63 replies to this topic

#61 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,089 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:44 PM

I'm more inclined into komurosaki being kinemon daughter. Was Odin a samurai?

I am still hesitant to the claim of it being confirmed, she could just be the daughter of some government official under the Kozouki, who got slain during the rebellion after all. Moreover a "distant" relation like aunt 2nd grade (dont know the term in english) is still within the scope of possibility as well imo. No need for her to actually be the sister, but as u said there r several things hinting at that to be the case.

I think what kind of sealed her being Momo's sister is how in this chapter Orochi was talking about Momo still being alive as they never found his body and it cut to a panel of Komurosaki just being silent. Then earlier in a previous chapter when Komurosaki was introduced it immediately cut to Momo talking about finding his sister. It it feels like Oda is setting her up to be the sister based off those. It would feel like a bit much to have it all be a misdirection, even if I would prefer it to be one.

• capu likes this

#62 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,376 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:33 AM

Well, red herring is a thing. It all depends on whether Oda has caught Kubo Syndrome and just wanted to troll.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#63 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,672 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:28 PM

If you're a convicted rapist and/or pedophile and/or a cold-blooded serial killer who happened to have some qualities I found admirable (e.g., championing freedom of thought, writing some texts that broaden and enlighten my worldviews), why not?

Unless you're actively trying to police my thoughts or blocking my access to knowledge which I found enriching and useful to me, I don't see why I should care whatever people thought morally and/or socially reprehensible in you.

Heck, that's the reason why I found Kurohige much more interesting (and loveable) than Luffy--he's the realistic version of a pirate in a predominantly "shounen" one as depicted in many, if not most characters in the OP universe.

Also, please never apologize for talking hyperbolically, Cap'n, you should only apologize if you're actively silencing any of your thoughts--hyperbolic or otherwise.

To de-derail the thread, I wonder if Zoro will get Kusanagi in Wano.

I agree that some people may have redeeming qualities and even some admirable qualities. My absolute favorite example of this is that Hitler started the first ever anti smoking campaign. (If you are a smoker this isnt a good example lol)

But when I say someone is an admirable person I mean they are a person I would point to and tell children to emulate their life after. I dont throw that complement around easily.

However characters can still be great characters without being admirable. Bartolomeo should never be admired or looked up to by anyone. But he is fun to read.
  • YoWid likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#64 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:48 PM

Should I remind you which manga you're reading again?

One Piece...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users