Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:49 AM

https://readms.net/r...emia/213/5616/1

#2 Dsipro

Dsipro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:41 AM

Makes perfect sense, unless all the people who used one for all had no quirks, their quirks would carry over too, I just wondering how it would manifest and why didn't it show with previous users

• Tokoya and Raiden like this

#3 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:37 AM

Not too sure how I feel about Deku eventually obtaining 6 quirks from all the other previous users of OFA.

Part of me feels that is pretty much asspullish tbh, since Deku's obviously just gotten Hellboy's Black Whip quirk this chapter. With 5 other unknown quirks still to follow sometime in the future.

#4 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:20 AM

Part of me feels that is pretty much asspullish tbh

How the hell is it an asspull when we have a perfectly logical explanation that is absolutely consistent with what we're told about One for All? It would be more unlikely if somehow One for All holder is always passing it onto non-Quirk people.

If you're worried Deku would get too overpowered...well, I think Horikoshi's writing so far deserves benefit of the doubt. Of course, who knows how life will turn out LOL

• Tokoya, Raiden, number21 and 5 others like this

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#5 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:38 AM

How the hell is it an asspull when we have a perfectly logical explanation that is absolutely consistent with what we're told about One for All? It would be more unlikely if somehow One for All holder is always passing it onto non-Quirk people.

If you're worried Deku would get too overpowered...well, I think Horikoshi's writing so far deserves benefit of the doubt. Of course, who knows how life will turn out LOL

.... and to add that we have no idea how situational (I assume others would call strong/weak but I think quirks are strong in different purposes, not by how much damage they make) quirks the other 5 will be.

As for why All Might didn't use these quirks (atleast as far as we know) is that OfA is just now strong enough to manifest these. Afterall, didn't All Might say that he didn't recognise Dekus visions?

Edited by Jekkusormi, 18 January 2019 - 04:59 AM.

• Tokoya and Raiden like this

17.jpg

#6 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:48 AM

Black Whip looks like something Deku can train with Fumikage

• Tokoya, Raiden and Slimcoder like this

#7 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:51 AM

Where was it stated that OFA could pass down quirks from its previous users?

Cuz I honestly don't remember that, all I recall is that could pass down memories of those previous OFA users not their quirks tbh.

Of course I am worried about Deku getting overpowered eventually.

Cuz sooner or later, he will have 7 quirks in him like:

OFA itself obviously
Hellboy's Black Whip which he obtained just this chapter
Not to mention also 5 other unknown quirks too.

Not to mention the fact that OFA just by itself is already overpowered. Just look at All Might's fight with AFO is proof of that.

#8 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:57 AM

In the chapter All Might explained it...

Cuz I honestly don't remember that, all I recall is that could pass down memories of those previous OFA users not their quirks tbh.

If it cannot pass down their Quirks then how the hell One for All itself can be passed down in the first place? O__o

OFA itself obviously

8. 6 unknown Quirks (if the dude is telling the truth or he is correct about all previous owners (original dude, AfO's brother, not counted) having their own Quirks

Not to mention the fact that OFA just by itself is already overpowered. Just look at All Might's fight with AFO is proof of that.

He does not have to max all of them. When you have too many you can combine them instead.

• Raiden and Slimcoder like this

#9 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 05:30 AM

I wonder if this will require training sequences for every new quirk Deku discovers and also what about every new increment of 1fA? We've seen Deku slowly develop from 100% to 5% Full Cowl to now 20% Compressed Air Projectiles, Black Whip guy also implied that these new quirks powers are tied to the power of 1fA so maybe the quirks will develop similarly to how Deku has developed so far.

Edited by Urek Mazino, 18 January 2019 - 05:33 AM.

XE6c6KC.png?2

#10 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:49 AM

Yeah, I think it's just finesse that Deku has to master, for powers like Black Whip anw

#11 /2aw

/2aw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:26 PM

Man I used to wonder this. I always thought it was strange how he could store up and pass down only power. Personally I don't think this makes Deku any more broken than powers we've already seen. Shit AFO can still use more quirks than that, and steal quirks from people. I still think overhaul's quirk is pretty on par or the girl with the horn who's name i forget. Eri?

I'm also assuming this is the one thing AFO can't steal himself. It really makes OFA a perfect counter to it after a certain point. I have the feeling that AFO gave AFO the quirk to shigaraki too and the Nomu's allow a better use of AFO. You can only use so many quirks at once, especially with redundancies and such but with those things you can just dump the excess quirks into the perfect servants. It seems like there will be a new era of AFO vs OFA with both of the quirks being utilized better. 

My Manga

The sad reality of my favorite Manga

Current Theme Song

Badass of the moment:

Daytime Escanor

49914546_91x132.jpeg

Praise. The. Sun. See, if Chuck Norris had a love child with Bruce Lee and that child was trained by the Spartans it just MIGHT have the absurd levels of badass testosterone found in Escanor's left testicle. Escanor is the epitome of pride and badassery and he has no issues with letting it be known. His mere presence has been enough to end some powerful baddies, and he will make sure any fool willing to challenge him knows how pathetic their feeble attempts are. OP is an understatement and he wears it so gracefully.

#12 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:41 PM

How to explain to other students.

#13 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 02:18 PM

The guy already has trouble not trying to kill himself with just super-strength, so I don't think he'll be able to fully master all these abilities especially if they are all extremely varied. 

I assume he'll become a Jack of all Trades & learn each power enough to use them well enough in combat with good coordination with each other. 

• /2aw likes this

#14 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:28 PM

Lame. I know i should have expect this but Deku is way too overpowered with OfA. Hard to feel tension when hes become way too broken, just a matter of time. I hoenstly prefered if Deku never got AfO and actually used his intelect to become a hero, like ana ctuall udnerdog. But this is a stupid complain since it was estabilished chapter 1. Meh kidna prefered team work more then an OP main character,.

#15 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:47 PM

Hmm, I like this new development of OfA containing the powers of all the past users and that Deku will eventually be able to use 6 other quirks.

I trust Horikoshi's writing in so far that he won't make Deku too OP with this new development.

I also look forward to Deku training with other heroes with his new quirks.

#16 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,837 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 18 January 2019 - 08:28 PM

Awesome Chapter. I really like this development and it makes perfect sense. And I'm also glad that the fight wasn't interrupted after all ^^

8. 6 unknown Quirks (if the dude is telling the truth or he is correct about all previous owners (original dude, AfO's brother, not counted) having their own Quirks

7 is right, because All Might was quirkless too. (8 OFA Owners - 1 Quirkless - Original = 6). I guess Hellboy included his Black Whip Quirk into the 6 Quirks.

• Oben, Shin and Slimcoder like this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#17 Lucky Wolf

Lucky Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:06 AM

There's a part of me that doesn't want Deku to become as physically strong as All Might now since he was the greatest hero with just that quirk and now Deku is going to get at least 6 other useful quirks. 

• JDG973 likes this

#18 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:47 AM

Since with OFA is passed a quirk about stocpiling power, then it's only natural that the successor has all the means and possibilities to pass former user. Of course it depends on what the successor does with the quirk and himself, and since All Might pushed himself as far as to become Symbol of Peace it might be hard for others skip past him, but it sounds like something that could occur naturally.

#19 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,303 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:08 PM

Of course I am worried about Deku getting overpowered eventually.

OFA itself obviously

My guy, did you read the manga with your eyes closed all this time lol? How haven't you ever seen people theorize the whole "Avatar" concept with Deku?

All I'm waiting for at this point is to see whether or not Deku himself actually has a quirk that he just wasn't able to unlock, but him being confirmed to have access to the previous users quirks kinda makes this unnecessary now

Edited by Tokoya, 19 January 2019 - 01:11 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#20 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,633 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 07:27 PM

I feel like it’s unneeded due to Deku’s difficultly with using OfA, but he did say he became the greatest hero. Maybe this is how he defeats AfO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users