet. Sasuke leaves and chase power with oro. From what we see naruto and sasuke are task with 1 real mission as a team. the next thing we know they have to complete against each other to become Chunin. stuff happens sasuke gets hurt the end. Crap happens sasuke isn't really involved, sasuke gets healed meets itachi. Finds out naruto is important to itachi and he was worthless. Goes even more emo and leaves.

Nothing in part 1 makes naruto friends. 

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#38 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:27 AM

in part 2 sasuke did nothing wrong because evertime he try to do something bad something or someone saves him. Plot mostly. 

The problem i have is with naruto. HE ISN'T SASUKE BROTHER, FRIEND, OR A GOOD TEAMMATE. The moment naruto crawls to sasuke feet. Sasuke leaves and chase power with oro. From what we see naruto and sasuke are task with 1 real mission as a team. the next thing we know they have to complete against each other to become Chunin. stuff happens sasuke gets hurt the end. Crap happens sasuke isn't really involved, sasuke gets healed meets itachi. Finds out naruto is important to itachi and he was worthless. Goes even more emo and leaves.

Nothing in part 1 makes naruto friends.

That is true... Sasuke disappeared for long stretches only to return and do nothing. All that points to is shitty writing - one of the MCs going missing just didn't help Sasuke... everything Naruto did seems to be about him but he is no where for it to make more sense. Someone once said a manga would be best if they had the following

How I'd do a shounen-
1) I would NOT go to Shuesnia Publishing(Naruto, Dragonball, Bleach, Hero Academia, One Piece). I've made my feelings perfectly clear on that company and how it operates. I'm actually surprised that Hero Academia hasn't suffered from Editor Takeover or the mangaka suffering from Fame Greed.
2) I'd tone down the Main Character and not make him a loud mouth like so many MCs are nowadays. Now that doesn't mean I'd make him 'quiet' or worse 'emo'. The MC would be more 'real' and if he acts obnoxious there would be consequences as they are in real life for such attitudes.
3) Make the female lead useful. Will not make the female lead a tsundere or yandere. Of course that's mainly an issue that affects the aforementioned publisher more than any other publisher.
4) Take certain elements normally found in seinen, tone them down, and use them for a shounen.
5) Make humor 'accidental'. What I mean by that is that humor in a comic should come out of the blue and without warning. To much shounen humor(especially physical/slapstick) seems forced by the mangaka.

6) Make the main cast an Ensemble instead of Main Character+Company. Try to give the ensemble equal time while still focusing on the main character.

7) Keep the extended cast under 30 characters

Also true they became more rivals than friends for the most part, but their friendship was not in doubt.

Edited by paka, 11 January 2019 - 03:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users