• 11,312 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:40 AM

https://mangaplus.sh.../viewer/1003649

Jigen's doing alright so far
  • Doan likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:12 PM

Remove Boruto, Sarada, Kawaki and the kids... Focus Naruto and Sasuke - Manga goes from 0  to 100 :clap:

• ArSoNiSt JoE, masterbio, KUROkami and 1 other like this

:kakashi:  We back

#3 ArSoNiSt JoE

ArSoNiSt JoE

LOOK AT ME KING!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts
  • LocationTrinidad and Tobago

User's Awards

3    4    4   

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:53 PM

That was a good ass fight  :D  Bet it'll look great when animated. Seeing Sasuke and Naruto teaming up again is always a plus  :lol:

• masterbio and paka like this

241sbad.jpg

ArSoNiSt JoE's Finest Work:

Spoiler Parodies

Epic stuff from other OMF posters:

#4 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:58 AM

so was the chapter jumping back and forth for anybody else or is it just me?
Pusha T - Story of Adidon

#5 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:10 PM

SAUSKEEE...really good chapter . Always a major plus seeing these two team up
  • paka likes this

#6 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:09 PM

The more perplexing question - is Jiren evil?

• Been around probably since Kaguya's time and stayed low key - no known incidences of massacres
  • Chooses to have a by choice relationship with others instead of using force... negotiating a deal to adopt Kawaki etc.
  • Moved his fight with Naruto to a safer place - recognizing the village would be put in danger and it would not be a fair fight with Naruto holding back (though his goal was to avoid one either way)
  • Agreed to a peaceful resolution/offer from Kawaki without any second thoughts
  • Apologized for intruding in Naruto's home - touching moment - for entering without permission and not removing his shoes
  • Tolerates or puts up with a dysfunctional family with all their nagging and demands
  • Knew Koji had become a traitor - ignored it and still chose to trust
  • Took a whole lot of being kicked around before he got pissed - the patience

This chapter keeps adding to the mystery of Jiren's relationship and goals with his past and present - why he doesn't despise and instead sees value (power) in the people similar to Hagoromo

#7 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:10 PM

well wasn't his reason for moving the "fight" to another dimension to trap Naruto there but then Sauske showed up and realized that he had to fight them? Again, I don't know if I missed anything because as I said before that the chapter kept jumping around
  • KUROkami likes this

#8 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:24 PM

The more perplexing question - is Jiren evil?

• Been around probably since Kaguya's time and stayed low key - no known incidences of massacres
  • Chooses to have a by choice relationship with others instead of using force... negotiating a deal to adopt Kawaki etc.
  • Moved his fight with Naruto to a safer place - recognizing the village would be put in danger and it would not be a fair fight with Naruto holding back (though his goal was to avoid one either way)
  • Agreed to a peaceful resolution/offer from Kawaki without any second thoughts
  • Apologized for intruding in Naruto's home - touching moment - for entering without permission and not removing his shoes
  • Tolerates or puts up with a dysfunctional family with all their nagging and demands
  • Knew Koji had become a traitor - ignored it and still chose to trust
  • Took a whole lot of being kicked around before he got pissed - the patience

This chapter keeps adding to the mystery of Jiren's relationship and goals with his past and present - why he doesn't despise and instead sees value (power) in the people similar to Hagoromo

If he was on the planet when Kaguya ate the World Seed and did nothing to stop her, then no, he's not a 'good person.' And shouldn't Naruto know FTG by now?

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#9 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 12:13 AM

well wasn't his reason for moving the "fight" to another dimension to trap Naruto there but then Sauske showed up and realized that he had to fight them? Again, I don't know if I missed anything because as I said before that the chapter kept jumping around

Yes but also note that he could easily have held the village hostage and force Naruto to give in... the one trying to avoid a fight here is Jigen -

• Engaged in dialogue vs killing everyone in his way
  • He came alone - didn't bring along his crazy minions
  • He was willing to listen to reason/compromise to avoid fighting
  • Finally chose the peaceful option

A more cautious Hokage would have seen the risks involved in starting a fight... the one being peaceful here is Jigen (though his demands are not the best) - this reminds me of the third and Orochimaru - it's the third that tried the peaceful route and made arrangements to protect the village

If he was on the planet when Kaguya ate the World Seed and did nothing to stop her, then no, he's not a 'good person.' And shouldn't Naruto know FTG by now?

He is not suppose to be good... but in this instance he's just not giving off the evil vibe (kinda similar to Kaguya) - I could go as far back and outside of searching for a vessel by sacrificing kids, their is nothing else evil about him... at this point we still don't know why he is so obsessed with finding a vessel

FTG - that's been on the forgotten list since he fought the Raikage - which is good coz it would make him just another clone of his father... I like the difference

Also noted that with FTG, Jigen (The Jiren of Boruto) space-time ninjutsu would be easily countered by Naruto

Edited by paka, 22 August 2019 - 12:16 AM.

#10 pyrogenic

pyrogenic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:52 AM

Well, what you are pointing is that he has manners and is not interested needless bouts. That doesn't make him "good" in any way. What we now know for now is that he has his agenda, and has no problem sacrificing others lives in its pursuit, treating others like objects. And that comes from race that isnt really into generally good stuff for others.

#11 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 12:42 PM

I'm just referring to this instance... not giving him a pass. He seems to have a purpose and reasons for his actions... look up his behavior/approach from when he was introduced - it's not just with Naruto. Jigen's body count is low compared to the supposedly good people like the Hokages

#12 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:14 PM

FTG - that's been on the forgotten list since he fought the Raikage - which is good coz it would make him just another clone of his father... I like the difference

I’m sure that between mastering the rasengan, tailed beast chakra, and shadow clones, he’s different enough from his father. I don’t like that he forgot his speed before being trapped.

#13 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:46 PM

I’m sure that between mastering the rasengan, tailed beast chakra, and shadow clones, he’s different enough from his father. I don’t like that he forgot his speed before being trapped.

Minato abused the technique which made him virtually impossible to defeat - Just imagine Naruto spamming special seal and teleporting

Minato used his tailed beast chakra during the war, never used shadow clones much (didn't need it - vs Naruto who had no choice but to rely on it because of his childhood experiences), resengan abused by Naruto but still... Naruto would become another Minato relying heavily on FTG and not need shadow clones/rasengan spam - I like this limitation and difference between the two

#14 Graeystone

Graeystone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 10:01 AM

Jirien might be on of those 'Polite/Mannered Villains'.

If not FTG then what about Uzumaki Chains. . .its like a good chunk of Naruto's heritage has been passed over.

• ArSoNiSt JoE likes this

z8EE0.png

"I Am Of The Outside Looking Inward. A Perpetual Observer. A Persona Non Grata."

#15 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 02:41 PM

Yeah as @pyrogenic pointed out above - good manners doesn't make him good... many similarities between Jigen and Jiren - maybe he will snap when pushed to a corner - from their names, demeanor, politeness, both are OP, from some other planet, etc.

Chains would be useful especially in situations like these to protect everyone and still be able to go all out in a fight... also don't see it being prioritized over his other techniques in a fight. Problem with Naruto is we were given the impression he was so fast that "yellow flash" was no longer necessary... yet we now see him taking hits from simple moves by his opponents - lets not forget sage mode (frog kata) not being utilized as effectively as he did in the past.

Not sure chains would help much against space-time ninjutsu

#16 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 05:38 AM

The FTG is only acceptable for kakashi or boruto

• paka likes this

#17 paka

paka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:14 AM

The FTG is only acceptable for kakashi Houki or boruto

Boruto's eye maybe already gave him the ability.

The only missing piece for the other is a trainer - Edo Tensei might do the trick

#18 ArSoNiSt JoE

ArSoNiSt JoE

LOOK AT ME KING!

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,800 posts
  • LocationTrinidad and Tobago

User's Awards

3    4    4   

Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:37 PM

Jirien might be on of those 'Polite/Mannered Villains'.

If not FTG then what about Uzumaki Chains. . .its like a good chunk of Naruto's heritage has been passed over.

Don't forget the red hair  :lol:  Kishi just got his Akira Toriyama on mid shippuden and pulled the "Uzumaki Clan" stuff out his ass  :lol:

241sbad.jpg

ArSoNiSt JoE's Finest Work:

Spoiler Parodies

Epic stuff from other OMF posters:

#19 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 01:11 PM

MS version https://readms.net/r...6143/1?mobile=1

#20 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 06:23 AM

Man, isn't this like the 3rd or 4th opponent that Naruto has faced that can absorb chackra? The concept is getting boring, but seeing Naruto and Sasuke fight is always a big win for me.

I'm only afraid of the end. I don't believe Jigen will die here, but I don't see any party leaving that plane without killing the other. And since we know that Naruto and Sasuke die eventually...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users