Magic Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 10:40 AM

New chapter

http://mangahaha.com...uest/chapter-18

https://readms.net/r...uest/180/5667/1

Well we know defeating a god dragon could take a few chapters. But knowing Fairy Tail, he could be defeated next chapter.

Is the White Mage some craz religious person that thinks she is doing good?

Edited by Magic Man, 08 February 2019 - 08:30 PM.

#2 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,290 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:04 PM

So, did she steal all of their magic?

• YoWid likes this

#3 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:07 PM

FT logic:

x - "hey who is that"

y - "a witch that can steal our magic"

x - "oh cool! hey everyone! Gather round to see the witch that can steal our power!"

:facepalm:

On another note, WHERE WAS THAT DRAGON-SLAYING ENHANCEMENT WHEN ROGUE ATTACKED WITH 7 DRAGONS, WENDY?!

• Blackody, Frankenstein and YoWid like this

#4 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,510 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:24 PM

Obligatory "FT opponent is unbelievably powerful" chapter before the "lets all share our power with Natsu so he can one shot that mofo" chapter

• Blackody, masterbio and YoWid like this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#5 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 03:33 AM

I really don't like that setup are we supposed to believe she's strong enough to take on all of FT's heavy hitters that aren't underwater atm? Just to as Strob said inevitably be beaten by Natsu later on in the story. C'mon Mashima you were making an interesting story but you had to fall back on dumb stuff like this. 

• KUROkami likes this

#6 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:14 AM

I really don't like that setup are we supposed to believe she's strong enough to take on all of FT's heavy hitters that aren't underwater atm? Just to as Strob said inevitably be beaten by Natsu later on in the story. C'mon Mashima you were making an interesting story but you had to fall back on dumb stuff like this. 

Was he?

Was he really?

I seriously think that Mashima is currently giving his all with Eden Zero, which I have to say, it has been really awesome until now!

#7 YoWid

YoWid

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • LocationTarrant's Valhalla

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2019 - 08:21 AM

So, did she steal all of their magic?

Hopefully yes, I'm eager to see just how Mashima could make nakama BS so brilliantly ridiculous that somehow she'll be overpowered (or temporarily banished?) from there? in the next three chapters.

Also, the next dragons Natsu and co gonna slay also will have some more sob stories that are progressively more sentimental with each encounter. Just see.

At this point, I found Eden's Zero a superior manga--at least there Mashima calls himself out (and, indeed, plays around) on the concept of Nakama Powah.

Maybe it's also my bias on sci-fi/space opera talking, but, eh.

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

#8 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 04:17 PM

Hmm, this chapter was strange. Natsu being overly emotional about killing the water god dragon is within his character, because the importance of nakama and stuff, but it felt...fake, I guess? Can't really describe it but I was not buying it.

#9 beakedbard

beakedbard

Skull Knight

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:57 AM

Was he?

Was he really?

I seriously think that Mashima is currently giving his all with Eden Zero, which I have to say, it has been really awesome until now!

Well at the very least far more interesting than the last couple of arcs of FT. I completely agree though EZ is far better atm.

#10 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:31 AM

Hmm, this chapter was strange. Natsu being overly emotional about killing the water god dragon is within his character, because the importance of nakama and stuff, but it felt...fake, I guess? Can't really describe it but I was not buying it.

Maybe because you've seen it already. . .and when I mean already, I mean the few hundred times before in the various manga/anime you may have read/watched.

Right now on some level you've realized its 'same sh!t, different manga'.

Posted Image

#11 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:49 PM

Maybe because you've seen it already. . .and when I mean already, I mean the few hundred times before in the various manga/anime you may have read/watched.

Right now on some level you've realized its 'same sh!t, different manga'.

Lol, I've had that realization years ago  :rolleyes:

It's more so of the fact that Natsu and crew barely knows the Water God for them to build such a deep connection that warrants hesitancy in fighting him. Also, when did Natsu's worldview become so dichotomous that he see things as "good guys vs. bad guys"? 

Like I mentioned before, it's not as if Natsu is doing anything out of character, but in this situation for some reason it felt forced. 

Edited by Fenrix, 13 February 2019 - 04:49 PM.

#12 Frankenstein

Frankenstein

Combat Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:50 PM

WHERE WAS THAT DRAGON-SLAYING ENHANCEMENT WHEN ROGUE ATTACKED WITH 7 DRAGONS, WENDY?!

I know I'm a week late but this times 20, wth Mashima?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users