• Fenrix likes this

#2 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:28 AM

Twice is steadily rising to the top as one of my favorite characters, lol.

We learn some more behind how superpowers were re-branded into "quirks" to quell the social unrest but at the end of the day, the system is still pretty messed up for those who have powers in general.

Last panel with Shigaraki was badass. He is also steadily rising up the ranks of likable characters the more we see of him. 

Tbh, I feel like this villain arc is becoming one of my favorites if only because we got to learn more about the league of villains.

• Raiden, Madara D Dragon, Red Opus and 2 others like this

#3 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:40 PM

Twice's clones being able to make clones of other people is absolutely busted,
since they also don't lose any offensive power.

The only thing the clones lack is durability. Otherwise his power is broken.

It looks like Redestro apparently has a transformation type quirk given how he altered his arm during this chapter, to wipe out some of Twice's clones.

I assume that the mother that the President was talking about in his speech to Shiggy could maybe referring to Shiggy's actual mother.

That begs the question, how did Redestro find out all this info about Shiggy's mother? Also why is the President so obsessed with Shiggy anyways?

Anyways good chapter overall.
  • Red Opus likes this

#4 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:42 AM

Great Chapter. Nice to have some more Worldbuilding with the Story of how the term Quirk came to be.

I assume that the mother that the President was talking about in his speech to Shiggy could maybe referring to Shiggy's actual mother.

Uhm he said he was talking about Destros Mother, who apparently coined the term "Quirk" for the Superpowers. (or more the Goverment used her term)

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#5 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:27 AM

Great Chapter. Nice to have some more Worldbuilding with the Story of how the term Quirk came to be.

Uhm he said he was talking about Destros Mother, who apparently coined the term "Quirk" for the Superpowers. (or more the Goverment used her term)

Ok, you're right after I reread the chapter again.

It kinda explains a lot about Redestro's personal beliefs,motivations and ideology seeing as how his own grandmother was basically ostracized and branded as an outcast by most of society.

It still doesn't explain his obession with Shiggy and the VA though.

#6 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:35 AM

Ok, you're right after I reread the chapter again.

It kinda explains a lot about Redestro's personal beliefs,motivations and ideology seeing as how his own grandmother was basically ostracized and branded as an outcast by most of society.

It still doesn't explain his obession with Shiggy and the VA though.

And Grandmother was the loving, caring type and instead of learning from her Grandmother, Destro decided to go full tilt evil/villain. One nice thing about this manga is that it tries not to use every overused Trope in existence or at least put an interesting spin on them. . .unfortunately some Tropes get missed and this is one of them.

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#7 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:40 AM

And Grandmother was the loving, caring type and instead of learning from her Grandmother, Destro decided to go full tilt evil/villain. One nice thing about this manga is that it tries not to use every overused Trope in existence or at least put an interesting spin on them. . .unfortunately some Tropes get missed and this is one of them.

I'm not sure why being vengeful for his grandmother is a bad thing.

#8 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:14 PM

Cuz it's a tired cliche of a person losing a loved one that's leads someone into a path of villainy.

That has been retold millions of times not just in other mangas, but in countless books, movies and tv shows too.

#9 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 09:05 PM

Cuz it's a tired cliche of a person losing a loved one that's leads someone into a path of villainy.

That has been retold millions of times not just in other mangas, but in countless books, movies and tv shows too.

Because in a realistic setting, a child raised in an environment of love and kindness would not go off the rails that easily. It would be hard not to go off the rails, but it wouldn't be that easy and it sure wouldn't happen at the snap of the fingers. "Captain Face Palm" and Hero Killer do what they do because they grew into their disillusionment of Heroes and Quirk over the years. They just didn't wake up with sudden idea to do what they do. Destro on the other hand was expect when completely nutters the moment his grandmother hit the ground/floor. While a child will be greatly affected, it shouldn't make them go all revenge mode like the other two. If anything I have to wonder how many neighborhood pets and small animals mysteriously vanished before Destro's grandmother was murdered.

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#10 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:07 AM

Where did you all get the idea of her being Re-Destro's grandmother???

First of all, he talks about her being Destro's mother, not his. He isnt tied to Destro family wise as far as we know, nor there is any clear sign for it. He sais he inherited his will and so on, never was it mentioned as far as I remembered that ReDestro is related to Destro by blood...

Second of all, it also doesn't clarify that woman being Destro's mother, it sais it in a generic way, as if she was the "mother of all quirks". Could be his literal mother, could easily not be it. Actually Shigaraki asks about it mid-fight, confused about him calling her mother, so there's a deeper explanation to that than a simple biological mother imo.

All in all, I dont see any basis to state that woman is Re-destro's grandma, so chill down before pointing out cliches guys guys.

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#11 Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:12 AM

Horikoshi has never been good at fight choreography but this chapter was particularly bad in that aspect, hopefully the next one is better now that the real Tenko is here to fight.

He sais he inherited his will and so on, never was it mentioned as far as I remembered that ReDestro is related to Destro by blood...

In this very chapter he said "Yes, his blood runs through these veins! I am Re-Destro"; also there names are Chikara Yotsubashi and Rikiya Yotsubashi so he seems clearly intended to be his biological son. Whether the mother of all quirks is also related to them by blood is still ambiguous though it seems to be likely.
That said I don't see a problem with any of that from either a narrative or character writing standpoint; this arc has a ton of problems (way too many for me to get into now) but the stuff with Rikiya's lineage is not one of them. He's not merely motivated by petty revenge for his ancestors he truly believes in his vision for society.

• Kid Frost likes this

#12 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 09:14 AM

Where did you all get the idea of her being Re-Destro's grandmother???
First of all, he talks about her being Destro's mother, not his. He isnt tied to Destro family wise as far as we know, nor there is any clear sign for it. He sais he inherited his will and so on, never was it mentioned as far as I remembered that ReDestro is related to Destro by blood...
Second of all, it also doesn't clarify that woman being Destro's mother, it sais it in a generic way, as if she was the "mother of all quirks". Could be his literal mother, could easily not be it. Actually Shigaraki asks about it mid-fight, confused about him calling her mother, so there's a deeper explanation to that than a simple biological mother imo.
All in all, I dont see any basis to state that woman is Re-destro's grandma, so chill down before pointing out cliches guys guys.

Dude, in prior chapters Redestro - the President - is strongly hinted to be Destro's son.

https://www.mangapan...academia/218/10

Also that mother of quirks woman was definitely confirmed to be Destro's mother here:

https://www.mangapan...academia/232/11

That woman that Redestro is referring to this chapter is his own grandmother.

So you're wrong in every way.
  • Raiden likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users