#21 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 October 2019 - 11:28 AM

But for real. I like OP.

So do i,  starting to think its gonna be a past tense (did) soon though...

More op. More fights, more crew interactions, more dramatic scenes, more villians, more df more arcs

See thats the problem. It's been less fights for at least 7 years by now. ONLY Luffy get's fights, when in the past the entire crew got focus..., crew interactions are a goner as well, since most of the time only 3-4 members are around...,more DFs lol, Oda started to reinvent the same abilities at least a decade ago. No need for more DFs if they do exactly the same the last 10 did already...Logia were a thing with the old admirals, but Oda has no sense for the power of an earth or wind logia... preTS lightning was a beastly logia DF, so where the fruits of the admirals, but since TS we got swamp...buja....not....well we also got gas, but it was a weakling/non fighting char who got it so...

But has anyone ever wished there was more flashbacks?

I would hope not, sadly i know many (even in this forum) enjoy flashbacks, dont ask me why, i did not like a single one so far. Although 2-3 were decent admittedly (mayhaps?, at least i'd say Laws was ok, well thinking about it, no more decent ones come to mind, so perhaps its just this one that was decent..). 

Ok so all that being said I really dont care at all about anything that happened in this chapter.

Me neither, once more an entire chapter wasted...after the last one being this rubbish i hoped Oda would try to make up for it, but then we get this shi* chap...i fear we now get a thorough Oden life representation with like 20 chaps wasted, just to show us how Kaidou puts him into a pot and boils him... ohh my if i would be told how many chaps this is going on for now, i would skip that number of pages, without reading...

1 it never stops amazing me how real creatures are treated in OP. "I saw a mountain move. Weird... moving on...." "oh no a mountain god" freaking ridiculous. That is an actual thing, it is an adult white boar. Why.... why do they act this way? I am just at a loss for words at how stupid these people are. It isn't a "mountain god" it is a damn animal. The white boar isnt a harold of the gods it is a baby animal. Is oda making these people morons for the surprise reveal at the end or is everyone in op just a moron?

definately the latter...they all r morons...i mean just take a look at the main character... he is even worse than the "ordinary" moron...

2 oden looks.... freaking hilarious. The dude is wearing a skirt. He has a comically oversized knot on his back and a dish on his head. I am sure he looks like the coolest guy in Japan so good for him. But he looks like a clown in all western societies.

see this is why i like ur posts we agree on a lot! i wonder when we will see the next crossdressing samurai...NOT. Those japanese folks totally got some screws loose.

I have been reading OP for over 10 years and I’m sure you have read it for a long time too. Yet it seems you only read this for fights scenes and instant gratification.

No u misunderstand, first off even if fights are what some people, might enjoy most, that does in no way  mean they dont enjoy a good plot. Thing is plot sucks and aint moving forward at all currently. Instead we deliberately get crying wusses Oda wants us to care about, instead of a tag-team event with the entire crew having their reason/justification as to why they r crewmembers (because they are funny, needed each with his own skillset, in order to protect thir captain from foes he himslf cant beat (Usoop's words)) we only get the same old shit centering Luffy. Instead of a battle being planned through we get the same old tactics from morons. Rush in, fight, win... there aint anyone who actually plans a battle in op (only at MF with Sengoku, and he retired....and like the lucky shot Law had with crippling Kaidou, by beating DD (and thats where the "plan" already ended, at the very beginning of what people could call a plan)). Begin a war with the strongest thing alive and dont think it threw....thats how stupid op is! Where is the so called character development most Oda defenders always speak off? Learn from ur mistakes is also maturing, yet that is exactly what OP lacks... 

To readers who actually invested time and money into this series, the world building and character development are important too. I’ve been waiting to see Wano for years

What makes u think that only those who invest money or only those who dont enjoy fights are capable of enjoying  world building and character development? Pretty biased view dont u think?

And yes i  too have been waiting to see Wano start for more than a decade, its the arc i always was most interested in. And Oda fuc*s it up hard. Nothing noteworthy happended so far, for as long as this arc has been going its the most boring by far. Shogun is a completely waste of a samurai character, and it aint funny that Oda choose to make him a clown! Its the biggest dehype with which Oda ever managed to fuc* up and entire arc! All other characters we got to know are morons/weaklings as well. Good thing another yonkou joined...NOT! With the allies the SHs currently have, they still have 0 chance vs Kaidou and his crew alone (after all Kaidou 1shotted Luffy...), then Oda decides to throw in even more, i mean another yonkou, really? Congratulations, if  u dont critizise this too, then u dont understand how terrible Oda just fuc*ed up the character developement, by giving each character less screentime because a few hundred important ones just entered the fray... and u speak about world building, laughable, Oda just destroyed a lot of world building by having 2 out of 5 main antagonists be at 1 place... 

Like in this flashback we already see that Denjiro has Wado Ichimonji on his back

That this is Wado aint certain, it has similartites but there are differences too. youtubers have analysed this and found enough differences to doubt those 2 to be the same.

We get a flashback with a prominent member of Rogers crew. That is significant.

Why a flahsback?, just let Kinemon tell us the story and safe space! Needless dragging of the plot! Same with the GR flashback, we already knew every single detail that we got during that senseless chapter, yet u enjoy world building? perhaps confuse it with retelling the same old shit again, over and over? Kinemon could have told us all the important info in 1 chap, now we will have like 10-20 chaps with most likely less plot-content...

I know Oda has skipped a few fight scenes and it could be frustrating, but if only read this for fights and drama every chapter better to just read or watch Dragon Ball.

A few? really? EVERY SINGLE FIGHT except Luffys where skipped, unless they where 2paged skirmishes at best, non exist where a non-Luffy-SH had to go all out! and even some of Luffys where skipped, i might add. 8 years the last all out SH (entire crew) battle took place, and u complain about some skips? dude start reading op for real!

R u fuc*ing serious? Its time us and not u people get to enjoy the story again, and let me tell u, i have  been reading op for more than 18 years! disregard this boring ... well world building and character devolopement (which for someoone smart is easy found to be nonexistant in current op story!) and stop doing senseless/stupid things grow the fuc* up and let luffy for once not do the same mistakes he already did back at alabasta! where is ur character development? Tell me what has changed? Did Luffy not rush Kaidou just like he rushed everyone else preTS? Tell me what has changed? Answer is nothing, Chopper, Luffy, still retards... what development u speak of? Usoop, still a coward...where is ur so called development? Sanji, still getting an orgasm about every single woman (even female animals by now) he sees, where is ur character development? Start reading OP for real and stop defending Oda for the shi* he does lately!

Ohh  wait thre acutally was char development, Zoro gave away Shuusui for no reason.... yet refused to take the 2nd gen Kitetsu... that pretty contradictory... 

no wait its simply bad writing when one remembers the respect Zoro had for Ryuma... but Odalovers dont care....about writing a shi* story, destorying the entire former attitude of a char needlessly... 

OP has its critiques, but you are just fishing for things to hate on. Oda doesn’t care about Western Society opinion on clothes. This is a Japanese manga. He is wearing old Japanese attire, you are from the West but read manga so why do you care so much about his clothes? Just to let you know, not everyone around the world dresses like a they are from the West. This is 40 years ago flashback. As for his hair, yeah it is goofy looking and I’m sure Oda did that on purpose just like he does for many goofy looking characters in this series. Not going to tell you how you should think about a character design but it seems you are just mad he doesn’t have thin nose and boring hair style. Not everyone has to have a thin nose and typical anime face. You just hate on everything you can find to hate on, don’t you?

So u dont think wearing a plate for a hat is stupid?  Tell me which japanese people did wear a plate on the head???? NONE!!! This is not describing the samurai era at all, its simply looks stupid and Oda choose that for himself, not because its japanese fashion! Although i dont really care for looks, i just wanted to show u how little basis there is for ur line of arguementation.  

Funny we finally get to see Wano and perhaps get more info on the void century, the actual One Piece and many important things that have been lingering on in the series and you just complain we don’t get to see a big fight. For someone who has read this for so long, isn’t that a bit dense?

We r 60 chapters into the story of Wano, considering its lentgh, we never have had this little information in an arc that was meant to give us some. U wanna wait for another 200 chaps until we finally get to hear about the poneglyphs again? i dont! we got literally no info about the content of BMs stones either, Brook is still carrying them in his head or what? again where is the plot moving like at all currently? Orochi could have been attacked when he moved to Onigashima and the capital could have been taken over by now, instead we got NO PLOT PROGRESS AT freaking ALL! U finally understand how much OP sucks currently? Its nothing but senseless dragging of a plot!

This series has been around since the 90’s. There are many mysteries that need to be shown. There are more important things than fights. If you want instant gratification and drama from action scenes, go read a manga for 12 year olds. Or go watch the Avengers or something. Fights don’t give us the information that we need as readers. One Piece is a long series and it’s a long process. Oda isn’t going to throw his masterpiece out the window for a few cheap action scenes. Just to please casual readers who don’t even support the series financially, even though they have the means to. Sure it’s been frustrating having a few scenes skipped over, but overall I’m not going to complain to much. If Oda gives us a few answers to things we’ve been waiting to see and know for literally years.

Another post like the one before.... Tell me where is ur so called plot moving to in the current flashback??? How can the current plot go onward when the flashback is about things that happened 40 years ago? Why can only a flashback present us such information instead of i.e. a scabbard? How is info the reader gets helping the SHs, who dont know about said flashback? 

BTW u dont seem to know this but op is actually an adventure AND ACTION manga....Oda simply gives a fuc* about the action part lately, which is what makes many fans furious, since its a complete change of what the manga was about for more than a decade.. 

But the fights are clearly and indisputably being cut short. Oda even admitted to thay in an interview. Now I have been reading op long enough to remember when sanji zoro and luffy would all get fights worth reading. In the last 3 arc only luffy got a fight worth reading.

EXACTLY but those wannabe plot lovers/ world building / character development folks, unlike us, dont grant others the room for us to have fun, they insist on telling us they r cut short (when its the other way around), or we should read something else, those selfish ignorants.

Even just critizism aint no longer applicable without others complaining about how little we actually know about the manga, when we can directly underline our view by arguements and the actual route the manga is taking compared to how it once was...

Now this may come as a surprise to you. But OP is an action adventure manga.

they completely ignore the action part, for them its ONLY an adventure manga...i dont recall how often i told some, thats its an action manga too, yet they still bring the same old world building/character development arguements...fun fact for them there is ZERO character development within the SHs... they really seem to lack proper reading skills....

Ok. So. Now own to your substantive comments.
1 how is he ruining his pacing.... oh I dont freaking know... maybe because he did something like this
3 chapters ago- It is time to attack kiadou let's go!!!!!
2 chapters ago- oh no the boats were destroyed in a vicious attack last night, want to see how it happened?
1 chapter ago- oh but before we can see any of that here is a man in a skirt.

So over the course of 3 chapters we went from going to attack wano, to skirt man flashbacks. If that isnt a break in pacing I dont know what is...

Hush now our "critics" cant deal with arguements. They will only tell us how much the plot will be moving because of something that happened  x years ago, with no SH getting bored by it, since its a flashback they dont see, thus without consequence in the current plotline, but hey they dont mind...its plot for plots sake they want and thats what they get...

You know how I know he can do that? BECAUSE THATS WHAT HE DID FOR THE FIRST 500 CHAPTERS OF OP!
So get out of here with that "oda can either tell a good story or have fights he cant do both" nonsense.

Sadly it stopped as soon as the TS began, then all that was left was Luffy (rest of the SHs where simply standing by, doing nothing  fightingwise (onscreen at least)), as useless side characters, that in the end stopped to matter as soon as their arc was done (preTS Croc,Vivi, CP9, Moria, DD, all still matter, anyone here thinks Hodi will ever matter again?, or how about Katakuri?, a great char, but put on the sideline for Luffys show...CC? will Oda truly reintroduce him? I doubt he cares for one of the only chars that made WCI worth reading...)... BTW is Sanji still considered a nakama? I mean does Oda do so? Then why does he not get to do anything, i mean really ANYTHING?

Edited by capu, 27 October 2019 - 11:41 AM.

#22 Kaidou

Kaidou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 02:36 PM

Expecting some crazy insane reveal in this flashback to jsutify the love and praise Oden is getting constantly. Not a fan of him at first tough.

#23 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:38 AM

This is why I come to this forum. @capu and @captain kidd I agree with you both alot. Especially about the fights. I hate that we dont get more fights. Its a big critique I have with One Piece and a few other Action series. But I have to say I believe we are in the minority of people who feel like this. I get on reddit alot and the sub reddit of one piece are filled with people who agree with @Shonuff The Master. I’ve got in countless arguments about this very same issue Of not enough fights over there and Im always the one being out numbered and downvoted. With both One piece and HunterxHunter. Its starting to make me feel like most fans dont care about action as much as we do. I don’t understand it at all but thats whats its starting to seem like.

https://i.imgur.com/kGyMmej.jpg...

:notsure::notsure::notsure::notsure:

omg this would be soooo cool

Edited by PunkHazard, 28 October 2019 - 06:55 AM.

• capu likes this

#24 D.Hyuga

D.Hyuga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 07:54 AM

With both One piece and HunterxHunter.

HxH is really having world building, so don't mess it with OP. Right now focus is on royal succession and 'non-contact' battle royale between successors. HxH is few tiers higher then OP in quality.

#25 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 10:18 AM

HxH is really having world building, so don't mess it with OP. Right now focus is on royal succession and 'non-contact' battle royale between successors. HxH is few tiers higher then OP in quality.

I’d definitely say its more intricate but not that the world building is better. Its jus different.

#26 trafalgarlawisop

trafalgarlawisop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 11:44 AM

This is why I come to this forum. @capu and @captain kidd I agree with you both alot. Especially about the fights. I hate that we dont get more fights. Its a big critique I have with One Piece and a few other Action series. But I have to say I believe we are in the minority of people who feel like this. I get on reddit alot and the sub reddit of one piece are filled with people who agree with @Shonuff The Master. I’ve got in countless arguments about this very same issue Of not enough fights over there and Im always the one being out numbered and downvoted. With both One piece and HunterxHunter. Its starting to make me feel like most fans dont care about action as much as we do. I don’t understand it at all but thats whats its starting to seem like.

omg this would be soooo cool

@PunkHazard

I have recently watched Stampede in an almost full theater... I can testify that fans went ape shit when crazy action sequences and team up happened . The crowd literally screamed when Zoro vs Fujitora (not a spoiler) happened and offered mind-blowing action. Bottomline, One Piece fans also love action.

The film shows all the untapped potential Oda could use in terms of action and character interactions.

#27 Strobacaxi

Strobacaxi

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,544 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 02:37 PM

Its starting to make me feel like most fans dont care about action as much as we do. I don’t understand it at all but thats whats its starting to seem like.

Fights were never the reason OP is a great manga.

OP fights were always mediocre

• Chillman likes this

tumblr_mg4t7olJvZ1s2x1ggo1_500.png

#28 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:17 PM

While i can agree with the first part, i would still say not many Mangas have epic battles like MFwar or ELbattle embedded. So all in all OP had epic fights, even DR battle was good (thus better than mediocre) when compared to a lot of other mangas. Of course u can say that DBZ (or other fights-focussing mangas) had better ones, but they all hugly lack any real/proper world building/plot, thus summed up with different important aims of an manga OP truly deserve to topple them all (at least in the past).

#29 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 06:40 PM

@PunkHazard

I have recently watched Stampede in an almost full theater... I can testify that fans went ape shit when crazy action sequences and team up happened . The crowd literally screamed when Zoro vs Fujitora (not a spoiler) happened and offered mind-blowing action. Bottomline, One Piece fans also love action.

The film shows all the untapped potential Oda could use in terms of action and character interactions.

ohhh that makes me so hyped to go see it! Im supposed to see it on Wednesday!

i disagree wit this. While fights in One piece have never been known for choreography or technical things like that. I think the creativity and bombastic-ness of it all made up for it
  • capu likes this

#30 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 2,153 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 30 October 2019 - 01:20 AM

Sometimes I think with things people are passionate about and actually really enjoy they are overly critical of them, and that can come across as being negative or being a hater. I sort of get like that too with things, but to others it can look like you are just bashing it. Like I do really enjoy OP, but I have found the Wano arc a little frustrating even if there are parts I like. There are so many things going on outside of Wano that I am actually more interested in and it gets frustrating that so much of that is being skipped over. Though I understand why Oda is skipping over them because he has never really ever shifted focus off Luffy outside of flashbacks and a few chapters here and there. So he hasn't really changed his approach, but just so many more things are going on off panel now that it is disappointing we are only getting small pieces of them.

Anyway, as for the flashback Oda really is building up Oden to be something special. I guess Big Mom had better feats at a younger age when at like 5 years old she destroyed the entire giant village, but Oden doesn't seem too far behind that for someone that wasn't as big as a giant. I do really wonder what the end payoff here will be with him. I really have no idea. You don't really see Oda build up a character like this. I guess maybe because of him Roger was able to conquer the Grand Line and stuff and he was the key to that maybe? Although for someone that Oda is building up a TON he still wasn't able to turn Enma into a black blade. So someone as great as Oden not doing that feels odd.

Finally seeing his appearance was nice. Looks normal and not super remarkable, but he is kind of what I expected. I didn't think Oda would give him a super crazy design. I guess we knew he was a rebel before this, but his actions feel a bit extreme. Him defeating a mountain pig will be interesting at least, lol. Guess he mellows out when he gets older. Also seeing young punk Kin'emon was fun, especially his interaction with Tsuru. Also it does really look like Denjiro is Zoro's old master as a kid. That did look like Wado on his back. Maybe he leaves Wano when Oden does and that is how he ends up in East Blue. Although Kin'emon and the rest didn't know what happened to Dnejiro and are still looking for him to join them, and Zoro's master was already in East Blue before Orochi took over. So I don't know if the timelines line up. Also no one has made the connection with Zoro having Wado Ichimonji and it formerly being Dnejiro's. So who knows, but he did look a lot like him.

I guess what I am looking forward to seeing most in the flashback is Oden's wife. As she is supposed to be from hundreds of years ago and I guess will be the oldest confirmed devil fruit user? Feels like it will have some connection to that lost century as Oda is kind of starting to answer a lot of the big mysteries now.

#31 Abaroxa

Abaroxa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 04:17 AM

@captain kidd
@capu
@PunkHazard
@Strobacaxi

I don't wanna come across like a self righteous that has an answer to everything but I do believe onepiece is the one that benefited the most of the balance established during the big 3 era.
Whenever there was 10/10 chapter, people would and still enjoy it tremendously. Nowadays whenever there is a below the average chapter, people only focus on that. 10 years ago, during the big 3 era, whenver there was a low chapter, either bleach or naruto would compensate and "warm" our hearts.
I agree that there are less focus on the crew interaction and crew 1vs1 but believe me other than that, its all the same. We are just experiencing it harder because of the support of other good mangas and because oda introduced the break every 5 chaps.
Look at DR, many hated it because 1. was too long 2. no naruto 3. oda started doing the breaks.

For me personally usually 961, a chapter before an oda break, has a lot of weight on its shoulders and it has to deliver a killer chapter with a killer cliffhanger.
But since I have attack on titans next weak I am kind of relaxed.

#32 capu

capu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 October 2019 - 11:21 AM

@captain kidd
@capu
@PunkHazard
@Strobacaxi

I don't wanna come across like a self righteous that has an answer to everything but I do believe onepiece is the one that benefited the most of the balance established during the big 3 era.
Whenever there was 10/10 chapter, people would and still enjoy it tremendously. Nowadays whenever there is a below the average chapter, people only focus on that. 10 years ago, during the big 3 era, whenver there was a low chapter, either bleach or naruto would compensate and "warm" our hearts.
I agree that there are less focus on the crew interaction and crew 1vs1 but believe me other than that, its all the same. We are just experiencing it harder because of the support of other good mangas and because oda introduced the break every 5 chaps.
Look at DR, many hated it because 1. was too long 2. no naruto 3. oda started doing the breaks.

For me personally usually 961, a chapter before an oda break, has a lot of weight on its shoulders and it has to deliver a killer chapter with a killer cliffhanger.
But since I have attack on titans next weak I am kind of relaxed.

At least for me pesonally what applied to u does not apply. As soon as Aizen arc was done, i did no longer enjoy Bleach at all and only continued to read it (not even on a weekly basis anymore) for old times sake. In fact i was very much dissatisfied with how badly the Quincy where handled.

And while Naruto was great as long as Madara was around, i always enjoyed OP far more than i did Naruto (only exception to this was Jiraya vs Pain, great part during the story).

And while u r totally right that a bad OP chap most likely was compensated by another manga i read, i still am under the impression that Oda changed his  focus in a bad way, with him, since TS, ONLY focussing on Luffy. His "current" Luffy focus has nothing to do with a chapter being bad, its simply his decision, and said decision is what has taken a lot of potential from OP (at least from my point of view). 

Why does Oda spoil us by saying this will be Sanjis arc, when Sanji is a complete sideliner? Every decision made in this arc was done by Luffy. Even the big announcements/claims/promises from Sanji where left  unfulfilled... Why does Oda tease us with Usoop and Chopper claiming they will be of use, yet NEVER (ok Usoop got a bit during DR) shows us their improvment/ their developement (power and characterwise).

Why has Robin still not said ANYTHING about the RA and what she learned about the powers/structure of the world during her time there? Why does she not give advices as the most matured within the SHs (well Jinbei disregarded)

All in all the TS is years past now, but except for Luffy we have not been shown the slightest bit about the knowledge the other SHs gained during their stay (Nami and Brook showed some, but thats 2 out of 8 no-Luffy-SH, Jinbei not counted).

I truly dislike the breaks as well (which fan does not) but i dont fault Oda for it, on the contrary if he needs the time in order to feel or be healthy enough, i wouldnt even dare to try to convince him not to take as much as he needs.

I actually truly liked DR. I still love Barto, Fuji, DD and the fact that Oda managed (and how he managed it) to enlarge the SHs fame and power.

I also am good with WCI, but partly only because i hoped the time for Luffy to be the ONLY one to get focus to have ended, but sadly Wano just continued what i dislike the most since TS and that is that the rest of  the crew is nonexistant and only Luffy is the center of all, thus the only one who this story has any connection to....     

• Red Opus likes this

#33 Shonuff The Master

Shonuff The Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 12:05 PM

So do i, starting to think its gonna be a past tense (did) soon though...

See thats the problem. It's been less fights for at least 7 years by now. ONLY Luffy get's fights, when in the past the entire crew got focus..., crew interactions are a goner as well, since most of the time only 3-4 members are around...,more DFs lol, Oda started to reinvent the same abilities at least a decade ago. No need for more DFs if they do exactly the same the last 10 did already...Logia were a thing with the old admirals, but Oda has no sense for the power of an earth or wind logia... preTS lightning was a beastly logia DF, so where the fruits of the admirals, but since TS we got swamp...buja....not....well we also got gas, but it was a weakling/non fighting char who got it so...

I would hope not, sadly i know many (even in this forum) enjoy flashbacks, dont ask me why, i did not like a single one so far. Although 2-3 were decent admittedly (mayhaps?, at least i'd say Laws was ok, well thinking about it, no more decent ones come to mind, so perhaps its just this one that was decent..).

Me neither, once more an entire chapter wasted...after the last one being this rubbish i hoped Oda would try to make up for it, but then we get this shi* chap...i fear we now get a thorough Oden life representation with like 20 chaps wasted, just to show us how Kaidou puts him into a pot and boils him... ohh my if i would be told how many chaps this is going on for now, i would skip that number of pages, without reading...

definately the latter...they all r morons...i mean just take a look at the main character... he is even worse than the "ordinary" moron...

see this is why i like ur posts we agree on a lot! i wonder when we will see the next crossdressing samurai...NOT. Those japanese folks totally got some screws loose.

No u misunderstand, first off even if fights are what some people, might enjoy most, that does in no way mean they dont enjoy a good plot. Thing is plot sucks and aint moving forward at all currently. Instead we deliberately get crying wusses Oda wants us to care about, instead of a tag-team event with the entire crew having their reason/justification as to why they r crewmembers (because they are funny, needed each with his own skillset, in order to protect thir captain from foes he himslf cant beat (Usoop's words)) we only get the same old shit centering Luffy. Instead of a battle being planned through we get the same old tactics from morons. Rush in, fight, win... there aint anyone who actually plans a battle in op (only at MF with Sengoku, and he retired....and like the lucky shot Law had with crippling Kaidou, by beating DD (and thats where the "plan" already ended, at the very beginning of what people could call a plan)). Begin a war with the strongest thing alive and dont think it threw....thats how stupid op is! Where is the so called character development most Oda defenders always speak off? Learn from ur mistakes is also maturing, yet that is exactly what OP lacks...

What makes u think that only those who invest money or only those who dont enjoy fights are capable of enjoying world building and character development? Pretty biased view dont u think?
And yes i too have been waiting to see Wano start for more than a decade, its the arc i always was most interested in. And Oda fuc*s it up hard. Nothing noteworthy happended so far, for as long as this arc has been going its the most boring by far. Shogun is a completely waste of a samurai character, and it aint funny that Oda choose to make him a clown! Its the biggest dehype with which Oda ever managed to fuc* up and entire arc! All other characters we got to know are morons/weaklings as well. Good thing another yonkou joined...NOT! With the allies the SHs currently have, they still have 0 chance vs Kaidou and his crew alone (after all Kaidou 1shotted Luffy...), then Oda decides to throw in even more, i mean another yonkou, really? Congratulations, if u dont critizise this too, then u dont understand how terrible Oda just fuc*ed up the character developement, by giving each character less screentime because a few hundred important ones just entered the fray... and u speak about world building, laughable, Oda just destroyed a lot of world building by having 2 out of 5 main antagonists be at 1 place...

That this is Wado aint certain, it has similartites but there are differences too. youtubers have analysed this and found enough differences to doubt those 2 to be the same.

Why a flahsback?, just let Kinemon tell us the story and safe space! Needless dragging of the plot! Same with the GR flashback, we already knew every single detail that we got during that senseless chapter, yet u enjoy world building? perhaps confuse it with retelling the same old shit again, over and over? Kinemon could have told us all the important info in 1 chap, now we will have like 10-20 chaps with most likely less plot-content...

A few? really? EVERY SINGLE FIGHT except Luffys where skipped, unless they where 2paged skirmishes at best, non exist where a non-Luffy-SH had to go all out! and even some of Luffys where skipped, i might add. 8 years the last all out SH (entire crew) battle took place, and u complain about some skips? dude start reading op for real!
R u fuc*ing serious? Its time us and not u people get to enjoy the story again, and let me tell u, i have been reading op for more than 18 years! disregard this boring ... well world building and character devolopement (which for someoone smart is easy found to be nonexistant in current op story!) and stop doing senseless/stupid things grow the fuc* up and let luffy for once not do the same mistakes he already did back at alabasta! where is ur character development? Tell me what has changed? Did Luffy not rush Kaidou just like he rushed everyone else preTS? Tell me what has changed? Answer is nothing, Chopper, Luffy, still retards... what development u speak of? Usoop, still a coward...where is ur so called development? Sanji, still getting an orgasm about every single woman (even female animals by now) he sees, where is ur character development? Start reading OP for real and stop defending Oda for the shi* he does lately!

no wait its simply bad writing when one remembers the respect Zoro had for Ryuma... but Odalovers dont care....about writing a shi* story, destorying the entire former attitude of a char needlessly...

So u dont think wearing a plate for a hat is stupid? Tell me which japanese people did wear a plate on the head???? NONE!!! This is not describing the samurai era at all, its simply looks stupid and Oda choose that for himself, not because its japanese fashion! Although i dont really care for looks, i just wanted to show u how little basis there is for ur line of arguementation.

We r 60 chapters into the story of Wano, considering its lentgh, we never have had this little information in an arc that was meant to give us some. U wanna wait for another 200 chaps until we finally get to hear about the poneglyphs again? i dont! we got literally no info about the content of BMs stones either, Brook is still carrying them in his head or what? again where is the plot moving like at all currently? Orochi could have been attacked when he moved to Onigashima and the capital could have been taken over by now, instead we got NO PLOT PROGRESS AT freaking ALL! U finally understand how much OP sucks currently? Its nothing but senseless dragging of a plot!

Another post like the one before.... Tell me where is ur so called plot moving to in the current flashback??? How can the current plot go onward when the flashback is about things that happened 40 years ago? Why can only a flashback present us such information instead of i.e. a scabbard? How is info the reader gets helping the SHs, who dont know about said flashback?
BTW u dont seem to know this but op is actually an adventure AND ACTION manga....Oda simply gives a fuc* about the action part lately, which is what makes many fans furious, since its a complete change of what the manga was about for more than a decade..

EXACTLY but those wannabe plot lovers/ world building / character development folks, unlike us, dont grant others the room for us to have fun, they insist on telling us they r cut short (when its the other way around), or we should read something else, those selfish ignorants.
Even just critizism aint no longer applicable without others complaining about how little we actually know about the manga, when we can directly underline our view by arguements and the actual route the manga is taking compared to how it once was...

they completely ignore the action part, for them its ONLY an adventure manga...i dont recall how often i told some, thats its an action manga too, yet they still bring the same old world building/character development arguements...fun fact for them there is ZERO character development within the SHs... they really seem to lack proper reading skills....

Hush now our "critics" cant deal with arguements. They will only tell us how much the plot will be moving because of something that happened x years ago, with no SH getting bored by it, since its a flashback they dont see, thus without consequence in the current plotline, but hey they dont mind...its plot for plots sake they want and thats what they get...

Sadly it stopped as soon as the TS began, then all that was left was Luffy (rest of the SHs where simply standing by, doing nothing fightingwise (onscreen at least)), as useless side characters, that in the end stopped to matter as soon as their arc was done (preTS Croc,Vivi, CP9, Moria, DD, all still matter, anyone here thinks Hodi will ever matter again?, or how about Katakuri?, a great char, but put on the sideline for Luffys show...CC? will Oda truly reintroduce him? I doubt he cares for one of the only chars that made WCI worth reading...)... BTW is Sanji still considered a nakama? I mean does Oda do so? Then why does he not get to do anything, i mean really ANYTHING?

Not going to waste my time responding to much to this long drawn out essay repeating the same thing over and over.

How does the plot suck? Because there isn’t a fight? Seems you have an issue with the pacing. Which is exactly my point that you want instant gratification.

Do you understand why there haven’t been any drawn out fights with the SH for a while? There hasn’t been a reason for any of them to get into one. Are you not already bored of gears 4?

Do you know what suspense is? Oda is building it up. Again you say you don’t want instant gratification, but that’s exactly what you want. You are complain about pacing. Oda doesn’t care about pacing in this manga. If you are going to keep complaining about it, you will never be happy again.

How dense are you? Oda wants his manga to be long as hell. If he wants to put in a flashback and show us what happens instead of a cheap explanation so be it. You are bitching about a flashback or having to wait a few weeks for a fight. He doesn’t care, which is why he takes breaks every few chapters. Read this in an actual volume magazine and not chapter you stole off the internet and the plot is pretty good, sure it has its critiques.

No character development? We literally spent a whole arc before this one learning about Sanji entire background after years and years of mystery. That’s not good enough for you? Why because he didn’t get a big one vs one fight? Now we are in Wano and probably going to learn more about Zoro and that’s not good enough for you either. Their characters have more depth to them beyond fighting.

The SH haven’t developed as much because there was literally a 2 year time skip. Since then Oda has been trying to plug a lot of hole and mystery’s that have been lingering. One Piece is structured differently now. At the moment Oda doesn’t want to show all the details about what they went through and learnt. That’s obvious as night and day. When it happens and the characters get their moment, what will you complain about then?

How about actually having a valid criticism? I’m not getting much from you here. You make a claim and offer no examples to support such claim. You are just venting.

Never knew you could tell the future. You have absolutely no idea what Oda is going to do with any of his characters that he introduced. Don’t pretend. It’s clear you have no optimism though, so you’re just fishing for things to critique. Really all you are showing with this post is that you lack patience and don’t understand that OP is meant to be a long story. Why would you care if you had to read another 200 chapters? Do you not expect to be alive by then? How about you have some optimism for things that will clearly come. SH members will get their shine when it makes sense in the story.

Things have been chaotic and the SH haven’t had the chance to settle as a crew and actually talk about anything. Again you are acting like Brook will never speak about the poneglyph. You act like all the things you complain about will never happen. You simply have to wait for them. You have no patience though.

Since the Time skip I don’t even think OP has been that great. Probably like a 6 at best, but I understand there is a bigger picture and all the things you are complaining about not happening are just your own issue with pacing and wanting instant gratification.

It’s pretty obvious that there will be some sort of plan against Kaido and Big Mom. You have absolutely no optimism with your assumption though. Starting to question what it is you actually like in this manga.

When did Zoro refuse the sword? Also if you read it was started that Ryuuma sword is a national treasure and would give the poor and starving people of Wano a massive morale boost. Why would Zoro argue against that if he gets a quality sword in return? He’s not a selfish character and understood the bigger picture in that moment.

Odens face is like a typical Japanese person, so is his attire. Just going to leave that there to the ones calling him ugly. His hair is pretty goofy though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users