#3 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:32 AM

Zoro's definitely killing kaidou

LOL, just no.

But I am liking all the Zoro and Hiyori moments, it's kinda cool he is gonna get a new blade from his future waifu.
  • Raiden likes this

#4 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:41 AM

LOL, just no.

But I am liking all the Zoro and Hiyori moments, it's kinda cool he is gonna get a new blade from his future waifu.

I feel Oda is gonna ditch Tashigi for Hiyori despite throwing obvious hints that she had a thing for his katana  :o .

Apart from that, 80 percent of the chapter was uninteresting and only that bit about Zoro's new sword caught my attention.

Edited by trafalgarlawisop, 23 August 2019 - 12:42 AM.

#5 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:57 AM

LOL, just no.

I see, it will be early Wedding gift :P

I'm guessing Meitou Enma (OP chapter has appeared in Mangastream) has fire powers or something similar? Because Kaido's scar looks like pretty similar to Luffy's and it doesn't look it could have done by sword... And this has been hinted way back then when SH crew was going to Fishman Island where Zoro mentioned wanting fire sword in Chapter 604.

Edited by Timppafin93, 23 August 2019 - 01:18 AM.

#6 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:45 AM

Chapter 920 you can see enma.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#7 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,155 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:09 AM

Good chapter. I liked Kawamatsu's backstory with the fox and how he came up with the Gyukimaru identity to try and fend off grave robbers; then after being captured the fox took over his identity as Gyukimaru. Some touching moments with him trying to explain why he needed to take the swords from the graves in preparation for the upcoming battle, and also because he had no other purpose in life after Hiyori ran away, then 13 years later the fox had been continuing that mission.

I do wonder how the fox was able to take on the appearance of a person. Abilities like this are usually devil fruit related, but it feels like this might not be related to that? I wonder if there will be a proper explanation or if Oda will just leave it as some type of mystical Japanese/Wano folklore creature that can just do that.

And Zoro might get a new sword. The legendary sword Enmu that was used by Hiyori's father. I can see Zoro using it, but I can't imagine he would keep Hiyori and Momo's father's sword. So maybe this will just be a temporary addition until Kaidou is defeated. I imagine he will give the sword to Momo, or maybe even Luffy will be the one to use it, haha. Probably not though as Luffy is learning to punch Kaidou now, but for sure Momo will get it I think.

Still, I can't imagine anyone but Luffy defeating Kaidou but it feels like Oda has been teasing Zoro being the one to kill him. If Kaidou has to die (he seemingly wants to die for some reason too) I can't see Luffy killing someone and maybe Zoro will have to do it? Maybe it will be a mirror version of what happened back at the start of this long arc where Luffy and Zoro defeated and killed a dragon on Punk Hazzard.

Interesting how Enmu's Shrine was shown a few chapters back to tease this in 950 maybe. Also it is interesting that she is willing to give that sword up in order to get Shusui. Maybe Shusui is too important to Wano for Zoro to continue to use it, but I just can't imagine he would leave without Shusui after Ryuma gave it to him. Maybe he will earn in the eyes of the people of Wano after they defeat Kaidou and Orochi. Interesting that the former Daimyo of Ringo is named Shimotsuki, which is the name of the village Zoro grew up in from East Blue. Lots of connections being made with that area, Ryuma, the Shimotsuki family and Zoro.

• Raiden likes this

#8 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 04:23 AM

For a story that I didn't care at all, it was pretty nice to read.
Oda could have gone with the bridge stealer was just a stealer because real samurais are a thing of the past and therefor no one deserves to have one. The fact that he joined this little plot with kawa's plot made my day.

I want zoro to get this new sword but at the same time I don't want him to give away shusui.. what a precarious predicament.
Oh, I know. Zoro gives away shusui and becomes the hero that returned shusui to it's country and he gets enma and the kitetsu sword Luffy was carrying.
  • Scorpion2k4u likes this

#9 Furinji Saiga

Furinji Saiga

Luffy X Zoro

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,044 posts
  • LocationYami HQ

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:02 AM

Some interesting things have been pointed out. 

Quite interesting indeed. 

First is the color cover of chapter 937

00x.png

pi46q6z.png

閻魔

So in the chapter in which Gyukimaru( Onimaru now)  was showcased, in that cover Zoro is reading a map that says Enma(閻魔) , the sword that is mentioned in todays chapter.  So maybe Zoro takes the sword and use it in the fight against Kaido. He could keep it or return it depending on what happens so we will see. 

In this chapter we also learn of  Shimotsuki clan and that it is a famous family in Wano  having ruled over two regions of Ringo and Hakumai. 

And in Ringo they have a tradition of revering their swords and burying it on top of the grave. 

Spoiler

Zoro does the exact same thing at the end of Thriller Bark where he asks to bury his "dead" sword Yubashiri on top of the grave. 

Spoiler

With Zoro also being from a village called Shimotsuki villiage in East Blue, and his heavy connection to Ryuma who is also known as Shimotsuki Ryuma (霜月リューマ Shimotsuki Ryūma). I think there is quite a lot  of implications that Zoro is in someway connected to Wano, not sure what that entails. 

Edited by Furinji Saiga, 23 August 2019 - 07:18 AM.

• Raiden, Shin, Scorpion2k4u and 5 others like this

tumblr_o0lugkgNBf1qfjt74o2_r1_500.jpg
Credit to Miss Coquine :aww:

Mihawk's Title you OMForumers

Spoiler

Let us pray for Lawl's death

Spoiler

Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#10 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,594 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:33 AM

For a story that I didn't care at all, it was pretty nice to read.
Oda could have gone with the bridge stealer was just a stealer because real samurais are a thing of the past and therefor no one deserves to have one. The fact that he joined this little plot with kawa's plot made my day.

Agreed. I didn't like how the last chapter ended because I didn't like all the focus on the monk and thought Oda was just wasting time, but even though this isn't hugely important overall it was still a nice story.

Edited by Tale, 23 August 2019 - 07:33 AM.

• Abaroxa likes this

#11 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,765 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:10 AM

Holy shit this was the biggest waste of a chapter I have ever seen in all of manga......

Move over "5 pages of fishing" now we have a WHOLE CHAPTER of "I got weapons"

Here let me rewrite this entire chapter
End of 952
Kappa calls kin on a snail phone
Kapa "hey some how I heard you need weapons"
Kin "yep"
Kappa "well I stock piled a ton of weapons over the 7 years I was free"
Kin "good job"

There. That was the entire chapter. Oda only needs to add that to the last two panels of 952 and he can take this entire week off.... I know you like taking weeks off!
  • PunkHazard likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#12 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:56 AM

Nope, he will be Law of that fight, so he will weaken Kaido just enough for Luffy to beat him.

• Chillman likes this

#13 feres

feres

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:40 PM

I dont believe Kaido will die in this arc. Maybe not even leave Wano.

Rogers got to Raftel without killing Kaido and BM. It even seems that he only stole the information in the road poneglyphs and ran away. I believe Luffy will do something similar.

#14 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,980 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:46 PM

I realy like this chapter. The story of this fox who defended the area and collected the swords for 13 years is kind of beautiful.

• masterbio and Chillman like this

2mg5kyb.jpg

#15 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:40 PM

I dont believe Kaido will die in this arc. Maybe not even leave Wano.

Rogers got to Raftel without killing Kaido and BM. It even seems that he only stole the information in the road poneglyphs and ran away. I believe Luffy will do something similar.

Luffy already in a different path from Roger.
Roger got to rafter in his 40s/50s Luffy will do it before he's 22.
Roger didn't had the minks, Dr crocos or a O'Hara scholar to tell him where to go. He had to figure it all out with his crew. I bet he was the one that found out about the different types of poneglyphs. Like how 4 of them are road poneglyphs and such.
Roger actually got two road poneglyphs for free. The minks and wano country had two and then he stole the 3rd one from BM. Luffy will have to fight for at least the one on wano.

#16 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,765 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:12 AM

Luffy already in a different path from Roger.
Roger got to rafter in his 40s/50s Luffy will do it before he's 22.
Roger didn't had the minks, Dr crocos or a O'Hara scholar to tell him where to go. He had to figure it all out with his crew. I bet he was the one that found out about the different types of poneglyphs. Like how 4 of them are road poneglyphs and such.
Roger actually got two road poneglyphs for free. The minks and wano country had two and then he stole the 3rd one from BM. Luffy will have to fight for at least the one on wano.

Wait what? You mean luffy didnt have dr crocos or an ohera scholar right? Because roger had both of those things.

banner.png

#17 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:33 AM

I actually really liked this chapter. Who doesn't like japanese foxes? And that scene where the fox was biting Kawamatsu's arm, it was great. For me I would rather have more of those moments than for example, the constant introduction of new characters.

Also, I think Hyori (it's the princess name, right) is going to betray them somehow. She just seems too... I don't know. "Conveniently" placed in all this...

• Abaroxa likes this

#18 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:25 PM

Who doesn't like japanese foxes?

Me. Neither do i find japanese Dragons to be threatening or enjoyable.

Highly doubt that. Oda ONLY focusses Luffy, for the others he has no  care anymore.

Completely disagree. I find it irritating that Zoro would even consider changing one sword for another, when there has been such a deep connection between  him and them,for as long as he does not get one of his other blades (like third Kitetsu) broken. Shuusui should be very special to Zoro, since he got it from Ryuma himself, and the original owner, Ryuma, specifically stated that the sword will be content with having Zoro as its new master. Therefore i simply dont see Zoro giving it away for another. What i could see though is the 3rd kitetsu being substituted by either the nidai kitetsu or enma. I truly like Zoro getting all Kitetsu swords, (one at a time), and its time for a new (nidai) one. I really hope Zoro gets 1 surpreme great sword, i think is time he gets such an update, considering the last new sword he got happened at TB, which is like 13? or something years ago and the fact that we already have gotten pretty far into the  story, i really doubt there will be much chances for a proper swordsstory (since it would require a lot of focus on Zoro) to be presented, which the reader would approve of, since he would need the info about what makes the sword special in the first place, and for that it needs someone to tell the story, thus screentime. Moreover  there should be no other place in the world where people know so much about swords as they do in wano. 

2 new swords i could live with if he truly has to give back Shuusui. Then my preference would be Emna (as long as it has the highest sword rank and only if that is the case) and the nidai kitetsu. He can get the Shodai Kitetsu later on.

But imo it finally time for a new swordboost and there is no better place then Wano to do that.

Edited by capu, 25 August 2019 - 01:29 PM.

#19 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,765 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 03:27 PM

I actually really liked this chapter. Who doesn't like japanese foxes? And that scene where the fox was biting Kawamatsu's arm, it was great. For me I would rather have more of those moments than for example, the constant introduction of new characters.

Also, I think Hyori (it's the princess name, right) is going to betray them somehow. She just seems too... I don't know. "Conveniently" placed in all this...

Me I dont. They look good I guess but as a combatant they are small animals. The average fox weighs between 9-31 pounds. Considering the average corgi weighs between 25-35 pounds this means that the average corgi is larger then the average Male red fox... that means a dog that is famous for looking like a goofy loaf of bread is larger then a fox.... (in weight. Fox is a little taller)

So why does this guy always have a fox? Is it because he is the Paris Hilton of wano district bosses? He needs to always have his purse dog with him... wait dogs arent manly enough! Give him a purse fox!

Even chopper would be laughing at how pathetic fox are. Fish men are supposed to have super tough skin, see arlong, and a fox was able to bite through the skin of a fishman? For the record humans have stronger bite forces than a fox....

I guess what I am saying is that the dog from the town buggy trashed would be a better guard then a fox...... although how that the fox can turn into a human and fight zoro.... now it is a better guard.

Me. Neither do i find japanese Dragons to be threatening or enjoyable

Oh god I thought I was the only one.

Ya dragons from European legends are these awesome flying monsters that looks like someone got the toughest looking dinosaur and put massive wings on it.

Japanese dragons look like goofy snakes with corgi legs.....
(Wow 2 corgi reference in a row)
  • capu likes this

banner.png

#20 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,155 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 29 August 2019 - 02:24 AM

I did have a thought. If Moria isn't dead (which I hope he isn't) and he returns to Wano for this arc since he does have unresolved business with Kaidou given what happened to his first crew, I wonder if Moria would do what he did to Ryuma for all the buried samurai in Ringo. Put shadows into them and make them able to fight. Since they mentioned that all their bodies didn't rot because of the cold and if Luffy's side suddenly needs more people I guess that could be a way to increase their forces. Not going to happen I think, but it feels like the option for it is there. Then the fox can fight alongside his former master again one more time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users