Godpachi

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationFangirlin' anywhere & everywhere

User's Awards

Posted 30 August 2019 - 04:57 AM

I was sad My Villain Academia ended, but then I was given the hilarious nonsense that is Kacchan and Shoto, so everything is well in the world. :aww:
  • Fenrix and Chillman like this

RIP Satan

1HIflq7.png

Currently At War With Insane Soul

#3 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:20 AM

Ok, I need a special chapter of just Shoto and Bakugo going back and forth because that interview was hilarious  :lol:

I'm happy that we start off with a lighthearted chapter as we ease back to the heroes. And it's great to see that it will take some time for Deku to master his new quirks so we don't have to worry about insta powerups making Deku too OP, not that I was worried in the first place. 

We're having the second round of internships coming up so I do look forward to that.

• Raiden and Godpachi like this

#4 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:46 AM

God dammit Baka-go, you make it so hard to try to like you. If someone tries to like you (in series), don't assault them -.- reminds me of this

So Deku is slowly but steadily getting access to new quirks, nice

Edited by Jekkusormi, 31 August 2019 - 03:47 AM.

• Raiden likes this

17.jpg

#5 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:53 PM

God dammit Baka-go, you make it so hard to try to like you. If someone tries to like you (in series), don't assault them -.- reminds me of this

So Deku is slovwly but steadily getting access to new quirks, nice

Fail opinion, Bakugou is easily likeable.

He is one of the best characters from this series by a mile imo, alongside All Might and Eraserhead to me.

You're just being a Kacchan hater as per usual.

Back to the chapter, Bakugou's interactions with Shoto to me where the highlight of this chapter.

I am interested to see which heroes, class 1A will do internships with.
  • Godpachi likes this

#6 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • LocationA really dark Pit...

Posted 30 August 2019 - 05:08 PM

Fail opinion, Bakugou is easily likeable.

Eh no he is not. His Bullying past is already hard to forgive but his over all aggressiveness is annoying at best and plain stupid at worst.

• Kaidou, Jekkusormi, KUROkami and 1 other like this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#7 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 06:33 AM

Eh no he is not. His Bullying past is already hard to forgive but his over all aggressiveness is annoying at best and plain stupid at worst.

Why? Its not as though Deku suffered long term physical and emotional issues from Bakugou's bullying during middle school

Unlike what Endeavour did to Shoto which imo is more unforgivable. Due to the long term emotional, physical and mental scars has gotten from his dad.

Personality wise I would say that Bakugou is more like the Vegeta and Kaiba type of character mold.

You know, the arrogant, cocky and lone wolf type of guy who only care about a few people.

In Seto's case mainly Mokuba and possibly Isis, whereas Vegeta really only cares about Bulma and Trunks tbh.

These characters are arguably more popular than the mc of thier respective series, that most fans - including me - found them to be cool.

Yeah, I will admit I liked both Vegeta and Kaiba a hella lot more than either Goku and Yugi when I was watching both DBZ and Yugioh in my younger days.

As for this series, while I Deku - he is fine a mc. I just like Bakugou more cuz of his badassness and cool factor, ya know the whole Vegeta and Kaiba like vibes that I get from him that I just described.
  • Tokoya, Godpachi and Chillman like this

#8 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:30 PM

Personality wise I would say that Bakugou is more like the Vegeta and Kaiba type of character mold.

You know, the arrogant, cocky and lone wolf type of guy who only care about a few people.

Idk, hate these types of characters when written incorrectly. Vegeta and Kaiba were also major assholes who were angry for no real reason besides that the main MC was surpassing them in power making them not the most powerful anymore. Essentially jealousy or some sort of inferior/superior complex.

That sht ain't cute  :shrug:

• Raiden likes this

#9 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 11:53 PM

Idk, hate these types of characters when written incorrectly. Vegeta and Kaiba were also major assholes who were angry for no real reason besides that the main MC was surpassing them in power making them not the most powerful anymore. Essentially jealousy or some sort of inferior/superior complex.

That sht ain't cute :shrug:

Fair enough point, but I also must point out to you that eventually both Vegeta and Kaiba did eventually gain some type of grudging respect for both Goku and Yugi.

Same is true for Bakugou, despite his inferiority/superiority or jealousy complex thing for Deku.

After the Deku/Bakugou rematch, Bakugou does have some sorta respect for Deku after he found that Deku was All Might's successor.

Remember he did give Deku some advice to improve his Shoot Style, back in chapter 121:

https://www.mangapan...-academia/121/8
https://www.mangapan...-academia/121/9
  • Godpachi and Chillman like this

#10 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,334 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:10 PM

People still hating on BakuGOAT in 2019  :meh:

• Godpachi likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#11 Fenrix

Fenrix

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:03 PM

Fair enough point, but I also must point out to you that eventually both Vegeta and Kaiba did eventually gain some type of grudging respect for both Goku and Yugi.

Same is true for Bakugou, despite his inferiority/superiority or jealousy complex thing for Deku.

After the Deku/Bakugou rematch, Bakugou does have some sorta respect for Deku after he found that Deku was All Might's successor.

Remember he did give Deku some advice to improve his Shoot Style, back in chapter 121:

https://www.mangapan...-academia/121/8
https://www.mangapan...-academia/121/9

True that Bakugo got marginally better after their rematch, but dude spent too long being an arse for his rep to be repaired just by these little acts of decency.

I'll give him time to redeem himself as he receives character development but for now, still don't like him much although I acknowledge his strength and power. 

• Raiden and Jekkusormi like this

#12 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,686 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:51 PM

Why? Its not as though Deku suffered long term physical and emotional issues from Bakugou's bullying during middle school

I think this line of reasoning is flawed. You're stating that intent does not matter so much as outcome. That is, if you shoot someone and miss you are morally superior to someone who shot someone and hit. That does not make sense to me.

Bakugou is a child, however, and still has time to mature. But until he properly acknowledges his behaviour and offers reparations to Deku, I'm not sure he'll ever be likable.

• Raiden and Jekkusormi like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users