• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 feres

feres

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:50 PM

Well I hate to say this but you must of missed something.

CC at the very least knows how to steal a fruit. When his slimy died he left a bag of apples sitting around and one of those apples turned into a df.
So the heavy implication of this is that when a df user dies the df goes to the nearest fruit and that becomes a new DF.

That is what I believe Burgess had on his back in that weird pack. A bunch of apples. So once he killed sabo or luffy one of the apples I'm his .....neck...phannypack... would turn into the df of the person he just killed.

So at the very least CC knows how to steal df. BUT in reality any pirate in OP who has ever killed a fruit user should figure it out quickly.

Also, I guess the word "steal" inst correct, it is probably more correct to say "kill the fruit user and take his fruit"

Also..... once again I dont think this is how bm got her powers, but if worst comes to worst.... the kiadou crew could always eat df users to gain their powers....

I would not be so sure. The apple indeed transformed into a DF, most likely the slime's one. Yet, it was said more than once that the ability is reborn "somewhere" in the world.
At least, being reborn in the nearest fruit needs to be a really new information in OPverse. I mean, why killing users and taking their powers this way is not the MAIN activity in the world?

I think the WG would have ALL strong fruits in the world by now if not. A weak dude with a really good fruit would yet be fodder to a admiral. Having fruits like gura gura, soul soul, logias etc would be the most logical plan for the WG in the past 800 years...

Edited by feres, 29 May 2019 - 10:27 AM.

#22 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,653 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 06:48 PM

I would not be so sure. The apple indeed transformed into a DF, most likely the slime's one. Yet, it was said more than once that the ability is reborn "somewhere" in the world.
At least, being reborn in the nearest fruit need to be a really new information in OPverse. I mean, why killing users and taking their powers this way is not the MAIN activity in the world?

I think the WG would have ALL strong fruits in the world by now if not. A weak dude with a really good fruit would yet be fodder to a admiral. Having fruits like gura gura, soul soul, logias etc would be the most logical plan for the WG in the past 800 years...

no the most logical plan for the WG in the past 800 years is using the anicent weapons to kill all pirates. what did the WG do there? they hid the anicent weapons and killed anyone who even tried to use them. only recently did the WG decide they should use the ancient weapons to end the age of piracy and that is why they went after robin.

so is it fair to say the WG is not a bunch of brain surgeons? They don't always do the smartest things.

But hold on that isnt fair, aside from waiving this questions away let me give you a real response. 

1st- the world is a big place. Doe you think the WG knows where the Lightning fruit is? It is on the moon. ya one of the best fruit in OP is on the moon, and even before then i feel safe saying that no one in the WG knew enel had it on skypiea. what about the rubber fruit before luffy ate it? granted the rubber fruit is a really bad fruit, but shanks put it in a box and didnt care about it. how could anyone know where that one is? Shiki was plotting to destroy the WG, do you think anyone knew where he was hidding with his df? and his df is possibly one of the best in all of OP.

There are a lot of places for fruit users to hide out away from the WG. And look at what happened to DD and co when they heard about the so called ultimate df. DD went for it, the marines went for it, Law and coza went for it, it was a mad dash and the weakest of that group got to it, somehow law and coza made out with the DF even though some of the most powerful people in OP were out of it.

And the WG as powerful as they are, they still use ships the same as every other pirate. we have seen the SH escape from ships. At the end of the day, all a weaker DF user needs to do is get away in a ship. Akainu can be at the helm of a battle ship, but if foxy sails into a horrible storm, the noro fruit just got away.

2nd- The WG already has some of the most powerful DF in all of OP. The wg has a legendary zoan, had the ice fruit, has the magma, and light fruits, they have magellan, they have all the warlords, so the string fruit the shadow fruit, the darkness fruit for a while, the sand fruit for a little. Fuji's stomp fruit. what more could they ask for?

3rd look at their biggest enemies, they don't have the best df. Kiadou has the dragon fruit, a zoan is a zoan even if it lets the user breath fire, still garbage, BM has the soul fruit, a weaker version of the shadow fruit, which the WG had. shanks probably has none, WB had the quake fruit which is an impressive fruit but when the strongest man in the world has it......it isnt worth the struggle to get it...... and BB has the darkness and quake fruit. Out of the WG's biggest enemies only 1 of them has a fruit worth getting.

4th staying on top is hard. Once you get all the DF what do you do with them? do you lock them up and not use them? if you give them to people you run the risk of losing them. give coby a shiny new df, he can have the fire fruit, but Coby is only around captain level in strength, zoro could kill him. sanji could kill him. carbiou may even be able to kill him. so what happens when coby dies with the fruit? now someone else has it. Is the WG really going to devote all their resources to keeping all their marines alive who use DF? or are they only going to give df to adrmial level fighters who they know wont die? well ok but there are only so many admiral level fighters. 

And it would take alot of work to maintain this level of dominance. Imagine zoro, mihawk, garp, and shanks all kill DF users on different corners of the world. what are you going to do? dispatch the admirals to all 4 corners of the world? the WG does have a job other then maintaining its DF collection.

5th, why? the WG has a good system right now. anyone can join and they can work their way up to the top however they want to. Garp was able to become the devil for pirates without a DF. I understand that DF objectively make you stronger. but you know what else makes you stronger? getting stronger. What the WG does right now works. If the wg was constantly getting beaten up i could see why the WG would suddenly seak out more DF, but they are still on top and apparently have been for a very long time, and all they had to do was what they are doing now, not stock pile DF.

6th chaos- who knows how these battles really go down. Sure Burgess wearing a backpack on his back filled with apples(and the fact he is a close range fighter) probably helps maintain control of where the DF ends up. but it isn't a sure thing. imagine this- me and you are enemy pirates. I kill your captain the poison fruit user. we are in a heavy storm, your ship is going down, I am poisoned, I need to get back to my ship and leave as soon as i can. I get back to my ship only to find out my bag of apples has a hole in it and the DF fell out. or instead of my bag of apples, when i killed your captain the ship's kitchen was closer so the soul went into a fruit there. Or during the fight you destroyed my bag of apples so i would have to let you live.

7th fighting style- typically when someone gets strong enough asking them to change their fighting style isn't a good idea. Don't forget Franky was offered the fire fruit, that is a logia that is supposed to be good (i say it is mid tier) but he said no. Sometimes someone gets set in their fighting style and they have no reason to take a DF. Zoro really cant use a DF. it would make him stronger, but i doubt he wants to be the most powerful swordsman with the barrier fruit.

cop out-

and of course....... well..... it just isnt good story telling. do you really want to read a OP where luffy doesnt meet a single other DF user unless they are a WG agent/warlord/marine? Ya maybe oda could make it work with the marines being the only enemies, but then even the SH crew wouldn't have DF users.

I get what you are saying though, I would hunt down df users or at the very least always have fruit on hand. But I really like what Oda did here. waiting till almost the end of OP to show us how DF transfer.

• denimdragon likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#23 emirua

emirua

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:36 PM

Chopper cured nothing so far.

Didn't he cured the Minks?

haha.. daaamn, true that, he has only treated wounds so far.. ummm... Oda is really giving nothing to praise our mainies after time skip..

#24 carmeliba3

carmeliba3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 12:38 PM

I was kind of hoping it would be a Ryuma's descendant reveal... thus the "death" of plain Zoro...

Possibly its a misinterpretation by readers default mind setting (or their hopes i.e. Mihawk death by an admiral). Mayhaps its just like Zoros new fighting style. I mean we know that Ashura is a sort of deity/demon in mythology. Mayhaps a new demonic fighting style created by Zoros spirit is connected to Death itself, thus the link.
I mean honestly there have been countless theories about Zoros eye (not that i like a single one of those), and that Oda choose not to elaborate about Zoros spirit at all since TS seems too awkward as to not have relevance later on. Thus i could clearly see him having a spirit creation connected to hell or death/demons to further underline Zoros sinister nature and dark aura at times. The last 2 have been pointed out deliberately throughout OP.

• denimdragon and capu like this

#25 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,653 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 06:16 PM

Smiles were a thing a least two years ago; after Luffy punched Charlos at the auction house Disco called Doflamingo panicking and he told him to lose his number as he was out of the slave business and that Smiles were now the hot thing on the underground market. Also Ceasar was on Punk Hazard before Aokiji and Akainu had their duel, in fact him clearing the island of poisonous gas is the reason they chose to have their duel there.

Ya I remember bits and pieces of what you said. I remember DD saying smiles are the future, but I didnt remember him saying he was selling them.
And I remember hearing that the poison was mostly gone when akainu and aokiji showed up. But when smoker showed up there was alot of poison (CC put it there to scare them off)
Hummm I wonder where they went when akainu and aokiji were fighting. Surely they would of noticed CC and co with their CoO.

Akainu "ok this is where we are going to fight, a huge empty island with no one to get in our way"
Aokiji "yes I like this location...... do you hear that?"
Akainu "ummm ya what is that 50 some voices and one very powerful one?..... isnt this island off limits?"

But who am I kidding. CoO only works when plot wants it to.

banner.png

#26 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2019 - 01:14 AM

Ya I remember bits and pieces of what you said. I remember DD saying smiles are the future, but I didnt remember him saying he was selling them.
And I remember hearing that the poison was mostly gone when akainu and aokiji showed up. But when smoker showed up there was alot of poison (CC put it there to scare them off)
Hummm I wonder where they went when akainu and aokiji were fighting. Surely they would of noticed CC and co with their CoO.

Akainu "ok this is where we are going to fight, a huge empty island with no one to get in our way"
Aokiji "yes I like this location...... do you hear that?"
Akainu "ummm ya what is that 50 some voices and one very powerful one?..... isnt this island off limits?"

But who am I kidding. CoO only works when plot wants it to.

There is no saying how good their CoO actually is. Could be preWCI Luffy lvl. Which was ok but not really something of real worth. Even in MF WB coming did not really show good CoO, everyone without it would have noticed the bubbles (except if he is blind...and deaf)....Fuji is the only one worth mentioning among the admirals when it comes to CoO. All in all the admirals (again with Fuji seemingly being the exception, which he already is due to not being a logia in generel) are mostly DF.  

and the last part is true ... Oda is freaking inconsistent when it comes to CoO

Edited by capu, 28 May 2019 - 03:37 AM.

#27 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2019 - 03:41 AM

I was kind of hoping it would be a Ryuma's descendant reveal... thus the "death" of plain Zoro...

While i like there being a reference / connection between Zoro and Ryuma i dont prefer it to be a lineage thing, but rather the potent spirit the both of them wield/have control over, which allows them to create illusions that share charatericts of the "material realm" as to say make visible damage to people. Ashura and thus the solidfication of sorts of Zoros own body is something that we have not seen by anyone in op so far, at least not when it comes to the illusions being created by the creators soul itself that is. 

• denimdragon likes this

#28 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,653 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:41 AM

There is no saying how good their CoO actually is. Could be preWCI Luffy lvl. Which was ok but not really something of real worth. Even in MF WB coming did not really show good CoO, everyone without it would have noticed the bubbles (except if he is blind...and deaf)....Fuji is the only one worth mentioning among the admirals when it comes to CoO. All in all the admirals (again with Fuji seemingly being the exception, which he already is due to not being a logia in generel) are mostly DF.

You know it is funny you say that because Fuji is the only admiral we have so far confirmed has pretty bad CoO. He heard lightning with his ears and had to ask DD what was going on. This means that his hearing had a longer range then his CoO, which is bad. If his CoO had longer range then his hearing he wouldnt of had to ask DD what the sky was doing, he would of just known nami was throwing lightning attacks at jora.

As for the admirals during MF not knowing where the WB crew is. Well.... aside from calling oda inconsistent and calling it a day. There is 1, thats ONE, only one, not able exception to CoO the "being inside something" exception. Both Asia and enel explained/showed that because luffy was inside a snake, enel couldn't detect him.

So the "inside something" exception obviously covers situations like bege carrying the whole sh crew into the wedding. We can both agree the sh crew was inside bege the same luffy was inside the snake right? Or at least similar enough.

But here is where the "inside something exception" gets complicated. Did it apply to pica? I think it did, if not zoro is the biggest moron ever. He had to cut pica into little pieces and wait for movement because his CoO wasn't telling him the exact location of pica. And this is fair enough pica was inside the ground.

So if we follow that logic, maybe this exception to CoO works under water also and that is why the admirals were not surprised.

OR, now that we know CoO is a finite resource. Maybe the admirals only focuse their CoO at ground level up to 100 feet off the ground? As I have already explained what the WB pirates did was monumentally stupid. There is no reason the admirals should be focusing their CoO on the water.

OR, like I said, CoO is finite, so maybe the admirals didnt have their haki turned on yet. Makes sense right? They are saving it all for the battle. Wb hadnt even shown up yet so it is safe to say the admirals didnt have to be on guard.

Now to be fair Fuji could of just turned off his coo also but... I mean the dude is blind he should keep it on often

banner.png

#29 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:11 AM

Wouldn't it be fitting if the pleasure army was offered to Doflamingo crew.

I mean DD was the joker and to have an always smiling crew would be awesome.

I hate to say this but I still can't see the SH beating DD pirate crew without help from external forces. DD had over 2000 soldiers.

The SH can't beat the BM pirates even without BM in the picture.

This just proves the SHs really need to have more fodders on their side to be worth something in the op-verse. 

Hope next week I get to see luffy reaction to Zoroland and Sangoro kicking some ass. Hopefully he will display any type of proudness.

Vegapunk probably already has the cure for the smile df. Last time we saw smoker he was on his way to vegapunk while riding the SAD tanker. 
Thats probably how they're going to convince wano to open their borders and join the WG.

Although I would prefer if they joined a new World alliance with Sakura, Ryuuga, Dressrosa and Alabasta kingdom.

• Youngflash likes this

#30 Dsipro

Dsipro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:16 AM

All I can say is Haki is a resource isn't it?  It can be used up and depleted, so maybe if their specialization isn't CoO it uses up more stamina than it should, or maybe depending on the range they expand it to it uses more or less stamina (assuming they can toggle the range of it).  Maybe there were too many "voices" on the battle field and expanding it beyond their personal space would make it more distracting than helpful. We saw Coby get overwhelmed cause he couldn't focus on one "voice" 

#31 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,076 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:29 PM

I enjoyed the chapter more than I thought. I didn't think they would dwell so much on the execution scene and the story would jump back over to Luffy, but I'm glad they stayed with it more. 

At first I was a bit upset that Sanji jumped in with Zoro. It feels like Sanji and the other SHs kind of came from nowhere to be at the execution scene. Last we saw them they were in another town listening to Yasu's speech, and it felt like it took a bit away from Zoro's moment when it was set up for him to do something big. Then I remembered that this is the first time Zoro and Sanji have met since early in the Dressrosa arc. They haven't been on panel together in almost 6 years which is crazy. So in that context this being their big reunion I liked it more and I hope that they will get a nice fight and Oda won't off panel it all. Like it feels it is set up for Drake and Hawkins to face off against them, but who knows. 

Also it was interesting to get the full backstory on the Smile fruits and what they do. Although so far I kind of fail to see how useful the fruits have been, but that is another issue I guess. So the fake fruits get their name sort of from what happens when they fail. Where you can only smile and laugh and express no other emotion. Orochi giving the failed ones to his citizens is kind of messed up too. I don't know if that was Oda's original plan all along as I always thought the name came from when Dof introduced his whole era of "smiles" thing early on in his introduction, but Oda probably had this at least planned out since the timeskip probably. 

It seems Oda is trying to fill in more of Yasu's backstory too, but I still feel like we needed to spend a bit more time with Yasu before his death to really make the impact feel big. Although I will say that the scene where Toto rushes to his dead body and then says she has some of Usopp's Toad Oil that can heal his wounds was really sad. Probably the saddest moment in the arc so far. This is the first time in a long time where Usopp's lies kind of came back to bite him it feels like. 

#32 Dude

Dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:52 PM

Is this the first chapter we see sanji with his feet ablaze without his shoes?

#33 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 04:35 AM

Is this the first chapter we see sanji with his feet ablaze without his shoes?

I think it is.
I don't think he deflected the bullets. I think he really got shot for otoko. You can see a hole in his right foot.

After all this years, oda still can't draw feet.

Edited by Abaroxa, 30 May 2019 - 04:36 AM.

#34 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:10 PM

722 was the last time sanji and zoro were in the same panel. That's almost 6 years ago.

Not reading the spoilers really paid off when I got to that part  :2howgeg:  :2howgeg:  :2howgeg:

The defective Smiles definitely explains why Orochi needs Vegapunk to perfect and create the strongest army.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users