Posted 08 March 2019 - 03:06 AM

https://www.mangatai...ro-academia-219

#2 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:11 AM

Cmoon Bakugo, would it kill you to shut up and chill for five minutes? Really making it hard to try to like you here. Doesn't work with Asta from Black Clover, doesn't work here either.....

I really have good feeling for President.
If I were a villain, I'd do things carefully too (ok killing off your subordinate for him not liking your ideals is kind of petty but hey, no lose ends and he actually did confirm that no-one will miss him).

I had already forgot about Gigante or whoever the big boy is ._.
This should be interesting too
  • Raiden likes this

17.jpg

#3 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,109 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:48 PM

Why the hell is Gigantomachia trashing the Villain Alliance for anyways?

That makes no sense, since they all follow AFO.

Anyways, I loved his demolition job of the VA.

The interaction between Shoto and Bakugou for this chapter was hilarious too. XD

#4 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 05:49 PM

That makes no sense, since they all follow AFO.

Maybe he thinks they're poor replacements for AFO.

• Slimcoder likes this

#5 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,268 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:05 PM

Cmoon Bakugo, would it kill you to shut up and chill for five minutes? Really making it hard to try to like you here. Doesn't work with Asta from Black Clover, doesn't work here either.....

I really have good feeling for President.
If I were a villain, I'd do things carefully too (ok killing off your subordinate for him not liking your ideals is kind of petty but hey, no lose ends and he actually did confirm that no-one will miss him).

I had already forgot about Gigante or whoever the big boy is ._.
This should be interesting too

I'm insulted that you would compare BakuGOAT to Great Value Naruto
  • number21 and Slimcoder like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#6 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 02:48 AM

I'm insulted that you would compare BakuGOAT to Great Value Naruto

Yeah I guess that's not fair to Asta.

Edited by Jekkusormi, 10 March 2019 - 06:00 AM.

• Raiden and Fallen Angel like this

17.jpg

#7 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 03:51 AM

Yeah I guess that's not fair to Asta.

Nah its not fair to Bakugo. 

Sure he may be a jerk but that's better than being an annoying dumbass like Asta. Besides he's an amusing jerk, he didn't do anything bad this chapter. 

So Giganto is attacking the League because he finds them unworthy of AFO's legacy. Its shown by the dialogue he appears to be testing them and is finding them wanting at the moment. 

• Jekkusormi likes this

#8 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 06:02 AM

Nah its not fair to Bakugo. 

Sure he may be a jerk but that's better than being an annoying dumbass like Asta. Besides he's an amusing jerk, he didn't do anything bad this chapter. 

So Giganto is attacking the League because he finds them unworthy of AFO's legacy. Its shown by the dialogue he appears to be testing them and is finding them wanting at the moment. 

Well I guess amusing is debatable (afterall I like Minetas pervy shenanigans unlike many others) but if what I bolded counts as achievement, it tells something about a character and therefore I don't know if I will ever like Bakugo. :shrug:

Kudos to you though, you're literally the first one to give an actual explanation defending him, unlike the numerous "Nah you just don't get my BakuGOAT" (which btw I have absolutely no idea what the 'goat' stands for other than the farmanimal which meat tastes like wool and dairy products funny).

Oh and totally agree with you about Giganto

Edited by Jekkusormi, 11 March 2019 - 06:03 AM.

• Raiden and Slimcoder like this

17.jpg

#9 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:30 AM

Well I guess amusing is debatable (afterall I like Minetas pervy shenanigans unlike many others) but if what I bolded counts as achievement, it tells something about a character and therefore I don't know if I will ever like Bakugo. :shrug:

Kudos to you though, you're literally the first one to give an actual explanation defending him, unlike the numerous "Nah you just don't get my BakuGOAT" (which btw I have absolutely no idea what the 'goat' stands for other than the farmanimal which meat tastes like wool and dairy products funny).

Oh and totally agree with you about Giganto

Well he's an ass I'm not denying that, its a core part of his character & overall appeal. If he's not pissed off & cursing like a sailor, its not Bakugo.

He's like Vegeta, their both jackasses for the most part whose justified arrogance can be seen as charming & it took them a while to mellow out (especially in the case of Vegeta was an uncaring bastard who abused his future-son, neglected the mother of his child and his present-day son for the most part until he died a second time). Even to this day in Dragon Ball where Vegeta has moved on to being a generally decent person, he's still tends to act like a fuckwad, "Muh Saiyan Pride & all that". Its who they are as people, even in their most benign moments they still have a little bit of that prickliness which is a common character archetype & I think is accurate for a good deal of people in real life. 

Also as I recall GOAT is an acronym that stands for "Greatest Of All Time". 

Edited by Slimcoder, 11 March 2019 - 07:45 AM.

#10 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:02 AM

For me at least it's not the character traits of Bakugo that bother me but the scale of them. The intensity and the ubiquitousness of his anger is so high that it begins to feel fake and what should be strong character moments begin to lose their impact because his emotions usually feel manufactured. Sure there are times when it feels justified such as against Monoma in the second round of the Sports Festival but for the most part he's just angry and aggressive for no good reason even when it doesn't make sense for the situation. He's not so much easily triggered as he is permanently triggered and it gets old really fast. If he toned it down just a little he would be a more believeable character and it would make his moments less repetitive and stand out more.

Also if we're comparing Bakugo to anyone from Black Clover than it would be Mereoleona or Zora and quite frankly they're both better at being Bakugo than the real Bakugo.

• Raiden, Shin, Kaidou and 3 others like this

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime Updated

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#11 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,268 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:27 PM

you're literally the first one to give an actual explanation defending him, unlike the numerous "Nah you just don't get my BakuGOAT"

Except you didn't ask for an explanation lol, all you did was proceeded to insult him/re-iterate your disdain of him even further  :psyduck: And Slim is correct, GOAT = Greatest of All Time

But since you want explanations I'll gladly give it to you. Some of the reasons as to why Bakugou is so popular/loved and is a great character is because:

Spoiler This is a long rant so I'm gonna keep this in tags

Yall can hate on BakuGOAT as much as you want, but to deny his strengths, growth and good qualities is just disrespectful....Put some RESPEK on this man's name lol

Edited by Tokoya, 11 March 2019 - 11:50 PM.

• JDG973, number21, Jekkusormi and 2 others like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#12 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,041 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:53 AM

It is tough. Sometimes I don't mind Bakugo's act of being an asshole, but other times I do find it a little grating. In this instance I would probably lean towards it being grating as he is just yelling just for the sake of it, but when he is doing that with Deku or in a different kind of situation it feels more appropriate. Maybe it would have worked better here if he was being more boastful instead of more insulting, but I dunno. I still like his character a fair amount so it doesn't really bother me regardless.

Anyway, it looks like we might get a mini League of Villains training arc, lol. I was not expecting that. Also wold not have guessed that that Giga giant guy was going to be the one training him, and he would do it while crying. What a bizarre scene. Guess we are going to get a lot of backstory on how AfO and him met maybe, which would be neat.

Also I really liked that scene with the President and the League supplier. Was interesting to see how the supplier has certain standards he followed and he refused to cooperate, even though he works for the League who does bad things themselves, but I liked that dynamic. It isn't all equal to him. Also I really like the President's crazy look and I wonder if he has some way or quirk that will let him get the supplier's info against their will maybe.

• Jekkusormi and Slimcoder like this

#13 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:44 AM

Except you didn't ask for an explanation lol, all you did was proceeded to insult him/re-iterate your disdain of him even further  :psyduck: And Slim is correct, GOAT = Greatest of All Time

But since you want explanations I'll gladly give it to you. Some of the reasons as to why Bakugou is so popular/loved and is a great character is because:

Yall can hate on BakuGOAT as much as you want, but to deny his strengths, growth and good qualities is just disrespectful....Put some RESPEK on this man's name lol

Bakugou sucks.Hes an asshole.

• Tokoya likes this

#14 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:03 PM

Bakugou sucks.Hes an asshole.

Massive Wall of Text vs. 5 Words. 

Hilarious.  :laugh:

Edited by Slimcoder, 14 March 2019 - 04:04 PM.

#15 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:19 PM

Hilarious.  :laugh:

He put so mutch effort in that wall of text XD

#16 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:05 PM

He put so mutch effort in that wall of text XD

And you put so little effort. Opposite extremes, unstoppable force meets immovable object.  :lol:

• Tokoya likes this

#17 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,268 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:45 AM

Hilarious. :laugh:

I love it too lol

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#18 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 19 March 2019 - 03:39 PM

In Trope terms Bokugou is either an 'Asshole/Jerk with a Heart of Gold" or "Asshole/Jerk Hero(In Training of course)".

As for people complaining about Deku's BS Quirk(BS No Jutsu but keeping it within the theme of this manga), just remember who the publisher is and their long running history of having magnakas creating these kind of characters.

By the way - The Link to the Chapter is a 404.

Edited by Graeystone, 19 March 2019 - 03:46 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users