Spoiler

#2 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:38 AM

Great chapter.

I see that Hiyori managed to persuade Zoro to return Shuushi away and he gets Enma from his future waifu instead. Good on him for doing the honourable thing.

This chapter also proves that Zoro is the real ladies man of the crew not LOL Sanji given chicks are easily interested in him like Tashigi, Perona, Bonney and now in this arc - Hiyori.

Sanji ain't got nothing on Zoro. Zoro is superior to Sanji in every way - better at getting chicks and a better fighter overall. LOL Sanji.

Btw before anyone accuses me of being a Zoro fan, I am a Luffy fan first and foremost before but boy Zoro runs him a close second.

As for the rest of the chapter, at least we finally get the reason why Hawkins decided to join Kaidou.

Though I am not sure why he let Law go, very risky move on his part. If Kaidou ever finds out about what Hawkins did, I assume most naturally that Kaidou will want his head cuz of Hawkins betrayal.

I honestly wasn't expecting an alliance between Big Mum and Kaidou, oh boy Luffy's task of trying to take Kaidou came hella lot harder due to these events.

Before this chapter I would say that Luffy would have a 1 in a 10000 chance of taking down Kaidou, now after the events of this chapter I can easily say it's a 1 in 1,000000 chance now.
  • Raiden and denimdragon like this

#3 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:34 AM

Though I am not sure why he let Law go, very risky move on his part. If Kaidou ever finds out about what Hawkins did, I assume most naturally that Kaidou will want his head cuz of Hawkins betrayal.

Hawkins didn't let Law go. When Law was leaving the cage a silhouette could be seen, the one Law basically told "I dont know why you're doing this" or whatever. That person ks implied to have helped Law leave. So this heavily implies X-Drake being that person. But due to it being way too obvious after the previous chapter's "Drake acting weird"-thing, I would bet on Oda throwing us a curveball and him being someone else.
  • Raiden and Tale like this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#4 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:00 AM

Hawkins didn't let Law go. When Law was leaving the cage a silhouette could be seen, the one Law basically told "I dont know why you're doing this" or whatever. That person ks implied to have helped Law leave. So this heavily implies X-Drake being that person. But due to it being way too obvious after the previous chapter's "Drake acting weird"-thing, I would bet on Oda throwing us a curveball and him being someone else.

While Hawkins didn't release him like you said, he could still have to chosen to raise the alam and get Law recaptured again by Kaidou's people but he choose not to for whatever mysterious reason he has.

So yeah, technically Hawkins did let Law go so to speak.

#5 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:01 AM

The reverie is still going on?

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#6 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:15 AM

The reverie is still going on?

Its most likely over.

Curse Oda's lazy ass hide for off panelling most of this. It really needed to be shown.

Instead of wasting chapters, pages and panels on like useless uninteresting fodder like the Wano samurai or worthless side characters like Yasuie that nobody gives a shit about. Meh.

#7 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,588 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:57 AM

The Reverie is over. There are only five days left for the attack on Ogashima, and the Reverie was only a seven day meeting which started at beginning of the arc. It's been over for a few days.

#8 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 30 August 2019 - 04:40 AM

The Reverie is over. There are only five days left for the attack on Ogashima, and the Reverie was only a seven day meeting which started at beginning of the arc. It's been over for a few days.

THe coverpage says something different.

Also what going on with Zoros right cheek I noticed a few times that he has a Mihawk like line one his cheek.

Edited by Enbima, 30 August 2019 - 04:44 AM.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#9 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 04:40 AM

Freaking love this chapter.

More suspense on who helped law escape.

Was drake helping law?

Did Law kill hawkings?

Love the meeting of between 7 of the 9 RS and 5 of the SH. that panel made my day.

Luffy training makes all the sense. I just hope chopper is doing something productive like training or making antidotes for queen poisons.

Franky is the man cause he will make sure the ships are working just fine.

Love of well structured kin made things and how the pieces are coming together.

I'm just a bit annoyed with no one from the heart pirates attending the strategy meeting.

This new beast pirates numbers might be the same as BM fighters. Just members that are mostly active outside the territory.

They better  be relatively strong and part of some theme of card games. 

Something like 2 to 10 and then at the top you have jack, queen and king. 

Sometimes it feels like Oda is dragging and other times it feels like he's rushing.

I'm not sure if I like it or not. This is all because of zoro and sanji. I feel like they have some unfinished talk/

BM and kaido alliance makes all the sense but she wanted that alliance and he didn't. He's looking like a fool in my eyes. He's compromising and she isn't.

With the yonko alliance I don't see the RS-SH alliance winning at all. 

The RS-SH need more supernovas like law, drake and kid and if possible the SH fleet 

• Scorpion2k4u and denimdragon like this

#10 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 August 2019 - 04:42 AM

I dont really get the timeline. First it is 7 days where Zoro is at then he magically is at amigasa village (how long does it take to get from ringo to amigasa?),which how many days till the festival fom  where zoro is at is it now? Luffy being 2 days ahead or not?

Rest of chapter was real good, even though i still dont like how easily Zoro gave up the sword. Then again this might be forshadowing Nidai Kitetsu. I really dont see Zoro using a long sword, such as Odens 2. Would look strange. With Zoro now being with Hitetsu he might get to know more about the Kitetsu series and that is interesting.

Numbers now? Man currently the SHs r so freaking outnumbered and outpowered. Oda made the big mistake of ONLY focussing Luffy during TS, the others had no chance to empower themselfs anywhere near as he had, thus, since Kaidou oneshotted an already bettered Luffy, i dont see how the SHs can even remotely hope to have any chance of beating the yonkou alliance now. All of them will get oneshotted, thus easily dealt with, how r they supposed to do anything? Oda really needs to stop going to Udon and waste so much time, he needs to let Chopper,Usoop well everyone else get power boosts even including Luffy, although the others need it even  more desperately then him.

King and Denjiro are still mysteries to me.

Apoo relavation was nicely done. I wonder whether Hawkins will ally with the SHs now, he seems not to be a supporter of Kaidous at all. Really like his fruit and so far he was shown weaker then i hoped him  to be but still surprised me in a good way. 

Apoo+crew vs Sanji+Brook incoming (i would really love this matchup, Brook might learn so much vs Apoo, and since Apoo seems to be quite adept at CoA Sanji will as well).

Who do u think let LAw free? Drake seems too obvious,then again the cape does fit, although the feet /boots seem a bit off.

#11 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 04:42 AM

It might be the aftermatch of the reverie.
look at the timeline, its been 4 days since the reverie.
and don't forget that the coverpage might have happen a week ago while the reverie was taking place

Edited by Abaroxa, 30 August 2019 - 04:44 AM.

• Enbima likes this

#12 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,588 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 30 August 2019 - 05:14 AM

Cover page stories don't necessarily take place at the same time as current events. I remember that a long time ago someone (probably zetruz) pointed this out to me but I forgot what the point actually consisted of.  :lol:

• Raiden, Enbima, Abaroxa and 1 other like this

#13 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 07:15 AM

Decent chapter, lots of information and hype building before the final clash.

But as per usual, I doubt Oda will deliver seeing as since the timeskip every final showdown has been a major letdown so far.

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#14 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Location, Location, Location

Posted 30 August 2019 - 07:39 AM

Keep in mind that 4 days into Reverie, Blackbeard mentioned that a battle broke out. Just because the meeting was set for 7 days, doesn't mean that the events happening there finished 3 days later. Not like the revoluntionaries were on the same schedule. Bege's cover storie basically states that it's not possible to use the Redline passage because of ghe events at Reverie. This means like people likely can't leave as well. There's a good chance that the world leaders are still there in hiding because of the fighting. Also, pirates can just freely travel through Mariejos? You'd think the WG would just capture them up there. I recall Franky being told that using that route meant abaondoning the ship so maybe Bege has another ship on the other side and pirates just sneak through.

On an unrelated note, wanted to point out that the shadow letting Law leave might be another point in favor of the anime opening spoiling the manga theory. A certain bad guy is likely a good guy undercover.

Also, for people who keep saying that Carrot is definitly the next nakama, not saying she isn't but she's not there at that meeting with all the other Strawhats even though the Mink leader is. You'd think if Oda really felt like she was promised to join he'd have her as an important member of this meeting.

Edit: Oh yeah, some people are pointing out that the Numbers are the creatures that Lola saw at the end of Thriller Bark.

Edited by Nintendocat, 30 August 2019 - 08:06 AM.

#15 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,723 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:35 AM

Please not another filler chapter....

Yep that's what I thought. Hey morons. TB is....somehow... in the nw.

Wait dont Japanese dragons not have wings? Ya they dont, like I said a few days ago Japanese dragons are goofy looking snakes with corgi legs. So giving them wings would actually improve them.... ok mayne not. They just look stupid all around.

Dual long blades? So are the swords....long katana.... nagahsi? Idk what it is called.

Zoro is delusional but you are a Fishman who thinks he is a kappa and was unable to feed yourself without stealing and getting caltured.... holy shit I hate the fishman.

Wow.... why do I hate all Fishman? Arlong and Hodi are both weak and think they are stronger then they actually are... and are racist.. Jimbe is boring as hell, this guy is a loser....hack is also a loser. Qhy cant oda make a single good Fishman character?
Oh I guess i dont hate jack yet. Although it was really pathetic he got wounded as easily as he did.

"Tell me what happened with you and kidd's alliance"
Hey wait before Hawkins answers that question! Law, why the fuck do you care? Seriously guys has oda forgotten how story telling works?
As a fan I wanted to know what happened between Hawkins and kid, but this just isnt natural.... hell it would of made more sense if luffy asked kid in prison.
Luffy "hey why are you in prison"
Kid "apoo betrayed me"
That makes 100% more sense then law just randomly asking about an alliance that never even got off the ground... or kid meeting Hawkins and getting a 2 panel flash back or yelling at apoo or something anything. This was just bullshit....

Guys for real, what is going on with this horrible writing? I can only assume that next scene will be kiadou asking bm what shanks told to the elder stars....

Oh I wonder who that could be. "Letting me escape" as opposed to "helping me escape" means it is someone on kiadou's crew. The only problem is the losers on kiadou's crew would be a horrible reveal and the big shots.... well law would never trust them.
Apoo "haha it was me who let law escape"
Me "I dont care about you.... worst reveal ever..."
King "haha it was me who let law escape!"
Me "no it damn well wasnt. Kiadou's number two betrays him and law is so casual about it?"

Honestly it would of been cool if law just said "thanks for the help.... not sure I understand your plan though" then we could speculate it was someone unconnected to kiadou.... you know... someone actually worth seeing.

Also. Oda.... haven't we had this talk? You arent fooling anyone with that "slash" no one thinks Hawkins is dead....

Those guys are impressed by luffy punching through steelmaking? Oh no.... they csnt cut steel... they are weaker then alabasta zoro... oh no...

Oh.... does usopp not suck as a carpenter anymore?

Pointed out? Should I make a joke they are not observant enough to notice two lines on a snake? Idk maybe nami ment once people got the new notes.

Personally I think these notes are the dumbest things in the world. Why is it so hard to just use word of mouth? Why do we need freaking pictures?
Usopp "hey look a guy with the correct tattoo"
Guy "ya so what?"
Usopp "there will be a ramen sale at port habu in 5 days"
Guy "I dont eat ramen... oh... a coded message, very simple, could you imagine if we did something retarded like passing around little pictures that the enemy could find and figure out?"

Oh also... of course the prisoners are still in jail... the death bed confession of crimes by a man famous for hating orochi and loving his men... does not absolve his men of their crimes....

Yes it is a sudden revelation... also thanks for the map...

Oh this is awekward... doesnt sound like kiadou wants apoo there...

Oh no all of kiadou's men are a joke.... quickly invent a new division of his crew that we havent seen or heard about before!!!!!!!!

Oh darn this is what the marines didnt want to happen.... I wonder how stupid kizaru will feel that the samurai, the people who stopped him from going to intercept bm, are actually a weak group of losers who are lead by spandam 2.0 (now with even less competence!)

Oh also. Should someone tell bm her crew hasnt been found yet? Is her crew alive somewhere? Or are the bm pirates now down to the people who didnt come to wano with bm? Why did kiadou just make an alliance with someone who could have a crew of 2 people?

Also. The cover story said Revire is still going on, then we had a 3 day time skip in this chapter. So.... it isnt still going on right?

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#16 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Location, Location, Location

Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:06 AM

Like I said, Reverie likely got interrupted by the battle with the revolutionaries. We really should stop using the original time frame for it. There's no way the royals are sticking to the strict 7-day timeframe when there's combat going on. Likely they're in hiding or have escaped. So stuff is still happening at Reverie, just not the original meeting.

Edited by Nintendocat, 30 August 2019 - 10:11 AM.

• Oben, Enbima and Chillman like this

#17 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:17 AM

I think that it could be someone from CP0 that released  Law, it is not Wano character.

#18 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:19 AM

Yep that's what I thought. Hey morons. TB is....somehow... in the nw.

Umh if it were in the NW Bege won't need to cross the red line ^^

Wow.... why do I hate all Fishman? Arlong and Hodi are both weak and think they are stronger then they actually are... and are racist.. Jimbe is boring as hell, this guy is a loser....hack is also a loser. Qhy cant oda make a single good Fishman character?

Hm I dunno. I like Kawamatsu (the Kappa) also Fisher Tiger is pretty cool. But yeah most Fishman are kinda lame.

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#19 Oben

Oben

♪~

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,098 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:34 AM

Finally some Apoo <3 Also looks like Drake betrayed Kaidou already, not that it was unlikely, but it's happening really early into the arc.

Pretty good chapter with the reveal at the end. The Numbers look cool, and if there's 9 of them, which is kinda implied with the card-game theme and the probable absence of an Ace, then they can make a nice matchup for the 9 red warriors.

For Big Mom and Kaidou, the implications are huge of course, but BM's crew is nowhere near its full might on Wano, so it probably boils down to her, Perospero and Smoothie in the bigger picture. Which is still a lot for the SHs to deal with, but it could be worse (for now). It's also one of the Marines' worst nightmares, so it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to intervene in some way after all. Some Garp action would be cool, given his connection to Rocks ^^

Jack clocks in pretty high, doesn't he.

• Raiden likes this

#20 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:58 PM

Umh if it were in the NW Bege won't need to cross the red line ^^

Hm I dunno. I like Kawamatsu (the Kappa) also Fisher Tiger is pretty cool. But yeah most Fishman are kinda lame.

While I like Kawamatsu in general - I love his design.

I dislike him this chapter.

I hated that he badmouthed Zoro this chapter, imo he was being disrespectful and even insulting towards Zoro while Kawamatsu barely knows the guy.
  • Raiden likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users