• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 05 July 2019 - 06:18 PM

2nsu9aa.jpg

https://www.crunchyr...ons/summer-2019

https://myanimelist.net/anime/season

New thread for the anime season...what's hot, what's not discuss that here.

• ArSoNiSt JoE, Tokoya and Fallen Angel like this

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#2 Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 06:40 PM

I'm mostly looking forward to Vinland Saga and Danmachi S2, everything else is a bonus.

#3 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,613 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:23 PM

Might actually get into Dr. Stone.
  • Fallen Angel likes this

#4 Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 01:56 PM

My grades for the summer season based on everything I've seen so far

A-Tier
Vinland Saga
Danmachi Season 2
Cop Craft
Demon Girl Next Door

B-Tier
Fire Force
Maidens of the Savage Season
How Many Kilograms are the Dumbbells You Lift?
Astra Lost in Space
A Certain Scientific Accelerator

C-Tier
Dr. Stone
Are You Lost?

D-Tier
If It's for My Daughter I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord
Okaasan Online
Isekai Cheat Magician
Arifureta
Magical Sempai

F-Tier
Demon Lord Retry
Hensuki
The Ones Within

• Goddess Nike likes this

#5 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:39 AM

Thats pretty harsh on Dr Stone there

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#6 Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:55 AM

Thats pretty harsh on Dr Stone there

I think it's a balance between the first two episodes, I thought episode one was great and would've had it near the top of my list if it was based on that alone but the second episode took me right out of the series for numerous reasons. Still I don't think a C is bad, it's like a 6.5 or 7 on a 10 point scale. Plus I've heard it gets really good later so I have high expectations for it especially since it's 2-cour.

#7 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,284 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:52 PM

Spring ended up being pretty meh overall, but this summer is actually pretty lit

My favorite 10 are:

Vinland Saga - Best OP and ED of the season, I'm familiar with the source material too and its GOAT....Expect this to be GOAT 

Doctor Stone - Up to date with the manga, easily the most unique and fresh series to come out of WSJ in the past 5 years and it's great

Fire Force - ALL THE SAKUGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

DanMachi S2 - Big fan of the manga and S1 so I'm expecting more of the same

Cop Craft - Reverse Isekai wrapped up in a cop drama that's reminiscent of one of my favorite series (Psycho Pass) so I'm hooked on this

To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts - A good version of Fairy Gone imo

Maidens of the Savage Season - Easily the dark horse of the season and one of, if not the funniest show of the year

Kanata no Astra - Really good space survival series, can already tell that the characterization will be pretty good too (It's a WSJ veteran and is by the creator of Sket Dance)

UchiMusume - This is LITERALLY Wholesomeness The Animation, but I found out about some shit that happens way down the line and I dunno if I can even rep this series anymore :cry:

Lord El Melloi II Case Files - This is a sequel spin-off to my favorite anime of all time (Fate/Zero) and it follows one of the best characters (Waver), the mystery elements in this is top notch too

But other than that, I liked mostly everything that I picked up (Muscles the Animation, Given, Tejina-senpai, Cute Girls Survival Guide and Accelerator to name a few)

Edited by Tokoya, 16 July 2019 - 10:55 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#8 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:11 PM

Hm...

Oddly enough, I was kind of let down by Vinland Saga. I mean, in the sense that it couldn't live up to my impossible standards. It's a fine adaptation so far, but I waited an hour and a half to see Thorfinn's mom scolding Thors, and what I got was less like a pissed off wife that just gave birth, and more like an angry teenager who was given the wrong ice cream flavor.

Astra and Dr. Stone are both SJ series that I heard great things about, but never actually picked up. Funny thing is, if I had known that they were both succesors of series that I loved to pieces (Eyeshield 21 and Sket Dance), I probably wouldn't be watching their anime adaptations first. They're both looking pretty great so far.

I'm only familiar with the manga version of the Waver mystery series. I don't really like the detective mystery genre, much less one that relies on endless magic jargon to keep me completely out of the loop, but I loved Waver's antics in the manga, so I'm kind of waiting for the anime to cover that already.

To be perfectly honest, I'm only vaguely interested in watching the Accelerator anime because of the unorthodox amount of nonchalant nudity from the manga, but I take it that's not going to be something the adaptation will care to imitate.

I watched 5 minutes of Uchimusume before I gave up. I think I'll just follow the manga. 

Maou-Sama Retry was a mistake.

samisig.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users