39 replies to this topic

#21 feres

feres

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 02:22 PM

I think the only guaranteed is Luffy x Kaido

Luffy have zero chance to beat Kaido. BM will most likely stall him.
SH's will steal a copy of the RP and run away.

I am starting to believe thar Roger did something similar and BM and Kaido are just to strong to beat (even for admirals).

#22 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 05:32 PM

Jesus I legit don't even know which girl is which in this arc. Everyone looks the same lol

• Dsipro and Chillman like this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#23 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,988 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 30 March 2019 - 06:58 PM

Luffy have zero chance to beat Kaido. BM will most likely stall him.
SH's will steal a copy of the RP and run away.

I am starting to believe thar Roger did something similar and BM and Kaido are just to strong to beat (even for admirals).

we already know that kaido got defeated a couple of times in the past. Plus it's said that 1:1 Kaido wins. But that also means that you need numbers against him. So far, that is exactly the plan.

2mg5kyb.jpg

#24 Asch

Asch

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 March 2019 - 10:52 PM

Ok back to who's wano is it anyway, where the names are made up and the rest of OP doesnt matter.

Whose line is it anyway.

I got it. :lolxg:

• captain kidd likes this

#25 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:59 AM

Just read the official release and I can confirm hiyori is still not confirmed to be komurosaki.

https://www.viz.com/...985?action=read

The last page with the map that made everyone in this thread slag oda writing and the anticlimactic reveal was made by some random fan and posted at the end of the unofficial releases.

#26 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 03:36 PM

Carrot is the traitor.

#27 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 05:32 PM

Ya it doesnt seem like a good thing to admit to if it isnt true.

They way I see it. There are 3 possibilities

1. She knows who zoro is and she is telling the truth. As already mentioned lying about who she is is insane. Unless she knows zoro is someone who can br trusted. She may know him from a news paper or just recognize he is a foreigner.

2 she does not know who zoro is and is telling the truth. This makes her the biggest idiot in the world, zoro was recently held by the police. How does she know he didnt make a deal with them to turn in momo and the red sabers? No one should be this trusting ever. Even in the above situation this level of trust is stupid.

3 she knows who zoro is and is lying. Here we go yet another complicated Japanese plan. Follow it. Orochi ordered the killer to follow her and try to kill her so zoro could save her and she could gain the trust of zoro so that zoro would lead them to momo. O-toko was captured and instead of being put to death orochi said he would let her live if she participated in this plan. She knows kinda about the sh crew but she doesnt know zoro is part of them and she doesnt know they are working with momo so there is no reason she would say no to orochi's request.
Now you might be wondering "gee captain if this is just one big plot to find momo, why dod the man slayer actually try to kill zoro" well that is why this is once again another overly complicated Japanese plan.....they...."had to make it look real"

I think 2 is far more likely because that is 100% something that would happen in OP. In fact if a character ever refused to tell luffy a secret I would be shocked beyond belief.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#28 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 06:04 PM

And another thing. This "nerfing zoro" be has to stop, you are all wrong zoro is not that good. 1st off he is a moron with serious mental limitations.

2nd and most relevant right now. This is once again Oda trying to prove how bad ass his samurai are. He hyped them up beyond belief. He said they are so tough marines dont go to wano, he made kizaru willing to take on 2 emperors but back down when samurai were mentioned. But the second we got to wano the hype died. Apparently all the samurai were killed off by kiadou's so far pathetic crew.
So what does oda do? He throws feats at these samurai. One of them wounded jack, one of them wounded zoro. See arnt the samurai the strongest warriors ever?!? Right??? So NO this isnt oda depowering zoro, this is him still trying to make the samurai something impressive. And it is freaking annoying as hell.

Seriously this is the most aggravating arc ever just because of all the freaking fan service it has in it. What the hell is going on, luffy grabs a sword and wears a kimono, he is apparently a life long sumo wrestling fan.... and that is just the obvious stuff. Then we have the fact everything of value comes from wano. Wano apparently made the original phoyngliphs, they are where sea stone comes from and only they can make sea stone small enough to he used for weapons. They used to be the city of gold.... (wany to take jarya's thunder jerks) and they have samurai so strong the marines don't even mess with them. Not to mention that the WG deals with them and wano is so cocky they ask for VP...
Ok dont get me wrong, if i was writing OP i might have an America themed country that I made the strongest country in the manga, but I wouldn't in a million years contradict my self in a foolish attempt to have my cake and eat it too.

Oda cant keep showing how tough the samurai are and at the same time making them look like weak fools.....
In the past few chapters we have seen-
-orochi being a weakling that gets slapped around by whores
-the most respected gang leader in Wano apparently instead of remaining a bad ass like sengoku garp and WB aged as well as....a real life human because now he is able to get tossed around by fodder.
-kin, who spent half his on screen time attached to a dragon, talking with his farts, losing his entire crew, momo almost starving to death, and dressing up in the least convincing DD costume ever, is now apparently regarded as a cunning master mind.
-oh and allow me to reiterate, the samurai were mostly defeated by kiadou, and 1/3 of kiadou's crew couldn't even defeat the minks without a WMD.

So how do we make up for all that clowning around? Oh right we have zoro get near fatally wounded by a random thug. I mean.... why the hell should I be pointing out that a random thug did better against zoro then the shogun did against a whore and a child?!
It is Oda's story he is free to ruin it as he sees fit. But come on man, a little freaking consistancy please. If you want to make the samurai all admiral level go ahead I dont care ruin your own story. But dobt freaking try telling me they are super tough and at the same time try to tell me they lost to kiadou's crew.

The worst part is there are so many other ways to do this, oda just chose the laziest possible way.

banner.png

#29 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:10 AM

Just read the official release and I can confirm hiyori is still not confirmed to be komurosaki.

https://www.viz.com/...985?action=read

The last page with the map that made everyone in this thread slag oda writing and the anticlimactic reveal was made by some random fan and posted at the end of the unofficial releases.

https://orojackson.c...863ef6c1c97f0d7
Its not fanmade it was in the magazine.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#30 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,988 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:18 AM

And another thing. This "nerfing zoro" be has to stop, you are all wrong zoro is not that good. 1st off he is a moron with serious mental limitations.

2nd and most relevant right now. This is once again Oda trying to prove how bad ass his samurai are. He hyped them up beyond belief. He said they are so tough marines dont go to wano, he made kizaru willing to take on 2 emperors but back down when samurai were mentioned. But the second we got to wano the hype died. Apparently all the samurai were killed off by kiadou's so far pathetic crew.
So what does oda do? He throws feats at these samurai. One of them wounded jack, one of them wounded zoro. See arnt the samurai the strongest warriors ever?!? Right??? So NO this isnt oda depowering zoro, this is him still trying to make the samurai something impressive. And it is freaking annoying as hell.

Seriously this is the most aggravating arc ever just because of all the freaking fan service it has in it. What the hell is going on, luffy grabs a sword and wears a kimono, he is apparently a life long sumo wrestling fan.... and that is just the obvious stuff. Then we have the fact everything of value comes from wano. Wano apparently made the original phoyngliphs, they are where sea stone comes from and only they can make sea stone small enough to he used for weapons. They used to be the city of gold.... (wany to take jarya's thunder jerks) and they have samurai so strong the marines don't even mess with them. Not to mention that the WG deals with them and wano is so cocky they ask for VP...
Ok dont get me wrong, if i was writing OP i might have an America themed country that I made the strongest country in the manga, but I wouldn't in a million years contradict my self in a foolish attempt to have my cake and eat it too.

Oda cant keep showing how tough the samurai are and at the same time making them look like weak fools.....
In the past few chapters we have seen-
-orochi being a weakling that gets slapped around by whores
-the most respected gang leader in Wano apparently instead of remaining a bad ass like sengoku garp and WB aged as well as....a real life human because now he is able to get tossed around by fodder.
-kin, who spent half his on screen time attached to a dragon, talking with his farts, losing his entire crew, momo almost starving to death, and dressing up in the least convincing DD costume ever, is now apparently regarded as a cunning master mind.
-oh and allow me to reiterate, the samurai were mostly defeated by kiadou, and 1/3 of kiadou's crew couldn't even defeat the minks without a WMD.

So how do we make up for all that clowning around? Oh right we have zoro get near fatally wounded by a random thug. I mean.... why the hell should I be pointing out that a random thug did better against zoro then the shogun did against a whore and a child?!
It is Oda's story he is free to ruin it as he sees fit. But come on man, a little freaking consistancy please. If you want to make the samurai all admiral level go ahead I dont care ruin your own story. But dobt freaking try telling me they are super tough and at the same time try to tell me they lost to kiadou's crew.

The worst part is there are so many other ways to do this, oda just chose the laziest possible way.

Shouldn't it be known that Kaido is in wano? Maybe the marine mainly avoid the place now because an Emperor lives there.

2mg5kyb.jpg

#31 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 08:56 AM

Shouldn't it be known that Kaido is in wano? Maybe the marine mainly avoid the place now because an Emperor lives there.

That's a good reason but if that is the real reason oda was purposefully misleading on more then one occasion.

banner.png

#32 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:25 AM

@captain kidd is right. We were told that Wano was the baddest baddass country in the world and not because of Kaido, we just learned that Kaido is there, it was because it was the land of samurais. Now we are in Wano and we see the reality. Wano is a garbage dump and so are or were the samurais, at least from what we've seen so far. Hey, maybe o-Tokyo's father who just came in into the room were Law and the others are, is actually one the so called strong samurais that we expected to see in Wano, and he and his clown friends have been acting the fools to hide in plane sigh from Kaido. Still the fact that Kaido controls the entire country with an iron fist, shows that the samurai have been a great disappointment.
  • captain kidd likes this

24gvaiu.jpg

#33 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,988 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:46 PM

That's a good reason but if that is the real reason oda was purposefully misleading on more then one occasion.

True. Or he didn't think so far ahead at first.
Truth be told I don't know anymore when Wano was first mentioned or when it was said that the Marines avoid the place because of the samurai.

I mean if the last one happened during Pink Hazard then Oda should already have known. The time skip was used to plan the rest of the story as far as I remember.

That Ace built Straw Hat's in enemy teritory might result in Oda not planing ahead at that time.

But what Manga story is without loopholes anyways?
As long as they don't get so big as in Naruto or whatever Bleach was then that is fine by me :D.

@captain kidd is right. We were told that Wano was the baddest baddass country in the world and not because of Kaido, we just learned that Kaido is there, it was because it was the land of samurais. Now we are in Wano and we see the reality. Wano is a garbage dump and so are or were the samurais, at least from what we've seen so far. Hey, maybe o-Tokyo's father who just came in into the room were Law and the others are, is actually one the so called strong samurais that we expected to see in Wano, and he and his clown friends have been acting the fools to hide in plane sigh from Kaido. Still the fact that Kaido controls the entire country with an iron fist, shows that the samurai have been a great disappointment.

If not much is or was ever known about wano then the reputation might just held way longer then the reality.

Who knows how well known the civil war in wano was and wether Kaido resigns there ever since.

The Marines should know that Kaido is there but that doesn't relay lessen the threat that goes out from wano.

A good portion of the Samurai are allied with Kaido.

Plus, name one nation that we know by know that is stronger then Wano, aside from maybe the Minks who aren't that Many and where defeated by a bunch of Kaidou's men.
Unfairly but non the less.

One of the strong Samurai was enough to harm Jack more with ine attack then the two Mink commanders combined in two days.

If not much is or was ever known about wano then the reputation might just held way longer then the reality.

Who knows how well known the civil war in wano was and wether Kaido resigns there ever since.

The Marines should know that Kaido is there but that doesn't relay lessen the threat that goes out from wano.

A good portion of the Samurai are allied with Kaido.

Plus, name one nation that we know by know that is stronger then Wano, aside from maybe the Minks who aren't that Many and where defeated by a bunch of Kaidou's men.
Unfairly but non the less.

One of the strong Samurai was enough to harm Jack more with ine attack then the two Mink commanders combined in two days.

2mg5kyb.jpg

#34 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:50 PM

Luffy is probably in the top 10 strongest pirates in the world by now. Zoro is his first mate and near-future WGS. They're not supposed to struggle against 99.9% of Wano/world population. We've seen a few strong samurais, Sentomaru did more damage in 2 minutes to jack than Cat and Dog in 5 days. DD's strongest/2nd strongest crewmate was 100% useless against Zoro as soon as he fought face to face, yet this random dude from Wano was sorta keeping up with him and was able to injure him even if with help.

Kaidou is a fucking beast who has the power to destroy entire villages from an enormous distance in seconds, and has a big crew where the top guys are very strong. It's not very weird that he can control the country with an iron fist.

Luffy should, and probably is, the second strongest guy in Wano, only behind Kaidou. If you look at everyone else relative to him, they'll always look like chumps. People made the same mistake on WCI. Everyone said that crew was weak and useless, but even with all those allies, Luffy and co were completely annihilated during the wedding.

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#35 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:32 AM

https://orojackson.c...863ef6c1c97f0d7
Its not fanmade it was in the magazine.

I don't know what to make of this.
It was on the magazine but the info is soo outdated
Nami group is not the capital anymore, they are with frankys group.

#36 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:14 AM

I don't know what to make of this.
It was on the magazine but the info is soo outdated
Nami group is not the capital anymore, they are with frankys group.

Well ebisu town isnt far from the capital. Also toko arrived 2 chapters ago in ringo..it cant be that wrong.
  • Abaroxa likes this

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#37 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:56 AM

@captain kidd & @tenchu I have to disagree with you two and take @Strobacaxi side on this one.

First we need to look at the clear nerf wano has received in the past 20 years. Samurais are not allowed to own weapons anymore.
The country was clearly divided which led to half of the forces to be executed or exiled. The ones that weren't imprisoned were forced to live in poor conditions.

Yeah the hype on wano is a bit too much but its from outsiders who don't know much about its current state. They only knows about what they were and most certainly on how they maintained a certain level of army excellence until Oden's death.

Knowledge is power and as much as the marines have intel in certain countries I doubt they have accurate information about wano.
They either
- Don't know on the state of the samurai but know about the new smile army kaido is forming.
- Think all the samurais joined kaido side but don't know about the smile army.
- Think all the samurais joined kaido plus they have the smile army supporing them.

Just the fact that there isn't certainty in wano military force is enough to make any question their actions.
Kizaru was willing to go there knowing there would be two yonko waiting for him but at the same time we don't know how many people he was going to take with him. Even if he went, there isn't certainty that he was going to fight. He could be going there as a spy.
Akainu was quick to say no, not out of fear but Imo as a good strategist because he know kizaru can't take the necessary back up because of the revery. He doesn't want any type of risky mission when the world is in shambles and an imminent war with pirates is on the horizon.

Any country in conflict will look weak.
Look at fishmen army. The sun pirates, with some 100 crew members, were able to make the sea soo unstable the BM pirates couldn't chase the SHs.
Look at Alabasta. They had thousands of soldiers ready to fight thousands of rebels. Yeah they look weak but numbers do matter.
Look at Dressrosa. There was no army ready to fight DD forces but we know they have a massive army just that there was no one to lead them.

Wano is still dangerous. We can't forget that up to now the Shs and allies have been sneaking around. As soon as orochi notices a rebellion he will assemble a proper army.
  • Scorpion2k4u likes this

#38 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,776 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 12:39 PM

Luffy is probably in the top 10 strongest pirates in the world by now. Zoro is his first mate and near-future WGS. They're not supposed to struggle against 99.9% of Wano/world population. We've seen a few strong samurais, Sentomaru did more damage in 2 minutes to jack than Cat and Dog in 5 days. DD's strongest/2nd strongest crewmate was 100% useless against Zoro as soon as he fought face to face, yet this random dude from Wano was sorta keeping up with him and was able to injure him even if with help.

Kaidou is a fucking beast who has the power to destroy entire villages from an enormous distance in seconds, and has a big crew where the top guys are very strong. It's not very weird that he can control the country with an iron fist.

Luffy should, and probably is, the second strongest guy in Wano, only behind Kaidou. If you look at everyone else relative to him, they'll always look like chumps. People made the same mistake on WCI. Everyone said that crew was weak and useless, but even with all those allies, Luffy and co were completely annihilated during the wedding.

Glad you said "guy" because if you said "pirate" luffy is at most, the 3rd strongest pirate on wano.

banner.png

#39 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:21 PM

@captain kidd I think I would have been find with Zoro getting injured, that used to happen to him a lot, but the fainting after getting injured when there was still an opponent left in the bandit feels like it could have been done better. The wound Zoro got to his shoulder didn't feel like it should have been enough to take him out so quickly. That part bugged me. Previously he fought with his chest completely cut open and has been willing to cut off his own feet to continue to fight. His will should have been far stronger than to collapse from one wound even if Oda wanted to throw him under the bus a bit to show how strong the Wano characters are. Feels like that scene could have been written a lot better.

• Tale likes this

#40 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,351 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:58 PM

I think 2 is far more likely because that is 100% something that would happen in OP. In fact if a character ever refused to tell luffy a secret I would be shocked beyond belief.

prepared to be shocked

Science Captain Sentamou has the tightest lips on the sea.

sUP3nUt.jpg?1

“I’m a slow learner, it’s true. But I learn. "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users