#41 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 15 September 2019 - 01:19 PM

The Asta and Yuno vs Licht fight was amazing...Black Clover is really inconsistent (mostly due to staffing issues) but when they go all out it's really good.

• Kid Frost and Fallen Angel like this

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#42 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 16 September 2019 - 08:03 AM

The Asta and Yuno vs Licht fight was amazing

I know Demon Slayer and Mob Psycho S2 have had some good ones but it feels like Black Clover is almost competing against itself for fight of the year. Yuno vs Rill, Julius vs Patri, and this Licht fight are all in my top five. 

As far as seasonal shows I feel like Vinland Saga, Fruits Basket, Demon Slayer, and Kanata no Astra all still have the potential to be AOTS for me.

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime Updated

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

#43 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 01:44 AM

I'm expecting fireworks from BNHA season 4.

Some really good fights upcoming.

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#44 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,312 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted Yesterday, 06:31 AM

Kanata no Astra.....Definitely the most underrated series of the season

This show was easily the one series that I enjoyed over everything else this season minus Finland Saga and Fire Force

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#45 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:02 AM

Ohh Finland Saga, I can't wait to watch that spin-off by the end of next season!

I mentioned it before, but I was hoping Kanata no Astra wouldn't turn into a murder mystery, and-- well, it didn't. They literally went all "Oh right, there was a killer. Hey, who was the killer again? Ah, cool. Thanks!". This would've royally pissed me off... if the alternative wasn't a long and tedious game of checking alibis and second guessing everyone's motives at every corner. What I AM kind of pissed off about is that the last episode made the whole show feel like an axed shonen jump series. Of course, that's just part me wanting more of this story, and part context of this being an adaptation of a possibly longer manga. On the other hand, if I look at it in science fiction terms, this was more like an Isaac Asimov novel with better characters, so I don't really mind.

Anyways, I can't deny I liked the ending, but I liked some of the early episodes better, when there was tension and stuff. The one where a bird snuck into the engine room sticks out to me for some reason.

samisig.jpg

#46 gamria

gamria

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:38 PM

Ohh Finland Saga, I can't wait to watch that spin-off by the end of next season!

I mentioned it before, but I was hoping Kanata no Astra wouldn't turn into a murder mystery, and-- well, it didn't. They literally went all "Oh right, there was a killer. Hey, who was the killer again? Ah, cool. Thanks!". This would've royally pissed me off... if the alternative wasn't a long and tedious game of checking alibis and second guessing everyone's motives at every corner. What I AM kind of pissed off about is that the last episode made the whole show feel like an axed shonen jump series. Of course, that's just part me wanting more of this story, and part context of this being an adaptation of a possibly longer manga. On the other hand, if I look at it in science fiction terms, this was more like an Isaac Asimov novel with better characters, so I don't really mind.

Anyways, I can't deny I liked the ending, but I liked some of the early episodes better, when there was tension and stuff. The one where a bird snuck into the engine room sticks out to me for some reason.

To be fair, between the Arispade-Icriss flight (when the Assailant was last brought up) and the Icriss-Galem flight (when Kanata reviewed the events on McPa again), they had lots more important things to deal with: the plight with their ship, Polina, and two big mysteries. In light of those, the Assailant is almost insignificant.

I still have to catch up, but at the time of the serialisation, I too thought that their arrival to their goal would be more complicated. But I suppose Shinohara didn't want to detract from the adventure/coming-of-age aspect of the tale, didn't want to bog it down with too much other stuff.

But by no means was Astra axed, not in the slightest

• It serialised on Shonen Jump Plus and got #1 on pretty much every week/fortnight on the website
  • The 5 planet itinerary was set out from the get-go points to a defined scope and planning for the story
  • The way the Volume Covers were designed reinforced the notion that there would only be 5 or 6 volumes (the former of which is the case)
  • The big reveals actually had the series trending on Japanese Twitter

Now that you've finished the Anime, be sure to check out the Manga as well, if only to spot clues that you've missed and a lot of things get fleshed out.

Edited by gamria, Yesterday, 05:55 PM.

Author of the Sket Dan Helpers blog, come visit if you can!

http://sketdanhelpers.wordpress.com/

Owner of the Ansatsu Database blog, with information on our favourite middle school assassins:

http://ansatsu-database.tumblr.com

#47 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:47 PM

To be perfectly honest, I never checked if the series got axed or even if it actually was a Shonen Jump series! I have nothing against short series with a premise that puts it on a timer from the get-go (hell, my signature is from Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer), but that's not related to the fact that they crammed a lot of stuff in that last stretch. Me claiming it felt like an axed Shonen Jump series was not indicative of its quality-- far from it. I only meant that they spent the last episode with a long sequence of reveals and wrap ups, which is the usual giveaway of a series that was cut short against their wishes.

If you want to know if I liked it or not... I didn't hate it, but... I guess I wasn't expecting that finding the traitor was going to be the last real conflict of the series. I know it sounds mean, but I kind of wanted something to go wrong before they finally got there. Not... 40 minutes straight of everything going according to plan and "everyone is doing great now!".

On an unrelated note, I called it an Isaac Asimov book with better characters because Asimov's novels are all structured basically the same way. Ordinary, unremarkable people are presented with some kind of futuristic puzzle which, after much deduction and reevaluation, is solved in a very creative way. Then it just... ends. "Ah, so that's why my robot butler committed suicide. Hm. Very interesting. Anyways, what's for dinner."

samisig.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users