• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 19 January 2019 - 08:36 AM

2im2hp5.gif

https://www.crunchyr...ons/winter-2019

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season

Winter is here which means that between the mountains of snow and temperatures well below freezing most of us have the perfect excuse to stay indoors as much as possible, so what better time to binge watch your favorite shows.

That said I've been insanely busy with work so I haven't seen anything from this season yet. What shows are you guys following this season and does anything stand out as being particularly good.

• Tokoya, Grimmjagger and Fallen Angel like this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#2 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy

Posted 23 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

I'm currently all-in on Dororo, can't say that I saw a whole lot of this winter's season that seem appealing to me.

beddcde48156521f9348e4580280e674.gif

Wind is tickling my face as I have nothing but you in my mind.

#3 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,259 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:13 PM

After watching all of the 3rd episodes for the shows that I'm following, my 5 favorites (I'm excluding Neverland because I'm a manga reader and I already know how great it is as well as the good sequels like Mob Psycho 100) atm would have to be:

Tate no Yuusha

Boogiepop

Dororo

Kaguya-sama

Go-toubun no Hanayome

The last two are some of the better romcoms I've ever seen

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#4 Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2019 - 02:47 PM

I watched the first two episodes of Boogiepop and Others and I had no idea what was going on. I'll try to jump back into it after more episodes build to see if it's better to watch like that.

The Quintessential Quintuplets is good but Miku is so obviously best girl that it's kind of unfair to the other sisters :lol: 

Kaguya-sama is also good but I think ultimately 12 episodes is nowhere near enough for a series like this. So much of the romantic development between Shirogane and Kaguya as well as the individual character development with both them as well as the side characters occurs far enough in the manga that most of it won't make into the anime which is a shame. Also I would've loved to see that legendary rap battle with Fujiwara, Shirogane, Kaguya, and Hayasaca animated, that would've made this entire season for me.

#5 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,259 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:45 AM

I watched the first two episodes of Boogiepop and Others and I had no idea what was going on. I'll try to jump back into it after more episodes build to see if it's better to watch like that.

It's intentionally told in a non-linear fashion, but episode 3 is the end of that specific arc where everything comes together

The Quintessential Quintuplets is good but Miku is so obviously best girl that it's kind of unfair to the other sisters  

This times 1000.....But I will say that the only sisters I cannot stand are Itsuki and most of all Nino, Yotsuba and Ichika are pretty nice though

Edited by Tokoya, 28 January 2019 - 01:46 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#6 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:58 AM

Damn Dororo is soo good. Its also very sad.

Very interesting how the art style of the manga is silly yet in anime the theme is much more serious and dark.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users