https://readms.net/r...5754/1?mobile=1

17.jpg

#2 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 03:44 AM

Nice chapter, I am just wondering if this Doctor has been mentioned before in the manga prior to this chapter.

Anyways, I am wondering what he wants Shiggy to do for him, so that Shiggy can earn his trust.

Besides that, I assume that the bullets that Shiggy wants duplicated are, referred to on this page:

https://www.mangatai...mia-221?page=12

Are most likely the quirk erasing bullets that Overhaul created.

#3 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 04:06 AM

Nice chapter, I am just wondering if this Doctor has been mentioned before in the manga prior to this chapter.

Anyways, I am wondering what he wants Shiggy to do for him, so that Shiggy can earn his trust.

Besides that, I assume that the bullets that Shiggy wants duplicated are, referred to on this page:

https://www.mangatai...mia-221?page=12

Are most likely the quirk erasing bullets that Overhaul created.

I think so too, weren't those bullets the very reason LoV teamed up with Yakuza?

17.jpg

#4 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,084 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:54 AM

There is the theory that it's the doctor that diagnosed Midoriya as quirkless (not mine, saw it elsewhere):

http://mangaseeonlin...-1-page-24.html

Who does actually look pretty similar. But it's also rather flimsy.

• Raiden, Shin, Abaroxa and 1 other like this

#5 Youngflash

Youngflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:29 AM

There is the theory that it's the doctor that diagnosed Midoriya as quirkless (not mine, saw it elsewhere):

Wow. That's truly interesting. So all for one could have taken his quirk... seeing that it may have been quite a good one. So this theory may shape up...

#6 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:05 AM

Is it me do most of the villains(and certain heroes) that have the type eye designs that make them look they belong in Attack on Titan? Just look at Tomura when he isn't 'face palming'. Every time I look at his eyes and how they're drawn, I can't help but think of Attack on Titan.

Posted Image

#7 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:48 AM

I was just going to address this. This was already a theory before this chapter, and I think the similarity is enough to suspect the theory might be true in the end. If he indeed is the same doctor, this leaves us with two options:

1) The doctor lied to young Midoriya for whatever reason and he DOES STILL have a quirk (not that likely)

2) The doctor lied but he STOLE Deku's quirk (As @Youngflash said and most people rooting for the doctor being the same have said). This is a pretty nice theory. The Doctor is a real-life doctor and whenever he finds a kid with an interesting quirk for AfO he steals it (as in, reports it to AfO and he steals it or however that's done) and tells the diagnosed person he/she doesn't have a quirk. Pretty neat method of acquiring quirks if you ask me. If that was the case Deku would learn about it and maybe even try and get his quirk back or something... who knows. It would be a nice plot-line though.

3) The doctor said the truth. This sounds like a lame option but now just imagine it: Scenario 2 happens, everything hints towards Deku having had a quirk (as in, the doctor is revealed to do that to patients) and after emotional struggle to deal with it Deku ends up learning it was true for him and he did NOT have a quirk -> More emotional struggle.

4) The doctor said the truth bc he didn't detect any quirk but Deku DOES have one but wasn't detectable, and develops later for whatever reason. Not half as interesting, but still possible. 

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#8 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:49 AM

I sincerely hope that Deku did not have quirk at all. For starters, what quirk would have been strong enough for AfO to be interested in? Breathing fire? Pulling small objects towards himself? Or mix of those, pulling fire towards himself, maybe swallowing fire?

I love how Deku was born without quirk and how he simply lucked out when he met All Might. And didn't All Might give OfA to Deku because he had so much potential but didn't have quirk? If Deku had had quirk but it was stolen, atleast for me, it would pretty much ruin the simplicity.

3) The doctor said the truth. This sounds like a lame option but now just imagine it: Scenario 2 happens, everything hints towards Deku having had a quirk (as in, the doctor is revealed to do that to patients) and after emotional struggle to deal with it Deku ends up learning it was true for him and he did NOT have a quirk -> More emotional struggle.
It took me a while to understand this but yes, this would be the best option
  • Raiden likes this

17.jpg

#9 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,084 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:36 PM

^That, being quirkless is a pretty big part of Midoriya's character arc, and something that connects him to Toshinori. I wouldn't like that to change.

• Raiden, Jekkusormi and Chillman like this

#10 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 05:55 PM

I don't want another Naruto, "You started off as a loser, but you were always special" kind of story.

• Gobi Todic, Jekkusormi and KUROkami like this

#11 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:26 PM

Also the Teen Hero already possessing preexisting powers without anyone realizing it already happened in Ratman Manga.

A possible idea - One For All not only has the "Emotional Condition(Makings of a True Hero)" but also a "Physical Condition" in that a bearer CAN'T have a preexisting Quirk. I may have missed it, but I've not seen or heard of All Might having a Quirk prior to possessing One for All.

Posted Image

#12 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:39 PM

Also the Teen Hero already possessing preexisting powers without anyone realizing it already happened in Ratman Manga.

A possible idea - One For All not only has the "Emotional Condition(Makings of a True Hero)" but also a "Physical Condition" in that a bearer CAN'T have a preexisting Quirk. I may have missed it, but I've not seen or heard of All Might having a Quirk prior to possessing One for All.

All Might said himself that he was quirkless like Deku

17.jpg

#13 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:57 PM

All Might said himself that he was quirkless like Deku

And maybe that's the point. One for All is for the 'selfless' where as All for One is for the 'selfish'. To take One for All while already having a Quirk can be seen as being selfish.

Posted Image

#14 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:44 AM

Uhm but AM Master had a quirk and the OFA Users before her too. Only AM and Deku had no Quirks before receiving OFA

• Chillman likes this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#15 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 09:04 AM

The black stuff Deku used was one of the former OfA users original quirk

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#16 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,073 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 27 March 2019 - 12:30 AM

Good chapter. I'm enjoying the focus on the villains and it is nice to see more of the big players behind the scenes that were big allies of AfO like this Doctor and Giga. It is also interesting to see where exactly the noumu were coming from and who was making them finally. Also that theory about the doctor that interacted with a young Deku in the past really looks similar and has to be intentional. So buy that theory, and it does open the door more for things going on with Deku's past and maybe he or AfO messed with Deku before if the author wants to go down that path.

Also I really like that the bullet they stole from the yakuza is finally coming into play again. I actually completely forgot about it, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users