Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#2 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 01:02 AM

Finally we got to see yonko's current bounties and past legends bounties...

How soon we're going to see ex-warlords bounties, like Mihawk?

#3 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 27 September 2019 - 01:30 AM

What shocked me the most is that roger and garp protected the celastial dragons and their slaves...wtf.
  • Raiden, Abaroxa and Red Opus like this

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#4 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 27 September 2019 - 01:39 AM

Guys guys I think Rocks just became my favorite character...!

This chapter was suuuuuper hyped. Im so interested in Rocks and his crew back then!

First off does this mean that crew from WB’s flashback that was making fun of his dream was the Rocks pirates?? Thats so cool!

Why did sengoku specifically point out that Kaido was jus a apprentice back then? He’s not that much younger then BM is he? I thought they would be on the same lvl

The other big names are some names we’ve heard before!
Obviously we know the Golden lion is shiki,
Captain John is that guy who’s treasure Buggy was looking for. I think we also saw him as a zombie on thriller bark. And the legend was that his crew mates killed him cause he didn’t want to share his treasure. Could that have been Kaido and BM?!? Thats so cool

The other two names sound vaguely familiar but I don’t think I remember a “Silver Axe” and I definitely don’t remember a “Ou Choku”. But im super interested in who they are and where they are!

All the big names came from this crew. I love that!

Why is Garp so ashamed to have worked with Roger? Oh he can raise his kid but they cant do a job together? get it together man

Glad to know Garp can’t stand the celestial dragons either. I always wondered about that actually

The bounties were awesome. They are about what I expected. I love it!

I like how Shanks crew were all specifically named, it makes them stand out even among all the yonkous crews No even the man who has never lost a fight Katakuri got a shout out.

Oden was on Whitebeards crew first? For some reason I dont like that. It makes him seem kind of fickle. Like he’ll join any crew that asks him

What shocked me the most is that roger and garp protected the celastial dragons and their slaves...wtf.

Garp was probably jus doing his job and Im sure Rocks just pissed Roger off on a personal lvl. I doubt it was actually about the slaves

Edited by PunkHazard, 27 September 2019 - 01:39 AM.

• Fallen Angel likes this

#5 Zeta42

Zeta42

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:01 AM

Dunno why people are so quick to judge, there's obviously more to this story.

• Chillman likes this

#6 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:41 AM

This was a great chapter, I loved all the info for the bounties for the current and former Yonkou's, not to mention Roger's bounty too.

Finally we get a good explanation of why Garp choose not to become an admiral which I personally liked.

One thing I don't get is what the hell happened to God Valley? How the hell does an entire island just suddenly vanish from the face of the earth? I mean wtf.

Anyways really good and enjoyable chapter overall.
  • Raiden and Red Opus like this

#7 Zeta42

Zeta42

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:45 AM

One thing I don't get is what the hell happened to God Valley? How the hell does an entire island just suddenly vanish from the face of the earth? I mean wtf.

The battle was so intense, it literally destroyed the island? Or maybe the CDs had it erased from official records?

I doubt it's the latter, or it wouldn't have come up in that conversation at all.

#8 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,323 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:58 AM

Loved that this chapter confirms not only that Garp was up there in strength but also that the cunt known as Akainu was truly gonna get the beating of his life
  • Raiden, Godpachi, capu and 3 others like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#9 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:59 AM

that was garps intention, rogers aim might have been completely different (#4rth red poneglyph, #lost one, #lost island for a reason, to cover up the importance of island,#why else would CDs even go elsewhere than MJ (although they genuinely do that from time to time...anywho..#ancient weapon to erase an entire island)).

Guys guys I think Rocks just became my favorite character...!
his silhouette looks menacing, thus amazing.

Captain John is that guy who’s treasure Buggy was looking for. I think we also saw him as a zombie on thriller bark. And the legend was that his crew mates killed him cause he didn’t want to share his treasure.
True. When i read the name Captain John i got hyped like hell.

The other two names sound vaguely familiar but I don’t think I remember a “Silver Axe” and I definitely don’t remember a “Ou Choku”. But im super interested in who they are and where they are!
Silver Axe rings no bell but according to jaiminisbox trans Ou Choku was a famed japanese (or was it asian?) pirate. Both sound like i wanna know more. I wonder whether BM and Kaidou did rise to yonkou position by taking out one of those 2 (as the only other real contenders to the position, as BB did Marco) and what happened to them? I mean did they die or  where they send to ID, and if so did they excape too during Luffys/BBs raid? 

Why is Garp so ashamed to have worked with Roger? Oh he can raise his kid but they cant do a job together? get it together man
I think that aint having anything to do with Roger but rather with  the CDs there, what was their purpose, which sins did they commit there? What does Garp keep secret about the incident and their presence there?

Garp was probably jus doing his job and Im sure Rocks just pissed Roger off on a personal lvl. I doubt it was actually about the slaves
Edited
yep sounds good to me.

Dunno why people are so quick to judge, there's obviously more to this story.

agreed.

• Raiden and PunkHazard like this

#10 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:15 AM

This chapter was suuuuuper hyped.

You know it will be hype chapter when you see Brannew.

True. When i read the name Captain John i got hyped like hell

His treasure just become something very imporatant. It had my curiosity now it has my attention

Captain John is that guy who’s treasure Buggy was looking for. I think we also saw him as a zombie on thriller bark. And the legend was that his crew mates killed him cause he didn’t want to share his treasure. Could that have been Kaido and BM?!? Thats so cool

This reenforces my point. Was he simply greedy or is his treasure very very relevant to the story.

I think that aint having anything to do with Roger but rather with  the CDs there, what was their purpose, which sins did they commit there? What does Garp keep secret about the incident and their presence there?

Maybe if rocks had succeeded that day, they would have been conquered the world.

Oden was on Whitebeards crew first? For some reason I dont like that. It makes him seem kind of fickle. Like he’ll join any crew that asks him

So now we know that 1 in 3 first mates will accept a recruitment offer from a enemy ship.
  • PunkHazard likes this

#11 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:17 AM

I TOLD Y'ALL THAT SHANKS WASN'T AN EMPEROR WHEN HE MET LUFFY IN EAST BLUE! 

• Raiden, Ajh77, Godpachi and 2 others like this

#12 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:48 AM

Here are some cool observations/assumptions regarding this chapter that I've read around:

- Ace's bounty mirrors his dad's: Gol D. Roger = 5.5 billion, Ace = 550 million

- At the end of the series Luffy will surpass Roger's bounty, by having 5.6 billion bounty -> 5 - 6 is read Go-mu in Japanese, like the DF

Most interesting stuff imo:

- Rocks pirates were founded on Beehive island, where Blackbeard's headquarters currently is

- Rocks original name is Rocks D. Xebec.

- Blackbeard's ship is called Saber of Xebec (confirmed in Vivre Card)

Too many connections there to be a coincidence, Blackbeard needs to have some sort of connection to Rocks. Some theories include

a) Blackbeard being Rocks' son (he took his mom's name instead to hide himself)

B) Rocks being the previous Yami-Yami fruit user

c) The Yami-Yami being responsible for having made the island disappear

d) The Yami-Yami being what the whole Rocks vs Roger/Garp fight was about

More theories are flowing around the internet so I'll try and post more here if I find any.

• Tokoya, Fulmine, Ajh77 and 8 others like this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#13 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 04:09 AM

A. Blackbeard being Rocks' son (he took his mom's name instead to hide himself)

B. Rocks being the previous Yami-Yami fruit user

C. The Yami-Yami being responsible for having made the island disappear

D. The Yami-Yami being what the whole Rocks vs Roger/Garp fight was about

I like point A. Something like what happened with Ace.

option B. might be the reason why BB joined WB crew. He knew WB was the one controlling those territories where God Valley used to exist.

option C. was my initial thought. This, an ancient weapon and the first and only successful buster call.

If it was option D. then Garp and other members of the marines would have mentioned it at MF battle/
  • PunkHazard likes this

#14 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 September 2019 - 04:14 AM

c) The Yami-Yami being responsible for having made the island disappear
Thats actually a nice idea. If so the previous yami yami no mi owner might truly have been captain Rocks himself or one of his trusted underlings. BB could not have been it, he only "recently" got it.

Gives even more reason to believe that this island is important in generel, for the CDs to be there in person must have a reason behind it. #4rthredponeglyph, #ancientweapon. I wonder why it is called God Valley, was it some sort of special CD island, like MJ? I mean the CDs view themselfs and r revered by others as gods, then there is an island named God Valley coincidence? I kind of doubt it.

#15 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,381 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 04:21 AM

So much for mihawk rivalling emperor shanks lmao and lol bounties of emperor are odd numbers as hell. Guess they are also products of exchanging past bounties after inflation like BB’s. And i like it that shanks’s crew is, as theorized, the most balanced with most famed members to compensate for his supposed young reign as emperor. The part about rocks is interesting but mostly expected although shiki and captain john, too?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#16 jiraya_san

jiraya_san

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationIberian Peninsula

Posted 27 September 2019 - 04:29 AM

So, if the Roger + Garp vs. Rocks batlle is going to repeat itself in the current manga timeline but with different characters, are we going to see something like Luffy + Toby vs. BB ??

Edited by jiraya_san, 27 September 2019 - 04:29 AM.

• Jekkusormi likes this

#17 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 04:44 AM

I like point A. Something like what happened with Ace.

This reminds me of another interesting (although In my opinion more unlikely) theory I read:

Shanks is Rocks' son (we haven't heard anything about his family name yet), and Roger took him in his crew because of that, while Whitebeard took Roger's son, Ace. In a similar way that Ace hated his father, Shanks disagrees with his dad's ideal, and thus wants to negotiate with the CD / is teamed up with them.

There's not much basis to it rather than the parallel with WB and Ace, but it's an interesting idea.

Another interesting detail:

-Beehive island, BB's headquarters and where Rocks was formed, is also the island were Davy Back Fight was invented.

Theories regarding that:

-Maybe that is how Rocks got so many strong pirates in his crew

-Maybe BB is also a fan of the fight and the final BB vs SH fight is an extreme Davy Back FIght

#18 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 27 September 2019 - 05:15 AM

So, if the Roger + Garp vs. Rocks batlle is going to repeat itself in the current manga timeline but with different characters, are we going to see something like Luffy + Toby vs. BB ??

That is where I can see it end up going, yeah.  

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#19 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 05:30 AM

Another theory related to this:

Blackbeard might be trying to reproduce ROCKS (island + boat name fixation as stated before), and thus his sentence in the previous chapter of "having to go get it/them before the marine does" might be referring to Sichibukai as people already suggested. This could add up to Buggy joining his crew (being the equivalent to Captain John in Rocks, owner of the famous treasure Buggy mentioned many times). 

• superfranky likes this

#20 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 27 September 2019 - 05:53 AM

- Blackbeard's ship is called Saber of Xebec (confirmed in Vivre Card)

This was the most interesting part of the chapter for me. If information about Rocks was suppressed, and Rocks was not generally known by his full name, then how come Blackbeard seems to know his full name? He has to have some connection with him.

• Madara D Dragon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users