• 11,308 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:46 AM

Very curious to see how the LoV are gonna get buffed

"My Villain Academia" tho :lmao:
  • Raiden likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#3 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:42 PM

We learnt a lot about Spinners past, but still it seems he just looks different and doesn't have an actual quirk.

Also, love the world building with that religious group.

It also explains why we haven't seen or heard much of the VA since Overhaul's arc

I'm hoping that this arc is gonna see the VA heading up against the Liberation Army. Once Shiggy and the others presumably getting sort of training boost from Gigantomachia.

Really curious about who AFO's doctor is, that guy who communicated with Shiggy at the end of the chapter.

Though my favourite part of the chapter, was the chapter title itself. My Villain Academia, I am digging it. XD

#4 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:12 PM

@Tokoya

Read you little novel about Bakugo and it sure was good. As there was mentioned, his asshattery is explained but still doesn't mean he should treat Deku how he treats him. Now I think it's even more important that someone rubs his face on dirt. Not to humiliate him but to show him that he is not #1 and that might actually help him with his complex.

And in case it was unclear, I never said that Bakugo was weak or something like that. One of the few things I've liked about him for a longer time is that while he's rushing headfirst to combat, he actually uses his quirk (which actually is his superior durability on his fingers if you think about it: Hold a firecracker in your hand, blow it up and count your remaining fingers afterwards. Bakugo doesn't need to count them even after the big and numerous explosions he's made)  well and makes smart moves.

About the chapter:

Nice to get atleast some info about Spinner. I wonder if he has some other quirk besides looking like lizard, maybe lizard oriented ones like regeneration, wall-climbing or even something completely different. I mean, Tokoyami has a birdhead while he still controls a shadowy monster and Majin Boobs Ashido has pink skin, black eyes and antlers and she still produces acid.

I have a good feeling about Gigantomachia (had to google his name, it was driving me crazy). There's just something cool aobut him that I can't put my finger on. Can't wait to see more of him, he might rise to top 3 of BnHA villains right after Gentle and Stain. I'm making a bet now that in anime he's going to be voiced by Fumihiko Tachiki (Zaraki from Bleach, Akainu from One Piece). MAYBE Tessho Genda (Kurama from Naruto, Kaido from One Piece) but Fumihiko is still my 1st choice.

I like how we get to see Shigaraki grow

• Tokoya and Raiden like this

17.jpg

#5 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,121 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:51 AM

My Villain Academia, haha. I like how the author gets the joke in setting up an arc around the villains and is having fun with it.

The story feels VERY X-Men-ish now with how they were fighting this group of radicals that hated "mutant" quirk users. I guess it was the natural direction that the story would go if the author wanted to try and do more with the villains and try and differentiate them from other groups. They very much feel like they are turning into the Brotherhood from X-Men with their motivations and trying to change the world with the appearance of some shades of righteousness thrown in.

I do really like the dynamics between the League of Villains' members. It is really fun to see them interact and play off each other, and in some ways it comes off as a lot better than the 1-A student dynamics. Also I never noticed that the lizard guy was supposed to be dressed up as Stain. I'm not the biggest fan of Stain so maybe that is why I didn't see it, lol, but I like how he was inspired by him at least even if I didn't like Stain's character.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users