Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 15 February 2019 - 01:34 PM

The gags in this chapter were hilarious, especially Shinobu (who seems surprisingly competent) and Zeus's blase face as Nami directed him at the Shogun.

Kyoshiro is becoming more and more interesting. It's highly likely that he saved her life by cutting her down (since it would be unheard of for Oda to cut someone like Komurasaki down so quickly - or at all). I'm not sure if this means he's loyal to Oden or would have been loyal to Oden, but he may be in love with Komurasaki and so is acting independently to save her?

Edited by Tale, 15 February 2019 - 01:36 PM.

#22 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 15 February 2019 - 05:19 PM

Oh my god hanzo!!!! He was my favorite naruto character. I cant wait to see what jutsu he uses now that he doesnt have the 11 sharingun on his arm to use izuami.....wait I though he died....and he looks like he really let himself go...

dude his name was danzo

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#23 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 05:40 PM

dude his name was danzo

Damn it. Not the biggest naruto fan. Hanzo was the salamander right? Who was a huge deal and finally showed up only to kill himself?

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#24 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 15 February 2019 - 05:45 PM

Damn it. Not the biggest naruto fan. Hanzo was the salamander right? Who was a huge deal and finally showed up only to kill himself?

Right.

• captain kidd likes this

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#25 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 08:25 PM

@capu

@Baks

Is it wrong that I actually enjoy FF 7, 8, 9, and 10 ?  :xD:  :xD:  :xD:  :xD:

• raptor13, capu, KUROkami and 1 other like this

#26 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:16 PM

Who will take down the orochi, is it Nami or Robin?

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#27 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:43 AM

This arc is such a mess.. but in a good way. Not really enjoying the whole memory loss Big Mom though, or more like I'm just not interested.

@capu btw FFIX is amazing. It's easily just as good as VII & X. :<_<:

Exactly, I couldn't careless about this Big Mum crap either tbh.

I thought we were fucking done with Big Mom and now Oda's foreshadowing she may possibly have a big role in this arc?

Big Mom, along with the Sanji crap was the weakest parts of her own arc and she is going to stink up this arc too. This whole amnesia plot device is too contrived to damned well work effectively.

The alliance does not need Big Mom. This arc did not need Big Mom either in it btw, adding her into now was unnecessary imo from Oda's part.

This arc does not need this version of Big Mom to take care of Kaidou. There are enough powerhouse pirates on the island or near the island that could join the fight with Luffy and Law.

Big Mom, as an ally, makes the fight against Kaido significantly easier and more realistic which in turn ruins the tension.

If Oda desperately wanted a Yonkou ally in this arc, why the fuck wouldn't you just use Shanks? Shanks is already beefing with Kaido, also Shanks does not need amnesia to work in the Luffy, Law and Kid alliance because Shanks already likes Luffy.

But why the hell do we need a Yonkou ally in the first place? Absolutely disgusted with BM's involvement here! Get rid of her.

Also LOL at Capu for calling FF IX the worst game in that series, when he conveniently forgets that the abominations of XIII and XV that exist.

Especially XV, which was released as a buggy and incomplete mess which still ain't complete even today despite all the dlc and patches that have come out for it.

#28 Oben

Oben

Reforged ♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,144 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:39 AM

Big Mom is the best villain in the series, so all of her appearances are appreciated, even if it has to be hamfisted with amnesia :P

Besides, she'll bust Luffy and Kidd out of prison, by that point everyone knows her location and her kids will come pick her up. It's hard to tell if she'll really get involved in the main fight with Kaidou, although it would be in her rational interest to do that - supporting Luffy would at the very least throw Kaidou's empire into chaos, at best overthrow him, so even if she doesn't want to wrestle herself, she can still provide logistics and stuff.

• Raiden likes this

#29 raptor13

raptor13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:50 AM

Really not excited for this chapter. Oda can say 11 days till the final fight alm he wants but that doesnt mean a damn thing to us..... the entire dr arc took place in one day....

Screw you translator, at least tell me something. Here I will do your freaking job for you.
Snake snake fruit, model: Yamata no orochi*
Legendary 8 headed 8 tailed dragon

See? Not freaking difficult. And that was less words then you used....

What a weird character. He seems to be able to do what ever he wants to anyone, very hard to believe he is holding back against robins whore clone....what ever her name is...

Oh good the ninja are a joke also. I was worried it would only be the shogun who is a gag character in this arc.....
Speaking of that, now that it is clear how much of a joke the shogun he is. Why did momo want to be the shogun? Remember when he said that? That's like someone aspiring to be spandam, not really a high bar. Or if coby aspired to be a marine commander (instead of an admiral) idk seems like a low goal now that we see the shogun.

You know some times in arc it makes sense why luffy and co feel indebted to the side characters. Like in EL the mermaid and child road with them all the way to EL. But here the attachment to o-toko seems a little...... forced.... she ate noodles then spilled the noodles and told them a joke.... yep that is a character robin should risk her life for.

Well nami.... every ninja art you have seen so far has been a joke. So why would you question this one any more....

Oh no he cut the whore.... I sure hope this isnt a trick because he is her father or some nonsense like that....

"Why did you do that?!?! Why did you kill the woman who made me look like a moron in front of the whole castle, it's not like I hold an important position right?!"
I........ am so..... unhappy with this arc....

Sooooooooooo did nami just effortlessly solo the shogun? I get the feeling she did....

Ok look at that, the translators putting their foot down, good for them. So what's her corps is.... was a whore and there is no question about it, however it is likely she got to chose her customers.......

Oh so hanzo is some important figure...... hey why did they give that name to throw away fodder then? That's like an American book giving the name Washington to some punk background character right?

Still mad some ugly old ninja character has such a cool fruit.....diamante, the 3rdish in command of the DD crew, had the flag fruit..... but random throw away helper ninja has the decay fruit.....great. next up o-toko will be revealed to use my long awaited plasma logia, and green bull will use the bull zoan.
Oh wait even worse!!!! Shiellew, who some erenously believe is BB's number 2, uses the invisible fruit, yet this forgettable fodder uses the decay fruit....

Got to give you credit Kidd, every one of these lines had me snickering.

Edited to add:  Just to "slash" (sorry, bad pun) some peoples perceptives, Robin 2.0 isn't dead.  Looks like her and Zoro 2.0 had this planned.  Even their words felt scripted to give her that martyr feeling.  Notice how she is suddenly so fearless to face the Shogun, not so happy/a little concerned when he actually grabs her, then happy relieved when Zoro 2.0 arrives.  Might even be something between them, or at the very least, he is her bodyguard.

Edited by raptor13, 16 February 2019 - 06:03 AM.

Next Nakama ballot:

Spoiler

#30 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,403 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:51 AM

I guess Kiyoshiro's sword has a DF and it will be like Sesshoumaru's sword or Bleach's Hanataro's Zanpakutou or Komurasaki has Robin's superior/inferior DF or it's a real slash just not as lethal as it looks.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#31 raptor13

raptor13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:10 AM

I am a bit confused with this, according to the spoilers it was Komurasaki who had the rebel paper, but in the paragraph itself i find it pretty unclear as to whom it eventually belonged to (maybe because i was in a hurry this morning when i read the chapter, will read the MS trans and check it up soon). 

REREAD: still dont find it clear as to whom had the paper originally....

Robin 2.0 had the paper.  Page 14 first panel, notice the floor pattern behind her 'corpse' is the same floor pattern as in panel 4 with the hand.

Next Nakama ballot:

Spoiler

#32 Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:09 AM

It would be the most interesting for the plot if Komurasaki were actually dead, to hype Kyoshiro as a villain and, if she was indeed Momo's sister, make the upcoming fight more personal.

I have to disagree here, I think this would actually be the least interesting path to take if what you said is the intended goal.

For one thing the upcoming fight is not at all lacking in personal stakes for the time travel group given that the Shogun is responsible for the death of both of Momo's parents who are also the very people the retainers were sworn to protect but instead were protected by them. This is all a very recent event from their point of view so they probably have as much personal motivation as any character in this series has ever had.

Secondly and more importantly they've already accepted the possibility that Hiyori might be dead so for her to killed before they even meet her is not meaningfully different than if she had died at any point during the previous 20 years. It would be one thing if the Momo and Kinemon had reunited with Hiyori and spent time with her only to have Kyoshiro kill her afterwards which would be a lot more affective. Though even then I probably still wouldn't like it since I feel the Kozuki family has suffered enough so creating an additional Kozuki child just to kill her off in order to make the fight more "personal" would be cheap in my opinion.  

If Komurasaki isn't Hiyori then I'd be much more okay with her being dead but I still don't see how killing her would hype Kyoshiro much as she isn't very strong. I would be much more impressed if he were to cut down one of the retainers such as Kanjuro or Kinemon.

That Kaguya-sama reference though. I'm expecting someone to draw Komurasaki doing the "how cute" face.

Same here. That was the first thing I thought of when reading the chapter, well that and the fact the ninja working wouldn't be able to survive on Thriller Bark.

• Raiden and Chillman like this

#33 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:42 AM

This arc is such a mess.. but in a good way. Not really enjoying the whole memory loss Big Mom though, or more like I'm just not interested.

@capu btw FFIX is amazing. It's easily just as good as VII & X. :<_<:

Well i for one did not like playing kid characters....

#34 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:10 PM

I guess Kiyoshiro's sword has a DF and it will be like Sesshoumaru's sword or Bleach's Hanataro's Zanpakutou or Komurasaki has Robin's superior/inferior DF or it's a real slash just not as lethal as it looks.

No didn't you hear her? She is the child of a samurai, clearly that means she can take 100 more slashes like that she is just playing opossum because ..... her bravery only goes so far....

Hey that is an important point, regardless of what ever this trick is, the dude's blade is covered in paralysis....juice... then the whore's bravery is gone and she is taking a very wimpy way out for someone who just refused to kneel for orochi.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#35 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 19 February 2019 - 04:51 AM

Yeah, this chapter had some fun gags. Brook scaring people never gets old and the Shinobu page where that ninja "mistakes" her for someone was pretty great. Not a whole lot to discuss really, but I guess the chapter had some itneresting moments.

Kyoshiro cutting down Komurasaki will probably be a fake out. It feels like there will be something more to that and she will be okay in the end. Maybe Kyoshiro or her have some fruit ability that made it just look like he killed her. I guess it was interesting to see that she had one of those cards the samurai were giving to other rebels. It would make sense if she is Momo's sister that she would believe in the legend and would be a rebel too.

Probably the most interesting thing in the chapter was Chopper and Big Mom. I feel like they will have a fun dynamic in the arc and it seems that Big Mom has regressed to the mindset of a child. So I can envision them trying to get her to do things and constantly running into problems if they are going to try and use her as a weapon. I guess they will just temp her with food and it will all blow up in their face like what happened when she was a child living with the giants.

• Raiden likes this

#36 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:54 AM

So Kyoshiro is something like W7 Franky. And Komurasaki is Pluto(thing of great interest).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users