• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Luffy_PK

Luffy_PK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 07:30 PM

I trust Horikoshi and am sure he'll do this right. Everything so far has been a massive struggle for Deku, so I'm sure he's not gonna be super OP after this. Although I did like his physical enhancement power, it probably would be too similar to All Might alone. Time will tell
  • Fenrix and Slimcoder like this

#22 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,006 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:15 AM

I guess it does make sense that there would be other quirks from the past OfA users mixed in with the main OfA quirk. Since it is a little much to think that every user was quirkless like All Might and Deku. The only really weird thing is that All Might never knew about any of this. He was so close to defeating AfO and you think the other quirks would have helped him finally defeat him, and the past users would have tried to aid him too the same way they are with Deku. I guess maybe they can explain it away that All Might never doubted or wavered emotionally the way Deku has so they never had a opportunity to respond? Not sure. Also I thought that maybe Eri artificially unlocking Deku's 100% might have caused the quirk to react differently, but probably not.

Deku getting 6 new quirks does seem a bit broken when he is already one of the strongest students, but I guess it will take a while for him to learn to use them. It does kind of feel like him getting the gloves and trying to learn some longer range attacks were kind of pointless now though, but I guess we will find out with time. And him having to learn 6 new quirks does extend the life of the series quite a bit and maybe the series will follow the students into their 2nd or 3rd years.

Also I am surprised that the group 5 battle is still going on. Was thinking they would end it if something super strange like Deku unleashing some black whips randomly happened, but it is good for the arc to let the match end. Although I don't really see any way for Class A to lose now after all the focus has been taken away from the battle and been put on Deku. Like I don't see him going through that and then just losing here.

• Fenrix and Jekkusormi like this

#23 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,792 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:44 AM

I guess it does make sense that there would be other quirks from the past OfA users mixed in with the main OfA quirk. Since it is a little much to think that every user was quirkless like All Might and Deku. The only really weird thing is that All Might never knew about any of this. He was so close to defeating AfO and you think the other quirks would have helped him finally defeat him, and the past users would have tried to aid him too the same way they are with Deku. I guess maybe they can explain it away that All Might never doubted or wavered emotionally the way Deku has so they never had a opportunity to respond? Not sure. Also I thought that maybe Eri artificially unlocking Deku's 100% might have caused the quirk to react differently, but probably not.

Deku getting 6 new quirks does seem a bit broken when he is already one of the strongest students, but I guess it will take a while for him to learn to use them. It does kind of feel like him getting the gloves and trying to learn some longer range attacks were kind of pointless now though, but I guess we will find out with time. And him having to learn 6 new quirks does extend the life of the series quite a bit and maybe the series will follow the students into their 2nd or 3rd years.

Also I am surprised that the group 5 battle is still going on. Was thinking they would end it if something super strange like Deku unleashing some black whips randomly happened, but it is good for the arc to let the match end. Although I don't really see any way for Class A to lose now after all the focus has been taken away from the battle and been put on Deku. Like I don't see him going through that and then just losing here.

I think Hellboy already explained that this could only happen because the power accumulated was first strong enough after it passing down from AM to Deku. Didn'T he say something like that? (I think he even mentioned specifically that after 8 previous users now the power is high enough that he can use the other quirks)

• /2aw likes this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#24 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,006 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:28 PM

I think Hellboy already explained that this could only happen because the power accumulated was first strong enough after it passing down from AM to Deku. Didn'T he say something like that? (I think he even mentioned specifically that after 8 previous users now the power is high enough that he can use the other quirks)

Is that how it works? I guess I read it more like he was just commentating on how the OfA quirked worked rather than saying it reached a point where the other quirks the past users had can be used. Guess it will get explained more once Deku speaks with AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users