#2 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:33 AM

I love this chapter, it was refreshing and fresh up the character. I give these chapter a five out of five. I anticipated about the feud between Kaido and Luffy.
  • Raiden and trafalgarlawisop like this

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#3 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:41 AM

Great chapter.
I guess the scabbards are getting destroyed. Hiyori gets catched.
I wonder who dies...

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#4 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:50 AM

I love this chapter, it was refreshing and fresh up the character. I give these chapter a five out of five. I anticipated about the feud between Kaido and Luffy.

It's no wonder Luffy has a grudge against Kaidou - the guy tried to kill his crew, personally one shotted Luffy and derided his dream of becoming Pirate King not to mention his men tried to kidnap Tama. No surprise that Luffy hates the guy after all these things.

Solid chapter, the parts about Zoro and his new sword was interesting and seeing his new blade effected him.

The rest of the chapter, I wasn't so keen about especially all the focus on all these samurai fodder guys. They are mostly uninteresting to me tbh.

Anyways if Oda is following the typical Japanese Kabuki play formula, it looks like someone may die tragically in act 3 most probably.

#5 darthfury78

darthfury78

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:29 AM

Anyways if Oda is following the typical Japanese Kabuki play formula, it looks like someone may die tragically in act 3 most probably.

Most likely will be Hiyori.

Source: One Piece Wiki

• The name Hiyori means "weather".
  • The name Komurasaki translates to "small purple" and is the Japanese name for the purple beautyberry.
    • It may also be derived from Miura-ya Komurasaki, a real life Oiran from the Edo period with a tragic love story that is immortalized in Kitagawa Utamaro's painting The Lovers Miura-ya Komurasaki and Shirai Gonpachi. In that story, Shirai Gonpachi also committed crimes to buy her freedom. But the Komurasaki of the story truly loved him and committed suicide when his actions resulted in his death.
  • An oiran is a high-ranking courtesan in Japan, whose occupation arose in the Edo period and was largely replaced by geisha by the late 19th century.
  • Hiyori has appeared at the beginning and closing of the Wano Country Arc acts, playing the shamisen.

#6 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,544 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:02 AM

I'm sad that he actually left Shusui. But we need that Nidai Kitetsu on Zoro's hands, the mask dude is gonna die

• Enbima likes this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#7 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  • Location, Location, Location

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:29 AM

As I said in spoiler chat, I hope we pull away from Wano for a chapter like we did after act 1. Get a little more info on world events.

#8 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:58 AM

I'm sad that he actually left Shusui. But we need that Nidai Kitetsu on Zoro's hands, the mask dude is gonna die

What makes you think that blacksmith guy is gonna die?

#9 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:17 AM

As I said in spoiler chat, I hope we pull away from Wano for a chapter like we did after act 1. Get a little more info on world events.

I hope not! We are one chapter away from war. I dont mind oda skipping it.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#10 dbgetblack

dbgetblack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:25 AM

official zoro fangasm chapter ? tsh tsh .

#11 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:32 AM

I'm sad that he actually left Shusui. But we need that Nidai Kitetsu on Zoro's hands

I was also sad last week. Shusui is a awesome sword and is lvl 2 grade sword. unfortunately it seems to be at the limit of its capabilities. Wado Ichimonji  and enma are still regular swords (not black) that can be leveled up to make zoro even stronger.

When Tenguyama Hitetsu started talking about sandai kitetsu i imeddiatly thought he was going to offer zoro the Nidai. I was wrong :cry:

Get a little more info on world events

If I'm not wrong then it should have been 8 days since the reverie has terminated.  :o

F*ck Shinobu!

Edited by Abaroxa, 12 September 2019 - 08:31 AM.

#12 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:19 AM

Once again, a war broke out at Reverie. The original time limit of 7 days is out the window in that case. It's not like Sabo will just pack up and leave when Reverie ends.

#13 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:45 AM

Most likely will be Hiyori.

Zoro should be dying.

#14 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,763 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:08 AM

Ok let's do this..... before we start.... bold move naming your god of hell 1 A away from enama... there are alot of jokes to be made if this chapter is as shitty as the fox one. (Yes... I 100% believe the buddha god of hell is predated by the medical technic...try me...) also wow who knew the Buddhists believe in hell.

It is forbidden to rouse emotions before war? Ok....

Idk zoro have we seen anything to prove she isnt a weak cry baby? She has cried a few times right?
Oh wait.... zoro actually made this arc's princess/sex symbol over the age of 16?!?! We actually have an adult? He did it!!!!!! Finally oda stopped being a pedo! Wahoo. Now let's just go back in time and make rebecca older or give her more conservative clothing...

I am a blade smith in a country where weapons are banned..... yes it is hard to put food on the tabel...
I can relate. I was once a taxi driver in a city where cars were banned. And for 20 years I didnt change my job title or profession. I still introduce myself as "captain kidd the taxi driver" even though that hasnt been legal for 20 years.

Cut even the skies? No dude shanks and wb already did that. Wasnt too impressive then. The skies typically arent that harmful to people. And I hope by "cut the skies" you actually dont mean cut the ozone layer. Because we are just starting to finally get some ozone back, we dont need ass holes putting more holes in it.

Just great? Not supreme? Ok....fine... just fine.

Do those blades have square handles? That doesnt seem right. But what do I know? I personally think zoro sitting like that isnt right either...

"This is an amazing powerful blade, but it is hard to get used to"
Zoro "wow this is hard to get used to. But that's ok I will take it"
"Wowwwwwwww so amazing and powerful and manly and the perfect character! Zoro is so great!!!!!"
Dude...... he did what literally every other person in that situation would do...

Maybe because momo is a little bitch and didnt want to even touch his sword... I see why it would be surprising zoro would have a normal reaction.

Also can we back up a page and admire Oda's inconsistent sizing. For a second I thought the blade dehydrated zoro's arm like crocodile did to luffy's. Then I noticed "no... pda just forgot to draw zoro's arm normal sized"

Also.... was anyone begging for a g2 effect on zoro's blades? I wasnt.

Also correct me if you have some theory. But dont all zoro's powerups seem like total bull shit?
-Cutting steel was ok.
-flying slash, not only does this exist, but I knew the basic idea behind it this whole manga, now for the first time ever I will try it!!!!!
-demon spirits!!!! Dont worry you will only ever see these like 1 more time
-fire! No wait I dont ever want to do that again. New sword that is a power up!!! Oh did I say it is the swordsman not the sword? What I ment to say was "get better swords losers!!!"
-new sword that takes my haki out of my body

Freaking none of those make any sense. Except cutting steel. Finally we have a power up for zoro that isnt just some swordsmanship secret that he never felt like using before, and it is stupid as all hell.

East blue arc-
Zoro "wow a ship just for us? Awesome! I am going to go train"
Luffy "cool! I dont do that. But what will you do? Are you going to practice flying slashes? Or cutting through steel? Or cutting in fire?"
Zoro "no I am going to lift weights"
Luffy "um.... ok... do you want to find someone who can teach you all those cool things?"
Zoro "oh I know how to do all those things... I just dont want to.....I want to go lift weights...."
Luffy "that doesnt seem like the best use of your...."
Zoro "listen, if I need those technics I will just learn them mid battle ok?!"

I hate how little effort goes into explaining power ups...

Ok and on to another thing I hate. I hate how bad oda is at cerebral plots. Any plot what so ever that requires creativity pda sucks at.
You know his best early arc? They were all great. Why? Because alabasta skypiea and EL all where simple. Every one of those arc was a "go here, defeat this guy" kind of arc.
Then when oda wanted to try his hand at complex plots....well.... we got the mess that was law's "plan" and WCI arc.....
Hey, there are some things oda is good at like world building, hype, and long term frame work(NOT long term planning). And there is stuff oda sucks at, like making a coherent plot other then "let's go punch the enemy"

So I say all that because one of the 3rd or 4th stupidest things in OP was yasu giving his life to try and trick orochi into thinking the picture was "a prank". No one would freaking believe that. I want to thank oda for having the good sense to let orochi keep the people in prison because if he let them out I would of been furious. (Although it is still pretty bad franky is building a fleet under orochi's nose)

Here this is how you make yasu give his life-
1 to 5 people are in prison. The guards are taunting them and torturing them. One looks up from his bloody mess and says with a cold glare "ok fine. We are all ready to talk"
There is a coldness among the rest of the prisoners, they look down and away as if to say they agree but they are ashamed.

Almost the very next second an angry mob approaches the doors of the prison. At the head of this mob is yasu.
A prison guard says "something is not right" the prisoner covered in blood responds "no. This makes perfect sense, here is the answer you were looking for, right on time"
The mob gets closer and it is clear yasu is bloody and in chains being marched forward by the mob.
The leader of the mob yells at the prison guards "here he is, this is the traitor passing out fliers"
The members of the mob throw their fliers angrily at yasu in disgust. The leader yells again, this time directly at yasu "get over yourself old man, your time has come and gone, wano will never go back to how it was before. This is the new status quo, we belong to kiadou now"

So what happens next is up to someone with better taste then me. I personally say a member of the mob should shoot yasu. But if that is in bad taste orochi can arrive and imiditally execute yasu himself.

As yasu dies there is a flashback of yasu explaining the plan to the mob and ordering them to not cry or show pity at all or else the plan wouldnt work.

There. Much better. Now yasu isnt some idiot who clearly turned himself in in order to cover for his friends. Now in all reasonable observer's eyes he is a failed revolutionary who was trying to use the myth of the red sccabards to start a revolution, but his people had been under kiadou's thumb too long to follow him anymore. The only obvious question is why didnt they turn him in sooner and that can be explained by saying he was hard to catch.

I am really hating this "closed off country" bull shit. Hawkins apoo and drake where not there 2 years ago you morons. Clearly pirates are coming and going.... not to mention luffy and law...

One leading figure... I almost didnt see him how small he is. Also I still think this is a new level of dumb having a 10 year old kid lead you into anything....
Listen. I try my hardest to see both sides of an issue. But how the hell is there any other side to this issue?
Side 1- we SHOULDN'T overthrow kiadou and reinstate a 10 year old kid as our leader.
Side 2- ???

Hey mr poet, the sun doesnt burn shadows into the ground. Not how sunlight works.

"I created that sword" "really" zoro... what have we learned form the wano arc? Literally everything in OP came from wano. We are 2 acts removed from finding out DF come from wano. It is legitimately shocking that VP isnt from wano. In fact I have a theory that orochi only wants VP so he can laugh at how VP's IQ is actually 200 points below the average wano citizen.

See?!?! Freaking see yasu?! This is why I said his plan is stupid. They will just discover the changed location....or... idk maybe they will notice a fleet being built put of no where...

Wowowowowowow!!!!! Did you guys see luffy's new haki?! Either trees from wano are stronger then steel or this new haki is actually worse then east blue level luffy.
This is just.... such a stupid thing....I cant believe looking back at all the talk of "her skin is an iron balloon" that THIS is the solution oda was building to.... I kinda assumed it was more then just her skin that was tough... here let me explain-

Oda. If your skin is made of iron, you are still weak to nearly all attacks a normal human is. You see: armor works by dispersing the impact across a larger surface area to reduce the attacks impact. More force concentrated on a smaller surface area = bigger impact. This is why a baseball bat and a sword can be swung with the same force and one can cut someone's head off and the other causes a mild concussion (oh we will get back to that dont you worry) because the surface area of the blade is alot smaller then the surface area of the bat. So what armor does is disperse the small surface area of a blade or bullet, among the larger surface area of the armor. The damage of the attack doesnt go away, far from it, the damage from the attack is spread out across the entire armor. (Obvioulsy not evenly)
So what does that all mean? It means if your skin is an impenetrable iron shell (you will die because you cant sweat) you will still take massive internal damage from attacks, you will just not get cut as easily....
And if you dont believe me then.... well look at the NFL and concussions. Even though the brain is covered by a hard plastic shell (and bone) a hit ti the head still causes the brain to bounce around inside its "armor" thus injuring the person even though they are wearing armor. Oh and I guess another example would be car crashes. Even though a car can be seen as a massive metal mech suit.... getting into a car accident still will kill you...

So I guess all that is for me to say... what the hell oda? When you said bm is an iron balloon i thought you ment "she is one tough sob" and i was fine with that. (Except for the part where iron is as tough as paper in OP) but you mean to tell me she is actually an iron balloon with normal human organs inside her?

Now to be fair... I guess there is no other way for luffy to power up and beat kiadou/bm without a time skip. Because if I had my way and they were just tough guys... well the only answer is for luffy to get stronger. I guess luffy could pull a golden friza "lol I never actually lifted weights bro, if I actually train I will grow super strong in like a day" (i never actually watched that movie idk if that is how it went down)

Or luffy could use sea stone tipped knuckle dusters... but that would feel really cheep because then luffy can't, on his own, fight an emperor.
Hey.....speaking of brass knuckles.... why the hell doesnt luffy always wear brass knuckles? The main drawback from brass knuckles is they hurt the user and may break his fingers....since they are metal. But luffy being rubber would have no draw backs at all. And instead of hitting his enemies with a flabby rubber fist he is hitting his enemies with steel. Or luffy can be like BB and wear a bunch of rings and hit enemies with diamonds (which would break, you are not supposed to hit hard things with diamonds)
I know the main reason is because luffy uses g3/4 and the knuckles would get in the way of him trying to inflate.

Oh also they are not that cool. As far as weapons go they are almost as lame as nunchucks. But there might be a SLIGHT coolness factor because of they fact they make so much sense on a rubber man.
Also... I guess if oda gave luffy them at this point in the story he would have to admit luffy's fist was weaker then it should be the entire story.
  • durra072 likes this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#15 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:18 AM

Once again, a war broke out at Reverie. The original time limit of 7 days is out the window in that case. It's not like Sabo will just pack up and leave when Reverie ends.

According to BB sabo and the revs confronted the admirals on the 4th day.
We don't know if they lost or won but the odds are that sabo abd the revs fled and the admirals continued protecting the reverie.
Also note how BB said it happened on the 4th day. He didn't say last day nor did he say it caused the reverie to stop.

#16 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,126 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 12 September 2019 - 12:39 PM

By the way. Ussops lie became true again. Zoro wound healed 100%

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#17 durra072

durra072

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:53 PM

What an absolute shit stain of a chapter this was.

The convenience of everything getting handed to the right characters, the absurd amount of training time they get in the middle of enemy territory. This is lazy writing and the also, the lacking numbers are so obviously getting turned into their favour that it brings absolutely no hype what so ever.

I'm just waiting for the mother of all asspulls to come around to see how they'll fare against not 1 but 2 Yonkou's.

-10/10

People to never take seriously:

Spoiler

#18 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:58 PM

According to BB sabo and the revs confronted the admirals on the 4th day.
We don't know if they lost or won but the odds are that sabo abd the revs fled and the admirals continued protecting the reverie.
Also note how BB said it happened on the 4th day. He didn't say last day nor did he say it caused the reverie to stop.

Looking at Bege's cover story, Reverie is still in the middle of a battle or at the very least is in a state where traveling through it is impossible. There's a high chance that they had to cancel or delay the meeting while the fighting was going on and could possibly still be hidden away for their safety while the everyone is fighting. Even if they somehow did still strictly follow the 7-day schedule, there would still be room to see what the aftermath of the meeting and the battle entails of.

Edited by Nintendocat, 12 September 2019 - 02:33 PM.

#19 dbgetblack

dbgetblack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:45 PM

so,the cat is out of the bag . 
the "black blade" thingy. as suspected black blade is something cladded with haki (Armor ) ,such as even after user detaches it /die it still stays black. 

also,there is a possible traitor in the allied force ?the way Orochi got the info,and so did Doflamingo. (or just CP0 doing their work great) 

and now one bet: the pirate ninja samurai alliance gonna get wiped out. lol its gonna be  devastating . Luffy WILL lose once more ,at the very least. 
(its probable that alliance does not know kaido joined up with Bm and orochi knows the plan) 

Edited by dbgetblack, 12 September 2019 - 03:03 PM.

#20 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:11 PM

Oda can always flashback in time to Reveries if its interesting.

Last time, it was something epic with BB Moria, and Mihawk being revealed possibly teasing future alliances between Warlords and Yonkus if the Schibukai system is effectively abolished.

I am expecting next chapter to be something as epic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users