Matt's repentance
Spoiler

#2 Zeta42

Zeta42

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:31 AM

Chapter starts with a flashback reiterating things we already knew: Oden was in Roger's crew, they loved him, his dream was to become shogun and open Wano's borders. And Oden is still a black silhouette. Blergh.

Then Act 3 begins, and Oda offpanels the event that ruined the good guys' plan.

I'm very dissatisfied.

Edited by Zeta42, 04 October 2019 - 01:31 AM.

• Kaidou, denimdragon, capu and 1 other like this

#3 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 04 October 2019 - 02:04 AM

This chapter was terrible.

Edited by Enbima, 04 October 2019 - 02:05 AM.

• Kaidou, denimdragon, capu and 1 other like this

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#4 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 02:28 AM

I liked the opening flashback part of the chapter, hey seeing Roger, Ray, Buggy and Shanks is always cool.

Disappointed seeing that Oden's silhouette is still being shaded out, but I am assuming that his future eventual reveal is gonna be massive.

The rest of the chapter was pretty meh tbh, I really couldn't careless Kinemon and all these all these other fodder Wano samurai.

I am not to sure how Wario, oops Orochi knew that Luffy was gonna be there at that port and most assumedly ambush Luffy and those 4000 guys he had with him.
  • trafalgarlawisop likes this

#5 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 02:59 AM

That damn egg in Roger's boat is one of the mysteries that puzzles me the most...
  • Red Opus likes this

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#6 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 04 October 2019 - 04:56 AM

I like seeing Roger but yeah that flashback was pretty pointless and the rest of the chapter was nothing either

That damn egg in Roger's boat is one of the mysteries that puzzles me the most...

have we seen it before now?

Edited by PunkHazard, 04 October 2019 - 04:57 AM.

#7 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 05:42 AM

Disappointed seeing that Oden's silhouette is still being shaded out, but I am assuming that his future eventual reveal is gonna be massive.

My theory is that Momo is Oden, and that is why we can not see grown up Oden.]

Edited by D.Hyuga, 04 October 2019 - 05:43 AM.

#8 Timppafin93

Timppafin93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 05:48 AM

have we seen it before now?

Egg has appeared before. I think earliest time when we saw that egg was when Roger was fighting Shiki? (OP Strong World Episode 0)

• Raiden, PunkHazard and Madara D Dragon like this

#9 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 07:27 AM

Oh great a flash back! Usually I hate flashbacks. This time is no exception. Fuck you for the flashbacks in a mid chapter break. These are supposed to be awesome how dare you.

Seriously oda screw toy for this stupid sub plot of "closed borders" you have done nothing to earn that sub plot. Outside pirates just come and go as they please.
Freaking franky.... a damn cyborg, and an obvious one at that, just shows up in wano and no one cares. In conclusion, wano is not an isolated country, go to hell.

Oh flashback over? Ok great... allow me to sum up the point of that flashback-
"Oden was on roger's ship"....no wait we knew that.
Oh it was "oden wanted to open wano's borders".... no wait we knew that also....
Ummmm... shit the only possible reason for that flashback has to be "buggy liked oden" ok.... thank you for that news?
In other words. What a waste of 3 pages.

"...surrounded by a large sea wall and maple trees"
*obvious maple leaves front and center of a double page spread
Orochi "let us toast to the maple trees"

Hey guys... did you know wano had maple trees?

With how hard oda just beat us over the head with these maple trees.... I am starting to think they are important... like only a maple stick can kill kiadou.... hahaha jk gid is probably some bs "I love japan" fan service.

Omg what a tease. Right when you think we are at the day of the fire festival boom, we need to see a flashback of last night... awesome...
  • Enbima and capu like this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#10 Scorpion2k4u

Scorpion2k4u

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,975 posts
  • Locationsurrounding you

Posted 04 October 2019 - 07:30 AM

I don't think that Luffy could have lost in a fight at this point without there beeing more then hints of a fight.

• denimdragon likes this

2mg5kyb.jpg

#11 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,745 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 07:31 AM

Also I guess we should stay tuned for next time where we find out that 90% of the ships just sailed away and the next chapter will end with them arriving at the port in front of kin and co.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#12 Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 07:56 AM

Apparently Yasuie died for nothing since Kinemon decided to proceed with this plan without figuring out who the traitor is which would only guarantee that the new plan would leaked the same way the old one was. Granted they don't have much time since they have to move out now if they want to take advantage of the minks in their Su Long forms but still they didn't even entertain the possibility of this happening. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

BTW is this the first confirmation that the night of the Onigashima raid takes place during a full moon? I always assumed that it would because it was foreshadowed since Zou that the minks would all use their Su Long forms in the fight against Wano but I don't remember it actually being mentioned before this chapter.

I get the feeling that Orochi killed Sukiyaki and framed Oden for it which lead to the events described chapter 920.

For the longest time there was a theory that Kaido was a dragon and hatched from the egg on Roger's ship. The first part ended up being technically correct but the latter never made sense to me mostly because I couldn't see Kaido being that young and now we know it's definitely not true since Kaido is old enough to have been a member of Rocks 40 years ago.

I honestly have no idea, it could one of those mysteries that Oda has no intention of addressing like the monsters in the Florian triangle or whatever is in that egg could waiting on Raftel when Luffy gets there. :shrug:

#13 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 08:18 AM

Apparently Yasuie died for nothing since Kinemon decided to proceed with this plan without figuring out who the traitor is which would only guarantee that the new plan would leaked the same way the old one was. Granted they don't have much time since they have to move out now if they want to take advantage of the minks in their Su Long forms but still they didn't even entertain the possibility of this happening. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

BTW is this the first confirmation that the night of the Onigashima raid takes place during a full moon? I always assumed that it would because it was foreshadowed since Zou that the minks would all use their Su Long forms in the fight against Wano but I don't remember it actually being mentioned before this chapter.

I get the feeling that Orochi killed Sukiyaki and framed Oden for it which lead to the events described chapter 920.

For the longest time there was a theory that Kaido was a dragon and hatched from the egg on Roger's ship. The first part ended up being technically correct but the latter never made sense to me mostly because I couldn't see Kaido being that young and now we know it's definitely not true since Kaido is old enough to have been a member of Rocks 40 years ago.

I honestly have no idea, it could one of those mysteries that Oda has no intention of addressing like the monsters in the Florian triangle or whatever is in that egg could waiting on Raftel when Luffy gets there. :shrug:

Idk the fact that he takes the time out to draw the egg every time he draws Rogers ships has to mean its important. This is the same man that forgets to draw Luffy’s scar or sanji’s facial hair sometimes.
  • denimdragon and Red Opus like this

#14 emirua

emirua

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:01 AM

I think the art in this chapter is great!

Also, by the simple implication of rayleigh, shanks and buggy trying to help Oden's cause, could this hint into them joining to help the retainers now?

And as expected, Oda hinted that Luffy was not going to arrive to the port as he never follows the plan.. but it's interesting that not even a single ship arrived.. shame that we will have to wait to know what the hell Orochi did now.

#15 Shonuff The Master

Shonuff The Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:11 AM

Few things about this chapter.

-What’s with that huge egg on Rogers ship? It’s been drawn there subtly for years. It’s definitely something important. (Dragon, Uranus, GOD Valley, Skypeia)

- I have a feeling Oden is actually alive, or to reveal him physically would give us more outside information that Oda wants to hide for now. That’s why Oda hasn’t revealed him. Look at chapter 631 cover page. People think that’s Crocus drinking with Shiki, but it could actually be Oden. He’s wearing Wano clothes, similar to Kawamatsu. Shiki clothes are Wano related too. There are a lot of connections to Wano that Oda has been subtly showing us. Who’s that guy with Crocus on the cover page?

- Why does Oda always off panel any scene that has action in it? Other than Luffy, nobody really gets much pages dedicated to them showcasing abilities. It’s been years and we still haven’t seen some Straw Hats get a fight. Wouldn’t complain about this but it doesn’t seem like Oda is interested in coming back to these scenes in the future. He just skips it because he doesn’t want to draw. He doesn’t really do 1 vs 1 fights for long anymore either. So many things are just off panelled. Black Beard Pirates vs Revolutionary for example.

- Could Black Beard and Luffy be related somehow through Rocks?

- Cant wait for the chapter of Orochi getting pummelled. Also Kyoshiro is probably a double agent. The last scabbard. He obviously tried to trick Orochi by fake killing
Hiyori.

- Funny Inuarashi doesn’t care and sees the small boat, he wants to go anyway. It seems like there will be a full moon that night too. Page 8 the two girls are talking about it. Will the minks show up? Neko and Marco?

- Something probably happened at the prison or Straw Hats meet up spot for their ship. Or maybe they have an outside plan from Law to hide from one of the traitors (Shinobu)? That doesn’t seem likely though but possible.

- Wonder what role the world government will play in this. Also I wonder what X-Drake is going to do. Aokiji is definitely in SWORD too. What role does Apoo play? Seems like a wasted supernova to just be a Kaido lackey. Will Marco play a role? What about Jinbei?

- Chapter 800, could this all be tied into the “great incident” the 7 leaders of the Luffy alliance are supposed to cause? Kinda similar with Roger crew and Luffy alliance drinking.

- what are those guys carrying on page 12? It cuts between the scenes of Kinemon asking what’s going on so it could related. Who/what is inside?

Edited by Shonuff The Master, 04 October 2019 - 10:28 AM.

• Shonuff The Master likes this

#16 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:31 AM

- Why does Oda always off panel any scene that has action in it? Other than Luffy, nobody really gets much pages dedicated to them showcasing abilities. It’s been years and we still haven’t seen some Straw Hats get a fight. Wouldn’t complain about this but it doesn’t seem like Oda is interested in coming back to these scenes in the future. He just skips it because he doesn’t want to draw. He doesn’t really do 1 vs 1 fights for long anymore either. So many things are just off panelled. Black Beard Pirates vs Revolutionary for example.

this is actually one of my biggest complaints about One Piece. There have been so many opportunities for kool moments for other people but Oda refuses to show them alot of the time. Law vs smoker wad the most we got in a long time.

#17 Shonuff The Master

Shonuff The Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:44 AM

this is actually one of my biggest complaints about One Piece. There have been so many opportunities for kool moments for other people but Oda refuses to show them alot of the time. Law vs smoker wad the most we got in a long time.

Honestly I think it has to do with the art and keeping characters abilities a secret post time skip. I don’t think he wants to draw these scenes in detail anymore, so he just skips over them. He likes to draw Luffy gear 4 though. Oda focus is more on the story than the action nowadays it seems. I remember one piece used to be jam packed with one vs one moments and now we are lucky if characters fight each other for more than 2 pages. He doesn’t want to draw the detailed action scenes, he saves it for the anime I guess. To bad the anime sucks. Even Law vs Smoker was a very quick fight. Not to be that guy who complains that there is no fighting, but it just feels like we keep missing out on some potential good scenes. Oda never goes back to them either.
  • PunkHazard likes this

#18 feres

feres

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 03:55 PM

After a great chapter, a really meh one before a break.

I am used to it, but it still hurts.

#19 Sesshoumaru

Sesshoumaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 October 2019 - 04:41 PM

Worthless flashback, very short chapter, break next week. And of course, the break is right after a cliffhanger. What a joke.

#20 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 05:24 PM

I am getting really tired of this cliffhangers by Oda!

These ones where X hours or X days passed, you see the reaction of SOME characters to a certain event, that is only poorly explained later on in a flashback.

He did it with Reverie, and he did it now again! This writing style sucks. Does he think he's so bad that he can't pull of a plot without pointless cliffhangers or questions like these??

Jesus! Just tell a story straight already!

Right.... Now... Oden's face-reveal is going to be an utter disappointment isn't it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users