♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,102 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 August 2019 - 02:55 PM

MS: https://readms.net/r...iece/952/6110/1
JB:  https://jaiminisbox....en/0/952/page/1

Edited by Oben, 18 August 2019 - 01:36 PM.

• capu likes this

#2 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Location, Location, Location

Posted 16 August 2019 - 03:03 PM

MS must have used the Korean Scans or had another source. A lot going on as usual.

#3 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:07 PM

That one Zoro face  :aww:

#4 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,763 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:59 PM

Oh look the cover story. I wish it was luffy seeking out lola to kick her ass for straight up lying about BM. What the HELL made lola think she would help nami?

So one of my old favorite parts of OP was the names werent ridiculous Japanese names like bleach. Naruto one piece ft, they all usually keep the names simple, I guess for this arc oda said to hell with that....

FINALLY zoro felt with that guy...

Wait hold on. I was promised a bm kiadou fight. Where is my bm kiadou right?

Soword god? Is it possible that defeat instead came to everyone because kiadou is.... all powerful? Seems like your superstition is a little unreasonable.... I mean one of the first things modern Christians learn is that god will not prevent all bad things from happening no matter what you do. So what the hell is with this? Also did you not just see that fat bandit guy? He kinda was beating jack. Guess he didnt need the sword god...

Oh also can we talk about that fat bandit guy? If luffy doesnt get pissed off then Luffy is the biggest fucking hypocrite I have ever seen. He got furious that one town, the town of valuable and skilled people, was eating while the town of useless sick and old people nbn were starving, yet here is a bandit who has gotten fat. We saw the flashbacks he wasnt always fat (I would forgive him if he was) but he got fat AFTER kiadou started making food scarce. So shouldn't luffy be pissed? This guy was eating so much food he got fat and the towns people were starving. Where is the outrage luffy? (When luffy eventually meets this guy that is)

But let me be clear I know the bandit is only fat because oda csnt properly draw age. The only way oda knows how to age someone is by making them shorter or fatter.

So why is the mario villain saying "oh?" Is he amazed zoro would block his insane attack in such a stupid manner? Surely he isnt surprises zoro blocked the attack he didnt send that attack to kill zoro.... did he?

Here it is!
When will their fight end? Well from the reader's perspective..... in 3 panels? Ya it will be over quick for us.

So when BB and ace fought the BB crew gave their captain space. Is queen calling BB'S crew cowardly? Because they are anything but.
Hahaha what ever I am sure it was just a set up for that joke. Ok I like it. And that is a smart move.... well it is smart for someone.
TAKE NOTE bm crew. If you dont hear from someone for a while, CHECK UP ON THEM. See queen is smart when he isnt fighting.... the man who did the dumbest combat move in history is doing everything right that the BM crew did wrong.

Haha the queen wanting to leave stuff is funny. But in reality.... he should just let his men leave. They sure as hell wont help the fight and they will only get hurt if they stay. In fact queen is probably the only one who could add to the fight if he stayed.

Whoa there. "Anyone with animal type magic" the hell os that supposed to mean? Surely you mean anyone who ate a smile right? We have no confirmation this df power works on actual zoan users. And if this is the second arc that comes down to "make the emperor eat a thing" I will be unhappy. And if you count the plan to make sugar eat a spicey thing.... this is the third arc (nesrly in a row) where the main plan has been "make a villian eat something"
But you know what. If they are going to do it they better do it. They better not do it half way. Have kiadou eat it and it only works 50% "oh no he is too strong to hold" that is bullshit more then the thing working on actual zoan in the first place.

Also should I be worried how the little girl knows her fruit doesnt work on humans? Seems a little sketchy for a sweet little girl....

Whoa whoa there. Did caribou just say "our final battle" OUR?! I thought he was here to break out. When did carbiou suddenly want to throw away his lift trying to kill kiadou? Remember this is a man who left his crew to die at the hands of commander going too far (legit one of my favorite characters) and that crew just saved him AND one of those was his damn brother. But he is going to help luffy and co with this battle?..... did I miss something?

Also carbiou has in the past referred to a "that guy" I always assumed it was BB but..... does this make it official? I mean it couldn't of been shanks right? Ok let's all just assume carbiou in the past was referring to BB.

Wait!!!!!! Is that commander a woman? Not a fake woman like the scabbard? They locked up a real woman in prison with all these men? Um..... not what I would of done... but what ever it isnt my prison.

PRO TIP- instead of drawing panel after panel to make the readers like your new characters, just introduce them to us and have the main character say "haha you are all characters" there. Now you saved yourself at least 2 extra pages of establishing the character of those "characters"

See this is one of the things I hate about all manga, for some reason in Japan it is considered funny for the main hero to allow weaker people to best him up. See this is the real reason superman wont lose to goku, because superman isnt whipped by his wife....
Superman "hey before the fight I stopped by your house and got these from chi-chi's purse"
Goku "oh thanks what are they"
Superman "your balls"

It is.... idk..... I am sure there are some kids pissing themselves laughing at the fact 4 random fodder just tired to cut luffy's fingers off....

And luffy's comeback was "like I care" ya that was the beat oda had for luffy... after luffy was demasculated in a gag scene his response was "like I care" awesome....

Let me just say I for one cant wait till we get a prolonged roger flashback where we can see dr clover dragging the pirate king around by his ear and roger's wife beating him up for eating too much food....

Also I want to point this out. On page 11 middle panel. See those two noodle looking things coming out of luffy's waist? Those are his legs. Luffy's legs look like they were created in Microsoft paint.... this is the artwork of the only mangaka who cant maintain 4 chapters a month..... taking shortcuts like that you would figure you would get more consistent chapters...... or maybe he was saving all his detail for the graveyard of ships and had none left for luffy's arms and legs.

Good, plans to the mansion that will be destroyed 3 minuets into the fight. Or wait, maybe these plans are so oda can give us his little graphics he loves to show us where everyone is? Like I cant just remember on my own...

Ah yes only weapons for export. And no one in OP is interested in a sword from wano. So sadly wano doesnt export swords. What 99% of pirates want these days are wano shotguns. Everyone knows shotguns come from wano, and only wano craftsmen can make shotguns that shoot....good...

Ok I get it. I understand guns are much better weapons. But if you look at wars there are still tons of soldiers (inexplicable) using swords. So wano. The place famous for their swordsmen.... SHOULD be exporting swords.
This is like if Cuba were to have all sanctions lifted and the first thing they were to start exporting was....anything other then cigars.

But like I said I get it. Although the better problem would be "we have 3500 guys, sure we could raid a weapons facility but the enemy would then know we now have so many guys we need more weapons" something like that. And they cant raid a weapons facility the day of the battle they would have to fight twice in a row.

Weapon possession has been banned? Well orochi did a bad job. There are tons of weapons. Also what about df? Can you really ban weapons in a world where df exist? That's like if 10% of the population has Superman's powers and the government banned guns. You...I would be furious.

Holy shit zoro.... op is like my 20th priority I dont even look forward to new chapters and even I remembered that the only girl on wano was raised by a kappa... zoro has done 2 things and he took this long to remember that? That level of stupidity is.... well I was going to make a joke about him not knowing how to tie his shoes but he doesnt have laces...

No forget on his own. The dude is a damn fishman!!!!! He could just jump in the ocean find fish that arent poisoned and feed both of you what the hell?!? Did the Fishman forget how to fish?

Wait!!!!!! Those guns can take out a wild beast?!?!?! Just like literally ever other gun ever made?!?!?? Omg that is awesome!!!!

Why is he running? Maybe because he forgot to read manga and he doesnt know when another enemy shows up you instantly become friends because the writer is incapable of having more then 2 sides in a conflict.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#5 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:12 PM

The thief is going to have enough swords for everyone, isn't he?

#6 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Location, Location, Location

Posted 16 August 2019 - 05:25 PM

The thief is going to have enough swords for everyone, isn't he?

He's likely based off Benkei who was trying to collect 1000 weapons in some lore if that means anything.

Edited by Nintendocat, 16 August 2019 - 05:28 PM.

• Chillman likes this

#7 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 12:36 AM

The best part of this chapter was Queen trying to make excuses to leave Onigashima, hilarious.

The rest of the chapter was uninteresting tbh, I really couldn't careless about those yakuza bosses that where introduced - yawn, more boring uninteresting side characters added to an arc that is already overfilled with them.
  • trafalgarlawisop likes this

#8 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,544 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:29 AM

Disappointed in this chapter... There's no point in hiding a yonkou fight now, we're going to have to see them fight soon just show us a bit of kaidouvsbm

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#9 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 08:42 AM

Disappointed in this chapter... There's no point in hiding a yonkou fight now, we're going to have to see them fight soon just show us a bit of kaidouvsbm

Gee man, I have been saying that since forever about Oda skipping exciting fights that he should not (Smoker vs Vergo, Law vs Fujitora and DD). I can't stand seeing Kinemon making preparations for the big war for the million times... He's so uninteresting and boring  with an abusive amount of screen time  :psyduck: .

Zoro vs the weapon thief was also off panelled. Marimo regaining and being worthy of Shusui could have been an exciting plot point for the third act. 

#10 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,674 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:59 AM

I actually enjoyed this chapter. Queen’s growing on me.

#11 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:02 AM

Well time for me to throw in my stand.

First off, to me this and the last cover page manifest that Bege will eventually join the SHGF. With Chiffon aiming for Lola and being a friend to Nami, just like Lola, Bege claiming his wife's wishes r his own (and considering that Lola and Chiffon are close, and both befriended Nami already, just like little Bege did) will give in to the women's wishes i believe.

2ndly i dont really get why the Ringo part was split? That made it somehow bad to read for me, since i was already disappointed when i still thought: "Wait Oda u show Zoro for 4 pages and thats it?" So ye that kind of disturbed me. But well we got some progress on that story line so thats good.

Generelly the chapter (just like the last 2) did move the story forward a lot. Udon finally is over i hope, and i truly wish for no more skips to the Udon / Luffy part. Luffy has done his job so far, it is due time the others get some time to shine, especially Zoro, since its his arc, Sanji, since he did nothing at all since TS...., Usoop, Franky, Chopper. Nami and Brook have done a lot in WCI, so i dont really need them to shine right now, its enough if they do things at the final battle, or start doing awesome shit right before that one.   

To sum it up just focus all other Shs except Luffy... cant be that hard Oda....

Unlike others i dont see any reason to show the yonkou fight right now. It would only take a lot of time to do it thoroughly and that would take too many chapters without progressing any of the plot or empowering any SH. I can wait until the shit hits the fan and when the SHs are actually making their move against the yonkou.

Queen scene was done well but most times he is funny anyway.

One of the few good things Oda did very well post TS. Introduce funny characters every arc, or keeping them close. Remember Bege and CC? Now there is also Queen, whos facial reactions and character i can enjoy.

What i am wondering though is how Zoro did block Kawas slash at him when Zoro ususally is not the one with good CoO (except i.e. in  PH where it was showcased that he too has a big range, similar to Sanjis). Was it even CoO or simply reaction/instinct? Seemed pretty effortless.

Gyuikimaru was presented stronger the last time, but this time he was like a plaything to Zoro, i find that awkward. Moreover his showings vs the Kaidou fodder also were pretty bad...

Caribou part was strange, does he pretend to be truly an ally or is it an facade?

Kinemon heading to Amigasa village huh? K Hitetsu seems to be more important than i first thought then (originally thought he solely will provide the swords as a swordsmith, but there seems to be more to it), but hopefully he aint Denjirou. I mean we truly need a samurai that looks badass...the rest seem like a joke so far, just think about the letdown Orochi....Kyoshiro is the only exception so far imo. 

I wonder was Drake mayhaps specifically send to destroy Amigasa village since Kaidou got to know that there is a base there which collects/forges swords for a war vs him? That would be a nice side mission if i.e. Usoop, Franky, Robin, Nami, Sanji (mayhaps + rest of Heart crew) are send to a base where those weapons r now and have to fight like 2 headliners+their underlings. Sounds like fun.

Still good chapter ,good progress with Zoros face at the left botton panel on page 17 being just epic!

#12 Zeta42

Zeta42

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:04 AM

I think I’ve figured out why Wano feels so off to me. Two reasons:

1. Wano isn’t about Straw Hats. Even though they’ve finally reunited after Dressrosa (which was 6 years ago), most of them do fuck all, and even the ones that are doing something appear once in a full moon and feel like side characters.
  2. Wano is about the people of Wano. Kaido is their plight, and Luffy wouldn’t even be there if he didn’t want to stroke his ego by beating up a Yonko. (And if Kaido wasn’t there and Luffy came just for the Poneglyph, it would’ve been the shortest arc ever.) The samurai, the yakuza, Hiyori, the laughing folks... All of them are boring as hell and underdeveloped despite being the main focus of the arc. Who gives a shit about Kawamatsu? Why is the monk suddenly so important that the chapter ends with a big panel of him weeping tears of joy?

At least Kaido and his crew are fun, not a single boring moment with them on panel.

#13 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,763 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:39 PM

Well time for me to throw in my stand.

First off, to me this and the last cover page manifest that Bege will eventually join the SHGF. With Chiffon aiming for Lola and being a friend to Nami, just like Lola, Bege claiming his wife's wishes r his own (and considering that Lola and Chiffon are close, and both befriended Nami already, just like little Bege did) will give in to the women's wishes i believe.

2ndly i dont really get why the Ringo part was split? That made it somehow bad to read for me, since i was already disappointed when i still thought: "Wait Oda u show Zoro for 4 pages and thats it?" So ye that kind of disturbed me. But well we got some progress on that story line so thats good.

Generelly the chapter (just like the last 2) did move the story forward a lot. Udon finally is over i hope, and i truly wish for no more skips to the Udon / Luffy part. Luffy has done his job so far, it is due time the others get some time to shine, especially Zoro, since its his arc, Sanji, since he did nothing at all since TS...., Usoop, Franky, Chopper. Nami and Brook have done a lot in WCI, so i dont really need them to shine right now, its enough if they do things at the final battle, or start doing awesome shit right before that one.
To sum it up just focus all other Shs except Luffy... cant be that hard Oda....

Unlike others i dont see any reason to show the yonkou fight right now. It would only take a lot of time to do it thoroughly and that would take too many chapters without progressing any of the plot or empowering any SH. I can wait until the shit hits the fan and when the SHs are actually making their move against the yonkou.

Queen scene was done well but most times he is funny anyway.
One of the few good things Oda did very well post TS. Introduce funny characters every arc, or keeping them close. Remember Bege and CC? Now there is also Queen, whos facial reactions and character i can enjoy.

What i am wondering though is how Zoro did block Kawas slash at him when Zoro ususally is not the one with good CoO (except i.e. in PH where it was showcased that he too has a big range, similar to Sanjis). Was it even CoO or simply reaction/instinct? Seemed pretty effortless.

Gyuikimaru was presented stronger the last time, but this time he was like a plaything to Zoro, i find that awkward. Moreover his showings vs the Kaidou fodder also were pretty bad...

Caribou part was strange, does he pretend to be truly an ally or is it an facade?

Kinemon heading to Amigasa village huh? K Hitetsu seems to be more important than i first thought then (originally thought he solely will provide the swords as a swordsmith, but there seems to be more to it), but hopefully he aint Denjirou. I mean we truly need a samurai that looks badass...the rest seem like a joke so far, just think about the letdown Orochi....Kyoshiro is the only exception so far imo.
I wonder was Drake mayhaps specifically send to destroy Amigasa village since Kaidou got to know that there is a base there which collects/forges swords for a war vs him? That would be a nice side mission if i.e. Usoop, Franky, Robin, Nami, Sanji (mayhaps + rest of Heart crew) are send to a base where those weapons r now and have to fight like 2 headliners+their underlings. Sounds like fun.

Still good chapter ,good progress with Zoros face at the left botton panel on page 17 being just epic!

Now when you say there is no time for the emperor fight yo be "done right" do you mean Oda's version of done right or kishi kubo and hiro's versions of done right?

I really lowered my standards but all I ever expect out of this emperor fight is 2 named attacks. That's all we got from akainu and wb so that is all I dare hold out hope for. I am just holding out hope for 1/2 named attacks because I know it is either that or off paneling the entire fight.

Also you name cc and bege (i will throw in bartolomeo) as the funny characters. Isnt it weird that all the "funny" characters are irredeemable stains on humanity?

Cc kidnapped experimented on and (was ready to) murdered children.
Bege joins crews for the sake of killing the captains. According to dante's inferno (and captain jack sparrow) bege is destined for the deepest circle of hell. (Although not the bible, the bible does not really distinguish between severity of sins that much)

So here is my theory. If oda didnt make the funny characters pieces of trash, we wouldnt take the childish humor from their mouths seriously. Does that make sense? Like look at queen. We can all laugh at him trying to escape the fight because he is a monster who tortures prisoners and makes games out of executing people. But if this was the little girl from EL these jokes would be anoying.

Do you think there are any funny characters who arent evil?

Maybe hannibal. His "this is an attempt to become warden with our lives on the line" was haliorus. But I am sure less objective people than me would consider him evil.

Um.... buggy? I dont think he is funny... but what he did to.... that random town... is nothing less than evil. Although not CC/bartolomeo evil.

Garp? He isnt evil but.... well he isnt funny. Maybe the old marine hero who picks his nose, falls asleep randomly, and doesnt care about his job much is funny to some people.
Do people think mr. 2 is funny? He isnt evil but also.... he isnt really that funny. Iva is evil but.... do people say he is funny? He has a big head I am sure that is funny in japan...

Kizaru? He isnt evil but.... is he funny? He is an expert level troll and his entire character design is very fun. But he isnt a "funny" character....

Idk maybe that theory doesnt hold true pre-ts but when you named the post time spike funny characters I noticed that they were both...very, bad guys.
  • KUROkami likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#14 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,153 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:54 PM

No surprise that the Kaidou and Big Mom fight isn't being shown. Oda always has those big fights between non SHs be off panel, but I guess the one exception to that was the Ace and Blackbeard fight but given how important an event that was it needed to be shown. Wonder if they will continue fighting all the way until the invasion. Still, I did enjoy how Queen was trying to find excuses to run away from the island. Queen is an entertaining villain I think. Outside of his dumb sumo game where he let Luffy train I think he has been the most fun villain in the arc so far. He at least has a personality which many in Kaidou's side are lacking sadly.

Also it looks like Zoro had no issue with beating the monk this time, but you wonder why he didn't do that last time and avoid getting hurt. Oh well. I guess they needed to set up the monk guy's character more and have the whole "they need weapons" plot with him be expanded on more. So, Kawamatsu and Hiyori finally reunite after like 15 years, and it was interesting that Hiyori ran away and I guess lead to his capture. I wonder what he thinks of her becoming a famous prostitute after his capture, but I guess it won't be mentioned. Still hoping that there is more to Hiyori's character than her being this crying woman all the time. I still hope she maybe has a slight heel turn and is working with Kyoshiro, but I dunno.

And it looks like the elephant warden isn't dead and Chopper was able to cure all the people from the toxin a lot more quickly than I thought. I was wondering if Chopper trying to make a cure would be an ongoing plot, but I guess not. Tama's ability really is kind of broken if she can turn so many people so easily. I wonder if the ability would work on Kaidou or any of his crew since they have zoan fruits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users