• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#41 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 06:03 AM

The way i understand the official translation provided by shueisha via mangaplus i dont see it the way u do. In mangaplus it is clear to me that Luffy generelly calls Ray-sans Haki massiv and that he is dissatisfied that he cant use it the way Ray-san could, he aint comparing the power of haki coating and the power of "invisible" haki the way Ray-san used it during the TS  at all, if u ask me.

is mangaplus official?

https://www.viz.com/...938?action=read

well, reading the official one I can confirm that

Luffysays that Rayleigh haki was really impressive and that he is still miles always from perfecting it.

The official also dives in the queen and his association with plaque. He says high numbers and time form a plague. The same way he likes to takes down his foes. I suppose if he decides to fight luffy in a hour or so he will have the upper hand given luffy exhaustion by using too much haki.

Zoro part is also better translated as the word "forged" puts things in a better perspective than "it become".

Edited by Abaroxa, 27 March 2019 - 06:03 AM.

• capu likes this

#42 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:23 AM

Oh wow...... so.... ok I guess I was wrong. Oda is apparently un retconning CoA. Now there is "barrier" haki like everyone talked about.... however this does mean that sentormaru can use the advanced barrier haki but dd, vergo and dogtooth cant.

Well sentomaru was beating pre-ts luffy very easily. Not a easy task. Not even the vice admiral could do that in MF. And I say this emission haki is just a different approach to what we know as enhancing haki. (I’m looking at nen for clarity) . It doesn’t mean its better, just different. Luffy can already do black haki and then when using g4 he mixes it with his fruit power maintaining hardness and bounciness. That itself is already impressive.
I see it as CoO that has sensing soul feelings , hearing souls voices and seeing souls auras. One isn’t particularly better than the other. In some situations yes, but overall they are equal-ish. Together they allowed luffy to beat katakuri which has future sight.

Ok wano was the country of gold. Why not. They are already the only country that sea stone comes from. The country that made the graded weapons. The country that made the phoyneglyhis..... 30 chapters until it is revealed DF come from wano. And for the final act it will be revealed that all human Fishman and other life came from wano. Also vp came from wano but left because he was too stupid.

In monsters the one shot Oda made. They were stealing the town gold. We can see by the design that those weren’t from wano as they weren’t using the traditional japan clouding.
So yeah at some point people knew of wano for the gold to the point that people were travelling there to steal their fortune.
Another thing I got from this chapter was the fact that he says the world nobles tried to get the gold. This means that this was something that happened after the void century.
So ryuuma is the man that put wano on the map as a massive military force. To the point that the marines still think twice before going there. Talk about being nerfed. Ryuuma as a zombie was nothing compared to his real self. People keep saying that moira fruit is awesome because it can bring the dead but I don’t see any benefits of bringing anyone if all you have is traces of their former self. Imagine WB coming back and he is around vice admiral lvl. It takes the awesomeness out of it.

Ok good glad zoro said that. Let's talk about this for a second. It is well documented zoro isnt as good with one sword, and we have seen many times when he loses a sword.....many.... kuro arc el/Tb dr and now wano. Why doesn't he carry more swords? He is surely strong enough, or if he doesnt want to carry more into battle, why doesnt he have any back at the ship? Just 1 back up would be a good idea. He went from el to tb with 2 swords because he had no back ups.

Zoro is the most nerfed character in the crew.
Luffy actually did one thing right which was recruit zoro. Zoro was very infamous in east blue. Everybody knew who he was. He was even recruited to be in baroque works before joining luffy. This mas was already a beast.

Oh blades become black. Ok but you still havent explained why black is better. At first I assumed mihawks was special. Then the graded swords were introduced then a 2nd black blade showed up and I assumed all supreme grade swords were black. But some arnt. And zoros black blade isnt supreme grade..... zoro has another blade the same grade as the black blade and it is normal. So explain why black blades are better then the 12 supreme grade swords that arnt black.

My biggest problem with this is the fact that I thought that in MF we weren’t seeing any black haki because we were seeing it from luffy eyes. If he couldn’t see it, then we couldn’t it either. That was my explanation for the lack of use of it in the war and the reason why luffy didn’t know anything about it. But then we get Z title of black arm. I thought it was 1 because it was a film 2 some people knew the real reason and others just went with it (kind of like garp and his title associated with rox). But now we have black swords and all sort of stuff that led me to believe non haki user could see it all along. Thus, this mean that people see other turning their body parts black and don’t question it. Didn’t luffy ever see someone doing haki in front of him?

• Raiden likes this

#43 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:03 AM

is mangaplus official?
I thought it was, but now that u question it, i aint so certain anymore.

#44 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,608 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 11:52 AM

He is frustrated that he's not good enough at CoA to do it. Sentoumaru always stroke me as a very good CoA user and the boa sisters have been training it all their lives. It's expected they can use advanced techniques and not Luffy, who's basically an amateur with absurdly good talent.

About the chapter, I'm disliking more and more the abundancy of perfect training situations Luffy finds himself in.

Me and you have vastly different ideas of what "perfect" is.

Well sentomaru was beating pre-ts luffy very easily. Not a easy task. Not even the vice admiral could do that in MF. And I say this emission haki is just a different approach to what we know as enhancing haki. (I’m looking at nen for clarity) . It doesn’t mean its better, just different. Luffy can already do black haki and then when using g4 he mixes it with his fruit power maintaining hardness and bounciness. That itself is already impressive.
I see it as CoO that has sensing soul feelings , hearing souls voices and seeing souls auras. One isn’t particularly better than the other. In some situations yes, but overall they are equal-ish. Together they allowed luffy to beat katakuri which has future sight.

In monsters the one shot Oda made. They were stealing the town gold. We can see by the design that those weren’t from wano as they weren’t using the traditional japan clouding.
So yeah at some point people knew of wano for the gold to the point that people were travelling there to steal their fortune.
Another thing I got from this chapter was the fact that he says the world nobles tried to get the gold. This means that this was something that happened after the void century.
So ryuuma is the man that put wano on the map as a massive military force. To the point that the marines still think twice before going there. Talk about being nerfed. Ryuuma as a zombie was nothing compared to his real self. People keep saying that moira fruit is awesome because it can bring the dead but I don’t see any benefits of bringing anyone if all you have is traces of their former self. Imagine WB coming back and he is around vice admiral lvl. It takes the awesomeness out of it.

Zoro is the most nerfed character in the crew.
Luffy actually did one thing right which was recruit zoro. Zoro was very infamous in east blue. Everybody knew who he was. He was even recruited to be in baroque works before joining luffy. This mas was already a beast.

My biggest problem with this is the fact that I thought that in MF we weren’t seeing any black haki because we were seeing it from luffy eyes. If he couldn’t see it, then we couldn’t it either. That was my explanation for the lack of use of it in the war and the reason why luffy didn’t know anything about it. But then we get Z title of black arm. I thought it was 1 because it was a film 2 some people knew the real reason and others just went with it (kind of like garp and his title associated with rox). But now we have black swords and all sort of stuff that led me to believe non haki user could see it all along. Thus, this mean that people see other turning their body parts black and don’t question it. Didn’t luffy ever see someone doing haki in front of him?

You sure the va couldn't beat pre ts luffy just as easily? We didnt really see them do anything but we saw smoker who isnt a va easily best luffy and we saw 2 va in the WB war easily ....attack luffy. However all those times luffy was very injured.

Also I have to disagree with you about the different haki. CoO if you want to label all those different types of coo there are clear betters.
And CoA if there is a type that makes barriers like the old haki, that IS 100% better then the haki we have now. I always wondered
"well haki is cool and all but it cant stop elements, so how will luffy ever fight akainu?"
Well here is the answer, barrier haki. Normal coa surely wouldn't stop on touch df abilities like sugar's or laws or crocodile's, but barrier will. And how else could luffy fight akainu? Normal haki wont stop heat that is ridiculous. But barriers can keep akainu's fist away from luffy's body so he wont get a hole burnt in him.

Also, I am really really hopping this barrier CoA is just limited to hands like it was pre TS. CoA users could use their hands to deflect attacks, makes sense, they have slightly better haki at their hands. How stupid would it be to see someone attack luffy from behind and a barrier pops out of his ass and he blocked their attack?

You shouldn't put too much thought into haki pre ts. Oda admitted it himself that the black thing he just did once and it stuck. Which means the elephant gun under water was the first time he did that and he liked it so much he kept up with it.

I was happy when he made CoA black instead of barriers. It made alot more sense. The LAST thing I want is for OP fights to turn into HSDK fights where there are just non stop bullshit animation swooshs all over the page. I mean some manga have so much exterior stuff that you dont even know what is going on.
Do you know what I am saying? Some fights in a manga you cant even tell what is going on because the artist is drawling some weird stuff to show motion.... either way I am glad OP doesnt suffer from too much of that and the barrier looking haki would only look bad.

But now we are back up to 2 different types of CoA... why? Who knows. I am thought we only needed one type of armor to punch someone in the face with.... I know I defended this as a good way to beat akainu and other df users but I was certain oda was just going to have luffy block magma punches by caring about his friends hard enough.....ft style.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#45 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:20 PM

alk about being nerfed. Ryuuma as a zombie was nothing compared to his real self. People keep saying that moira fruit is awesome because it can bring the dead but I don’t see any benefits of bringing anyone if all you have is traces of their former self.

Moria brought to life few hundred years old corpse and infused weakling's shadow into it. We know that soul is very important part of fighting capability. So Ryuma at prime was top soul(will(haki)+top body.

• Raiden likes this

#46 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,951 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 27 March 2019 - 02:30 PM

He is frustrated that he's not good enough at CoA to do it. Sentoumaru always stroke me as a very good CoA user and the boa sisters have been training it all their lives. It's expected they can use advanced techniques and not Luffy, who's basically an amateur with absurdly good talent.

About the chapter, I'm disliking more and more the abundancy of perfect training situations Luffy finds himself in.

Well sentoumaru even said that he has the strongest haki among the marine or something along this line.

2mg5kyb.jpg

#47 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 09:24 AM

You sure the va couldn't beat pre ts luffy just as easily? We didnt really see them do anything but we saw smoker who isnt a va easily best luffy and we saw 2 va in the WB war easily ....attack luffy. However all those times luffy was very injured.

Also I have to disagree with you about the different haki. CoO if you want to label all those different types of coo there are clear betters.

Are you disagreeing with the fact that I neglect the clear indications of this external CoA being superior to the black CoA or my take on CoO and its different types?

And CoA if there is a type that makes barriers like the old haki, that IS 100% better then the haki we have now. I always wondered
"well haki is cool and all but it cant stop elements, so how will luffy ever fight akainu?"
Well here is the answer, barrier haki. Normal coa surely wouldn't stop on touch df abilities like sugar's or laws or crocodile's, but barrier will. And how else could luffy fight akainu? Normal haki wont stop heat that is ridiculous. But barriers can keep akainu's fist away from luffy's body so he wont get a hole burnt in him.

Also, I am really really hopping this barrier CoA is just limited to hands like it was pre TS. CoA users could use their hands to deflect attacks, makes sense, they have slightly better haki at their hands. How stupid would it be to see someone attack luffy from behind and a barrier pops out of his ass and he blocked their attack?

I was happy when he made CoA black instead of barriers. It made alot more sense. The LAST thing I want is for OP fights to turn into HSDK fights where there are just non stop bullshit animation swooshs all over the page. I mean some manga have so much exterior stuff that you dont even know what is going on.
Do you know what I am saying? Some fights in a manga you cant even tell what is going on because the artist is drawling some weird stuff to show motion.... either way I am glad OP doesnt suffer from too much of that and the barrier looking haki would only look bad.

HSDK = Hayabusa Sanada Dengekichou?
When I see swooshs and scribbles I just assume the writer is being lazy and leaving it open for the animators to do as they please in the anime. Unfortunately onepiece doesn't have a good anime for that to happen. Actually I had a hard time reading MF. It all made sense later on when I saw it in the anime.

If analyse the properties of each of this CoA and what they bring into the table then the internal one is better for weapon users and contact df users. Swordsmen, pistol users and long ranged weapon users clearly win here. There is no real way to know who has better CoA than a clash and if you are wrong against a sword or bullet it might just cost you your life. Look at vergo and pika, both thought they were going to win.
The internal one is also good for overall defence when you don't know where the enemy is going to attack from. This is assuming you can only do your external one with your hands.

At this point CoC doesn't seem as impressive as it was 10 years ago.
Normal  haki has armour, barriers, action precognition and presence detection. Conqueror haki can put some fodders to sleep.
Just get more fodders on your side/.

You shouldn't put too much thought into haki pre ts. Oda admitted it himself that the black thing he just did once and it stuck. Which means the elephant gun under water was the first time he did that and he liked it so much he kept up with it.

But now we are back up to 2 different types of CoA... why? Who knows. I am thought we only needed one type of armor to punch someone in the face with.... I know I defended this as a good way to beat akainu and other df users but I was certain oda was just going to have luffy block magma punches by caring about his friends hard enough.....ft style.

Don't really want to compare onepiece with FT but haki is just a lazy explanation for all the "nakama power" moments in pre-ts. What luffy should never have defeated croco. It was haki unintentional. He only beat lucci because he saw usopp and got nakama boost. Nope, haki. This was kind of a checkmate from Oda. Now going further into post-ts. Things aren't so clear as we would've expected. Specially in the CoO department.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users