#2 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:11 AM

I will Glad to see the full face of lord Oden’s face, his face and nose look like Momonosuke and Hiyori.

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#3 Zeta42

Zeta42

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:25 AM

Welp, all that ally-gathering was for nothing. Way to waste 50 chapters. Just kidding, I think Kyoshiro has a plan B and can help them join the Scabbards. He let Orochi blow up the bridges to give him a false sense of security.

But I wonder how Kaido's men managed to find the Sunny. So the traitor is whoever knows its location? IIRC it's just Tama... and maybe Hitetsu.

Oden's flashback finally begins, and some people have noticed how his profile looks a lot like Orochi's. So the twist about his appearance is that Oden was actually ugly? But that Chad stride though.

#4 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:26 AM

I expected a bit more drama but whatever...

I will Glad to see the full face of lord Oden’s face, his face and nose look like Momonosuke and Hiyori.

He has momos toes.

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#5 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:40 AM

It's nice to see the SH interacting with eachother after so long.
Zoro sanji beef
Chopper excited about usopps reaction to the new armour.
Luffy worried about jimbe.
I loved this chapter for the SH alone.

Confirmation on the alliance knowing about BM.

#6 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,764 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 03:17 AM

Wow dr looks like shit. I feel like Fuji or someone should of forced pica to fix that.

Oh good talking on small snails. Because why not at this point. Being secretive didnt work so screw it.

Oh is usopp an amazing ship Wright now? When did that change? Why did that change?

Oh..... they will be on the sunny... this is awekward. Franky... you see... ships were invented in wano, and only wano craftsmen can make ships able to sail wano seas. So the sunny is clearly inferior to the wano ships

What do you mean gather armor. Weapons were banned not armor.... furthermore Japanese armor was made from wood. You idiots have 20 years to grow and make armor and no one was on that? Where there not enough foxes to collect swords and make armor?

Wait weapons that were to be exported? Ya of course they should work you dont want to get a reputation for a counter that exports bad weapons.... WAIT they are still in the prison... why the hell are there weapons to be exported in the prison? It is a prison.... and dont tell me they were taken from the inmates when they arrived. That is a canon....

"If we assemble too early we will draw unwanted attention" as opposed to the attention a fleet of ships being built is drawing... so a group of people gathering vefore the fire festival will draw unwanted attention but building a fleet is normal. Ok got you.

Ad I have said above, Japanese armor is made of wood (you know. Because it is an island poor in natural resources) so this fan service just sucks. Japanese armor never looked cool to me. Also once again, it is made mostly out if wood, which is like paper in OP.

They really dont look like insects.

It really was .....lucky?.... that big nose had three sets of armor one for a giant(very tall man) one for a normal human and one for a toddler.

See that reaction was uncalled for. Because sanji should be deeply insecure about his bounty. The guy did nothing to deserve that bounty. His only feat... sorry his only "feat" is injuring bobbin who turned out to be a joke. At least zoro made a fool out of pica to earn his bounty.
Now you might be thinking "classic sanji hate from the captain" no, you are wrong, that is literally all sanji did on WCI to earn that bounty. Sanji didnt beat anyone at all... just bobbin kinda.. he spent the damn climax of the arc baking a cake.... unless you want to tell me sanji's new bounty is based on his cake making skills. Or do you want to base his new bounty on losing to judge hurting a luffy who refused to fight back or beating 4?
So....ya.... sanji's bounty is trash.

Wow luffy does care about jimbe. Well I dont. I hope he is dead.

Very noble of the townspeople to throw away their lives to help kin on his suicide mission.

Anyone else remember Pell saying his fruit was one of only 7 knowns flying fruit? Lol looks like he was way off. There are 3 right here.

Oh no the losers did what bm couldnt, sink the sunny... so sad...

To be fair no matter when you go it is suicide. I guess the only difference is if it is suicide because of the storm or suicide because you are attacking two emperors with a group of people who were recently rotting away in prison with broken spirits.

Oh good. Asking momo for permission. At this point it just feels like oda is taunting me.

Ok first impressions of oden: he appears to be wearing a skirt and one of those ridiculous comically over sized knots in the back.
Yep I hate him already.

Hahaha..... I just cant get over how comically over sized those stupid Japanese knots are. They seem like a prop in a bad carrot top sketch.
"Hey carrot top. Why are you wearing sandals"
"Because I dont know how to tie my shoes"
*turns around to reveal comically oversized knot tied in the back of his shirt.

Now hold on one second. Wasnt oden portrayed as an idiot? And I had a fit because every major character in OP is an idiot. Now he is a super serious "hide your kids hide your wife" "over bearing man" so.... I guess he changed in his later years?

Oh well. Let the flashbacks begin....... (I say that with sarcasm and anger not because I want them to begin)

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#7 Enbima

Enbima

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts
  • LocationGourmet World

Posted 18 October 2019 - 04:49 AM

Wasnt it luffy who put the sunny into that place how many people knew about it?

To be effective In combat, a warrior must not feel for his enemy. Close your heart to their desperation. Close your heart for their suffering. The road ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy. You must be a warrior.

- Goku to Gohan.

stop dreaming

#8 gametaka

gametaka

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Locationplace of longest yard.

Posted 18 October 2019 - 05:05 AM

Kaido betray big mum and X drake, big mum pissed when he betrayed by Kaido, X Drake will become second Seth Rollins after betrayed by his mentor. Kaido used X Drake as a star.

Edited by gametaka, 18 October 2019 - 05:06 AM.

Spoiler spoiler for everything

[/spoiler]

#9 Khalid

Khalid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 06:20 AM

At this rate, the battle will never start!

• Abaroxa, masterbio and trafalgarlawisop like this

#10 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 07:19 AM

I like that Luffy was worried for Jimbei.

• Chillman likes this

#11 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 01:14 PM

At this rate, the battle will never start!

Yep. Oda's flashbacks tend to be lengthy like almost a volume. I don't think the battle will start until act 4...

On a good note, I prefer that Oda shows the flashback long before a fight and not in the middle of it ( Law's flashback).

@Shin

I told you that Jinbe will come too. I wonder if he is the one who saved the Sunny.

@capu

I am not a big fan of flashbacks but I am genuinely intrigued by Toki's time travel abilities, meeting Roger, and how he got Enma.

Speaking of which, the sword was made by Kozaburo Shimotsuki. His name is very structurally similar to Koushirou, a native of Shimotsuki village, Kuina's father, and Roronoa Zoro's teacher; both names begin with Kou and end with rou and contain a number in the middle, zabu meaning 3 and shi meaning four 

Kozaburo left Wano illegally over 50 years ago and Koushiro is 51 years old (born in East Blue)... Its definitely safe to assume that Kouzaburo and Koushiro are father and son. The dates do match  :kakashi: . Oda is purposely not being subtle with that connection  :2howgeg: .

Zoro's childhood friend full name would be Kuina Shimotsuki... Its got a ring nice to it  :choc: .

One last thing,  Kouzaburo should be around late 70 to 80 years old meaning that he is possibly alive... I wonder if we will ever see him  :hmm:

• D.Hyuga likes this

#12 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 02:54 PM

^

And Kuina is alive obviously.

#13 raptor13

raptor13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 October 2019 - 05:56 PM

Anyone else remember Pell saying his fruit was one of only 7 knowns flying fruit? Lol looks like he was way off. There are 3 right here.

I'm guessing those are smiles.

Woohoo flashback time!  That means a bonus flashback before the mid-final battle flashback  :whistle:

Which also means the story will continue in 8-22 chapters...  Looking at 2020 for the fighting to start. :glare:

Next Nakama ballot:

Spoiler

#14 Baks

Baks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 01:03 AM

Unsatisfactory chapter imo.

While we got an explanation for Luffy and co's absence at the port thanks to Orochi quite literally and figuratively burning down his bridges.

It doesn't explain how and Luffy and the others got away. I really doubt if Orochi either killed or captured them tbh.

Oh well, at least we got some nice interaction between the crew. Especially the banter between Zoro and Sanji that I personally liked.

#15 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 04:08 PM

^

And Kuina is alive obviously.

@D.Hyuga

With Germa 66 and Vegapunk being able to clone people. It could be anything.

I gotta hand it to Oda. The whole Shimotsuki subplot was teased at least since the end of Enies Lobby when he revealed the name of the village and Koshiro's dojo symbol was not drawn for the heck of it.

#16 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 October 2019 - 12:45 PM

I am not a big fan of flashbacks but I am genuinely intrigued by Toki's time travel abilities, meeting Roger, and how he got Enma.

I too aint a fan of flashbacks, but neither am i a fan of timetravel abilities in generel. Not really intrigued by her DF at all, although i am kind of looking forward to get to know the reason why the Kouzoki clan sealed off Wanos borders. Then again i am far more interested in Ryuumas story than i am in Odens.

Speaking of which, the sword was made by Kozaburo Shimotsuki. His name is very structurally similar to Koushirou, a native of Shimotsuki village, Kuina's father, and Roronoa Zoro's teacher; both names begin with Kou and end with rou and contain a number in the middle, zabu meaning 3 and shi meaning four 

Kozaburo left Wano illegally over 50 years ago and Koushiro is 51 years old (born in East Blue)... Its definitely safe to assume that Kouzaburo and Koushiro are father and son. The dates do match   . Oda is purposely not being subtle with that connection 

Thats some nice piece of Info thx.

Orochi did a decent move then forgot that he cant reach the capital fast enough if is attacked now.... thus not smart in the end at all. I really wonder why Oda is dragging this arc this bad. I mean there was not a single fight so far...except for Luffy of course, who is the only SH Oda still cares for...

And how stupid is Kine the strategist. Honestly in war u first weaken ur enemy before u confront him headon.... goddamn it he is stupid. He should have gathred his forces defeat Orochi when he just left the castles protection. Then take him hostage and kill all his loyal underlings. Thats the way to go, not attack the enemy when  he has gathered all his forces in 1 place, severely out numbering and outpowering u.... that moron of a strategist...     

Edited by capu, 20 October 2019 - 12:46 PM.

#17 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:39 PM

Doesn't this chapter make the previous one totally useless? What was the point of wasting 17 pages of Kinemon going crazy when next week he shows Orochi blowing up the bridges?

Oden is going to be ugly like Orochi, isn't he?

Also, I'm guessing the battle will start at chapter 1000.

#18 Nintendocat

Nintendocat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Location, Location, Location

Posted 21 October 2019 - 06:59 AM

Error in the chapter corrected by Oda's staff: Flashback takes place 41 years ago, not 39. https://www.reddit.c...hapter_and_the/
  • Chillman likes this

#19 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:36 PM

Error in the chapter corrected by Oda's staff: Flashback takes place 41 years ago, not 39. https://www.reddit.c...hapter_and_the/

That's a big mistake.
Specially because we just got the God alley 38 years ago. I seriously thought there was a connection, now I know there won't be a connection.

#20 Kid Frost

Kid Frost

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationJet-Setting

Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:56 AM

Specially because we just got the God alley 38 years ago. I seriously thought there was a connection, now I know there won't be a connection.

Even if the flashback happened 39 years ago it wouldn't have made sense for it to be connected to the God Valley incident given the timeline of events that we already know, so that assumption would've been a mistake on your part.

WZhSNm9.jpg

Spoiler Top 20 Anime Updated

Spoiler Top 20 Manga

Spoiler Top 20 Western Comics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users