Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#2 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:02 AM

Damn, now I have to apologize because I've been saying there is no redemption for komurosaki. I was wrong.

They shared all that secret information with yatsu and didn't even know who he was, all because they thought he was someone from the past they'd forgotten about. Lol I've been in that same boat.

The udon prison development is awesome.

I wonder how luffys going to react with chopper plan to use a fragile BM.
Chopper himself knows the plan is crazy but when you get exodia you use it. You don't get that card every day.
  • Raiden and dbgetblack like this

#3 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:16 AM

They shared all that secret information with yatsu and didn't even know who he was, all because they thought he was someone from the past they'd forgotten about. Lol I've been in that same boat.

The udon prison development is awesome.

Ye that seemed pretty stupid to me.... i mean why even ask how the info about the rebellion leaked if thats how u act?

well i agree, partially at least. it is story progress which is good, but i wonder what impact the others will now have? i mean all important characters seem to be around Luffy now... seems like Oda finally has discarded the importance of all other SHs.... whom will they rally if all main characters of Wano's samurai as potential allies are now already in the vincinity of Luffy... 

man i begin to like OP less and less.... once it was a group story... now its all about 1 char.....

Franky, Sanji, Nami,Usoop, Robin no progress whatsoever....

Zoro no progress whatsoever....

Thank God BM and Choopermon group arrived at prison.  Thought we'd get another chap with them being on the move...

At least Law starts to act.

Despite the downsides i see, i cant really say it was a bad chap. It was a chap needed, since it shows big development onprison part.

Edited by capu, 19 April 2019 - 02:17 AM.

#4 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 19 April 2019 - 04:29 AM

So I guess the people judging Komurasaki so harshly in the beginning were a bit premature in their judgements... she probably knew about their actions through Kyoshiro and just channelled all the illicit money they were making out of the city through Otoko's dad. 

• Raiden, Madara D Dragon, trafalgarlawisop and 1 other like this

#5 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 05:22 AM

@Tale How was I supposed to know?
You go with what you know.

@capu everybody is guilty of spelling the beans, With the exception of zoro, but I don't think he is the traitor because he admitted he didn't know about the tattoos. Also the traitor dates back to before the arrival to wano. My big question is what did law meant? Is he gone?

Edited by Abaroxa, 19 April 2019 - 05:22 AM.

#6 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 08:32 AM

How was I supposed to know?

Man... it was so obvious... One of the main topic when her bitchy moves came out was "Oda will try to redeem her by showing those guys were assholes" and some people even added "but I still won't forgive her". You weren't supposed to know, but jumping into conclusions with something that's hinted to be proven different is risky.

Hell, jumping into conclusions with no further proof is what leads to 90% of the stupid debates in this forum (and the reason why I stoped bothering to visit it too often). Not saying you're one of the reasons, not at all. But yeah, as a general rule is good not to judge before you get the full picture.

On a more story-related point: I could see this happening but I don't like it. The sneaky and evil-looking Komurasaki was way more of an interesting character than what the Hyiori we're told about now is. I have a tiny hope this might be some sort of facade and she still has her own personal intentions, because otherwise this is simply leading to the classic "all good all sweet princess" plot... I hope it's not as plain as that.

• dbgetblack and Frankenstein like this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#7 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:59 AM

Like last week, Luffy's part was fun, the rest was kinda meh. While I did like Nami's and Usopp's conversation, I just don't care enough for all of the different retainers to be really invested in their arrest. It doesn't seem like it'd lead anywhere, they'll be freed at some point and continue where they left off, because unlike Luffy, Oda won't spend time on a training arc in their case. I guess it could help to advance Law's presence (maybe knock him out for a while, or at least give him character development).

Anyway, hopefully Big Mom gets to wreck some shit next week <3

• Raiden likes this

#8 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 12:23 PM

Well time to see if oda can do the seemingly more impossible as each day goes on. Get me to care about wano.

Fan: Hummm oda is a good artist and can draw my favorite characters doing anything I want... oh I know!!!!!!! Oda please draw bartolomeo making high quality sh candy at a fair and refusing to sell it to customers!!
Oda: this is perfect.

WHAT!?!?!???!?!?!?!?! Law is the LAST person who has any standing to lecture anyone about trust. The entire plot of dr was law tricking luffy into helping him trick kiadou into killing DD to make up for DD killing Cora.

Idk usopp says that but I feel he is alot more brave then he gives himself credit for. Cant see him actually spilling the beans. Nami I can though.

Those two phrases do not relate to each other.
"Only those that make the shogun rich are allowed to live in the capital"
"For you to be removed from the capital you must of done bad things"
Or...... they stopped making the shogun rich? Maybe they are noodle salesmen and just went out of business? I wouldnt call that seriously bad....

Oh an arsonist. Let me guess his name before I read it..... is he "the all consuming towering fire inferno"?
Oh they dont tell us his nickname..... well... if being a murder gets you a cool nickname like "manslayer" I am sure there guys have cooler ones.

Oh NO!!! Not bribery too!!!! Oh the humanity!! Not only did he burn down houses (apparently every night) but also he BRIBED people? That is despicable....

hey do you guys ever get the feeling that oda writes just to fill speach bubbles? He literally has 2 speach bubbles where someone just yells "an arsonist? And he even used bribery" what the hell does that add to the story? Why do those speech bubbles exist?
I am starting to think oda uses these bubbles so that he has to draw less. Pk o get the fact those bubbles are in an all white pannel... but... look above! We have 2 bubbles of people laughing... I lean they clearly have their mouths open and are playing but thank god we got laughs. And look above that. Usopp makes a joke calling an old lady an ugly demon and nami says that is rude. Why the hell does oda consistantly waste so many speech bubbles?

You know.... the thing about preists and casket makers... none of them are really necessary....
"Sure thing captain I will burry your brother and say a prayer. That will be $1 million"
"Hahaha, looks lile my bro is getting tossed in a hole and I can say a few words my self"
"You know I could just nail a few boards together to make a casket, they are only wooden boxes"

Idk if that is grammatically or logically correct. "Becauer they bribed officials they wrote never caught" what officials? Lile police officers? Those arnt typically called officials. And you mean prosecuted or arrested right? Because the mere act of bribing an official means they are essentially caught.
"Here bro, here is some money, please dont look into the fires"
"Ya sure thing, I guess you are the one starting them"
"What? No not me, I just like bribing people"

Also. What the hell do you mean "they act innocent?" The murder acts innocent? Does he pretend a cow started all those fires?

Also. I know wano has a jail. What the hell are these guys not doing in it? We have already established only people the shogun likes live in the capital. Why the hell are these 3 allowed to kill people the shogun likes?

Speaking of wasted panels.....3 pages to this weirdo. I swear oda, if you just say he is a good guy I will trust you. Maybe one panel of him taking food to the sick. Please anything but 3 pages of this.

What? That was what he couldn't say when the guards were around? If it was something involving momo and the samurai ok I get it but "I want to be pirate king" seems like something he can say out loud.

Well there you have it caribou for NN confirmed.

Now I have 2 interest in caribou. I have always said I want more powerful df users on the SH crew. As far as df go, Brooks sucks, luffy's sucks, choppers is the OG "can't swim fruit" (because the only power it gives you is the ability to not swim) and robins is hugely flawed. But caribou would be an excellent addition, his df isnt a game changer but it is really good.

2ndly- I saw a YouTube video I accidentally clicked on then dropped my phone "worst df" and they put swamp in there as the worst logia. I am 100% positive when I say the maker of that video is a moron. Smoke is the worst logia followed by snow followed by swamp in number 3 from the bottom. So the more we see of caribou the more close it will be that swamp is far superior to smoke and snow........ the only problem is caribou himself isnt superior to smoker or monet....

"Yes, I luffy, the pirate, know exactly what a yokuza boss is and what that means. I am impressed" seriously what the hell? Does Japan exist in this universe or is wano just so popular that everyone in all of OP knows about wano culture? And if it is the later why does the secluded closed off country have such an influence on the culture of the rest of the OP world?

Forget having your cake and eating it too. Oda wants to rewrite OP. Or no he wants to make wano a stand alone manga where none of the first 800 chapters of OP apply.

On a scale of zero to luffy, how likely are you to trust people the instant they show up in your life?

Ok I won't fault oda for this convenient location of all the samurai. I will hold off judgment for now. But what I will fault is the samurai following a guy who was effortlessly stomped by kiadou, in a fight against kiadou.

Ok here we go. 30% of me is excited for next week's chapter. The other 70% knows for a fact we will open with o-toko making stupid jokes as zoro sleeps, and the last 5 pages of that chapter MAY, if we are lucky, show luffy and bm and co breaking out of prison.

Ok so I guess the only questions this arc raise are o-toko's dad. I am sure he is no one. Or he was evil before back 20 years ago and now he is a good guy to make up for all the evil he did.

Second. Here is a good question, how do caribou's powers work? Serious and very important question. This could be huge depending on the answer to my question. - can caribou remove luffy's collar?

So the way his df works is anything that is sucked into his body is then in an intimate pool and doesnt effect his size or shape. Unless it is an entire factory and oda is trying to be funny. But in all seriousness he had several full sized mermaids, piles of treasure and many weapons inside him. So what happens if caribou covers luffy's collar with his swamp? Does the collar and the collar alone sink into his swamp?
Imagine this- there is a tree and 7 people surround that tree holding hands. If caribou were to form a circle around that tree and suck in all 7 of those people holding hands, surely there wouldnt be a question he could do that right? The people would wall into carbiou's body and the tree would remain in place. So if the tree is luffy's neck and the collar is the 7 people holding hands. Surely caribou can remove the collar the same way correct? Caribou can sink sink the collar into his body, and once inside his body he remove his swamp from around luffy's neck and the collar is gone.

But the other option is caribou cant do that. But why couldn't he? There is nothing unreasonable. Once something is sucked into his body his body is free to move in anyway he wants. Caribou was put in a berral dispute the fact he has an entire gatling gun inside his body, the gatling gun alone is bigger then the berral franky trapped him in.

You know actually...I dont think there is a debate here.
Secondly caribou can slip his swamp body into a prison cell, use his swamp powers to sink any prisoners into his body. Then leave the cell, and he can break all prisoner out that way. Even prisoners in sea stone cuffs caribou should be able to cover their body, and NOT the sea stone cuffs and sink their body into his own without sinking the sea stone cuffs.

Holy shit guys.... the swamp fruit is awesome for this situation. Why did oda give such an awesome fruit to garbage?
Ok fine I guess I should be thankful he isnt like monet.....oda could of killed him off...

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#9 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:42 PM

Meh chapter, I couldn't careless about these bunch of random fodder guys conveniently locked in the same place where Luffy is.

That seems kinda asspullish by Oda, how convenient it's gonna be when Luffy gets his small army, when he eventually breaks out of lock up.

Could have done without seeing Carbou's ugly and lame presence stinking up the joint.

Also I still say that Tonoyasu is actually really Orochi in disguise. Either that or Oda is lazily rehashing character designs for like the zillionth time in this manga yet again.

Garbage chapter overall.

#10 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:49 PM

Meh chapter, I couldn't careless about these bunch of random fodder guys conveniently locked in the same place where Luffy is.

That seems kinda asspullish by Oda, how convenient it's gonna be when Luffy gets his small army, when he eventually breaks out of lock up.

exactly my point of view....

#11 TrolonoaZoro

TrolonoaZoro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,529 posts
  • LocationOld Zoro is still an artist with a Katana.

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:19 PM

Chapter was trash/10

• KUROkami likes this

4789title.jpg

"Don't worry, nothing is gonna happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us"

Spoiler

#12 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:53 AM

@Tale How was I supposed to know?

The biggest red flag was one of the dude selling his family cause he had a hard on... It was obvious at that point we were not supposed to feel sympathy for them. Not to mention the fact that Momo was implying that his sister was likely alive and all grown up which made the whole thing interconnected in this very same chapter.

Apart from that, the chapter was really boring... There is no sense of tension, time limit, and action. Our main characters are too passive in this second act (standing around listening to exposition non stop) and we are just  waiting on Big Mom to break  Luffy out of prison to move the plot along.. Hopefully the Luffy, Kidd, and Kawamatsu team up turns out epic.

• D.Hyuga likes this

#13 Locormus

Locormus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • LocationBehind bars..

Posted 20 April 2019 - 01:55 PM

Apart from that, the chapter was really boring... There is no sense of tension, time limit, and action. Our main characters are too passive in this second act (standing around listening to exposition non stop) and we are just waiting on Big Mom to break Luffy out of prison to move the plot along.. Hopefully the Luffy, Kidd, and Kawamatsu team up turns out epic.

No sense of tension?! HELLO?! Our main character is being EXECUTED AS WE SPEAK! How do you mean no tension?!?

Nah just kidding, this entire act does feel slow. Might be the aftereffect of Luffy facing Kaidou which left a vacuum? It kinda feels like Dressrosa when we were all waiting for the Colloseum-arc to wind down (which I liked to be honest), but the current state of affairs is just too boring.

And for an arc that Oda has been wanting to write for the longest time.. I just don't know what to think. This should've been that arc where every chapter is rich in plot and intricate details that hint at the plot that's coming further down the road.. and for quite a bit "act 1" had that feel. This second act basically is:
- Get Luffy into a position to get a power-up and friends.
- Get Big Mom-device to break out Luffy
- Reshuffle the cast to different places to set up next phase.
- Kill off the secret plot to create fake tension.

No tension anywhere because we know that every little bit will get resolved without too many problems.

#14 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:06 AM

No sense of tension?! HELLO?! Our main character is being EXECUTED AS WE SPEAK! How do you mean no tension?!?

Nah just kidding, this entire act does feel slow. Might be the aftereffect of Luffy facing Kaidou which left a vacuum? It kinda feels like Dressrosa when we were all waiting for the Colloseum-arc to wind down (which I liked to be honest), but the current state of affairs is just too boring.

And for an arc that Oda has been wanting to write for the longest time.. I just don't know what to think. This should've been that arc where every chapter is rich in plot and intricate details that hint at the plot that's coming further down the road.. and for quite a bit "act 1" had that feel. This second act basically is:
- Get Luffy into a position to get a power-up and friends.
- Get Big Mom-device to break out Luffy
- Reshuffle the cast to different places to set up next phase.
- Kill off the secret plot to create fake tension.

No tension anywhere because we know that every little bit will get resolved without too many problems.

The problem is not that there is no tension at all. IMO the problem is that the only tension in Wano focusss around Luffy, all other SHs do niothing....

Zoro sleeps, Sanji, Franky, Robin, Nami, Usoop talk.... Kine, Kanju, Momo do nothing... there has not been a single prolonged fight since start of Wano, even in WCI we got more fighting up to that number of chaps in the arc.

Once more entire story focusses Luffy, without ANY significance to the others. WCI became better during its story since people like Nami, Chopper, Brook got time to shine, so did Bege, in Wano its ONLY luffy  so far... BOOOORRRIIINNG!

#15 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 12:55 PM

It is a real shame too. Luffy just best dogtooth. A number 1 commander. But he used alot of BS to get the job done and was almost dead when he finished. This fight vs queen where he is forced to stay in the ring had the potential to be a really good and even fight. BUT.... pda decided to take all the possible tension out if it by making luffy joke around the whole time.

Oh also. I know I said that I like this knife collar better then the bomb collar. But surely a knife collar sound be no threat at all to luffy. Bomb collars luffy would have to pull a rey and magic it off his neck and throw it away. But with a blade collar all luffy needs to do is break the collar and get it 2 inches away from his neck faster then the blades can deploy....or........
https://z-img-05.man...28_800_1131.jpg
So that is how long the blades are fully extended.... luffy is made of runner right? He can stretch his neck so those blades dont contact his neck.

So I stand by what i said. I like that oda oda trying other things, aside from bomb collars... but this was not the right call.
You know what, if oda wanted to make a saw style death collar, he should of gone all the way. Make it a full on face mask like you see in the saw movies.
Oh and one final thing. I am so glad luffy isnt mr fantastic. Because I am not in the mood for a gag scene where luffy stretches his body throughout the base and struggles to keep his neck and collar in the ring.

banner.png

#16 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:57 AM

Man... it was so obvious... One of the main topic when her bitchy moves came out was "Oda will try to redeem her by showing those guys were assholes" and some people even added "but I still won't forgive her". You weren't supposed to know, but jumping into conclusions with something that's hinted to be proven different is risky.

Hell, jumping into conclusions with no further proof is what leads to 90% of the stupid debates in this forum (and the reason why I stoped bothering to visit it too often). Not saying you're one of the reasons, not at all. But yeah, as a general rule is good not to judge before you get the full picture.

I will still defend myself by comparing kumorosaki to all the other characters that had to do bad things in order to survive. She is still the worst one, in my eyes, because she played emotionally with others.
It was also the first time Oda showed us a sensitive side of a "evil" person. It caught me off guard.

The biggest red flag was one of the dude selling his family cause he had a hard on... It was obvious at that point we were not supposed to feel sympathy for them. Not to mention the fact that Momo was implying that his sister was likely alive and all grown up which made the whole thing interconnected in this very same chapter.

It was a big red flag but it would also be awesome if somehow hiyori had grown into a despicable person from growing up without a proper parental role.

Edited by Abaroxa, 23 April 2019 - 05:01 AM.

#17 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,103 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:14 AM

Not surprised at all Oda went with trying to redeem Komurasaki. That was going to be the most obvious path but I was hoping that Oda would do something different. Like having Komurasaki/Hiyori actually be the secret traitor and working against both Orochi and her own family because she wants to be the one to rule Wano. That would be so much more interesting to me and make sense given her past after having been abandoned by her family to become a prostitute than her just having been waiting for Momo to return and getting money to help others while being generically good, but oh well.

Yasu's character was pretty fun this chapter. Learning that Toko is his daughter and how he goes around trying to help everyone was nice to see. Toko's personality now makes a lot more sense too with her constant laughing. The joke with how none of them knew who he was but pretended to act like they did was kind of funny too, haha.

The stuff with Luffy is starting to feel repetitive with the training. I don't really understand why Queen is letting him basically train right in front of him. You'd think Queen would be strong enough to notice what Luffy is trying to do, but he is just letting it happen. Now with there being many more prisons and thousands of people I guess they have their army, and Big Mom is closer now but I wonder if we will see Big Mom attack the prison before Act II is finished.

• Raiden likes this

#18 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,086 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 24 April 2019 - 03:32 PM

Just here to say I love how everyone basically calls Flawrence Tra-Guy. Luffy's impact !

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

#19 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 06:42 PM

Just here to say I love how everyone basically calls Flawrence Tra-Guy. Luffy's impact !

Why though? Law is shorter and literally impossible to forget. Everyone calls luffy luffy not monkey, why does luffy call law by a butchered version of his family name?

Luffy called donquixito doflamingo flamingo guy, so at least there luffy butchered DD's first name. Why for law does luffy butcher his family name?

It is almost as if luffy isnt consistent and some one is just making luffy pick the easiest name to make fun of for this tired and stupid running joke..... no that isnt possible....

On an unrelated note. If that is how Japanese names work, last name first, then does that mean lucci is from the rob family?

banner.png

#20 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,086 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 27 April 2019 - 06:17 AM

Why though? Law is shorter and literally impossible to forget. Everyone calls luffy luffy not monkey, why does luffy call law by a butchered version of his family name?

Luffy called donquixito doflamingo flamingo guy, so at least there luffy butchered DD's first name. Why for law does luffy butcher his family name?

Law is/will be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things so calling him Tra-guy fits. Noone will remember his name. Tragic childhood, tragic ending! 

• Chillman likes this

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users