https://jaiminisbox....en/0/939/page/1

#2 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:56 AM

I'm calling shanannigans on ODA. This haki was the one Raleigh showed luffy and yet didn't teach it to him?.

Shanannigans I say.

24gvaiu.jpg

#3 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:00 AM

Hyou mentioning technique that Zoro learned way back then when he fought against Mr 1 in Alabasta.

• Raiden, Enbima, PunkHazard and 3 others like this

#4 Kolfer

Kolfer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:00 AM

It is very refreshing to see Luffy use his vision of the future without needing to be pushed back to the wall like back then. I've been enjoying Luffy carefree attitude so much since he's in prison.

Koushirou is very knowledgeable, he knew about a Wano technique and explained it briefly to Zoro. I'd like to see the extent of Koushirou's skill at the end of the series... against the strongest swordsman in the world at that time.

Edited by Kolfer, 12 April 2019 - 01:34 AM.

#5 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:54 AM

This chapter was actually good.
Confirmation on the identity of the 9 scabbards and confirmation on luffys future sight usage.

Oh, the kawamatsu otter theory is reaffirmed.

Bepo confirms he isn't the traitor. Why would he be all beat up if he was.

Hiyori staying in the past makes no sense. Keep the bloodline alive. Then jump forward. At least jump a week forward.

Koushirou is very knowledgeable, he knew about a Wano technique and explained it briefly to Zoro. I'd like to see the extent of Koushirou's skill at the end of the series... against the strongest swordsman in the world at that time.

I bet you he is a revolutionary

#6 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,031 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 12 April 2019 - 03:36 AM

GmA39S3.jpg

4JjX4lj.jpg

65K2JW6.jpg

wLi6RaT.jpg

Word for word its identical, so I guess Zoro used that application of Haki way back, but instead applied to it to his sword. 

Edited by Furinji Saiga, 12 April 2019 - 03:42 AM.

• Raiden, Ajh77, Blackody and 1 other like this

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#7 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:51 AM

https://i.imgur.com/GmA39S3.jpg...
https://i.imgur.com/4JjX4lj.jpg...
https://i.imgur.com/65K2JW6.jpg...

https://i.imgur.com/wLi6RaT.jpg...

Word for word its identical, so I guess Zoro used that application of Haki way back, but instead applied to it to his sword.

So in theory, Zoro will be able to use this Haki with his flying slashes

17.jpg

#8 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,031 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:53 AM

So in theory, Zoro will be able to use this Haki with his flying slashes

He already has way back in Punk Hazard against Monet. 

• Raiden and Blackody like this

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#9 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,529 posts
  • LocationOld Zoro is still an artist with a Katana.

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:25 AM

Luffy is finally catching up to Zoro. Maybe he'll have a chance to get a Kaido now

4789title.jpg

"Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us"

Spoiler

#10 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:56 AM

Pretty good chapter. I like old man Hyou more and more. I also start to like O-Toko a lot more with each chapter.

Oh, the kawamatsu otter theory is reaffirmed.

What? A Kappa is not an otter so that theory is proved wrong

Hiyori staying in the past makes no sense. Keep the bloodline alive. Then jump forward. At least jump a week forward.

I have to agree with that. But maybe it is a DF like Brooke's that if not trained only has a one time effect so she could only  send people into the future and only 1 time?

I'm calling shanannigans on ODA. This haki was the one Raleigh showed luffy and yet didn't teach it to him?.

Like I said in the previous Chapter, it is a  advanced haki technique and Luffy first had to learn the basics. And Rayleigh said that learning haki in 2 years isn't much time even for the basics.

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#11 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 12 April 2019 - 09:34 AM

I'm having a hard time seeing how the deflection haki is an upgrade over the hardening haki. It has defensive applications and extends the range of one's attacks (which Luffy doesn't really need), but what's the difference? Is it just that it is intrinsically stronger than the user's level of hardening, if they are able to use it? Or is it in fact the same thing, in principle, which is happening when haki is applied to weapons, but instead of it being applied to a weapon, it is applied in a space determined by the user? Maybe the idea is that Luffy can create that zone (with a will to hurt) inside Kaidou? 

Just trying to figure things out, but this still bothers me, because it has never been depicted as something that effects things internally, and moreover, it would be aping a technique which already exists (and which Luffy might be taking inspiration from), which is FK.

Edited by Tale, 12 April 2019 - 09:34 AM.

#12 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 02:55 PM

Nice chapter, good explanation from old man Hyou about this deflection haki he is now gonna teach Luffy.

Also this chapter had confirmed that Kawamatsu is basically a frog cuz if I remember my Japanese mythology correctly, kappa are just overgrown demonic like frogs.

#13 dbgetblack

dbgetblack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 04:13 PM

let  this chapter be a Haki flamed debate. lol 

copy pasting a good comment from MS comment section:

"I'd argue that the cp9 is one of the strongest proofs for haki not having been on his mind before the midway point. because they were an elite group within the world government, which logically would've needed to know about haki and how important it is in a fight. yet their moves didn't incorporate any haki at all. their blunt attacks didn't harm luffy beyond miniscule chip damage like any other blunt attack would (and only the fact that lucci could get in a thousand hits in a second pre-transformation even allowed him to leave the slightest of marks on luffy. anything that affected luffy in any notable way was either a devil fruit effect (doorface), a cutting move (the wind cut thing and luccis claws) or that pressure wave thing. that they would pride themselves so hard on having mastered this (looking at current corbys development) potential precursor training to learning haki, just doesnt make much sense when they know there's also still haki to learn. it also would only be reasonable to assume that the existence of haki should be part of any base training for any marine, so whenever a logia user or a paramecia guy walks around invincibly, they would know to call in a haki user. like really, if you look at it all, it becomes very clear that haki was only fleshed out between sabaody and marineford. and it's still refined and being finalized during the flamingo arcs. oda is, however, very consciously picking up past 'unexplainable', downright supernatural events to incorporate into his haki concept, giving them a retroactive explanation"

then someone replied

"
That's my pessimistic view as well, but I think it's more likely that Oda had haki in mind since the beginning, just not in a very fleshed out way. Just a manifestation of willpower in ways that suited the plot. Shanks scaring a Sea Monster could be assigned to the Sea Monster's survival instict. It just realized it had 0 chance of winning and f*ed off. Doesn't have to be haki. Zoro beating mr One is kind of silly without haki. He didn't just instantly master a technique that he never actually practiced, he just focused his will in that moment, enough to do the "impossible", which is later baptised haki. I'd argue that Luffy also did so with his first strike against Crocodile when he uses his Storm move against his Spada, because we see a different "reaction" between the two abilities than when he just punched him because there's blood on his hand. Skypiea had Mantra, which is later incorporated into Haki. Honestly, it's the most obvious one. Again, final strike against Enel might have also been Haki, or a reaction between the gold ball and lightning, or the rubber of Luffy's fist in the ball. Couldn't say for sure. CP9, I'd say Rokougan might be a manifistation of Haki. Lucci doesn't move at all when he uses it, so where's the pressure coming from? Also, if pressure bothered Luffy, second gear would kill him. And Sanji being literally on fire during Diamble Jumble (not sure about the spelling) is kind of silly if you don't consider haki. Cooks not being scared of fire and being unharmed after BEING on fire, are two different things. Luffy vs Odz and Zoro vs Ryuma possibly involve haki. Luffy shouldn't be able to damage Odz when they're both rubber. Though in the end, not sure whether he did damage him before breaking his spine. Plus, how'd they break a rubber spine? And Zoro lighting Ryuma on fire? I nderstand producing a few sparks maybe from their swords clashing, but that was an almost instant annihilation. The part about being able to see haki, before this ark I'd say he just decided to make it visible for the reader. Now I can't say for sure whether it was planned, but my pessimistic side thinks he came up with "higher level invisible haki" after the fact. Thanks for reading :)"

Edited by dbgetblack, 12 April 2019 - 04:13 PM.

• Shin, JDG973, Blackody and 1 other like this

#14 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:12 PM

@dbgetblack
Thank you for posting this two comments. I totally support the second comment.

I myself have many times post related content in OMF. Obviously I couldn't be as coherent on my posts but I continuosly point out that Croco Vs Luffy had to have some haki involved. I also want to add that in ID BB said Luffys spirit had improved since mock town.
  • dbgetblack likes this

#15 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:32 PM

Sorry guys but I must really be dumb.

How is this a different Haki? Isn't it just like regular Armament Haki? :psyduck: What's de real difference that luffy's trying to achieve?

Even that old man had to hit the Alpaca's head to do damage, so I'm really lost....

#16 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:10 PM

I'm having a hard time seeing how the deflection haki is an upgrade over the hardening haki. It has defensive applications and extends the range of one's attacks (which Luffy doesn't really need), but what's the difference?

It is like Law's gamma knife.

#17 dbgetblack

dbgetblack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 05:26 AM

I'm having a hard time seeing how the deflection haki is an upgrade over the hardening haki. It has defensive applications and extends the range of one's attacks (which Luffy doesn't really need), but what's the difference? Is it just that it is intrinsically stronger than the user's level of hardening, if they are able to use it? Or is it in fact the same thing, in principle, which is happening when haki is applied to weapons, but instead of it being applied to a weapon, it is applied in a space determined by the user? Maybe the idea is that Luffy can create that zone (with a will to hurt) inside Kaidou? 

Just trying to figure things out, but this still bothers me, because it has never been depicted as something that effects things internally, and moreover, it would be aping a technique which already exists (and which Luffy might be taking inspiration from), which is FK.

its an upgrade of skill level, imagine this : you have enough power to dig a hole,but a shovel would much help ,rather than simple hands. 
now about the power, the power level luff has (probably wiil change for higher,but even if it does not) his new skill can delve into kaido's scales (or he  thinks so) 
you are rather right on the "applied to the space" thing 

#18 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,672 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 06:28 AM

Ok I am starting to not care at all.

Yep younger sister. Haha so funny she is much older then him now......

Ok I have said it once before and I wont stop saying it now why....the.....fuck....did.... they.... time travel!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously give me one good reason? So far there are none. This time traveling thing better serve a really good plot point I swear to god.
The only damn reason that makes sense is oda wanted a 10 year old momo. That is the only freaking reason and it isnt a good reason for inventing a time traveling fruit....

Seriously any other plot point could be accomplished by the samuri escaping the fire and going into hiding for 20 years. The only difference is momo would be older.

Ok acknowledging it was a gamble doesnt change the fact it was a stupid fucking move. People dont typically risk their life then say "oh wow what a gamble"

"In that case what of kin" well ma'm kin is fodder I am stronger then everyone you just named put together so.... who cares where they are?

Wahhhhhhh 26?! Surely oda means 16. A princess that isnt 16 years old? Am I still reading OP?
Oh wait I think I know what is happening here... oda isnt going to sexualize this princess, so no reason to make her a legal child....
(For those of you that dont know me, I say that with all the disgust I can muster. I sincerely hate that oda makes his princesses children. Just add 2 years to their age damn it, why children?)

Speaking of things I hate with every fiber of my being. Otoko.... god I hate that kid.

Ah yes a kapa, those turtles from super Mario bros. Very unintimidating. You know I have been meaning to talk about the fact that horrorable monsters really need to be updated as time matches on because old time scary stuff really isnt scary anymore. Like dragons. Are dragons terrible monsters? Maybe they were back in the day. But today you could kill a dragon with a shotgun if they exist. You know what is a monster today? Those little fish that swim up your urethra that may or may not exist. Why am I saying all this? Because I am very unimpressed by your big nose demons japan.

Ok also. If she knew about the plan. Which was "use df to travel 20 years into future"
Why the hell did she call her brothers promise to return in 20 years an "uncertain promise" it is a freaking function of your mom's df he WILL return in 20 years. Maybe for a few minutes to be killed instantly by kiadou, maybe to save the day. But the fact he will return is NOT uncertain, it is a fact.

Oh my god he dug into water. A kapa is a turtle isnt it? So weird. Also he seems alot like that starving guy from the starving town.... the one that 2 chapters ago asked if it was time. But since that guy is not a turtle I must assume they just act the same and oda is being very uncreative making 2 similar characters.

You were separated at age 13...... holy shit there is so much wrong with that.
"He is a very strong samuri" just..... his tracking skills are below such par. The only possible explanation for how o-toko was able to find her but not the turtle man is that he didnt want to find her. He must of gotten tired of being a dad for 7 years and paced out.

The only reason I would really want to see him again is to ask him "what the hell dude" ditching her after 7 years.....

Ah good thanks for the time skip while zoro told her every single bit of the plan.... if this was a flashback from 2 days ago I would 100% assume this is how kiadou figured out the secret symbols...

Idk zoro I really feel like word of mouth would of been a far more effective and faster method of spreading the word. Instead of printing pictures and getting ankle tattoos. Just go to a guy who you trust and tell him to tell his friends and so on.... why the hell is this so difficult? Now there are pictures and tattoos identifying all the traitors...

You started thinking about it?

Well it's like I tell people. If you cant sleep with noise in the background you arnt that tired. A really tired man falls asleep no matter what noise is in the background.

Oh good. The calm and cool prisoner who killed someone with a fish bone is also a clown who dreams of sumo wrestling.... perfect....

Oh no sea stone bullets?!?! East blue level luffy would be in serious trouble!!!

Jesus it is called CoO and it is no different then the original CoO Rey showed us years ago.... and this is wano so we all know that haki was invented here and the smauri are the best in the world at it... just you wait....

Ok queen isnt vastly underestimating luffy......well....good, he shouldnt.... carry on not being incompetent... oh wait you took off luffy's sea stone... nevermind.

Wow for some reason my bullets dont work. He must have Khalifa or above levels of speed, impossible.

Well force = mass × acceleration. So ya not touching someone, removing the mass from the equation, should greatly increase your punching power. Genius!!!!

Ah yes luffy I know exactly what you are talking about, but first let me give you the "breath of all things" explanation zoro gave us in alabasta, ok good. Now I will show you the correct move to confuse even the most intelligent of readers. Excellent. Now please dont pay it any attention I said this ability is used for swords but I just did it with me bear hands.
Seriously..... what was that scene?! Did oda have 2 minutes left till he goes home and he had to think of some dialogue so he just wrote the first thing that came to mind?

And now rey will be upstaged by a wano citizen because wano is better at everything. It is actually where boats and water were invented did you guys know that? The OP world was just a bunch of really tall mountains untill the wano country invented water.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#19 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:14 AM

Hyou mentioning technique that Zoro learned way back then when he fought against Mr 1 in Alabasta.

Its a callback to one of my favourite moments in the series I freaking loved it  :aww:

Somehow, Oda has heard my complaints and is shifting the focus back to Luffy and Zoro and not so surprisingly the quality of the last chapters have gone up.

I am curious who Hyo's master is... Knowing Oda it is likely someone we know or have seen in the past.

#20 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 13 April 2019 - 01:39 PM

"He is a very strong samuri" just..... his tracking skills are below such par. The only possible explanation for how o-toko was able to find her but not the turtle man is that he didnt want to find her. He must of gotten tired of being a dad for 7 years and paced out.

You know that he is the one in prison with luffy right? ^^ and I think it was also around that time he was put into that prison.

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users